PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see both sides of the argument around their silence.

On one hand, they were quick enough to dispel the rumours that PES, PLA and PAS faoe leagues were still in, but no so quick to confirm this.

But on the other, saying nothing about a real but unlicensed league being in-game is normal for them, as I've saod previously, they don't verbally confirm any real but unlicensed league prior to the team list coming out.

All they have to do is say that they are still in, they don't have to say anything beyond that, I just want to know that they are still in, in whatever format, whether it be licensed or unlicensed.

I'd say losing the 2nd divisions (so it seems) is more damaging than losing the Champions League.

For now, confirmed leagues mean roughly 86 teams added.
Let's imagine they add Colombian, Japanese and Chinese league, plus a new Asian fake league with 20 teams. That would mean 74 more teams.
So 160 teams.

On PC last year we could add at least 140 and it was stable, probably we could add more.

So I am not sure if their old crappy DB would be an issue .

They might want to add Nation's League and AFC Asian Cup. That could break their database and make it unstable if it's the case though.

I'm having fun with older PES games at the moment, plus I'm trying to make up my own mind about the current demo (I kinda like it, but I haven't played enough yet), so the 30th doesn't seem that far to me.

This being said, I already pre-ordered so it's just a matter of what I'll find upon download instead of a matter of if I find that it meets my expectations, then I'll buy.

The more I read on here the less I want to actually buy pes 2019. The gameplay is nice but it seems like they are going to push out another game with no a lot to keep me entertained. if it was a case of just comapring exhibition matches between the two games, PES has my vote all day long. But what will keep me playing this next march?

Completely losing almost 50 teams is way worse than losing some graphics, intros or scoreboards from Champions and Europa League.

To me, Italian Pes fan who wants to bring a Serie B team to Serie A, Master League is completely useless in Pes 2019 as it is. That was one of the last things that made me somehow enjoy the mode, now all that is lost, it seems.

Completely losing almost 50 teams is way worse than losing some graphics, intros or scoreboards from Champions and Europa League.
If they have, they've clearly made an executive decision that the new leagues are more important than the second divisions.

Although Ligue 2 would be an anomaly.

Ill say my last word on the 2nd division subject dont want to clog the news thread with complaints but if this turns out to be true then its just another example of konami trying to push ML fans towards playing online

Its sneaky sales tactics to me right from the AI getting dumbed down losing team individuality in 2018 to this 2nd division removal I find it pretty sad really when you consider its mostly the ML players who kept the game alive between 08-14 by still purchasing PES I get they have no obligation as a business to reward loyalty but you would think a simple nod to say thanks in the forrm of an immersive ML is not too much to ask is it?

Regress to a single D2 for all the leagues as it was years ago, would be a slap in the face so hard to offline players I can't even start to seriously comment it. Not only we'd have the same exact dull ML as before (don't even start with the "new" transfer negotiations, please).. but the only appealing thing remained in this modality would eventually be butchered away.

I was more or less already out for the gameplay alone, but IF this is confirmed to be true I seriously hope other offline people will give them the response they deserve.

I don't know if you guys already saw this, but the team list is out
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/page/license_list
only 2 german teams!? schalke and leverkusen!?

???
Important Notice Regarding the Brazilian National Team License
17/08/2018

Due to various unexpected circumstances, player licenses (player names, face models, etc.) for the Brazilian National Team will not be available at launch.

Brazilian National Team badge and official kits are available in the game. However, Brazilian National Team players that belong to a licensed club in the game will still be available as players of those respective clubs.
We are working diligently with appropriate licensing parties to have this resolved as quickly as possible, and plan to have Brazilian National Team players available in an upcoming Data Pack.

Further updates will be shared once details have been confirmed.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but appreciate your continued support for the PES series.

Hasn't Adam already said the second divisions are still there?

Part of me thinks the silence might be so that they can turn around and say "look, second divisions are still there" - to us old-school guys who actually give a shit (make no mistake, your average modern gamer only wants to play with the top-flight teams) - and we'll all fall over backwards and go "amazing, best game ever". For no actual reason.

Something smells very fishy, either way.

EDIT: Great timing that was, I see the team list has just been released...

The English and French second divisions are still there. So the excuse will be... "If you want a lower league ML, play in England or France. You can still do a lower league ML so what are you moaning about? We don't have the money to include all the second divisions. More people care about the top flight teams."

Difficult to argue with that, really. The dissenting voices will be outnumbered by the guys who are happy with all the new top-flight licenses. Even though I know how I'd feel if there was no English second division...

"If you want a lower league ML, play in England or France. You can still do a lower league ML so what are you moaning about? We don't have the money to include all the second divisions. More people care about the top flight teams."

Except they don't have to pay to have unlicensed Spanish and Italian second divisions, so they really don't have excuses.

Except they don't have to pay to have unlicensed Spanish and Italian second divisions, so they really don't have excuses.
Oh I agree. I'm just saying, that's the excuse they (and maybe the Twitter Defence Team) will come up with.

They'll say that each of those teams requires a data researcher, and that costs money (how much do those guys get paid - I think it's something like a £50 one-off fee - so this is laughable). They'll say, what would you rather have - ten new licensed top-flight divisions, or two second divisions (like having both is absolutely impossible), especially when our data tells us nobody ever uses those second division teams?

(Can you imagine their data - "Barcelona are picked 93% of the time boss, why are we bothering with entire leagues? Let's just have one fake European Super League. Nobody plays the Master League any more.")

Given all the new licenses, and given that there are two lower-leagues in there for any ML players, I just can't see enough people being annoyed for Konami to care.

I mean, for fuck's sake, heading is broken when you play on manual - and we're coming up with excuses for that... So how many people are going to say "enough is enough" about two second divisions being deleted?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom