PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

following my own recommendation... ;) i started a new SA cup last night. i choose Flamengo to be the King of Libertadores! :D
i love to play with Diego in midfield. that old guy (ok, he is only 33) is such a joy to have at the sticks! i remember him from back in the days when he was rocking Bremen with Micoud and Ailton! and he looks so freakin life like, its scary!
so i played the group stage and was in front 3:0. lost that first match 3:4 in the end though. what a bummer i said to myself but surely kept on playing. draw the second match and a 1:0 win in the third. so its all open when the return games will take place tonight! :D
the 3 matches last night where all awesome. i saved some highlights and might upload them later. no annoying stuff happend to me.

i am so happy right now when playing this game (DP3)! these updates and DP's this year really turned something decent into something good, imo! that AI variety in attacks, that slow build up i see, those unforced and forced mistakes by the AI, the keeper, that gfx at deKuip and others, that bengalos and crowd when a match starts (have you seen the new crowd animations?! LOVELY detail!!!).... it all makes me very happy!
on a side note: when i play a match, a lot of times i wish i could turn on a mic or write it down instantly for you guys to wittness... what fun i have at this moment!!! i really should consider streaming with mic again (on the other hand, my english... ^^, is it interessting for others...?, who wants to see loss after loss and real football (incl. the slow build up or play around the back stuff)...?! these days the user want action! NON stop action!
the basics of soccer, like playing a good inside foot pass of about 10 meter, or chesting a ball down or sprinting when its appropiate, is what gets me excited! :p

can't wait to get home and play some more!
a good start of the week to yall!

edit: sorry for the lenghty "butchered" comment. i sometimes get lost! :D
ps: feeeling like a 70's hippie when spreading all that love! :LMAO:

Last edited:
the basics of soccer, like playing a good inside foot pass of about 10 meter, or chesting a ball down or sprinting when its appropiate, is what gets me excited! :p
Mate, it's the same for all of us - I think we're all craving simulation. But watching videos over the last couple of days, it's clear that we just overlook how the AI ping-pongs passes and how your own players are sometimes placed in restraints to stop you winning (in ML, at least). When I play against Fulham (on Top Player or above), they play like (an in-form) Man United...

I sent a quick clip to @Emroth last night following a discussion on Twitter (I think we're both similar-minded when it comes to football games, but he's really enjoying the game and I'm not, and that's fine because I think we both understand each others' reasons) - I tried to hit a basic through-ball to my striker, who was running (and pointing to the empty space), and the pass that I hit was clearly NOT a through-ball, but direct to the player, allowing the centre-backs to narrow and close down the threat easily. When it's the other way around, the AI leaves my defence for dead, struggling to even face the right way, reacting like they're buried in mud.

But there's no point in dissecting all this stuff because no game is perfect, and if the game does enough right, it'll be a good game. (But the reason I'm replying to you here is that you suggest that people who aren't enjoying the game don't want "basics" and just want "excitement" - whereas in my experience, the exact opposite is the case, and a lot of us are annoyed that the basics are worse than ever, with so many elements, e.g. shooting, lacking any sort of variety without switching to manual, and player individuality no longer existing.)

@aussiepesfan - some great matches, especially the one against Newcastle!
Question - how do you perform 1Vs1 dribbling?? This is one area, where I need a lot of work.
Im talking about the one you did during second half Newcastle match at 2:22mins.
That looked brilliant and done with such an ease!
Was it just a left stick? R2? Right stick?
It was deadly!
Step on the ball with R2, the player will look towards goal and be ready for some moves! I do that too.
Then stand there, keep holding R2 and he moves the foot around the ball (you see that in the video you mentioned) the hit R1 and direction with LS... and off you go. You can double tap R1 to burst away from standing position further more!
When standing, you can also use the RS to do some standing skill moves and then burst away... there Is so much stuff possible!!
I guess that’s how he does it. If not, sorry for answering for you! ;)

It can be so nice if you use dash so wisely in the right moments.

edit: let me add one minor thing i do love to do when standing. the triangle pass behind the back!
same situation: you are on the outside of the pitch, next to the pen corner. standing when hitting R2 like before, keep holding R2 or move the RS to make some fake moves, then when your fullback runs behind you (overlap) you do a short pass with tringle (instead of regular X pass) and the ball will be played "behind the back" with a lovely inside foot curling move (if the player is skilled)! what a beauty just this one animation is! stunnung every time!
and above all of that, it is possible to do "fake moves" with LS too! just fiddle a little with it! plenty of stuff under the hood! :)
AND another thing: when standing still with R2, try the "roll back" or "roll sideways" move! it works wonder! stand, hold R2, move a little to left or right or back, let go of R2 and then burst away with R1 in the opposite direction.
skilled players can perform special nutmegs or "burst around"-animations that look even better then the regular way of bursting away/besides them!
@aussiepesfan , @SpoonyPizzas and other like to do it all the time! me included!
sorry for reediting my post all the time... but there is so much stuff coming to my mind...

Last edited:
Mate, it's the same for all of us - I think we're all craving simulation. But watching videos over the last couple of days, it's clear that we just overlook how the AI ping-pongs passes and how your own players are sometimes placed in restraints to stop you winning (in ML, at least). When I play against Fulham (on Top Player or above), they play like (an in-form) Man United...

I sent a quick clip to @Emroth last night following a discussion on Twitter (I think we're both similar-minded when it comes to football games, but he's really enjoying the game and I'm not, and that's fine because I think we both understand each others' reasons) - I tried to hit a basic through-ball to my striker, who was running (and pointing to the empty space), and the pass that I hit was clearly NOT a through-ball, but direct to the player, allowing the centre-backs to narrow and close down the threat easily. When it's the other way around, the AI leaves my defence for dead, struggling to even face the right way, reacting like they're buried in mud.

But there's no point in dissecting all this stuff because no game is perfect, and if the game does enough right, it'll be a good game. (But the reason I'm replying to you here is that you suggest that people who aren't enjoying the game don't want "basics" and just want "excitement" - whereas in my experience, the exact opposite is the case, and a lot of us are annoyed that the basics are worse than ever, with so many elements, e.g. shooting, lacking any sort of variety without switching to manual, and player individuality no longer existing.)
yeah, it might came across like this. my fault. and i know that a lot here want the basics to be right. all good. You know me, no harm meant!
i am having so much fun atm!
I might play a little to defensive and patient at times... maybe it’s this what I meant when I said it might be boring for others.

Last edited:
Step on the ball with R2, the player will look towards goal and be ready for some moves! I do that too.
Then stand there, keep holding R2 and he moves the foot around the ball (you see that in the video you mentioned) the hit R1 and direction with LS... and off you go. You can double tap R1 to burst away from standing position further more!
When standing, you can also use the RS to do some standing skill moves and then burst away... there Is so much stuff possible!!
I guess that’s how he does it. If not, sorry for answering for you! ;)

It can be so nice if you use dash so wisely in the right moments.

Beat me to it PRO_TOO. Yes Emroth, I used the R2 to stop and face goal. I may have had my Lstick pointed slightly back for a brief second as you see the player rolling the ball back a bit. Then the feint.. that is also using only Lstick.. you start the sequence by pressing R2... once you stop, you flick/tap the Lstick (just the movement stick) one direction, and then r1 or double r1 the other direction. Also, depending on the players abilities, not sure which one, but certain wing players can do the 'knock ball well ahead - run around the defender to regain the ball' manoeuvre. Looks awesome when you pull those off.. as the defender gets left behind.. it goes into this automatic sequence where your player runs around the helpless defender. Ill show a clip next time I do it.. rare though.

Finally, in regards to dribbling, I find doing the shoot-feint as one of the best moves to beat a defender approaching you from an angle, ie. to cut inside. I scored a brilliant goal about an hour ago, where my player payet did 2 in row to get passed 2 defenders.. which led to an easy cut back to my striker to score. Ill post it next clip.

Watched a YouTube video after the latest patch and dlc and still looks bad to me. I think I'm over some of these ugly dated animations now. They instantly turn me off the moment I see any of them.

Watched a YouTube video after the latest patch and dlc and still looks bad to me. I think I'm over some of these ugly dated animations now. They instantly turn me off the moment I see any of them.
It's impossible to categorise as just "good" or "bad", there's lots to love - and for every video that will make you go "that animation is horrible", there will be a bit of gameplay that makes you go "that's a lovely touch".

I'm fully in the corner of those guys who are loving the game after the last patch, and I get why. It's just not for me, but that's because of my personal "tolerances" (yours may be animations).

You simply HAVE to be able to tolerate the bad to be able to enjoy the good, in any football game. My personal "NOPES" in football games are AI cheats and a lack of variety, including players feeling unique, both user-controlled and AI-controlled ("the other game" has struggled with variety for years, and it's an area PES has always absolutely SMASHED it, yet now I'll buy two pacey wingers to try and give my ML team some width and they can't outrun granddads).

The people who are loving the game now are loving it for a reason - but I keep replaying this one game in my ML, as Newcastle against Fulham, where they will ping a couple of direct, perfectly straight passes from midfield to defence, then back again (ignoring every midfielder not in the centre of the pitch), then just pass direct to a winger/striker, who my defenders stand still and watch go past, then either hit a cross that my defenders just can't catch up to, or blast a goal into the top corner - and it immediately makes me switch it off.

This is on Top Player. On Professional the AI will occasionally just walk out with the ball and you feel like you're cheating - but on Top Player and above, that kind of stuff happens. We should be past all this crap by now - and you can blame ML and team spirit etc. but I buy the game to play a career mode.

If I had more time I would compile a short videos with all the animations that must be removed and replaced for 2020.
There aren't lots of them, to be honest. But enough to kill the immersion sometimes.

I keep replaying this one game in my ML, as Newcastle against Fulham, where they will ping a couple of direct, perfectly straight passes from midfield to defence, then back again (ignoring every midfielder not in the centre of the pitch), then just pass direct to a winger/striker, who my defenders stand still and watch go past, then either hit a cross that my defenders just can't catch up to, or blast a goal into the top corner - and it immediately makes me switch it off.

So playing the same match over and over makes you want to shut off the game, if only there was some possible solution to this problem :THINK:nah, can't think of anything :D

For real though, there will be some matches in ML where the AI will just win no matter what (or indeed most matches) :CRY:

But I tolerate it for that sweet bliss of a perfectly put together manual pass build up play, right into the path of Griezman who then blasts it towards the corner flag because my manual shooting is quite shit at times

It's impossible to categorise as just "good" or "bad", there's lots to love - and for every video that will make you go "that animation is horrible", there will be a bit of gameplay that makes you go "that's a lovely touch".

I'm fully in the corner of those guys who are loving the game after the last patch, and I get why. It's just not for me, but that's because of my personal "tolerances" (yours may be animations).

You simply HAVE to be able to tolerate the bad to be able to enjoy the good, in any football game. My personal "NOPES" in football games are AI cheats and a lack of variety, including players feeling unique, both user-controlled and AI-controlled ("the other game" has struggled with variety for years, and it's an area PES has always absolutely SMASHED it, yet now I'll buy two pacey wingers to try and give my ML team some width and they can't outrun granddads).

The people who are loving the game now are loving it for a reason - but I keep replaying this one game in my ML, as Newcastle against Fulham, where they will ping a couple of direct, perfectly straight passes from midfield to defence, then back again (ignoring every midfielder not in the centre of the pitch), then just pass direct to a winger/striker, who my defenders stand still and watch go past, then either hit a cross that my defenders just can't catch up to, or blast a goal into the top corner - and it immediately makes me switch it off.

This is on Top Player. On Professional the AI will occasionally just walk out with the ball and you feel like you're cheating - but on Top Player and above, that kind of stuff happens. We should be past all this crap by now - and you can blame ML and team spirit etc. but I buy the game to play a career mode.
makes me wanna start a new ML tonight and check again...! ;)
sure, right now here at my PC at work, i feel so optimistic (having that matches from last night still in my head that make me happy), that i wish i start that new ML season tonight and can upload a video for you to see its getting better! :D
man, that is wishful thinking i know! and i am a person that wants to see other happy too.... its all a little complicated! ;) but you get me, i guess!
freakin video games!!! brings us togehter, devide us by pesonal preference, and bring us back together just to start a new circle every year! :CONF::BYE: ...you have to made for this! otherwise you will loose your mind! :BOUNCE:

@Chris Davies have you tried playing that one ML example match that gets on your nerv in regular exhibition mode? is it the same or has TS in ML something to do with the game not unfolding pleasently for you?

So playing the same match over and over makes you want to shut off the game, if only there was some possible solution to this problem :THINK:nah, can't think of anything :D
:D I take your point, but my issue is more that I think to myself "if this is happening against a worse team than mine, there is no point in trying until the team gets to 80+ 'team spirit', at which point your players start to get the 'cheats' - which is just as bad - why do results have to be forced like this, not based on player attributes but based on one number between 1-99 called 'team spirit'".

@Chris Davies have you tried playing that one ML example match that gets on your nerv in regular exhibition mode? is it the same or has TS in ML something to do with the game not unfolding pleasently for you?
I must admit, I haven't - because if it does, I have nowhere to go from there (I'm only interested in PES to play the ML, just like I'm only interested in any football game to play a career mode in an AI-simulated world).

I think playing manual may well overcome a lot of this stuff - like the clip I mentioned above, where an attempt at a through-ball was blatantly hit directly to the man in order to help the AI defenders out, I'm sure manual passing would stop that happening - but I just don't want to play manual, I don't enjoy it for many reasons (but I'm glad it's there for everyone who uses it).

:D I take your point, but my issue is more that I think to myself "if this is happening against a worse team than mine, there is no point in trying until the team gets to 80+ 'team spirit', at which point your players start to get the 'cheats' - which is just as bad - why do results have to be forced like this, not based on player attributes but based on one number between 1-99 called 'team spirit'".

I must admit, I haven't - because if it does, I have nowhere to go from there (I'm only interested in PES to play the ML, just like I'm only interested in any football game to play a career mode in an AI-simulated world).

I think playing manual may well overcome a lot of this stuff - like the clip I mentioned above, where an attempt at a through-ball was blatantly hit directly to the man in order to help the AI defenders out, I'm sure manual passing would stop that happening - but I just don't want to play manual, I don't enjoy it for many reasons (but I'm glad it's there for everyone who uses it).
I second that. There should be no "requirement" for any settings or modes.
Fix should not be playing on manual, or exhibition, or different difficulty.
It should work regardless of your settings/modes.
Looks like if you're lucky enough and play on the "better" settings - you'll have fun.
Thats not how it should be, I agree.
I started manual passes and advance shooting because I wanted to be able to do things that I know I couldnt with basic settings. Im struggling, but enjoying it, coz it was my choice. I didnt switch because it "can" fix passes in tight spaces. And thats how it should be. Settings should be our decision.
The only "advice" I can give is - forget this Fulham game. Move on, bite your tongue and get TS up, where the game is starting to be fair and your players are starting to act like footballers, not headless chickens.
Again - thats NOT how it should be. ML should be enjoyable from the start.

and if there is something like "thirdting"... i do that! :D

@Chris Davies yes, forget that one match that haunts you like crazy! ;) i'll take care of that for you tonight! i'lll be back reporting....
and while i am typing this, the following song goes through my head (only replacing the word "money" with the words "i DO have Chrissie")...!!! :D
...i do it for the love!!! :BYE:

Although I will cling to manual passing like the corpse of Charlton Heston clings to his rifle, it is far from perfect. I have complained about this before, but I feel that instances where I make a perfect pass, only for the game to decide it was supposed to go to someone else, are way to frequent, happens a lot more in 19 than bit did in previous versions.

because many people can t play manual. simple as that, just make the game good on basic shooting, and simply it is not good enough, too much automated

Everything is hard before it's easy. Anybody can play manual, but I understand that many won't have time to put the work in to make it rewarding.

I forgot to mention about ML, that due to Top Player difficulty the game has an unrealistic-blatant come back logic. In every game i concede an average of 2 goals. As the season passes and i improve myself and the team , i start taking win-results, but i end up winning most teams 3-2, 4-2, resulting me being second in the League with the best Attack and the worst Defence or the second worst defence.
I saw in reddit a similar case so i am not alone. For real this come back scripted logic can be game-breaking after 1-2 seasons , cause it seams the most goal are undefendable. In a 38 games season i achieved only 2 0-0 draws and in the derby matches against Bayern and Schalke i won 4-3 and 6-4!It was a brainless goal-fest. :(
YES I thought it was going bonkers but I'm experiencing exactly the same, even on professional now. Super star is better in this regard. The cheating is just all over the place on top player. If I remember correctly pes 17 was very similar and I skipped top player completely because of it. It reduces you to a spectator and the goals are all of the pass pass pass BAM variety. I compare it to a Balloon that keeps inflating and inflating as the in-field play is still very good and then it just pops after ANOTHER cheaty goal leaving the player with a completely deflated feeling.

Although I will cling to manual passing like the corpse of Charlton Heston clings to his rifle
:LOL: :LOL:
game to decide it was supposed to go to someone else, are way to frequent, happens a lot more in 19 than bit did in previous version
Like I said in one of the previous posts. I dont know if im getting better, or did patch had few tweaks to manual passing, but I think its very good now. Even short one-two passes in tight spaces seems to work for me.
Same with manual-basic through balls.
I stopped using through balls altogether, as advanced were just crazy and basic through balls on PA0 were never going where I wanted them to go. But last few days they work really well for me.

:LOL: :LOL:

Like I said in one of the previous posts. I dont know if im getting better, or did patch had few tweaks to manual passing, but I think its very good now. Even short one-two passes in tight spaces seems to work for me.
Same with manual-basic through balls.
I stopped using through balls altogether, as advanced were just crazy and basic through balls on PA0 were never going where I wanted them to go. But last few days they work really well for me.
In the heat of the action I always forget about double tapping X for super smooth short passes!!
But this little sort of “lay-off”-pass can be a weapon when used near the pen area. As the ball moves much slower it nearly comes to a stop; so it’s perfect for smashing one low ground or top corner with an attitude!! :D

@Chris Davies yes, forget that one match that haunts you like crazy! ;) i'll take care of that for you tonight! i'lll be back reporting....
Just tried playing the game on Professional and I was 4-0 up by half time (which I didn't expect to be honest) - but here's the thing, and I encourage you to experiment with this...

On PA1 passing, when hitting through-balls on Professional, they work as you would expect them to (I scored two goals from the through-pass button doing its job). On Top Player, the through-pass button (for a large number of attempts) just hits a slow, off-target, almost direct pass to the player, so that the AI will close down his run easily.

It's beyond annoying - and isn't based on any player's attributes (my best passer and my most intelligent runner will have the same result).

But on both difficulties, Fulham will hit really strange direct passes from one midfielder to one defender, back to the original midfielder, then straight forward to either a winger (to cross) or a striker (to score) while my defence run as slow as snails.

On PA1 passing, when hitting through-balls on Professional, they work as you would expect them to (I scored two goals from the through-pass button doing its job). On Top Player, the through-pass button (for a large number of attempts) just hits a slow, off-target, almost direct pass to the player, so that the AI will close down his run easily.
I wouldnt be surprised. I remember @rockstrongo telling me before, when I was only starting PA0, that MANUAL passing is handicaped on Profesional and it works better on Top Player and higher. I can only assume that assisted passing might be the other way.
Thats why i was surprised that my manual passing was so good recently and I wondered did they do some work on it.

When I was on PA1 i skipped Top Player altogether. It was strange difficulty level with strange AI behavior. I went straight onto Superstar (first time ever) and even tho the matches were more difficult, they werent full of unrealistic AI play. Difficulty was coming from AI pressure rather than laser guided tiki-taka. They still had missplaced passes and shots.
So I personally play either Profesional with PA0 or Superstar with PA1.
But now we're back again to changing settings in order to fix the game... :LOL:

@Chris Davies I am sorry that I jump in the conversation between you and @PRO_TOO but try this combo, professional, zero game speed and full manual, 20 minutes. Actually 20 min matches made all the difference for me, I haven't seen any game where ai is patient that much that give me feeling like playing against other human. Pro difficulty will separate good from lower teams even some matches can give you headache. Don't get me wrong, you won't get real life post match stats about passing rate and shots but you will enjoy the game which I think is more important! I can'speak about taste and what someone want from a game but also every game had to settle for everyone of us so we can enjoy it. Nothing wrong if that game is Pes or Fifa :)

My question is about PES 2019:

How do i record goals from ps4 on PC and i want to edit some compilation.

I save on PS4 library and can i use some USB or ?

My question is about PES 2019:

How do i record goals from ps4 on PC and i want to edit some compilation.

I save on PS4 library and can i use some USB or ?
Yes. Use the PS4 share feature to record and save videos on your PS4. Standard is one button press of the share button, afair! Then format a usb drive to FAT32 or ExFAT on PC. Export the video files from the PS4 capture gallery to that drive you Formated and now is inside your PS4 usb slot! Transfer it all over to PC and edit with your software if choice.

I didn't mean to come across as shitting on everyone else enjoying the game, apologies. That wasn't my intention. I obviously mean for me, I'm just over seeing the game not really evolve. It always looks tuned, but not evolved. I'm over the very ugly looking, bad and dated animations really. It's an instant turn off for me now. They always remind me of the bad times of PES.

What's funny is if I go watch PES 2-6 videos I don't cringe about animations like I do now. Even though they're dated, they don't look as bad or out of place as the ones I see now. Feet not connecting properly with the ball or collision detection that don't make any sense, GKs who don't react like humans do and instead feel like they always seem to know where I'm shooting like they read my mind and too quick on their feet. I know they're not real and they're AI, but don't make it too obvious. And many more. Again, it wasn't the case on the PS2.

The PS2 had its limitations, yet we still got some amazing games trying to mimic real football even with such limitations. Now, we have the PS4 and you'd think we'd have all the greatness of the PS2 games, without the limitations they had back then, all shackles off. You'd think it's a no brainer we have classic after classic every year. But nope. And it's disappointing for me.

I respect your opinion Lami but for me this the best football videogame ever.I play ML and I haven't seen a piece of scripting yet. After 28 games my team (Leicester) sits on 6th place. I analyze every single opponent beforehand and change my tactics accordingly. I have just won 4-1 against Man U, changing from 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 just for this game, going gegenpress with individual marking and Man U were completely shut down. They ended up with 76% (!!) pass completion, 16 shots and only 4 on target, total fouls were 16(7-9) . All these at Top Player, 20min, -1 speed. Treat this game like a sim and it will play like this.

I didn't mean to come across as shitting on everyone else enjoying the game, apologies. That wasn't my intention.
Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go mate - I wasn't!

I also don't want to appear that I'm bashing the game for no reason, so I played a match and put a video together to show that I do play the game, to show that the issues I mention do exist (though people may disagree that they're issues of course) and to highlight them for discussion.

But I'm worried that it may come across as "here's me bashing the game for four minutes" - and I know that not everyone will agree with it, and that's fine, please discuss - but please know guys, it isn't my intention to appear that I'm trying to spoil anyone's party...

This is all taken from one match (hence why some examples aren't the greatest) and took three hours to edit (ShareFactory needs some serious UI improvements):

Last edited:
Will watch in a few minutes.

Had to dust of that option but...
I tried PA1 today (2 matches) to see for any difference in trough ball passing on top player and prof.! I couldn’t find it. Passes felt the same. On Top player the AI was to clinical again. Didn’t like it.
Ended the day with a manual match. Needed to come clean. ;)
Haven’t been playing assisted for so long and I know why. There is so much freedom missing, imo! Possibilities. Anyway, it was for the purpose of testing.
Saved some through passes on video.

Edit: all unnecessary apologies accepted! :D that’s what I call a discussion, ladies and gents! Keep it up! :)

Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go mate - I wasn't!

I also don't want to appear that I'm bashing the game for no reason, so I played a match and put a video together to show that I do play the game, to show that the issues I mention do exist (though people may disagree that they're issues of course) and to highlight them for discussion.

But I'm worried that it may come across as "here's me bashing the game for four minutes" - and I know that not everyone will agree with it, and that's fine, please discuss - but please know guys, it isn't my intention to appear that I'm trying to spoil anyone's party...

This is all taken from one match (hence why some examples aren't the greatest) and took three hours to edit (ShareFactory needs some serious UI improvements):

The animations. The animations... I just can't. Skaty, robotic, floaty.

This isn't PES. F it. Will go back to hiding again and leave this place to the guys enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom