PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Here comes the video.
Some gameplay vs Napoli. I held back a little to let the AI have some chances. Got ripped off in the end. ;)
Keepers were nice. You can see the AI curler in the pen box. I even liked the own goal! The AI attack’s were varied. With the last goal they fooled me completely but it fits right in. :D
I messed up recording longer periods this time. There was some more of that stuff in the 60 min before.

Enjoy.

Gotta tweet more about nerfing the direct free kicks.

I was reading posts, where people said that this patch doubled their satisfaction and joy with Pes19, and I was thinking "thats a bit of a push there..."
...but fucking hell... as surprised as I am - I have to agree!
First big patch brought this game back to "playable" level, as offline was completely broken.
But id never think, that few gentle tweaks that they did this time, will have such a huge effect! And they didnt even say officially that gameplay will have some changes!
First touch is fucking amazing now! There is so much error, randomness and physicality, that it brings this game to a whole new level. At average I have 7 fouls each team, each game (15mins) and about 4 yellows in total. Finally I can predict when AI player will have troubles with controlling the ball.
Finally I know when to stick the leg out. And it works!
Defending is rewarding and fun. I havent seen a single instance, where I couldnt get to the ball that I should've got to.
Or where AI player was magically sticking his foot in between 5 of my defenders. Havent had a single low-cross-no-hope tap in goal.
Cant see anything suspicious, nothing is abused, nothing is OP.
Played another 6 games today. I think im beginning to properly "feel" it, as results were also improved.
And one last thing, that makes me a very happy chappy - I havent played a single match post patch, where COM was getting any sort of boost by the end. Every match Im waiting for it and dreading it but its not happening! They are getting more agressive, pushing defensive line, fouling more, but there is no magic tiki-taka that I cant defend against!
Im having so much fun with this bloody game now! Fucking finally!

Agree with the sentiments here regarding the gameplay. Only thing I'm struggling with is deciding whether to play with PA0 on professional or PA1 on Top player. Going back and forth and can't seem to settle on one!

First touch is fucking amazing now! There is so much error, randomness and physicality, that it brings this game to a whole new level. At average I have 7 fouls each team, each game (15mins) and about 4 yellows in total. Finally I can predict when AI player will have troubles with controlling the ball.
Defending is rewarding and fun.

Collectively the minor tweaks have had a more than proportional effect to the enjoyment. Weird how these slight tweaks have made such a difference, but your point re the first time error has probably made the biggest difference this game. Not only does it slow the game down, and stop the ticka tacka unrealistic play by the cpu, but it also makes defending easier (and by that I mean fairer - when its a heavy touch by the cpu, its perfect time for you to stick the leg in an actually win it, and the ref wont foul you for it). The reward for picking up on a heavy touch with a quick press and dispossessing with the x feels great. The slide tackling also works a treat, and no longer does the ref seem to penalise you if you get the ball first. Definitely been reworked.

The game is great after latest patch, even manual headers are fixed at last!

The manual headers are fantastic now. The difference between the broken release date version compared to now .. wow what a difference a few months makes.

In regards to manual shooting, now all they need to fix is the R2 finesse shot, as well as make things a little more stat based when using manual shots, and obviously keep working on the variations of shots and shot errors. I have definitely seen more pot shots from the cpu ai.. some real crappy bicycle attempts which looked great, but need more pot shots from me, the player 1. When I miss, it usually just goes over the bar. there needs to be more pot shots, and the best way to do that is making the shoot button press being way more sensitive in its power, with full power resulting in a shot well over the bar.

Anyways... good times with pes2019... bring on the next DLC 4.0 and the hidden patch work!!!

I was reading posts, where people said that this patch doubled their satisfaction and joy with Pes19, and I was thinking "thats a bit of a push there..."
...but fucking hell... as surprised as I am - I have to agree!
First big patch brought this game back to "playable" level, as offline was completely broken.
But id never think, that few gentle tweaks that they did this time, will have such a huge effect! And they didnt even say officially that gameplay will have some changes!
Defending is rewarding and fun. I havent seen a single instance, where I couldnt get to the ball that I should've got to.
Or where AI player was magically sticking his foot in between 5 of my defenders. Havent had a single low-cross-no-hope tap in goal.
Cant see anything suspicious, nothing is abused, nothing is OP.
Played another 6 games today. I think im beginning to properly "feel" it, as results were also improved.
And one last thing, that makes me a very happy chappy - I havent played a single match post patch, where COM was getting any sort of boost by the end. Every match Im waiting for it and dreading it but its not happening! They are getting more agressive, pushing defensive line, fouling more, but there is no magic tiki-taka that I cant defend against!
Im having so much fun with this bloody game now! Fucking finally!
I'm happy for you mate, honestly. But I must be playing something different then or it's not clicking for me. If anything I have seen utterly disgusting, rampant cheating for the last 20 games or so and it's only gotten worse. Talking about ML of course. All the old cpu cheating tricks are back in making the game nigh on unplayable for me. It was fine before. Weird how this always differs so much from person to person with pes.

I'm happy for you mate, honestly. But I must be playing something different then or it's not clicking for me. If anything I have seen utterly disgusting, rampant cheating for the last 20 games or so and it's only gotten worse. Talking about ML of course. All the old cpu cheating tricks are back in making the game nigh on unplayable for me. It was fine before. Weird how this always differs so much from person to person with pes.

Im not playing ML, but only exhibition 20min games on superstar and/or legend (when I feel like an ass slappin) on full manual pass n shoot. So ML may be a different experience as there are other factors involved. As im loving the game so much right now, I may finally start a League or Cup. ML is to finicky for my liking.. not into the management/transfer side of things. But im hoping for most of the fans that ML is worked on for next years version. The base is great at the moment, so no they need to fix some of the other stuff... presentation etc included... and how awesome would it be to actually chose the camera angles for replays.. damn they suck at the moment. The end of game highlights look epic, but if only you could manage these camera angles better.

Has anyone noticed that on the tips of the game that show as the match is loading for the shooting tips it lists

BASIC
ADVANCED
SEMI ASSIST

no mention of manual. Wonder if they have called it that to please the manual crowd then forgot when writing the tips :/

Im not playing ML, but only exhibition 20min games on superstar and/or legend (when I feel like an ass slappin) on full manual pass n shoot. So ML may be a different experience as there are other factors involved. As im loving the game so much right now, I may finally start a League or Cup. ML is to finicky for my liking.. not into the management/transfer side of things. But im hoping for most of the fans that ML is worked on for next years version. The base is great at the moment, so no they need to fix some of the other stuff... presentation etc included... and how awesome would it be to actually chose the camera angles for replays.. damn they suck at the moment. The end of game highlights look epic, but if only you could manage these camera angles better.
As we are „setup-brothers“ ;) : I recommend to you a South American cup! Lovely atmosphere and some awesome players await. At least to me, who is more into European fottball.

Last edited:
Im not playing ML, but only exhibition 20min games on superstar and/or legend (when I feel like an ass slappin) on full manual pass n shoot. So ML may be a different experience as there are other factors involved
I am playing ML, tho. Everything I said was about my ML season. Thats why Im so surprised not noticing any script/boost/cheating, whatever we call it. My Team Spirit is up at this stage (around 80) so maybe there is some factor involved there, but after patch every single game was a pure joy for me. Even first 7 that I lost.
@aussiepesfan - you are playing on superstar/legend, Im on professional, so it has nothing to do with difficulty level.
But Im also on manual, so manual can have some effect to it when we add increased first time touch error to the mix.

Ps. Look at that beauty..

Last edited:
Noticed in ML the the option to buy a player by release clause is removed.Now in the buy page if the cost slider you input matches the release clause it just goes to 100% success rate.
It is a UI change , as it used to be below “loan for 6 months “ option.

Played the game for a couple of hours last night, and... I really don't get this sudden hype.

Playing in the ML (I don't see the point in doing anything else offline vs the AI), playing as Newcastle against Fulham for example, the passes are all perfect driven first-time passes. The crosses will meet players who run through my slow defence with ease (a defence which isn't that slow), whereas every cross of mine is defended perfectly.

The players I've just spent the club's transfer budget on (fast wingers) can't outpace any slower players. Every player of mine and the AI's is a clone of each other. Shots are all blasters. If anything, the one thing I saw repeatedly was less fouls!

That said, I'm glad everyone is enjoying it - but it's the same game that it was last week, in my personal experience (and that's all it is, my experience).

In my ML last night villa against Birmingham I got 5 fouls in first half and 9 overall. This morning against Milan I got 6 fouls in one match including a penalty by the keeper. Other than needing more penalties. Fouls are fine.

My first impressions after this patch, Superstar, manual Shots.

AI is better but I still see undefensible flank attacks by the AI. You stand in front of the winger but he still manage to cross the ball and sometimes the ball passes through your players leg or in front of him but it seems that he dont see the ball passing right in front his eyes.

Goal scoring feeling ruined imho.

Now shooting is one dimensional and inconscistent. Sometimes you have good balance and space and the shot comes out a floater for no reason. This or a cannol ball without any curve. Cant bend around the goalkeeper without having to use R2 modifier, just using the ball and the body position. Shots are not contextual anymore.

Goalkeeping again is spiderman. He saves everything with unnatural reflexes. Sometimes in real life, on a close range shot, goalkeeper reaction must be the same as on a penalty kick or else nobody would score from a penalty.

Dont scored a single long ranger till now.

How is anybody managing this game fully manual on Superstar, I am getting royally doinked in the dark place most of the time on Top player, the AC Milan owner hates me and threatens to fire me all the time, I even have every other superstar out there because they are always happy to join on loan for some reason, even Ronaldo who is somehow complete shit now and way worse than Gylfi Sigurðsson at taking free kicks, I lost my first match in the Europa League knockout and if I can't manage to beat the next one and advance, it will be time to start over, probably on Professional.

Last edited:
Playing on manual is not an option for me above professional. PA1 assists players to run toeards the ball, and that works on defence as well. As soon as I go from PA0 to PA1, I defend much better, because my players actually react to the ball. Same goes while atacking. I hate when I pass a good ball and my player simply doesn´t react, and the ball goes wright through him to the oponent. Still playable on Pro, but on Superstar I have ti use PA1 and tbh, it´s a very balaned game now after these patches.

Played the game for a couple of hours last night, and... I really don't get this sudden hype.

Playing in the ML (I don't see the point in doing anything else offline vs the AI), playing as Newcastle against Fulham for example, the passes are all perfect driven first-time passes. The crosses will meet players who run through my slow defence with ease (a defence which isn't that slow), whereas every cross of mine is defended perfectly.

The players I've just spent the club's transfer budget on (fast wingers) can't outpace any slower players. Every player of mine and the AI's is a clone of each other. Shots are all blasters. If anything, the one thing I saw repeatedly was less fouls!

That said, I'm glad everyone is enjoying it - but it's the same game that it was last week, in my personal experience (and that's all it is, my experience).
What difficulty level? I think higher levels almost completely override player stats and you will never manage to outpace a defender even if your attacker is faster.
Things are:you settle for a difficulty level like Professional where stats are somehow still important (but i find it to be too easy) or don't play the game at all.

How is anybody managing this game fully manual on Superstar, I am getting royally doinked in the dark place most of the time on Top player,
:LOL:
I was thinking the same. But at least I have an excuse as I switched to PA0 in Pes19 for the first time.
Speaking of manual passing. Either im getting decent, or manual passing was also tweaked a bit, coz the ball goes where I want it to go. And if I have missplaced pass, I know my aim was of. Even basic manual through balls seems to work for me.

Last edited:
Online is great too. Since the patch the best football game on the market as well.

Without a doubt. Manual Online Divisions are fantastic tbh. And now I don't give a damn anymore and use Advanced shooting regardless if any Fuma- talibans send me messages since r2 shooting still is a broken thing.

I also didn't get the sudden hype
the biggest hype was DLC2.0 where they corrected the ai attack mindset when 1on1 and keeper finally come out from goal line and thats all
unless they could make ai dribble and stats have real difference
there are no things that should be hyped, there are only some small adjustments

I also didn't get the sudden hype
the biggest hype was DLC2.0 where they corrected the ai attack mindset when 1on1 and keeper finally come out from goal line and thats all
unless they could make ai dribble and stats have real difference
there are no things that should be hyped, there are only some small adjustments
I dont get this whole "hype" thing.
At this point there is no hype. Hype was before the release. They never said that there will be any gameplay changes so I dont understand how this "hype" was supposed to develop.
Now there is only a joy from playing or lack of it, depending on the person.
At some point I gave up and stopped playing football games altogether and moved to RdR2. New patch came out for both so I tried both football games again.
Played one game of Pes, it was fun. Played another, then another, then another.
That was Thursday and I was planning to resume RdR2 chapter 3 on Friday. Its Sunday and Pes disc is still in and after about 15 games Im stating all the differences that I've noticed.
Thats not a hype. Thats people enjoying a game. And if people are enjoying the game (same people who were complaining before), it means that Konami did something right with last patch.

I really think it could be funny to investigate people’s minds in here.

Opinions are different, and that is how it should be, but really... I am really surprised how people suddenly out of nowhere from this patch are feeling a different game.

I agree after the last patch (not the newest one) it was playing better. Not a lot - but there were some problems that were removed.

Overall though... The game is just boring if you ask me. Not a lot of difference between players and a way to simple setup in my opinion.

Everything is based on normal settings and in Master League. And I don't give much about ''PLAY LEAGUE MODE - OH EXHIBITION IS INCREDIBLE''. For me, No Master League = No game.

I can't accept or give credit to a game that’s good only in two ''modes''.

At the end of the day, this year is again a bad football year. The single-player mode is nonexistent in both titles in terms of longevity. It can be an online title, but I a realizing that it will be a plug-and-play experience for me. It’s sad... But I can see that that type of football gaming is on the end. I am finding my offline/single player experience in games as RDR2 or maybe in Football Manager. It’s not in PES and FIFA anymore.

I love this forum, but the other day I just realized that the closest I have been to a really, really, really good experience with these titles, has been the first month with FIFA this year and sometimes a little with friends. The rest of the time these titles are bringing so much frustration. So many considerations... In particular in forums like these where we all are hoping and in few moments are ‘’feeling’’ the game. For me personally, it’s obvious that sometimes the game is bringing back a feeling that just are from the past when I was younger. In small moments the new PES can that. But it is only in small situations.

Sorry for this brutally honest and negative view on things.

I really think it could be funny to investigate people’s minds in here.

Opinions are different, and that is how it should be, but really... I am really surprised how people suddenly out of nowhere from this patch are feeling a different game.

I agree after the last patch (not the newest one) it was playing better. Not a lot - but there were some problems that were removed.

Overall though... The game is just boring if you ask me. Not a lot of difference between players and a way to simple setup in my opinion.

Everything is based on normal settings and in Master League. And I don't give much about ''PLAY LEAGUE MODE - OH EXHIBITION IS INCREDIBLE''. For me, No Master League = No game.

I can't accept or give credit to a game that’s good only in two ''modes''.

At the end of the day, this year is again a bad football year. The single-player mode is nonexistent in both titles in terms of longevity. It can be an online title, but I a realizing that it will be a plug-and-play experience for me. It’s sad... But I can see that that type of football gaming is on the end. I am finding my offline/single player experience in games as RDR2 or maybe in Football Manager. It’s not in PES and FIFA anymore.

I love this forum, but the other day I just realized that the closest I have been to a really, really, really good experience with these titles, has been the first month with FIFA this year and sometimes a little with friends. The rest of the time these titles are bringing so much frustration. So many considerations... In particular in forums like these where we all are hoping and in few moments are ‘’feeling’’ the game. For me personally, it’s obvious that sometimes the game is bringing back a feeling that just are from the past when I was younger. In small moments the new PES can that. But it is only in small situations.

Sorry for this brutally honest and negative view on things.
Just to clarify - my personal "joy" from playing Pes19 is purely on the pitch.
Outside the pitch is shambles and a joke to have a game like this in 2018.
Im using Master League purely to have some structure, player development/aging and transfers. Thats all.
I made my peace with the fact that there is nothing going for Pes outside of the pitch.
And from day one I was saying, that its a great game (on the pitch) when you have the ball. AI was broken and needed a lot of work.
Also, after big patch I was saying that Pes (on the pitch) now just needs few minor tweaks to have great gameplay.
Big portion of those minor adjustments came with last patch and now (on the pitch) its a very solid game.
So its not out of nowhere.
Yes, there should be more dribblibg from AI and more low shots, but apart of that Im finding current gameplay very, very good.
Im hoping that remaining patches will help to reach full potential (on the pitch).
Once this happens - i will happily keep Pes19 and play it until proper changes come to single player modes.
There will be no point getting Pes20 just for the sake of squad updates (or even D2's introduced again).
Besides - On the pitch there will be same story with Pes20 - it will take them up till Xmas to get it right. So why bother?

Scripted repetitive AI (despite Incas' magnificent work) and No penalties,Injuries,Fouls and fatigue in ML makes the game a failure offline IMHO.

Goalies are still stuck to their lines, The defenders retreat into the six yard box and individuality is non-existent.

That overhead goal is so tedious and repetitive and makes the game look very silly, Add to that the limited replay cam and the broken ML transfers (still not properly fixed) and you have your answer to all the claims by Konami and it's PR circus.

Respect to the community though they've done a great great job this year, Too bad Konami has sold them out and tried to stifle their work.

Roll on next year with it's hype :D

Back
Top Bottom