PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@Chris Davies i know it wasnt supposed to be funny video, but i was pissing myself laughing. The sad face at the end was deadly. :LOL:
There are few points that id like to make there. Pes always seemed simple enough (comparing to FIFA, that has 3 or 4 types of different passing for example)
But devil is in details, especially these new versions.

Like lets take left stick dribbling just to illustrate what I mean. Im still miles of from being good at it. Im used to old ways and I panic when the defender is coming at me. Your power input into the left stick determines the power of a feint. So tiny little push will make player just slightly move his body. Thats something i cant get my head around and still trying to learn it, as Im used to old Pes games, where I was hanging of the controller.

Now back to your video.

Player runs are crap. I think we can all agree on that. Players are stopping for no reason mid run and whats even more frustrating - often they dont even start runs by themselves.
The best way to trigger those muppets, especially around penalty area, is to press R2 straight after pass which will make the guy who passed to run at the goal.
I only started to use it recently and still trying to learn it, or should I say - remember to press it after the pass.

As for slow wingers - i always double tap sprint button to gain any sort of advantage. If you dont, they have the ball to close to their feet and dont use their full speed.

And as for defence positioning - Im always using Super Cancel when I see my players loosing their mind inside the box. I got to the point that Im using Super Cancel for every cross, high or low, just in case. That will cancel whatever Shaman Dance they were performing and I can place them in front of attacker to intercept the ball. It takes a while to get your head around but once it clicks, it will give you full control over the defender and get rid of those silly behaviours.
When the ball is on the wing and Im not sure if ill be able to block it or take it back, I usually switch to defender in the box and start positioning him before they even cross it, while applying secondary pressure on the winger with square.

Thats all the tips I can think of, but I understand that basic, core gameplay is not great. Question is - do you want, or/and have patience to go deeper into the controls, or is it just too annoying to bother.

Last edited:
Regarding the animations Lami, not saying they are perfect, but the shared clips posted on youtube etc make things look way worse than they really are. On the ps4, when im actually playing or watching someone play, they look very smooth, and that skatyness isn't really there. They can definitely improve, but they have come a long way since pes15, 16 and 17, which really got to me. Stopped playing it as a result, and went back to pes6 on pc.
Im loving the animations and smoothness of movement transitions in pes19. I still think full on sprinting needs some work, as it still doesn't look like high speed running.

Anyways, here is the clip I wanted to post of that fake-shot working a treat (20min game, full manual, superstar), go to 55sec mark to see the entire sequence..

What a game I had last night (20mins, full manual, superstar), highlights including:
1. splendid use of the 'Triangle button' with Schmeichel,
2. me being as direct as fk with my attack lol, and making many mistakes at the back... but most importantly,
3. … a "Near Post Header" or NPH!! that causes delirium around the sofa..

ooops.. the delirium causes to me to accidently stop recording....

Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go mate - I wasn't!

I also don't want to appear that I'm bashing the game for no reason, so I played a match and put a video together to show that I do play the game, to show that the issues I mention do exist (though people may disagree that they're issues of course) and to highlight them for discussion.

But I'm worried that it may come across as "here's me bashing the game for four minutes" - and I know that not everyone will agree with it, and that's fine, please discuss - but please know guys, it isn't my intention to appear that I'm trying to spoil anyone's party...

This is all taken from one match (hence why some examples aren't the greatest) and took three hours to edit (ShareFactory needs some serious UI improvements):

Nicely done video!:APPLAUD:

This is the unfortunate state of PES.:(
Most of the issues you've pointed out are in PES from years ago, and they still haven't fixed them.:MAD:

Yeah, I agree, most of these issues have applied to PES pretty much since the beginning, certainly not new problems introduced in PES19. I still have a recording of a moment from PES18 where there was a scramble in the cpu box and the ball ended up being deflected past everyone and was heading straight into what was now an open goal. Then it magically hit an invisible wall and stopped dead. I recall a video for a very similar situation being posted on YouTube for PES6....yes, the glorious PES6.

That said, I still get a lot of enjoyment from PES18 - this is the first year that I've stuck with an older version of the game. I'm still hoping one of any remaining patches to come for PES19 fix the AI to the point where it's better than 18.

What a game I had last night (20mins, full manual, superstar), highlights including:
1. splendid use of the 'Triangle button' with Schmeichel,
2. me being as direct as fk with my attack lol, and making many mistakes at the back... but most importantly,
3. … a "Near Post Header" or NPH!! that causes delirium around the sofa..

ooops.. the delirium causes to me to accidently stop recording....[/QUgreat
great game mate :) try to zoom out camera and a little more higher so you can actually enjoy it more what is happening on the pitch and not see the radar all the time. dynamic cam can also be a good choice if you want more movement and better angle :)

The animations. The animations... I just can't. Skaty, robotic, floaty.

This isn't PES. F it. Will go back to hiding again and leave this place to the guys enjoying it.

Not saying that Pes shouldn't have better animations, but when the other football games have such twitchy animations with players moving and running like they are some nervous robots i can't blame Konami, those are the best animations in a football game in 2018.

I remember there was a time when Fifa animations were so much better than Pes until Pes 2013, now it's not the case anymore. Animations are the least of the game's problems too in my opinion.

AI is so monodimensional and underdeveloped that it reflects both on our CPU players AI, with defenders not behaving like they should letting attackers free space to strike as shown in that video by @Chris Davies and it also reflects on opposing CPU AI, so that they can score only when they follow the usual script that leads to unrealistically quick goals.

That is a HUGE sign that offline gameplay has been neglected one year more, it's only governed by cheats and scripts and it's becoming more and more frustrating to play against CPU.

great game mate :) try to zoom out camera and a little more higher so you can actually enjoy it more what is happening on the pitch and not see the radar all the time. dynamic cam can also be a good choice if you want more movement and better angle :)
yeah, what are your exact cam settings @aussiepesfan ? you are on PC using a mod for that or regular ingame cam settings?
maybe you could disable the gauge bar above players (you need that info)?! to me it looks ugly/distracting. and when i want to know if my player is tired, i have a quick look at the bottom plate (but you disabled those). i like the screen to be clean, i dont mind the bottom as i use the radar anyway (so plates next to it isnt bothering me).
nice gameplay in that video!! respect!

Last edited:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Lite, free to play version, releases on December 13th
Konami has announced that Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Lite will release on December 13th. According to the company, PES 2019 LITE offers unrestricted access to myClub mode, featuring a huge selection of current players, as well as world renowned legends like Beckham and Maradona.

Players will also be able to get your hands on all new Featured Players, whose abilities are influenced by their performance in the previous weekend’s fixtures. Furthermore, this year’s LITE edition will also include EDIT mode, meaning that players will be able to customize teams, players, stadiums and strips to add their own unique flavour to the world of football.

Now as Konami noted, Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Lite will feature in-game purchases so we don’t know whether this is a “free to play” or “pay to win” game.

In order to celebrate this announcement, the company has also released a new trailer dedicated to the Lite version of PES2019 that you can find below!
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pro-...ee-to-play-version-releases-on-december-13th/

..the lighting at Estadio Monumental during 'daytime, cloudy with rain' is just amazing. Plus the ball physics and player response during these cloudy with rain matches really adds some heaviness to everything. Love it. Recorded 2 halves again, and looking back, looks really nice. You'll get frustrated watching some of my mistakes I know.. so many half chances, particularly on counter.. n I just fk the last pass up.. that's manual for you.. haven't quite perfected it. But my defence is improving :)

1st half (probably best half of footy ive played in a long time, in terms of having everything, despite the lack of goals):
2nd half (Not as good as the first half.. so many frustrating errors from me.. sorry bout that. In regards to the last shot I had on goal.. weird how I just got through on goal with no desperation from cpu ai… the Jimi Bug from pes2016..needs fixing.. and jeez.. that shot :( what a waste..anyways
:

The animations. The animations... I just can't. Skaty, robotic, floaty.

This isn't PES. F it. Will go back to hiding again and leave this place to the guys enjoying it.
There's the odd bit of inspiration in there but in general they're poor for a game produced in 2018. Very off-putting.

yeah, what are your exact cam settings @aussiepesfan ? you are on PC using a mod for that or regular ingame cam settings?
maybe you could disable the gauge bar above players (you need that info)?! to me it looks ugly/distracting. and when i want to know if my player is tired, i have a quick look at the bottom plate (but you disabled those). i like the screen to be clean, i dont mind the bottom as i use the radar anyway (so plates next to it isnt bothering me).
nice gameplay in that video!! respect!

My camera angle is 6,7,10. Ive always liked detail, hence the zoom, but also always been a fan of a higher view (for some reason always liked isometric games). The angle is at 10, a preference of mine since it suits full manual shooting better.. easier to aim as there is a great angle between the left and right side of the goal. I think this camera preference also kinda resembles how pes looked during the ps2 days.. bit more zoomed in (mind you 4:3 made it seem even more zoomed/crammed).

Yeah I could get rid of the gauge, but only got it there as I don't like the nameplate/stamina at the bottom of the screen. Ill give it a go without to see.

Im actually on ps4, recording with video share or whatever its called, and that's why the recording is only at 720p and at a low fps. Why Ps4, when I have a great gaming laptop and pes2019 on that via steam?? Played both.. and I just like the ps4 version better.. feels more responsive and weighty. Not sure how to explain it. Although Konami have said both versions are the same, I still think the game was made optimally for the ps4.. even though the highlights are only 30fps compared to the pc's 60fps. Gameplay is 60 on both. so that's all that matters to me.
But... I will give the PC version a go in a few days (haven't touched that version for about 3 months) due to the fact that my favourite ball has finally been made by Hawke.. ie. the telstar. Only found out the other day. Only heard about this awesome news today while peaking through the edit forums. Now I have to acquaint myself with the ball slider, as apparently that's the only way to also include the red version of the telstar (the mechta I think its called), which is also a must have. Ill be interested to see how the pc version feels after so long away from it.

My camera angle is 6,7,10. Ive always liked detail, hence the zoom, but also always been a fan of a higher view (for some reason always liked isometric games). The angle is at 10, a preference of mine since it suits full manual shooting better.. easier to aim as there is a great angle between the left and right side of the goal. I think this camera preference also kinda resembles how pes looked during the ps2 days.. bit more zoomed in (mind you 4:3 made it seem even more zoomed/crammed).

Yeah I could get rid of the gauge, but only got it there as I don't like the nameplate/stamina at the bottom of the screen. Ill give it a go without to see.

Im actually on ps4, recording with video share or whatever its called, and that's why the recording is only at 720p and at a low fps. Why Ps4, when I have a great gaming laptop and pes2019 on that via steam?? Played both.. and I just like the ps4 version better.. feels more responsive and weighty. Not sure how to explain it. Although Konami have said both versions are the same, I still think the game was made optimally for the ps4.. even though the highlights are only 30fps compared to the pc's 60fps. Gameplay is 60 on both. so that's all that matters to me.
But... I will give the PC version a go in a few days (haven't touched that version for about 3 months) due to the fact that my favourite ball has finally been made by Hawke.. ie. the telstar. Only found out the other day. Only heard about this awesome news today while peaking through the edit forums. Now I have to acquaint myself with the ball slider, as apparently that's the only way to also include the red version of the telstar (the mechta I think its called), which is also a must have. Ill be interested to see how the pc version feels after so long away from it.
thx for the insights! i'll give these settings a go tonight!
thing is: i always had a problem when playing with so much angle. it made my head go crazy kinda like... i dont know! it was harder for me somehow! i agree, it looks much more the real thing with angle. the dynamic wide i use most of the time gives me the best overview to date. the blimp one is sacrificing to much detail, imo! wish i could go dynamic wide (a tad or 2 closer zommed in) and then add some angle! I WISH!!! :PRAY:
i really dont know why it cant be enabled when using dyn. wide! i bet even konami has no clou! ;)

I also don't want to appear that I'm bashing the game for no reason, so I played a match and put a video together to show that I do play the game, to show that the issues I mention do exist (though people may disagree that they're issues of course) and to highlight them for discussion.

But I'm worried that it may come across as "here's me bashing the game for four minutes" - and I know that not everyone will agree with it, and that's fine, please discuss - but please know guys, it isn't my intention to appear that I'm trying to spoil anyone's party...

This is all taken from one match (hence why some examples aren't the greatest) and took three hours to edit (ShareFactory needs some serious UI improvements):

I've shared to official pes and adam your vid to thank the 3 hours effort :D. Anyway...
1st problem --> do they do that for 90 mins non stop, the match just started for 5 mins. are other team/matches like that ?

I didn't mean to come across as shitting on everyone else enjoying the game, apologies. That wasn't my intention. I obviously mean for me, I'm just over seeing the game not really evolve. It always looks tuned, but not evolved. I'm over the very ugly looking, bad and dated animations really. It's an instant turn off for me now. They always remind me of the bad times of PES.

What's funny is if I go watch PES 2-6 videos I don't cringe about animations like I do now. Even though they're dated, they don't look as bad or out of place as the ones I see now. Feet not connecting properly with the ball or collision detection that don't make any sense, GKs who don't react like humans do and instead feel like they always seem to know where I'm shooting like they read my mind and too quick on their feet. I know they're not real and they're AI, but don't make it too obvious. And many more. Again, it wasn't the case on the PS2.

The PS2 had its limitations, yet we still got some amazing games trying to mimic real football even with such limitations. Now, we have the PS4 and you'd think we'd have all the greatness of the PS2 games, without the limitations they had back then, all shackles off. You'd think it's a no brainer we have classic after classic every year. But nope. And it's disappointing for me.
agree on everything said

point 1: guess its down to TP. i dont have that on Professional. but yeah, its not right when triggered by diff. level!
point 2: player stoping for no reason!? he is watching the offside and stops before he IS offside, imo!
point 3: yeah, looks off when a professional player does it. happens but not so much.
point 4: ping pong and there is nothing you can do? i know that scene from the AI all so well! seen this simple 1-2 by the AI a lot! but you can prevent it! why didnt you switch to the CB!? instead you choose the RB and then DMF... running behind them is not gonna do it. you gotta be prepared and wait for that running striker with your CB more close to the pen box! hold R2, shuffle sideways and back and he will be your prey!! :) and if you do so, they might change the attack pattern and move it back to the middle! force the AI to play different! like in real life! in the end, you choose a CB to cover than man inside the 5 yards box! see, there you do it, looking forward to where the pass is coming to... use this for the situation before! one a side note: you are sprinting with that guy in the 5 yard box and he moves way to fast not able to cover that oppenent tightly. let go of sprint and mark closer is my advice! but this is just a minor thing i noticed! ;)
point 5: yeah, looks silly. like a collision partly happening. takes the man inside the pen area out of control! should be better. maybe players doing more little steps instead of moving so much is a solution (by the CPU, not by the player).
point 6: :D manual off the ball controll lets you only walk with RS because sprint button is still assigned to the the LS (the main player you are controlling!!). if you want them to RUN you have to go auto not manual, afair!
point 7: dont know why he isnt getting a leg out or something, if you pressed X! but again, no walking, you are to fast, no R2 shuffle, no defensive posture, imo!
point 8: not using double tap of R1 (aka long dash) is holding you player back speed wise! unleash his full sprint potential by using all controll methods! ;) but ok, foot planting was always a problem.
point 9: what did you expec!? you dont pressure the passer (manual by yourself, single team mate press or multiple team mates press!), so there is a hell lot of room and time to play a perfect high cross. i'd pressure the passer by a single guy, while switching to CB (the one you did switch at the end though, but it was to late and he is doing a breakdanke move :) ) and cover the potential receiver!
second scene: you even move a defender away from the action! but it doesnt matter here so much. but you always tend to run behind them... always following! why not switch with RS to the guy in the box?!
point 10/third scene: you recovered to ball just to rush it away again. i do that too! :D but then, again, you player switching is off! you run behind them, following them, AGAIN! choose the CB and track back "awaiting" the uncoming striker (R2 shuffle anyone!?)!!
how lovely Mitroviciiii faked your keeper! did you rush him out with triangle!?
point 11: i give you that! blatant! looks off!
Did you play TP PA1?!
A lot of stuff can be prevented when using the own player and team mate or team pressure to defend. One thing alone is not gonna work good.
It’s like in real life. The whole team must defend! I am not seeing this here. It’s not easy as you can destroy the lines and formations, but it is all there. And used wisely it’s very good! Not perfect but good.
I don’t want to come across as a “know it all” but this is how it looks to me.

man, in the end i answered everything... the post got a little long! sorry.
just my view at the video. i can be wrong so lets discuss! :D

Last edited:
Thai league not playable in league mode still so probably it was not an accident.

Konami doesn´t know nothing about structure leagues. I give them a big 0!
Having Double teams in AFC Champions League, konami instead removing to make it more real, it continues to add it like nothing happens, they know double teams are not "B" teams at all. Let's play with Guangzhou Evergrande and then appears the in CUP as double team in. Great job konami. :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
This game is not perfect! No PES release seemed perfect to me. I enjoyed one release more than the other.
PES 2019 is nowhere a perfect game, but one that I can enjoy a lot, which I really do at the moment.

But to enjoy it, I need my personal settings.
I couldn´t enjoy it, if I wasn´t playing anything else than top player or superstar.
I couldn´t enjoy it, if I was playing with passing assistance.
I couldn´t enjoy it, if I was using basic shooting.
I couldn´t enjoy it, with a match time anything under 15 minutes.
I couldn´t enjoy it on a faster game speed.

The list goes on...

I´m not saying that with specific individual settings you´ll get a whole lot of a different game, but they change a few things that take effect on gameplay and immersion, imho.
At the current state, I´m fine with this game. Matches are unpredictable, doesn´t feel dull to me, never had the feeling scoring the same goal over and over again and AI attacks are nice either.

This is on 20 mins, professional, full manual, -1 speed.
I can´t enjoy it on different settings than these, but I agree that it should be great with any setting, at least most of them.

About stats and player individuality...
Yeah, they could be implemented better. Stats that I realize, are speed, explosive power, kicking power, weak/strong foot, stamina and additional stats that I check out when signing a player depending on his position: header maybe, finishing, defensive abilites etc.

Tbh, I don´t care about passing stats. We often had the discussion that manual passing overrides passing stats.
I don´t know if that´s the case but I never signed a player because of his passing stats. When I perform a misplaced pass, I always blame myself for not aiming properly.
Maybe passes with players that have better passing stats, manual passes are better to aim...I don´t know.
Someone on another forum said that it´s probably the same with the circle in the penalty mode. A better penalty striker has a smaller aiming circle than a weaker one with a bigger circle.
I don´t know if this is the case with passing. Would be nice!

Just wanna say that stats/individuality is not perfect. But I never had the feeling that it´s totally off. I never felt like "Nah, this doesn´t feel like Lukaku...that one doesn´t feel like Lennon......this one doesn´t feel like Kroos...and so on".
When I take a shot which goes too weak, I pause and check the player´s stat and see that the shot was pulled off with his weaker foot and vice versa. So shooting stats, speed stats, stamina (at least the power bar) feel okay to me.
I never had the case that someone with a weak kicking power pulled off a rocket shot and I really keep checking that once in a while.

At the moment, ML is great fun to me. Annoying things (which I can overlook though) at the moment are:
- players stand in each others way too often
- AI runs against my player from behind but gets the fould called
- penalties are a rarity

Hey @PRO_TOO, fair play to you for replying to all of that! I largely put the video together just to say "hey, this is why I don't like the game" - it's not meant to be a "moan" and it's not meant to be an exhaustive list, and some of the examples aren't the best, but my main hope is that it demonstrates the reasons why some of us don't like it are real (because I hate that a lot of us are considered moaners/whingers who, for some reason, just enjoy hating stuff).

With that in mind, I would say to your points:

point 2: player stoping for no reason!? he is watching the offside and stops before he IS offside, imo!
I meant to annotate that bit further in the video, but forgot... Yes, he's obviously going to be offside - but when in real life have you ever seen a player come to a complete stop like that (meaning that when the pass is played, he has zero momentum)? You would blend your run, you would move diagonally - you wouldn't just stop dead because (in a game where it's impossible to beat someone for pace a lot of the time) you're just letting the defenders get a head-start.

point 4: ping pong and there is nothing you can do? i know that scene from the AI all so well! seen this simple 1-2 by the AI a lot! but you can prevent it! why didnt you switch to the CB!? instead you choose the RB and then DMF...
Not on purpose, that's the AI switching - yes, I could get around it using manual switching, but also, this tactic from the AI is just 100% accurate (with every player, with every team) and happens game in, game out. It's still not right...

point 6: :D manual off the ball controll lets you only walk with RS because sprint button is still assigned to the the LS (the main player you are controlling!!).
I use auto off-the-ball controls all the time and I don't think you're getting my point with this one, let me explain (this is one of the things I hate most in modern PES)!

When a player has stamina above 20% and you use auto off-the-ball controls (i.e. you tell the player to make a forward run), he will run forwards and give you an option. When his stamina is less than 20% - and here's the thing, if you have "normal" on-the-ball control of the player, he can run just as fast, this only happens if you use auto off-the-ball controls - he will just walk, and you have to watch him walk, like a zombie.

So if you're not absolutely, 100% aware of every individual player's stamina (which you can't even see when they're not on-the-ball), and you ask one of them to make an auto off-the-ball run when they're on less than 20% stamina, you have just totally destroyed your opportunity to get forward, because they will start walking, even if they were running before.

It is absolutely stupid.

point 8: not using double tap of R1 (aka long dash) is holding you player back speed wise! unleash his full sprint potential by using all controll methods! ;) but ok, foot planting was always a problem.
I take your point, but I had an advantage over the player (in terms of when the through-ball is played) that disappeared within seconds, meaning that a defender who is supposed to be at least 20% slower, wasn't at all slower - and in slowing it down, I'm highlighting exactly why that is (who's to say that, if I'd used the knock-ahead, it would have been any different?).

A lot of this stuff, as you say in most of your points, can be countered in this way or that. But the point is, if I was countering great play that was realistic to expect (and pulled off with some error, rather than always being first-time and perfect), it'd feel great. But as it is, I know that I'm countering cheats (and that when I do, it may still not be enough to stop a goal, or that the next cheat is just seconds away) - I'm spending the whole game "firefighting" these cheats.

At best, you can say I'm countering a team playing far beyond their ability in reality (and it's consistent, i.e. yes, Fulham players could probably pull off some of the crazy ping-ponging, and perfect over-the-top passes, occasionally, but not all game every game).

I honestly think that, when you say "do X or Y", it's because my example isn't the best (remember, all of this was just from a single match and this stuff happens every match I play) - because in some scenarios, you simply can't counter it (or if you could, it wouldn't be long before it did something else you couldn't stop instead).

Yes, that's probably the ML, and Team Spirit, and the difficulty level - but I bought the game to play the ML, and have zero interest in playing anything else. So it's not okay - it's a serious problem, and no amount of "it only happens if you play ML" fixes the problem, or makes it okay for the ML to be like this, IMO.

I think that's the difference between the guys loving the game, and guys like me - maybe for some it's exciting to face this kind of match every week, to face that level of challenge over and over, but for me, that's not exciting, it's just A) not at all realistic, B) a practically impossible challenge, and C) lacking variation in how football is played, which is all the fun of football to me (lots of different styles, all of which can be successful).

Did you play TP PA1?!
Yep, that's my settings - in the Master League, with a ~45 "team spirit". The game speed was -1 and I had the match length set to 12 minutes for this one I think.

Do you see any of this when you play, or do you think you just don't notice it, or do you think that none of it happens outside of the Master League?

Do you see any of this when you play, or do you think you just don't notice it, or do you think that none of it happens outside of the Master League?
It does happen and you are right in your points. But so is he. If you can counter issues with little bit more in-depth controls, then why not use them? Thats not cheating. And even if you pull all of them perfectly, and your team is bouncing the ball like Barcelona (which I dont think they will, as Im one of those, who believes that passing/control stats have SOME effect) you will still have problems with finishing your situations, as in the final third its all down to player runs (Team Spirit here matters a lot) and finishing stats.

I still disagree with your sprinting issue. When a player receives a ball, he is loosing some advantage at the very beginning, when he receives the ball. Then he is loosing even more if he has ball close to his feet.
Its crucial to have a good first touch (preferably with R2) and knock the ball further with double sprint tap straight after.
Thats how it should be. Running with the ball slows down.

I do fully agree about stamina tho, especially the part, where you want to trigger player run and he starts walking, even if he was running before. This one is beyond ridiculous and was driving me nuts.
I stopped triggering manual runs with right stick altogether. Instead I either use R2 after pass, or Im playing the ball around waiting for a team mate to start running by himself.
When you have your Team Mentality set to attacking and play Positioning, there is a good enough number of player runs (they get better and more frequent as TS goes up)
But I actually like it this way (even tho it was born out of frustration). I feel like my AI team mates have some "free will" and will either help me out, or not. It adds a bit of unpredictability.

Just can't enjoy the game. It's got too many gripes that seem to get bigger the more you play it.

I keep thinking maybe after the patches I will switch it on and get a few hours out of it but on the pitch after 3 games maximum I'm bored beyond belief and can't play it any further. Most of my time on this game has been spent editing and putting the legend players into it which says it all.

I feel your pain. Professional is way too easy for me, but top player is where the AI cheating really kicks in. And those examples are exactly the same situations I encounter almost every single match I play. I thought the patch may address some of those issues, but clearly not, played a handful of match since and spotted the same things.

I think I'm done with this now - what's the point in playing this game when it's so obviously rigged?

I respect your opinion Lami but for me this the best football videogame ever.I play ML and I haven't seen a piece of scripting yet. After 28 games my team (Leicester) sits on 6th place. I analyze every single opponent beforehand and change my tactics accordingly. I have just won 4-1 against Man U, changing from 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 just for this game, going gegenpress with individual marking and Man U were completely shut down. They ended up with 76% (!!) pass completion, 16 shots and only 4 on target, total fouls were 16(7-9) . All these at Top Player, 20min, -1 speed. Treat this game like a sim and it will play like this.
You haven’t seen a piece of scripting in PES 2019?

You’re not joking are you, you’re actually serious?

I wouldnt be surprised. I remember @rockstrongo telling me before, when I was only starting PA0, that MANUAL passing is handicaped on Profesional and it works better on Top Player and higher. I can only assume that assisted passing might be the other way.
Thats why i was surprised that my manual passing was so good recently and I wondered did they do some work on it.

When I was on PA1 i skipped Top Player altogether. It was strange difficulty level with strange AI behavior. I went straight onto Superstar (first time ever) and even tho the matches were more difficult, they werent full of unrealistic AI play. Difficulty was coming from AI pressure rather than laser guided tiki-taka. They still had missplaced passes and shots.
So I personally play either Profesional with PA0 or Superstar with PA1.
But now we're back again to changing settings in order to fix the game... :LOL:
Haven't tried the game since the update mate,but before,and pretty much on all newer Pes titles professional on PA 0 makes your players complety retarded,like a "everyone is a winner" thing.
And your right on the TP as well,used to enjoy it on 17-18,but SS is by far the best difficulty,even on manual.
I should really get back to this game,can't find time or interest ATM though.
How you feeling it post patch?

This game is not perfect! No PES release seemed perfect to me. I enjoyed one release more than the other.
PES 2019 is nowhere a perfect game, but one that I can enjoy a lot, which I really do at the moment.

But to enjoy it, I need my personal settings.
I couldn´t enjoy it, if I wasn´t playing anything else than top player or superstar.
I couldn´t enjoy it, if I was playing with passing assistance.
I couldn´t enjoy it, if I was using basic shooting.
I couldn´t enjoy it, with a match time anything under 15 minutes.
I couldn´t enjoy it on a faster game speed.

[/QUOTE]
for me it just cannot be manual passing and manual shooting, it is so hard and u can t just recommend both, basic shooting should be more varied, i would accept manual passing, but manual shooting aswell is asking too much, u can t even make a cross right if ur pressured, the game is gonna be too slow, almost slowmotion like and that ain t real

How you feeling it post patch?
Personally - much better than expected. I seem to be in minority of happy campers now... :LOL:
Pity that it didnt click for everyone.. its not the same to share happy thoughts when people are pissed off.
basic shooting should be more varied, i would accept manual passing, but manual shooting aswell is asking too much
I know that i probably not going to convince you, same as I cant get into the other game.
But why are you not considering advanced shooting?
Manual shooting was too much for me as well, but all it took was 10mins on the training ground with advanced shooting and now i have nice variety of shots with minimum effort. It seems odd at the start but its much easier than it seems to be.

Regarding the animations Lami, not saying they are perfect, but the shared clips posted on youtube etc make things look way worse than they really are. On the ps4, when im actually playing or watching someone play, they look very smooth, and that skatyness isn't really there. They can definitely improve, but they have come a long way since pes15, 16 and 17, which really got to me. Stopped playing it as a result, and went back to pes6 on pc.
Im loving the animations and smoothness of movement transitions in pes19. I still think full on sprinting needs some work, as it still doesn't look like high speed running.

Anyways, here is the clip I wanted to post of that fake-shot working a treat (20min game, full manual, superstar), go to 55sec mark to see the entire sequence..
Tomorrow it's coming to Xbox game pass. I'll try it then. At least it's free.

Back
Top Bottom