PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Good stuff Lami. Interesting stuff regarding the versions though.. I mean .. which is the best, ps4, pc or in fact xbox??
I finally, after about a month, got to play pes2019 on the PC. I have a gaming laptop, 1080gtx card in it, top of the range, so I get it running as good as it should be. After the update install, I of course had to input Hawke's Ball mod using sider, and finally I got the telstar working.. looks great btw, but couldn't get the red version working??
Anyways, the PC version of pes2019.. I found something very interesting. I played using River Plate (at the Estadio Monumental) vs. Estadiantes, and this player named Pavone would literally take a long range shot at every opportunity. When I say long shot, its not like in the PS4 where its just outside the box - he took them quite a few meters outside the box.. ie. the furthest long range efforts ive encountered so far. Ive got a clip that im currently uploading on youtube which ill post soon (unfortunately bandicam wouldn't record at 60fps, but at 43?? WTF, so its stutter as fk). I basically do my best to pass the ball to Pavone, or leave him some space to see his reactions. He shoots long range constantly.

Continuing on the PC version, I can say that the graphics look amazing, the 60fps cut scene intros and highlights look so damn good.... BUT.. it seems the animations are smoother, or just look better and more natural on the PS4. I played the PS4 version, same settings, teams etc, and it just looks as the animations are more natural looking or flow better. But the biggest thing i got out of comparing the 2 version, was how different the response was, particularly of when controlling my defenders. The PS4 version is so much better in terms of response, making it so much easier to defend. (btw, with the pc, im using my dual shock plugged in via cable - so its not lag or response issues due to Bluetooth).
Apart from the pc having 60fps cutscenes and mods ability,.. oh and the long rangers from well outside the box (yet to see this on ps4), the Ps4 version is truly superior. Totally different experience for me, and ill continue playing on the PS4.

Now, that makes me wonder... I know this thread is supposed to be console only, but what versions are people actually playing here??? Chris?? that video you showed was great, and yeah ive seen almost all of what you've shown, but are you on PC or PS4, as I think defending (response ability) is way easier on the PS4.

.. so sorry about the video quality, as it was recorded on bandicam software at 43ish fps (god knows why this fked up, as it normally does 60fps flawlessly). Pay special attention to Pavone, and how far he takes his shots from. Btw, I purposely play crap just to give this Pavone dude some free opportunity to be a man!!

.. so sorry about the video quality, as it was recorded on bandicam software at 43ish fps (god knows why this fked up, as it normally does 60fps flawlessly). Pay special attention to Pavone, and how far he takes his shots from. Btw, I purposely play crap just to give this Pavone dude some free opportunity to be a man!!
I play a lot of exhibition SS matches against PSG and Cavani plays kinda similar.
I wonder if it's because of combination of being CF and long ranger COM playing style.

what versions are people actually playing here??? Chris?? that video you showed was great, and yeah ive seen almost all of what you've shown, but are you on PC or PS4, as I think defending (response ability) is way easier on the PS4.
PS4 - my PC can cope with PES 2013 and nothing after that, it's ancient. :D

Now, that makes me wonder... I know this thread is supposed to be console only, but what versions are people actually playing here??? Chris?? that video you showed was great, and yeah ive seen almost all of what you've shown, but are you on PC or PS4, as I think defending (response ability) is way easier on the PS4.

I for one am playing on the PC. The reason I lurk this thread more is because this is generally the one where we talk about gameplay. The dedicated PC thread is mostly on technical stuff which doesn't bother me too much.

That said, I've long since suspected that the game plays differently on different platforms. Would (partly) explain why my experiences are often so incredibly at odds with what I am reading here. As a matter of fact, I absolutely dislike 1.03. They've increased AI aggression and overall speed. 1.02 had the right balance for me and kept me motivated to play through a whole Championship ML season with default players. Now I started a new ML campaign with Newcastle's live lineup on Professional and the game is just abusing me (TS of 58, for f*ck sakes!). I can't run, can't shield, everyone is overtaking me, COM-midgets are pushing Diamé and Rondon out like cardboard cut-outs. I am surrounded by 2-3 COM players at any time and on the rare occasion that I make it into the box and have the time to wind up a shot before someone steps on my toes, I am hitting the crossbar.

but manual shooting aswell is asking too much, u can t even make a cross right if ur pressured, the game is gonna be too slow, almost slowmotion like and that ain t real

I think you would be surprised if you would compare that "slowmotion" gameplay side-to-side to an adequate real life match.

I sound like a broken record but this game is really something online atm. Manual passing and Adv shooting is the perfect mix for me.

About individuality; I have used Santos after the DLC (they are still not correct, players still missing) and they are really a quite crappy team but what they do have is Gabigol and Rodrygo who are recreated perfectly. U get the feeling you can do all sorts of things with those guys, I never feel defeated beforehand since I know I can do unpredictable stuff with these players.

What I would like is more individuality and personality in other player types/styles. I especially wan't "back" that passing genius- feeling you got with players like Riquelme. If they only could mix manual passing with current state PA1...

...my main gripe with manual shooting is the fact you cannot score those R2 finesse shots into top far corner as you can with basic shooting (and probably advanced shooting)...you know..similar to the goal filipe anderson scored for westham on the weekend vs crystal place (go to 1.55min mark of clip):

i was setting up my cam last night like @aussiepesfan recommended. 6,7,10 if i remember correctly. much more detail and for the first time i expirienced a thing that some users reported about. the game felt more fluid. i dont know how to say this... like a few more fps kicked in. it was very nice to play and the angle gave it a real tv touch!
and i again i found out why i cant play with this. when the ball is on the upper side of the pitch (north, opposite of the benches) the cam is too far away. it doesn't move upwards like dynamic wide does. if it wasnt like this i'd stick to 6,7,10!

hey, aussie: i'll look for that R2 curler from outside the box into the top corner i have on video! will upload if i find it! happened once to me! :D

@Chris Davies nice post!
i dont see you as a moaner, never did. you answers are too detailed and civilized to put you in the hater corner (and you are not alone). i think i can devide people hating for the sake of hate and critical civilized answers and/or oponions! but we do have some, few, hater here, imo. like the black sheep in our herd. maybe they are just not able to put it in words and it comes across like hating... anyway, back to civilized disucssions!

first of all, i did not want to dissect your video. i just had a go and then couldn't stop... and yes, i get you with your video just beeing one example and such. same time you get my answer and how it was meant! :)

point 2: jep, player should blend in his "avoiding offside" movement much better. full stop happens irl, but in PES its down to the animations or the lack of small little movement animations! true that!

point 4: yeah, the computer switches my own player sometimes so bad, it does my head in! it got better over the patches but sometimes the computer switches my cursor not in a good way. i use a lot of RS manual switching in defense as it lets me pick CB's and such with more accuracy! so i can "await" the attacker... not running behind!

point 6: i had an eye on that matter last night and yes. i noticed this after some testing in the final minutes of the game! needs fixing! good spot!!
same time i like the hunch over animation they did implement. wish there where more states of that! here is hope they do add more "tired"-animations PLUS they do fit the scene and work properly!!

point 8: yep, should be more vissible! i see it the same! on the other hand i think this would not be fun to play anymore. if speed demons where there to full potential/more pronounced, everybody would only rely on them so making the game what the other was for years! ;)
its a very tough part of the game, imo! keeping it playable and the ballance i guess they have to sacrafice some "speedy stuff"! i'm currently in between opinions and undecided whats the real deal here to make it perfect.

and again i am answering step by step! :D it will fade out... ;)

what came to my mind, after your post, i really feel sometimes i am fighting some "cheats" with what the game gives me at the sticks sometimes. i dont mind that aka i dont think of fighting cheats when i do this. i just counter the opponent. but yeah, its kinda in my head!

another thing! when i was playing last night (cup with flamengo) i thought of you and i will upload a sample match! it will be just one match (like yours) to show how i play and how i counter the cheats! ;) na, its about influencing the opponents style of play, forcing them to not "cheat" about the wings! a better word for cheat could be "continously using one promising attack pattern"! ;)
i still dont give up on my point of view completly! ;) i am pretty sure i can give a little advice on some things that will help others to see some of the "flaws" in a different light!

have a good day yall!!

I for one am playing on the PC. The reason I lurk this thread more is because this is generally the one where we talk about gameplay. The dedicated PC thread is mostly on technical stuff which doesn't bother me too much.

That said, I've long since suspected that the game plays differently on different platforms. Would (partly) explain why my experiences are often so incredibly at odds with what I am reading here. As a matter of fact, I absolutely dislike 1.03. They've increased AI aggression and overall speed. 1.02 had the right balance for me and kept me motivated to play through a whole Championship ML season with default players. Now I started a new ML campaign with Newcastle's live lineup on Professional and the game is just abusing me (TS of 58, for f*ck sakes!). I can't run, can't shield, everyone is overtaking me, COM-midgets are pushing Diamé and Rondon out like cardboard cut-outs. I am surrounded by 2-3 COM players at any time and on the rare occasion that I make it into the box and have the time to wind up a shot before someone steps on my toes, I am hitting the crossbar.

I am on PS4, but i have the same thoughts as you,reading the posts in PC section. I Find the gamespeed after 1.03 more bearable than 1.02 & 1.01 which was annoying fast in +0 gamespeed. But for sure i do not find the CPU more aggressive than before. It seems to be more "human" now, still lacking basic AI and awareness in its core, but there are two things that seem that have changed after the latest update.But it seems completely different to what guys in PC give as feedback.maybe the console code and the PC code took separate roads. And here i want to also mention @Emroth and credit him cause he was right in a discussion we had last week. It seems now that the final results of the CPU teams have more variation than before where it was concede: 2 goals after 3/3 shots with 0 goalkeeper saves. After i progressed a whole season in ML and restarted a new one (cause of editing, i am trying to fix the Brazilian Clubs rosters +live updates hell) and i saw more diversity in their stats, like scoring one goal after 5/7 shots and the impressive now is that my Goalkeeper makes some saves. I think this was also in patch notes, that they tuned something in Goalkeepers, it seems like my GK is parrying a lot the ball now and makes saves in shots he did not do before. Ok when the AI needs to win the rebound will go to opponent CF but thats a different story. And this is not a placebo as i used to check the stats after match and i usually had 0 or 1 gk save per match.Now i have 3 or 4 every 8 shots. So due to all these plus the really primitive attacking AI, which when does not use the low cross spam, has very difficult time to scores, i have now more close to reality results, some 1-1, some 2-1 even a little bit 1-0.

I thought it would be interesting to find out if it were possible to replicate the goal Dembelé scored against Spurs last night – on Professional or higher, of course, and Barça being the human side. I reckon it is impossible, given the way PES limits speed and explosiveness of the human-controlled players, but I might stand corrected. Anyone up to the challenge? :)

I thought it would be interesting to find out if it were possible to replicate the goal Dembelé scored against Spurs last night – on Professional or higher, of course, and Barça being the human side. I reckon it is impossible, given the way PES limits speed and explosiveness of the human-controlled players, but I might stand corrected. Anyone up to the challenge? :)

Challenge accepted! :D

This might be the worst goal recreation ever but it's at least 20% similar.:FAIL:
Speed burst to the right, quick-turn to the left, shoot with left foot.:D

I'm looking forward to @PRO_TOO 's recreation.:)

This might be the worst goal recreation ever but it's at least 20% similar.:FAIL:
Speed burst to the right, quick-turn to the left, shoot with left foot.:D

I'm looking forward to @PRO_TOO 's recreation.:)
:LOL: we should open up a "challenge thread"! na, lets keep it here for now... lets see. i deffo will try to replicate that Dembele goal against Tottenham tonight!
so it will be Barca vs. Tottenham only tonight! might be able to play one match before CL starts... will do more matches when the CL is over.

Last edited:

I love this idea, because so often I will see a goal and think "you couldn't do that in PES" (or the other game) depending on the type of goal - it'd be great to see them attempted in both actually!

I think "challenges" like this would be perfect examples to send off to the devs and say "you can't do this in your game because" (e.g. explosive pace doesn't exist, defensive positioning is too rigid, whatever it may be)...

What annoys me (and correct me if im wrong), you cannot switch target aim on Advanced Shooting off, without also switching L2 manual aim off.
So if I want to use L2 manual aiming guide (which I have to, coz Im shite), I also have this annoying target circle when shooting.
Every setting, every guide, should have its own separate settings.
The really useful IMO is the one which shoots the "laser guide" across the pitch, when switching players manually. This one can really help out with this weird player switching, as you can see how it works and who will you switch to.

...my main gripe with manual shooting is the fact you cannot score those R2 finesse shots into top far corner as you can with basic shooting (and probably advanced shooting)...you know..similar to the goal filipe anderson scored for westham on the weekend vs crystal place (go to 1.55min mark of clip):
I really hope they fix this manual R2 shot. Unfortunately, only a few are complaining, unlike manual headers that they already fixed.
Aside from manual R2 not going to where you aim, the type of spin shot it produce is also not good.

Top corner manual R2 shots in Pes2019 doesn't have the same ball path as in basic. It doesn't have the sharper curve that basic/advanced R2 has.
That's why it's almost impossible to score a top corner R2 when you're not shooting near the middle.
r2-goals.gif

PES2019(manual R2)
The ball flight is more up-down than going away from the goalie, then goes in.
In 10 minutes of trying, I wasn't able to do the nice curler similar to basic/advanced.
pes19-r2-ball-path.gif

PES2015(manual R2)
You mentioned in the past that in Pes2015, manual-R2 is still working properly. Finally tested it today and I agree.
I manage to do the nice curler in just a few tries.
pes15-r2-ball-path.gif

Not sure if it known or not but I found a bug with off-the ball manual 1-2 that depletes the stamina instantly.This time I reproduced it in exhibition and recorded 04:40 video.Can anyone of you Twitter-people feedback it to Konami?If it is unknown of course

Last edited:
Personally - much better than expected. I seem to be in minority of happy campers now... :LOL:
Pity that it didnt click for everyone.. its not the same to share happy thoughts when people are pissed off.

I know that i probably not going to convince you, same as I cant get into the other game.
But why are you not considering advanced shooting?
Manual shooting was too much for me as well, but all it took was 10mins on the training ground with advanced shooting and now i have nice variety of shots with minimum effort. It seems odd at the start but its much easier than it seems to be.
Cool,yeah I should go back to Pes 19 again,I enjoyed it a lot after the first patch,but can't really be bothered with any football game ATM
Rather play other games.
Plus,I expect after being on a semi manual setting for FIFA,going back to a manual Pes on SS will make my controller suddenly fear for its life
It's a proper tough game this year

I really hope they fix this manual R2 shot. Unfortunately, only a few are complaining, unlike manual headers that they already fixed.
Aside from manual R2 not going to where you aim, the type of spin shot it produce is also not good.

Top corner manual R2 shots in Pes2019 doesn't have the same ball path as in basic. It doesn't have the sharper curve that basic/advanced R2 has.
That's why it's almost impossible to score a top corner R2 when you're not shooting near the middle.
r2-goals.gif

PES2019(manual R2)
The ball flight is more up-down than going away from the goalie, then goes in.
In 10 minutes of trying, I wasn't able to do the nice curler similar to basic/advanced.
pes19-r2-ball-path.gif

PES2015(manual R2)
You mentioned in the past that in Pes2015, manual-R2 is still working properly. Finally tested it today and I agree.
I manage to do the nice curler in just a few tries.
pes15-r2-ball-path.gif

Great post. Nailed it with the 2 points: first the aim is off when using R2 with full manual (I use the L2 manual aimer, and the shot goes well wide of the aiming line), and the 2nd, where there is no curl on the shot like there is when using R2 with pass assist. Whats the best way to get this message through to konami or adam??

Whats interesting also, is when you do full manual R2 in the skills/training challenge, in first person view, there is a lot of curl.. but the accuracy is way off. In normal gameplay view, its direction is off as well as the curl.

Yes Pes2015 had it working well.. and I remember it well. I remember the weeden vids showing various players being able to pull of those filipe Anderson kinda goals: @ 1.15

and finally found that pes2015 clip ive been looking for.. Robben doing his signature move.. wish I could do it manually.. on pes2015 this was possible manually. 16,17,18 and 19.. its impossible:
go to 50min mark:

Last edited:
Well if it's coming from you... I need to try this patch now.

Why you say that Lami? Because i was supporting fifa for 10 years straight? I was a hardcore pes/we fan until pes6. After that pes was destroyed on ps3 and fifa manual came in. Fifa manual was better than pes for many years. Now pes2019 made its return, and i switched back to pes becasuse it gives me a great manual experience, better than fifa19. Its very simple...

Great post. Nailed it with the 2 points: first the aim is off when using R2 with full manual (I use the L2 manual aimer, and the shot goes well wide of the aiming line), and the 2nd, where there is no curl on the shot like there is when using R2 with pass assist. Whats the best way to get this message through to konami or adam??

Whats interesting also, is when you do full manual R2 in the skills/training challenge, in first person view, there is a lot of curl.. but the accuracy is way off. In normal gameplay view, its direction is off as well as the curl.

Yes Pes2015 had it working well.. and I remember it well. I remember the weeden vids showing various players being able to pull of those filipe Anderson kinda goals: @ 1.15

and finally found that pes2015 clip ive been looking for.. Robben doing his signature move.. wish I could do it manually.. on pes2015 this was possible manually. 16,17,18 and 19.. its impossible:
go to 50min mark:
What's annoying is that it's already working before...and then for some reason got broken.
It's already 4 years broken and they haven't fixed it.:RANT:
It's only 4 months for me(as a fuma rookie) and I can't imagine how a long time Fuma player would feel.:(

I think this is a very easy fix for them if they want to fix it or if they know.
It's more annoying "if they don't have an idea it's broken" which is a high possibility, knowing they don't test their game much prior to release.

Whats the best way to get this message through to konami or adam??
Tweet it directly and they'll just ignore it.
Maybe tweet a PES guy who has a nice number of followers and a bit of a manual guy like @_TheTrueBrits. He can retweet it to Konami or Adam, or something.
Maybe tweet PESLeague's @danielrhenry:D so he can let his friends know.

Last edited:
Why you say that Lami? Because i was supporting fifa for 10 years straight? I was a hardcore pes/we fan until pes6. After that pes was destroyed on ps3 and fifa manual came in. Fifa manual was better than pes for many years. Now pes2019 made its return, and i switched back to pes becasuse it gives me a great manual experience, better than fifa19. Its very simple...
Because you were very hard to please for so long!

Just shared the following 2 tweets, regarding broken R2 finesse on full manual shooting. One video is normal game view, clearly showing that the aiming arrow and actual R2 shot don't match, as well as the lack of curl.

I also posted another video of first person view, ie. from skills training. Whats interesting with this one, is that there is heaps of curl, like performing an R2 finesse shot on PA1, however, the accuracy is so bad... way way off!!!

Here are the links, retweet if you can:

and another with both vids:

Another few games last night in my ML with Wolves.
Vs Liverpool (1:2)
Vs West Ham (1:1)
Vs Arsenal (0:5) !!!
Vs Fulham (1:0)
Vs Cardiff (2:0)
Vs Tottenham (1:3)

At 11th place, 5 games to go.

Still loosing with teams that should be hard to beat, mostly winning against weaker teams. AI playing various ways, exciting and unpredictable.

If its down to Team Spirit, which I think it is, they seriously need to tweak the impact of this feature. It should only affect your team and mostly if it comes to offense.
It shouldnt make games nearly impossible to win at the early stages when TS is low.
Our TS seems to be affecting COM teams more than us, which should not be the case.

Its fully understandable why a lot of people give up before they get TS up and results start to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom