PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Started a new ML. Going to play more matches this time. Checked Arsenals team. From the full squad they had 19 players remain. They have 4 goalkeepers on the bench and Ozils playing DM

23jqs87.jpg

PS4 Pro does not have contrast settings only brightness ive got a feeling Konami dont have a clue what the hell they are doing with HDR tbh.

Unless i have missed contrast setting somewhere...are you PS4 or PC?

same here.. and i need to put brightness up to 95 in order get both images to the same level.

PS4 Pro does not have contrast settings only brightness ive got a feeling Konami dont have a clue what the hell they are doing with HDR tbh.

Unless i have missed contrast setting somewhere...are you PS4 or PC?

That’s because of HDR. You cannot change contrast on HDR mode. If you switch off HDR from the ps4 main menu, you’ll see the ability to edit contrast.

I actually think they have one of the best looking games in HDR. It looks so realistic. The other game last year looked horrible in HDR.

@ all mods: can we please put some more info in the opening post? things like release date and sources to OF's and stuff...
there is a lot of people asking the same questions over an over again (when they are not here all the time). in other forums i'm used to this. i would put all the infos together and send it to @Lami so he could insert that into the op!

edit:
i'll edit it further... gimme some time please. first try:

----------------------------------------------------------
Genral Information:
Manufacturer:
Konami
Developer: Konami
Genre: Sport Game
Max Payer: 1-4 local, 1-x online
Technical Specifications (Resolution/Framerate): 4k/60fps/HDR
Distribution Format: PSN / Retail Disc
Compatible Periphery: none
Price (RRP): 59,99€
Release Date: 30.08.2018
Webseite: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/officialpes?lang=en
----------------------------------------------------------
Additional Information:
Trailer:

Option Files:
PES World: https://www.pesworld.co.uk/
PES Universe: https://www.pesuniverse.com/
PES Gaming: http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

Video Tutorials:
Spoony Pizzas Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvDPOmJS4aLG05TvpaFXNvA/videos

Last edited:
Started a new ML. Going to play more matches this time. Checked Arsenals team. From the full squad they had 19 players remain. They have 4 goalkeepers on the bench and Ozils playing DM

23jqs87.jpg
I played as Arsenal earlier and Ozil was playing in the hole as an AMF...Weird.

That’s because of HDR. You cannot change contrast on HDR mode. If you switch off HDR from the ps4 main menu, you’ll see the ability to edit contrast.

I actually think they have one of the best looking games in HDR. It looks so realistic. The other game last year looked horrible in HDR.
Realistic? The grass is an off colour of white with a green hue.

Here's the nou camp in glorious sunshine
Screenshot_2018_08_29_16_13_30.png

Here's PES Nou Camp's grass...
PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180829161914.png

in what way is that grass colour realistic?

Last edited:
So I think I just had the most enjoyable game of PES I've had in recent history.

First game I did Turkey v England to use a new stadium. It was fairly boring 1-0 to me, lingard.

Next I decided to make the most of the partnerships and did Arsenal v Liverpool at the Emirates. 15 mins game, professional difficulty, 4k hdr, PS4 pro.

Firstly, let me just saw, wow. The game looked absolutely stunning in daytime sunshine. Like, real. And for the first time since I patched real chants into pes6, THERE WAS AN ATMOSPHERE. with real chants! So much so that at 3-0 up, the home fans started oleing passes. Like actual olés as I made successful passes.

The flow and balance of the game was almost perfect. Besides Liverpool not feeling dangerous enough, it's played at such a lovely pace with fouls, random moments, loads of interceptions and 1st touch error.

In fact, first touch error and interceptions are two things that are really standing out to me, as the game progresses the first touch errors seemed to get more frequent too. It means for the first time in a few years I'm playing 1 bar passing rather than 0 and it feels like stats do actually matter. It's more subtle than on ps2 but avoid interceptions or play passes that can be easily controlled, better players help.

Finally I had a throwback PES moment that I never expected. Aubameyang played through on goal from 40yards ish out. No catch up, keeper came out and I dinked it over him. SATISFACTION! I'll upload it on Monday when I get internet.

So far so very good for me. As we know though, PES can very much be Jekyll and Hyde

@Red Hand what have you done to your settings!? :CONFUSE:
your PES screener is way to bright! lower the brightness or contrast dude! on my TV it looks brilliant! my image is darker, the difference between dark and sunny pitch areas are more vissible. think of it as coming out of a tunnel with a car and the daylight burns your eyes a few milli secs and the eye have to adjust (GTS does this at perfection). i have nearly the same feeling when walking a player from dark into a sun flooded area of the pitch! its such a nice coloured HDR 4k picture!

so please. check your settings! your screener is way to bright. somethings seems off!

Daniel assured us that all the squads and team styles would be changed to match real life for the final game so I'm sure it will come in the first data pack. He is a very trustworthy individual so I expect Konami are working hard on it right now.

Just gonna put it out there, Default speed definitely feels faster than the demo. Ball leaves the foot quicker when you power up a pass (less thought required) turning & response times are a tad quicker too, therefore adding less weight to players.

My biggest worry realised. It's not much but enough to change the meta.

Knocked it down to -1 and all felt good again ( more like the demo). This is fine for offline but I do worry about online matches now, sadly.

Game is still good though!!

Last edited:
Played 3 games
I played -1 speed and full game is a tad quicker imo.
The English league - wow what a cluster fuck. Ok not licensed but Chelsea in yellow???

Back
Top Bottom