PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Guys does anyone with digital version of the game notice that ps4 fans are working on high constantly during the games and after that while you are in menus? I know someone said that for pc version game uses much resources but ps4 is different. is it just me or it's the same for others? thanks :)
Quiet for me on PS4 slim ... it’s very loud on my friend PS4 pro though like all 4K games are

[demo ... not try full game yet]

You are in Germany, according to your profile data?
yes i am! middle of GER, hessen!

is it possible to export the EDIT DATA from ps4, copy it over to PC, edit or create a team in some kind of editor, compile that EDIT file and reinsert it into ps4 system?! on PC for sure... but on ps4?!
i remember back in the days there was an editor like that, right!? was it ps2 maybe?! not sure.

Don't want to hog the thread too much with this but yeah I really think it's a great option. I said more expensive because straight up me buying it for 50 pounds on PSN against someone finding a good deal on it at a retailer, then I defo have the more expensive option. But it depends on your situation, games here in Iceland are mad expensive and this couple I know just got a PS4 and I told them to just ignore the physical shops altogether. Wait for sales on PSN and you are golden. I do miss going to the store daily to see if PES has finally arrived. There was a certain magical atmosphere about it. Maybe I could just about pop into the shop after work and grap a copy as the doors close in, Indiana Jones style. Good times. But now, I just like having less stuff. I think that kind of comes with age. Just cram all my games into that black box, sounds good to me.
When I lived in UK and pes release in October ... man those were the days.

I never forget that magical feeling of buying pes 3 a day earlier because the guy who worked in my Gameststion was in Uni with me and let me have it just before shop closed.

Ran home ... disk in. That Beckham animation of him taking free kick, wow

Memories.

Sorry for going off thread topic

Im not a fan of steel cases and forgot this came with one but i have to say it's bloody gorgeous!

20180829_123523.jpg

Yeah the game will be very cheap once fifa comes out for sure the amount of people trading in pes for fifa will be quite a lot, people will get bored eventually playing meaningless friendlies and no modes

You really think a lot will be trading PES for Fifa (once it comes out)??? Thats a pretty big assumption Jimmy :) Certainly not me, in fact ive decided based on just viewing the videos of fifa19 that it isnt for me - i cannot get past the look of fifa19 (how the players look, the animations, the ball physics, speed etc). For me its kinda like on-field game lovers vs. off-field game lovers. If youre into all the off-field stuff, yeah youre gonna swap PES for Fifa 100%. But I think those who want the more solid gameplay will prefer PES this year. They may have room for both games, when Fifa comes out.
I guess it all comes to personal preference, but after viewing Fifa's offerings this year, im pretty reluctant to even download the demo when it comes out.

I am however extremely glad that a lot of the reviewers have flogged Konami regarding its lack of effort off-field. This may sway them to put more effort into it next year.

You really think a lot will be trading PES for Fifa (once it comes out)??? Thats a pretty big assumption Jimmy :) Certainly not me, in fact ive decided based on just viewing the videos of fifa19 that it isnt for me - i cannot get past the look of fifa19 (how the players look, the animations, the ball physics, speed etc). For me its kinda like on-field game lovers vs. off-field game lovers. If youre into all the off-field stuff, yeah youre gonna swap PES for Fifa 100%. But I think those who want the more solid gameplay will prefer PES this year. They may have room for both games, when Fifa comes out.
I guess it all comes to personal preference, but after viewing Fifa's offerings this year, im pretty reluctant to even download the demo when it comes out.

I am however extremely glad that a lot of the reviewers have flogged Konami regarding its lack of effort off-field. This may sway them to put more effort into it next year.
You’re right ... people are sick of Fifa even the Fifa players

Pes 2019 will sell a lot and people will be happy with gameplay

I had a cousin visit from UK last week and he has always been fifa player but is fed up so he tried pes 2019 demo

He couldn’t stop playing it

I know a few people who have jumped from Fifa ship this year

official release is tmw!!! so this is not an official release! ;)

I know, but it´s some kind of tradition to get it at least one day before. And regarding this whole "support your local store" movements they should better give it away as soon as possible and not when half of the country already got it in their mailboxes.

Can't wait for the Fifa players arguing that it is obviously better because it has Champions League.
One genius comment I read yesterday on the gamespot review was something like "how can a game with so few licences get a 9?" :COAT:
I mean, Fifa could very much be better, it's not out yet.
But COME ON!!!

dont get me wrong bud, gameplay is amazing, and hopefully we can play a few games online but i was referring to alot of people waiting for fifa, will try it out but they wont last cos modes are non existent and there would be also quite a few that cant be bothered loading up OF's

Playing PS4 Pro. Siming to the winter transfer window. Unless there is a patch coming out the ML transfers are still not fixed. Some things are better. Inesta was at barca, no interest in leaving, put in a bid. With the slider in the middle for the club neg, no interest until I went to full in then it went to 100 % but the value jumped to 98 million but the player still didnt want to join. That was ok. If your a big club it seems you can buy most players but you have to spend most of your transfer budget which is ok and even then the player might not want to sign. This is sadly in no way linked to rivalry as I could sign most LFC players as MUFC.

another thing that seem the same is Bournemouth again sell tons of players. The transfers between clubs seems as messed up as last year only this time I found they disappear in the Transfer Market news. Van dyke was sold after the first week to city. But the next week the transfer was missing from Transfer Market news yet my lewandowski transfer was still there (Scratch that he disappeared from the list, it seems all the top ones do, weird). Last year the transfer didn't clear off the list until the next transfer window. A tinfoil hat me would say this was done so when you look at the Transfer Market news at the end of the window it doesn't look as bad.

I only use the PS4 for playing mates and I use the PC for my ML so hopefully there is a ML editor to undo the stupid transfers again this year because unless it got sorted I couldn't play a ML as it would just be pointless. Its bare enough without the stupid transfers. On smaller teams buying big players "An Offer for DAVID DE GEA has been received from Everton". First the caps ain't me shouting its the ridiculousness of Konami having caps for all players and teams. Two issues with this and no offence to Everton but this wouldn't happen in the real word especially as they have a great keeper in Pickford. Transfer window over. Apart for De gea only bids came in for transfer listed players and the AI seriously low balled you. Not enough room when negotiating with the AI if they really want the player they should be coming in with bigger bids. I feel for the users that love ML as the mode just doesn't work in its current state without an editor.
Siming till Jan. Team picked will be low rated players and players played out of position. Not making any changes to the team to check for fatigue and injuries and affection. Bid came in from city for Lukaku. I had him on the transfer list but removed him straight after the window. They bid 25 mil for him in oct. Negotiated and went as high as I could I think 35 mil. Transfer said 0 % chance but they just came back with 40. I have a 64% chance of getting 47. Lets see. Now a 69 % chance of 52. 53 mil and it goes to 0% if i increase it so final offer but i'm still asking 82 mil. Broken down. Lukaku affection is down to 0. Got to Jan. No injuries but tis may be due to sim. Players affection seems to work but will have to see if it matters.

In the transfer window some players are making their second move K. Walker from real now to PSG. Fabregas inter to Juventus. I got one offer from City for Valencia. Season over finished 4th from bottom, dropped to 88th in the club ranking still not sacked.

Playing PS4 Pro. Siming to the winter transfer window. Unless there is a patch coming out the ML transfers are still not fixed. Some things are better. Inesta was at barca, no interest in leaving, put in a bid. With the slider in the middle for the club neg, no interest until I went to full in then it went to 100 % but the value jumped to 98 million but the player still didnt want to join. That was ok. If your a big club it seems you can buy most players but you have to spend most of your transfer budget which is ok and even then the player might not want to sign. This is sadly in no way linked to rivalry as I could sign most LFC players as MUFC.

another thing that seem the same is Bournemouth again sell tons of players. The transfers between clubs seems as messed up as last year only this time I found they disappear in the Transfer Market news. Van dyke was sold after the first week to city. But the next week the transfer was missing from Transfer Market news yet my lewandowski transfer was still there (Scratch that he disappeared from the list, it seems all the top ones do, weird). Last year the transfer didn't clear off the list until the next transfer window. A tinfoil hat me would say this was done so when you look at the Transfer Market news at the end of the window it doesn't look as bad.

I only use the PS4 for playing mates and I use the PC for my ML so hopefully there is a ML editor to undo the stupid transfers again this year because unless it got sorted I couldn't play a ML as it would just be pointless. Its bare enough without the stupid transfers. On smaller teams buying big players "An Offer for DAVID DE GEA has been received from Everton". First the caps ain't me shouting its the ridiculousness of Konami having caps for all players and teams. Two issues with this and no offence to Everton but this wouldn't happen in the real word especially as they have a great keeper in Pickford. Transfer window over. Apart for De gea only bids came in for transfer listed players and the AI seriously low balled you. Not enough room when negotiating with the AI if they really want the player they should be coming in with bigger bids. I feel for the users that love ML as the mode just doesn't work in its current state without an editor.
Siming till Jan. Team picked will be low rated players and players played out of position. Not making any changes to the team to check for fatigue and injuries and affection. Bid came in from city for Lukaku. I had him on the transfer list but removed him straight after the window. They bid 25 mil for him in oct. Negotiated and went as high as I could I think 35 mil. Transfer said 0 % chance but they just came back with 40. I have a 64% chance of getting 47. Lets see. Now a 69 % chance of 52. 53 mil and it goes to 0% if i increase it so final offer but i'm still asking 82 mil. Broken down. Lukaku affection is down to 0. Got to Jan. No injuries but tis may be due to sim. Players affection seems to work but will have to see if it matters.

In the transfer window some players are making their second move K. Walker from real now to PSG. Fabregas inter to Juventus. I got one offer from City for Valencia. Season over finished 4th from bottom, dropped to 88th in the club ranking still not sacked.

so sad to read about the transfer situation :(

That sounds horrific.

That was a great read and I agree with every single point you made. This is yet another thing that they MUST rectify, did they say this is year 1 of the 3 year plan, or year 2? Master League needs huge focus for PES 2020.

It's so frustrating, there are so many areas that they should make improvements but don't.

Match Ratings being one of them, how can a player that I score 4 goals in a game with get a rating of 7.5 out of 10, for example?

The player form arrows are all over the place as well and are not consistent with how the player performed in the previous matches. I had a player score in the previous match in the 88th minute to win the game, and the next game comes round and he has an orange arrow, what the hell is with that?

Sounds like you are on the same trajectory as Mourinho then!

:P
Ha ha, set myself up there

That sounds horrific.

Yea, disappointing. Its a fully simed season but still the transfers are still broken and my worry is like last season it wont be fixed. Overall even without the transfers issue there isn't really anything interesting trough the season bar hopefully the gameplay but another problem is every game I've played (I haven't played a derby yet) feels like a frendily

Ok... I didn't know I'd ordered it, but it's just arrived. Maybe I added it to my cart when I pre-ordered RDR2. Fuck it.. oh well, here we go again. I never really got a go at the demo, it made my PS4 fan go crazy loud so I didn't think a demo was worth risking damage, so these are first impressions for me.

First note, the menus are appalling. Who's idea was it to go with grey? I'm trying to remember a worse looking game menu design. Also the pop up stat boxes in game look so outdated.

Game play, seems ok, can't compare to demo. Still got no joy from scoring as it felt too easy to hit 30 yard screamers. As noted on here keepers are seemingly locked to the goal line, which is just stupid.. it's not table football. Also I found it far too easy to move through midfield with the ball, the defence backed off and let me have a free run at them. BUT, it looks nice. Little too quick for my liking but I get that'd be an appeal. Wasn't as 'back heely' as 2018 either. Just wish shooting and passing was a little more random. (I played on default settings as I just clicked play). Also noticed when the ai keeper did get the ball, he do some kind of jagged run to the edge of the box before clearing every time, maybe it was a weird game. Hope that's not the same for every match, variety is key.

Also I don't know if my settings are weird, but the commentary was drowned out completely. Just mumbling in the background behind the crowd noise, maybe that's for the best

After that, I've literally just set up a Master League to look at things. I'm Espanyol. Someone should tell Konami that the International Champions Cup is not actually a big thing. speaking of which I'm in the competition. Despite being a mid table La Liga side?? In my group are River Plate, Anderlecht and Lyon. So it's not even realistic.

Transfer wise, I'm not going to bother playing that mode or bidding yet, but I have 20 million to spend, salary budget of 3m left. Here are the bars/chances of signing a few players for Espanyol. Bars are out of 5, so 3 bar is 60% chance
2 bar - Suarez, Lewandowski, Coutinho, Neuer, Hummels, Bale, Casemiro, Diego Costa, Mbappe
3 bar - A. Vidal, Mane, Firmino, Gabriel Jesus, Giroud, Morata, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva, Alli, Asensio, O. Dembele, Martial, Lo Celso, Kovacic, Rashford
4 bar - M. Dembele, Cuadrado, Biglia, Mandzukic, Milner, Lallana, Moses, Pedro, David Luiz

Not any 5 bar stars though, so it has improved... but still not great. It seems that Espanyol are rated in the same transfer bracket as Liverpool and Chelsea. Hmm.

Anyway, that's my, 'had the game for 30 mins' impressions

Back
Top Bottom