PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Thanks. I usually don't use super-cancel unless I need to cancel my shot/pass or need to get off the rails when defending but will try that as I need to find new ways to score on corners.
I've been using the same corner kick I do since the release but it's not effective lately
You're welcome. I added another "PS" there with more details. Thats how i do it anyway, and I was scoring quite a few that way.

As for supercancel - you dont have to be too precise there. When i said use supercancel i didnt mean that you have to do some mazy run and position your defenders - there is not enough time and too many players in the box to see anything.
Just hold it while running at the ball as usual, but instead of R1, hold both R1+R2.
It will make your player more awake and you will get to the position quicker.

Thanks!:TU: Tried it and it worked. I didn't know it was that easy.
I'm pretty sure I tried that L-stick(pointing up) with 60-70% power before but the ball is going middle/long and with high trajectory so I haven't tried it that way until now.
Practicing it now, sometimes it still doesn't work. It feels like the L-stick direction isn't recognized at all.
Yeah it needs a bit of practice to get used to.I also don't succeed every time.
You need to pull and hold it up if you want it to go straight and powerfull.
If you want powerfull and with a bit of curve,you must pull and hold it up and then as the player is about to kick the ball move the stick very slightly,and without releasing it,5-10 degrees left/right to where you want the curve.
If you don't do it correctly,the ball will have the curve but without the much power.

You're welcome. I added another "PS" there with more details. Thats how i do it anyway, and I was scoring quite a few that way.

As for supercancel - you dont have to be too precise there. When i said use supercancel i didnt mean that you have to do some mazy run and position your defenders - there is not enough time and too many players in the box to see anything.
Just hold it while running at the ball as usual, but instead of R1, hold both R1+R2.
It will make your player more awake and you will get to the position quicker.
I'm having good shot attempts with the "dash", 60% power and outward curve.
Having success on practice without supercancel.
With supercancel, I'm having worse result. Maybe just not used to it. It's hard on manual shooting, since I have to press the direction of positioning the player with supercancel and then press the direction of the shot.
I'm also having success with the fast low trajectory cross towards near corner by @Dennis_87 too.

Practicing corners, I encountered this BS.
Perfect cross, perfect positioning, perfect jump timing and perfect aiming ruined by this bug.:DD

Last edited:
I'm having good shot attempts with the "dash", 60% power and outward curve.
Having success on practice without supercancel.
With supercancel, I'm having worse result. Maybe just not use to it. It's hard on manual shooting, since I have to press the direction of positioning the player with supercancel and then press the direction of the shot.
I'm having success with the fast low trajectory cross towards near corner by @Dennis_87 too.

Practicing corners, I encountered this BS.
Perfect cross, perfect positioning, perfect jump timing and perfect aiming ruined by this bug.:DD

These bugs really should've been ironed out in 2-3 years ago.

Have these been dealt with in PES 2018 as part of the 3-year programme?

I just played some exhibition in 2019 - went to pass the ball back to GK and my DF decides to smash it in for an OG. WTF.

In fact, I think I'll try the exact same match in 2018 right now and see how it plays.

Update : same match (Liv vs Spurs) on 2018
- overall felt much better
- definitely less script
- 2019 match felt more physical - more fouls
- scored a corner with Kane using some of the recent tips!

it gives me hope for 2019 once the year is over.

Last edited:
Spinning on what @Emroth said regarding tournaments (eSports)
One issue is that the companies themselves own the tournaments!
Which means they dictate the rules,and obviously will change rules whenever they feel like it etc.
And we will never see a eSports tournament set up the way we want.
If Fifa/Pes eSports were a music style it would be a glittery brainless Eurovision contest

Here's the rules and settings for the Formula one eSports series championship
Spot any differences Vs fifa/Pes eSports?
Screenshot_20190330-125710.jpg

how many more patches are the likely to be, being that we are about 3-4 months off PES 2020 reveal maybe even a demo is late july?

It looks like the last patch for 2018 was on May 10th, so realistically there is probably only going to be 1 more for 2019. Hopefully it is the patch to end all patches... they have a lot of work to do

It looks like the last patch for 2018 was on May 10th, so realistically there is probably only going to be 1 more for 2019. Hopefully it is the patch to end all patches... they have a lot of work to do
There are rumours of DP5 in April. 50 faces, no stadium no league, +gameplay patch.

So my guess is there will be that and then maybe one or two minor patches (hopefully not like the last minor patch that broke so many souls)

Just got back from the spurs legends match vs Inter Forever.

Get this - Anderton, Ginola, Carr, Keane, Berbatov, Gascoigne, Nayim, Klinsmann, Zanetti, Veron all on the pitch.

Zanetti and Ginola favorites of mine from the Champ days - lovely to see them up close.

Everyone seems to have got bit older except for Berba, Zanetti and Veron.

Inter won it 5-4.

Makes me wish Fifa and PES didn't lock legends behind huge time/paywalls...plus kill them off when servers die.

Puts me in the mood for trying some more PEs later though.

Since the last squad update playing against the Ai feels slightly different. They seem a little more random and the build up play by the Ai is a little more creative, particularly near the 18 yard box. Has anyone else noticed the changes?

First news about the Data Pack 5.0
D2-RK8iUgAAt-Jo.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiELeaguePro/

So only about 1 and a half months away from the first news about Pes 20 (if it's the same time than the last year's) personally I like this time of the year the most as it's often more fun to think about how the new features will feel in the new game than actually playing it in the end. That's sad but true. :D
Looking back at the promised features for Pes 19. Let's see how they turned out.

- 11 new player traits
Really disappointed about this one. I think there was much potential but it turned out to be a really bad feature. Rising shot, dipping shot almost not visible. Pass interceptor I have literally never seen this one, no look pass.. Absolutely unnecessary. Lob shot expert..way too overpowered. So all in all this New player traits feature turned out to be really bad.

- better dribbling
Yeah dribbling is better than before but it wasn't a huge step. Felt like it could have been done by a patch easily.

- new shooting mechanics
Visible but was pretty disappointing for me. I was so happy when they announced that and thought that they finally get back to the glorious shooting (unpredictability) of Pes 5 or 6 but instead of this we only got slightly better shooting with broken R2 AND even more important broken Long range shots. So this feature also turned out to be disappointing. Shooting especially long range needs fixing!!!

-visible fatigue
I think it's the best of the features. Not perfectly implemented but it's okay and a difference to Pes 18.

-quick substitutions
Copied from fifa 18 but really unnecessary for me. Pes was never that game where you just change a player without altering the tactics. I almost never use it as I want to be in full control of my tactics.

- better ball physics
Ball physics seem to be better but at the same time way more predictable. I just played Pes 18 the other day and was surprised about the randomness of the ball in certain situations. In Pes 19 everything seems to be really predictable which is good for online 1v 1 but just lacks that wow effect when something special happens.

-better graphics
Yep this was a good progress. But I think night games have to look a lot better as you never seem to feel that you play at night under stadium lights.

All in all there wasn't that big killer feature when they announced Pes 19. But that gave me hope that they concentrate more on the basics, shooting, ball physics etc.
Pretty disappointing to see that most of the features turned out to be not really noticeable or badly implemented.
Especially the shooting disappointed me as I don't think they will work on it that much in the future (because they will say they did that for Pes 19)
Overall im having my fun with Pes 19 online divisions on full manual. But the game is pretty dull and repetitive. Goals are scored in the same way over and over again and I really want a world class football game again.
Pes 19 is a 7/10 for me (only gameplay wise of course) as it's solid but nothing special but there needs to be a lot for Pes 20 to get that 8/10 not even thinking about an 9/10.

Still pretty excited about the Pes 20 news in May as it's always really interesting.

Last edited:
You more or less nailed Pes19.
If I was to add few things from my perspective...
- 11 new player traits
I thought it will be mostly for AI. That it will step COM Player ID up. Like you said - very disappointing.
Most of those traits were present in previous versions anyway. Dipping shots were in Pes18. No look pass in Pes17.
The only one I noticed throughout my all time playing Pes was dipping shot. And even these were very few. They basically annouced it as a new feature because they had no official name previously.
- better dribbling
Very mixed feeling about this one. Being on the ball indeed feels great in Pes19. Is the dribbling better tho? I dont think so. I think dribbling was much more satisfying in Pes18&17 due to more free, random ball and better response from our players.
-visible fatigue
One thing they did well this year. At least until it was nerfed with patches. Fatigue was, indeed, visible. And if you didnt react, you could easily lose players due to injury. Is it still like this tho? With every patch, visible fatigue was less and less visible...
-quick substitutions
Good idea and handy tool to have. I used it good few times, when I just wanted to swap players without tactics. Its one of those that "its better to have it and dont need it than need it and dont have it".
- better ball physics
You nailed it there. Its lovely to watch the ball movements in Pes19, but after a while you realise that it lost all its randomness and freedom. Huge disappointment, as unpredictability was always one of the best thing in Pes series.
-better graphics
Yes. Big step up here, altho dynamic lightning was a bit of a flop. But at least, with the level of graphics they have now, they dont need to spend much time in this department and can focus on everything else for Pes20.

All and all - Pes19 had huge potential that at the end did not show. Even now the game feels unfinished, one-dimensional and boring.
AI, randomness and shot variety were the biggest failures of Pes19. Its a great game if you want to play a game every few days, or if you want to play against your mate.
But if you want to play couple of seasons in ML, it will either bore you to death, or AI will break your heart..

I’m back to PES simply because it’s a challenge.

PES 2019 has lots wrong with it but at least I have to think about tactics and players playing out of position.

The other game lets me play centre backs at right back or CDMs as CAMs and it doesn’t change anything.
I am finding this out as I go as well. It's not very noticeable at first because I'm hardly familiar with FIFA. It's still a good and enjoyable game to me though so will be sticking with it for now.

This time of year,just like the start of a new football season is the best time of the year.
I'm obviously hyped for a new release,hope they sort out this one like they did 18.
Not sure if the last part about being hyped was a joke or not, haha!
But I also like this time of the year. All the little leaks and announcements will more or less give us an idea of what to expect.
In example - last year I knew there is nothing huge coming our way. I was mostly hyped because of how it looked. Ball physics, animations and graphics looked like a big step up (which they were in fairness).

So next few months will be interesting and fun.
Still have a tiny bit of hope left that DP5 will somewhat bring back some life in Pes19.
If not, feck it. 17 is keeping me happy.

Not sure if the last part about being hyped was a joke or not, haha!
But I also like this time of the year. All the little leaks and announcements will more or less give us an idea of what to expect.
In example - last year I knew there is nothing huge coming our way. I was mostly hyped because of how it looked. Ball physics, animations and graphics looked like a big step up (which they were in fairness).

So next few months will be interesting and fun.
Still have a tiny bit of hope left that DP5 will somewhat bring back some life in Pes19.
If not, feck it. 17 is keeping me happy.
Im dead serious,always hyped and looking fw to a new Pes ,even though we'll most likely be disappointed (hope not)

Never been on a hype train regarding Fifa ,even though it's the game I play the most right now.
Fingers crossed we'll get a Pes we deserve pal.
Like you said ,there's always Pes 17

Spent a bit of time with this today. I don’t understand how people think it’s better looking than the other game. I personally think PES 2019 is ugly.

The pitches look weird to me. They have patches of mud in some stadiums, you never see that at top level football now.

It’s so bloody stiff as well.

It is unplayable in ML/League/Cup mode. Thai teams are playable ONLY in exhibition mode and none has received any reply from KONAMI, if it is a bug or a matter of database etc.
They are unplayable (invisible) for no or unknown reason at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom