PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Y'all wiggaz can make fun as much as you want,i personally love this shit!
Yeah it's just cosmetic and surely not as important as gameplay of course,but it's important enough if you're a graphics whor* like me and don't even sign players with generic faces.

Same here. When you play several seasons in ML your tolerance for generic faces starts to deteriorate rapidly by season, because you see the same horrific faces in different teams over and over again, only that sometimes they are black, other times they are white. And don't get me started on the generic hair.

And even though a player might have stellar stats and be the best fit for a position my team is in lacking badly, if he doesn't have a scanned face, I am not signing him (I am looking at you – or better: your ugly as shit PES-face – Jovic).

And that Serge Gnabry is the only player with a non-scanned face in my Bayern squad, drives me nuts. I have been looking all over the place for him...

Here we go

D3JHvYGWsAEjUIq

Yeah faces! *sarcasm off

How did they manage to make Ziyech *worse*? Puzzling. For all the crap I give Konami they usually get faces spot on. Not the case here.

Love this game in some moments

Does not look at all realistic. A four man wall with 2 other defenders buzzing from side to side like headless chickens. Player positioning all over the place considering the position of the free kick. Still looks like a game programmed in the 1990's to me. Pes requires a huge investment to bring it up to today's expected standards in the video games industry.

Why even bother with faces for most players... Seems most of the audience uses the same fucking 20-25 players in MyClub anyway. Screw anyone who actively plays this mode (and FUT), you are the problem. This is why football gaming is going nowhere.

Wouldn't even have a problem with faces but they look like sh** in cutscenes anyway with that weird mouth and eye movement. So what's the point of having those (indeed) great "photos" of players?!
Instead of this they should work on the cutscenes and the faces the players make.

Does not look at all realistic. A four man wall with 2 other defenders buzzing from side to side like headless chickens. Player positioning all over the place considering the position of the free kick. Still looks like a game programmed in the 1990's to me. Pes requires a huge investment to bring it up to today's expected standards in the video games industry.
Plus free kick goals seem a lot less impressive when you realise how easy they are because the mechanics are so basic. Every single one is struck absolutely perfectly...

Once you spend an hour or so in free training learning how much curve is applied to the ball and how much power you can use before it goes over the bar with a certain player... You can basically hit postage-stamp top corner every single time.

You have far more control over free kicks and it's easier to score them than penalties. The only way to stop them online inside ~30m is to manually move the keeper and pick a side at the last moment as if it were a penalty!

Yet on actual penalty kicks, if you use even half power then it ends up going to some random part of a 2m wide circle...

As you say, most of the mechanics barely have more complexity than 90s/early 2000s football games...

Plus free kick goals seem a lot less impressive when you realise how easy they are because the mechanics are so basic. Every single one is struck absolutely perfectly...

Once you spend an hour or so in free training learning how much curve is applied to the ball and how much power you can use before it goes over the bar with a certain player... You can basically hit postage-stamp top corner every single time.
That is so true.
Especially comparing to Pes17, where you have so many possibilities. I was amazed how complex free kicks were there, with adjustable curve and height of the ball. They are also reasonably tricky to score, but once you hit a perfect one - you know it was you, not Konami holding your hand and tapping your head..

That is so true.
Especially comparing to Pes17, where you have so many possibilities. I was amazed how complex free kicks were there, with adjustable curve and height of the ball. They are also reasonably tricky to score, but once you hit a perfect one - you know it was you, not Konami holding your hand and tapping your head..

Considering I couldn’t score freekicks for the life of me in past PESses precisely for the reasons you mentioned above, I am quite happy that they dumbed it down a bit and I can have Pogba or Dyballa whip one in in crucial moments.

But I can see how it could become grinding for some. I have this grinding feeling with the high frequency of bicycle kick goals. I scored in three consecutive matches the exact same “spectacular” scissor goal. Yawn.

Considering I couldn’t score freekicks for the life of me in past PESses precisely for the reasons you mentioned above, I am quite happy that they dumbed it down a bit and I can have Pogba or Dyballa whip one in in crucial moments.

But I can see how it could become grinding for some. I have this grinding feeling with the high frequency of bicycle kick goals. I scored in three consecutive matches the exact same “spectacular” scissor goal. Yawn.
I get what you're saying and I remember our conversation about free kicks in 19.
And as much as i agree about old school Pes free kicks, I think 17 had it perfectly balanced. It wasnt obvious that you will score, but once you learned how to go around or above the wall it was still quite probable. There was a nice element of tension there. Great opportunity, but will I or wont I..?
Pes19 once you have some practice and know the player, who is about to kick, id say 8/10 free kicks are goals.. got to the point I wasnt even celebrating free kick goals. And whats the point of the wall in Pes19? All shots go above it anyway.

I get what you're saying and I remember our conversation about free kicks in 19.
And as much as i agree about old school Pes free kicks, I think 17 had it perfectly balanced. It wasnt obvious that you will score, but once you learned how to go around or above the wall it was still quite probable. There was a nice element of tension there. Great opportunity, but will I or wont I..?
Pes19 once you have some practice and know the player, who is about to kick, id say 8/10 free kicks are goals.. got to the point I wasnt even celebrating free kick goals. And whats the point of the wall in Pes19? All shots go above it anyway.
Yeah, especially offline they are just free goals. Even when you don't score then they usually hit the woodwork... You never see any mishits into the middle of the wall or blazed miles over.

There's no skill or satisfaction in this...

I have been playing this game a lot recently and really do enjoy my ML with Stoke City.
You probably won´t believe this, but AI plays very agressive and in one game I had 9 fouls by the AI.
On one day, I had 5 matches in a row and on two of them I was granted a penalty.
AI gets a lot of yellow cards either.

Then this one thing happened:
I use the player Adams as a winger and sometimes as a striker. His rating is 77 and even I like playing with him, he´s not on the first squad...he´s more of a substitute player. But then he has that period where his stats keep developing dramatically and he has that blinking blue arrow, so I put him on the 1st squad.
Match after match he performs well and keeps developing.
And then in one match...he gets tackled hard by the AI and needs to be substituted at once.
After the match I get the news, that he is out for 2 months!!!
What the hell?! But hey...that´s how I love ML cause that adds depth and passion and I frigging felt sorry for Adams.
Plus, I can´t remember when that has happened the last time.

On another match, AI shoots a long range goal where the player took the bouncing ball volley, realizing that my keeper was standing in a bad position. I was like "whaaaaat?" (saved it and gonna upload it soon).

You´re probably wondering how all that is possible? Now I don´t know how many of you are following the edit section in this forum, but this is happening with the gameplay mod.
Firing this game up on the PS4, I´m shocked how limited it is and actually has been kept.

It´s obvious that we need sliders for this and cam settings with a much wider range!
Meanwhile there are tons of gameplay files out, so many for individual likings, which don´t make the game perfect, but make it a lot lot better!
That´s why sliders are the solution for offline console players, as in those files users adjusted physicality, ball speed, keeper agility, AI agression etc.

Btw, those impressions up there and many more happened on full manual, a lower patched gamespeed (feels very realistic) and difficulty regular, but AI is hard on that one, due to the gameplay patch and lowering the difficulty puts the scripting down. I don´t win every match, lose a lot and have draws.
I got kicked out of the FA cup against Man City (that´s another cool thing...big teams actually play better than weaker teams), am struggling on the 16th place in the premier league but reached the knockout phase in CL.

My point is not to hype PC version "master race this and that...", no no, forget that.
My point is that sliders are indispensable for an offline player for this game.

But (please don´t move it to the PC section) if you are an offline player and have the chance to get a decent PC, I recommend you to get that game and mod the hell out of it.
A lot of flaws are still in, but it kills and narrows down so many of them.

Like I said, once in a while I play it on PS4 and feel very sad for the limitation.
KONAMI is cutting down it´s own product, how sad is that?

I have been playing this game a lot recently and really do enjoy my ML with Stoke City.
You probably won´t believe this, but AI plays very agressive and in one game I had 9 fouls by the AI.
On one day, I had 5 matches in a row and on two of them I was granted a penalty.

I use the player Adams as a winger and sometimes as a striker. His rating is 77 and even I like playing with him, he´s not on the first squad...he´s more of a substitute player. But then he has that period where his stats keep developing dramatically and he has that blinking blue arrow, so I put him on the 1st squad.
And then in one match...he gets tackled hard by the AI and needs to be substituted at once.
What the hell?! But hey...that´s how I love ML cause that adds depth and passion and I frigging felt sorry for Adams.

On another match, AI shoots a long range goal where the player took the bouncing ball volley, realizing that my keeper was standing in a bad position. I was like "whaaaaat?" (saved it and gonna upload it soon).

You´re probably wondering how all that is possible? Now I don´t know how many of you are following the edit section in this forum, but this is happening with the gameplay mod.
Firing this game up on the PS4, I´m shocked how limited it is and actually has been kept.

It´s obvious that we need sliders for this and cam settings with a much wider range!
Meanwhile there are tons of gameplay files out, so many for individual likings, which don´t make the game perfect, but make it a lot lot better!
That´s why sliders are the solution for offline console players, as in those files users adjusted physicality, ball speed, keeper agility, AI agression etc.

Btw, those impressions up there and many more happened on full manual, a lower patched gamespeed (feels very realistic) and difficulty regular, but AI is hard on that one, due to the gameplay patch and lowering the difficulty puts the scripting down. I don´t win every match, lose a lot and have draws.
I got kicked out of the FA cup against Man City (that´s another cool thing...big teams actually play better than weaker teams), am struggling on the 16th place in the premier league but reached the knockout phase in CL.

My point is not to hype PC version "master race this and that...", no no, forget that.

But (please don´t move it to the PC section) if you are an offline player and have the chance to get a decent PC, I recommend you to get that game and mod the hell out of it.

Like I said, once in a while I play it on PS4 and feel very sad for the limitation.
Fantastic post.

Many others have already said it, but I always think - if the gameplay can be enhanced so easily on PC (by essentially using "sliders", changing gameplay values up and down), then why can't we do it on PS4 (i.e. give us those damn sliders).

By default, Konami make the game the way it is for a reason. I don't know all the reasons, but I'd imagine myClub is at the heart of it...

^ the AI will shoot from distance only when it's guaranteed to go in. Just dribble out with the keeper to about 40 yards then give it to an attacker, they will shoot and score. The issue with the AI is two fold.
1 It's too perfect as in always looking for the perfect no fail way to score - hence the long shots with empty nets or the more favourable wing attack, square pass, top corner
2 its too stupid to realise its through on goal and a real player would run with the feking ball and not lay it off out wide
Regarding fouls on ps4 there are more than 18 but you still get games with 0 fouls. Pes 17 was far better
What I would like to know is with the pc patches does it vary the AI finishes or are the majority still top corner thunderbolts

Yeah, especially offline they are just free goals. Even when you don't score then they usually hit the woodwork... You never see any mishits into the middle of the wall or blazed miles over.

There's no skill or satisfaction in this...
A once so very strong pillar of the series, imo!!
It’s now soulless and generic.
Edit: i spend more time in free kick training than in the edit section back when it was awesome! ;)

As @Emroth said: that „will I, won’t I“ feeling is gone.

It's nice that they update kits for National teams and the brazilian ones until you realise the squads are HEAVILY outdated anyway...

What mods exactly?

Makes sense to wait till all updates are finished so I don't have to keep reapplying them in case the update breaks them right?

What mods exactly?

Makes sense to wait till all updates are finished so I don't have to keep reapplying them in case the update breaks them right?

The dt_18 mods by @incas36 (and others) are version agnostic. You just replace a package file inside the "Data" folder that is responsible for some of the AI behaviors. Obviously, some of them might be designed for a different .exe version and play differently under versions they haven't been created for, but in general there are no issues.

Damn, the detail on Ampadu's hair. Konami could've just said "bollocks are we modeling that, we got your money, be pleased with his generic face."

In the department of supporting the game this heavily post release, compared to EA they trumph them. Just wish i was 16 years old again when i was obsessed with obscure or young players from around the world getting faces so i could buy them in my ML.

So, 1 day to go and not a single hint about any gameplay fixes. Typical.
But I recon there's gonna be gameplay fix, coz one of the fan(?) pages on twitter announced most of the DataPack updates before they were officially announced by Konami. And they were bang on in what they said.
They did mention gameplay fix as well.

So, 1 day to go and not a single hint about any gameplay fixes. Typical.
But I recon there's gonna be gameplay fix, coz one of the fan(?) pages on twitter announced most of the DataPack updates before they were officially announced by Konami. And they were bang on in what they said.
They did mention gameplay fix as well.
what gameplay fixes were mentioned ?

I shouldn’t let the faces wind me up but they do.

Whilst people on Twitter lap them up, which they do - then Konami think this is enough to keep us all content.

I’m sick and tired to people getting excited over a face of a footballer. It’s just...weird!

Give us stadiums! Better pitches! Stuff to do in Master League.

And for god sake, give us menus that don’t look like a game on the Amiga 500.

And for god sake, give us menus that don’t look like a game on the Amiga 500.
As much as I really wanted proper menus in Pes, it was up to a point, where gameplay didnt need crazy amount of attention..

Now Im starting to be afraid that if people keep shouting for menus, they will indeed focus on menus, leaving the rest as it is - in bits...

So as much as new menus are badly needed - at this point, after such a clusterfuck of an edition - gameplay is an absolute priority to me..

well I've installed the Quebec with gabe so will give this a try - very easy process (thanks for the great work, incas36) - seems good in exh mode.

Any suggestions to update team names/kits/logos on PC that would avoid me having to reinstall PES each time an update comes out and maintains online functions?

[I tried importing the PES World files that I used for PS4 but got errors.]

Back
Top Bottom