PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Spent a bit of time with this today. I don’t understand how people think it’s better looking than the other game. I personally think PES 2019 is ugly.

The pitches look weird to me. They have patches of mud in some stadiums, you never see that at top level football now.

It’s so bloody stiff as well.
Even though I like playing FIFA (and it's the only football game I play atm) that game looks bad in my eyes Vs Pes 19.
Stadiums aren't up to par,most PL stadiums (which I know you play) have tons of grey concrete parts that aren't there IRL (often covered with ads etc).
Muddy pitches,guess PL have pitch perfect carpets,and most top teams in the rest of the top 5 leagues,but the rest of the footballing world doesn't!

At the same time,FIFA's pitches/stadiums/looks doesn't bother me, it's how it plays that matters.
But looks,I'll give that to Pes by a country mile,and player movements as well

I'm looking forward to your faces announcements in the coming weeks, @ThomasGOAL ! :LOL:
lol, just wait few days Emroth and you will be satisfied :D

It is unplayable in ML/League/Cup mode. Thai teams are playable ONLY in exhibition mode and none has received any reply from KONAMI, if it is a bug or a matter of database etc.
They are unplayable (invisible) for no or unknown reason at the moment.
No League and Cup mode ? :SHOCK:

lol, just wait few days Emroth and you will be satisfied :D

No League and Cup mode ? :SHOCK:
Not at all . No Master League, no League, no Cup, not even KONAMI Cup/League. That's why i asked if it is trolling. Troling not from you but from the developers.

I do not know if you have contacts or inside info, but if you have, try to ask a question about why Thai-League is "locked", cause nobody has received any response

Sorry, couldn't help but share this one. Was casually lurking WePes subreddit yesterday, when I run into this gem of an user:

reddit.jpg

Just the first three posts, but his whole history is filled with aggressive, pathetic all-out "defenses" on that same tone or even worse.

Wondering how many propaganda minions like this account are out there..

Sorry, couldn't help but share this one. Was casually lurking WePes subreddit yesterday, when I run into this gem of an user:

Just the first three posts, but his whole history is filled with aggressive, pathetic all-out "defenses" on that same tone or even worse.

Wondering how many propaganda minions like this account are out there..
Well, on the one hand, he's entitled to his opinions, and that's fair enough. There's nothing wrong with loving a game. As long as you're not telling other people they're not allowed to have a negative opinion (just as nobody can tell him he's not allowed a positive opinion), or telling people that your opinions are "facts" and that they're all wrong or stupid for disagreeing.

On the other hand, I struggle with this kind of thing, especially as a moderator. There was a user here (who was banned for some of the behaviour I've just mentioned) and every post of his would end with a variation of "it's the best ever, enjoy!" Stretching back through every PES game from the last five years or something - and you just think... Why are you bothering to post if your contribution adds nothing to the discussion?

I mean, sure, say what you like, but... The posts never changed, and he only appeared when someone said they didn't like the game, to assure them they were using the wrong settings, or playing the game wrong, or just couldn't appreciate greatness and didn't know what "real football" is because PES "has a soul". (Urrrrgggghhhh.) In-fact, I'm wondering if that's the same guy...

But I must confess, I get angry about those guys who are blind to criticism of the game - and I blame them entirely when certain issues aren't fixed, because if tons of us shout "Konami, this bit of the game is rubbish/broken" and just a few of these guys say "no it's not, there is literally nothing wrong with this game", then I guarantee nobody at Konami will ever look into it because they will point to those few guys and say "these guys are fine with it so it's not a problem".

(I'm talking about the "higher-ups" there by the way, not the guys who run the social media accounts etc. who see - and log - and report - everything. I'm talking about further down the chain.)

Last edited:
Well, on the one hand, he's entitled to his opinions, and that's fair enough. There's nothing wrong with loving a game. As long as you're not telling other people they're not allowed to have a negative opinion (just as nobody can tell him he's not allowed a positive opinion), or telling people that your opinions are "facts" and that they're all wrong or stupid for disagreeing.

On the other hand, I struggle with this kind of thing, especially as a moderator. There was a user here (who was banned for some of the behaviour I've just mentioned) and every post of his would end with a variation of "it's the best ever, enjoy!" Stretching back through every PES game from the last five years or something - and you just think... Why are you bothering to post if your contribution adds nothing to the discussion?

I mean, sure, say what you like, but... The posts never changed, and he only appeared when someone said they didn't like the game, to assure them they were using the wrong settings, or playing the game wrong, or just couldn't appreciate greatness and didn't know what "real football" is because PES "has a soul". (Urrrrgggghhhh.) In-fact, I'm wondering if that's the same guy...

But I must confess, I get angry about those guys who are blind to criticism of the game - and I blame them entirely when certain issues aren't fixed, because if tons of us shout "Konami, this bit of the game is rubbish/broken" and just a few of these guys say "no it's not, there is literally nothing wrong with this game", then I guarantee nobody at Konami will ever look into it because they will point to those few guys and say "these guys are fine with it so it's not a problem".

(I'm talking about the "higher-ups" there by the way, not the guys who run the social media accounts etc. who see - and log - and report - everything. It's further down the chain.)
As I am searching recently a “situation” I had with Gerd in 2018 topic , I was trapped in the discussions in the promo-period of 2018 and I think I know which member you mean, the one who stated that the shooting variation is not flawed in pes, it is all fault of players using basic shooting settings instead of advanced!!! This guy is banned now but for a diabolical coincidence, from being one of us , just loving the game too much and can’t find negatives, he was found in the PES2019 playtests last summer. Just a coincidence I repeat! :)

And this year we had an other guy in promo period , who had a marketing status in official pes to be honest, who was banned too.

I am of the most democratic types in the world ,but in my opinion these type of marketers survive much time then they should. I know they don’t do anything of the obvious violations like verbal abuse etc to be warned but they do an invisible type of “innocent propaganda”, which I cannot think whose target is, cause anyone over 5 years old cannot be tricked by empty promises like this.

Of course I don't have a single problem with people who enjoy the game and genuinely talks about it. For example there are classy users here who still find fun in Pes 2019 who I'd never dare to annoy with critics or confronts, or much less with their rights to be happy with the game and share it. Sorry, needed to specify it too :) .

(I'm talking about the "higher-ups" there by the way, not the guys who run the social media accounts etc. who see - and log - and report - everything.)

Yes, exactly.. the problem is that scripted (:DD) patronizing attitude towards whoever try to point out real problems. If we want to simplify it, these kind of guys are out there essentially working actively for stuff to not be fixed or looked at. Depressing.

Reminds me strongly of the same user too, by the way :LOL:..

It is unplayable in ML/League/Cup mode. Thai teams are playable ONLY in exhibition mode and none has received any reply from KONAMI, if it is a bug or a matter of database etc.
They are unplayable (invisible) for no or unknown reason at the moment.

Are you sure you can't just swap around the Thai teams with teams in a different league (ie.in Edit options > Competition Structure, or something like that) and then play with them in modes other than exhibition?

Are you sure you can't just swap around the Thai teams with teams in a different league (ie.in Edit options > Competition Structure, or something like that) and then play with them in modes other than exhibition?
You can swap them with the PAS teams, but you loose the fake Asian teams which in my OF I invested too much time to edit and you must import Thai League and cup logo, so you waste two image spots for two logos that are already in game.
I mean this is the shortcut to play them, but since it is a full licensed league does it make any sense to go around all this situation?

This game is too shallow. I get bored when I play it.

I think I’m in a place now where artificial stuff like lots of Stadia, good graphics, proper commentary etc matter to me now, as superficial as that sounds.

We’re in 2019. Konami games feel so dated and sparse now. They’re lagging behind the rest of the industry really badly and I can’t ever see them catching up because there’s something in the water over at Konami HQ.

The good PES times are a distant memory now. We will never get those days back.

I'm looking forward to your faces announcements in the coming weeks, @ThomasGOAL ! :LOL:
Surprise surprise !
D3EAlW-X4AI-S3q.jpg

Data Pack 5.0 (April 4th)

Last edited:
Is it comfirmed that there will be a gameplay patch or is it just speculation?
I really hope they fix long range shooting. Can't believe they don't do anything about it.
Why did they even make it that worse? I remember it was better before the patches.

By the way has anyone also noticed that every Goalkeeper feels the same? I don't think there is a difference between Ter Stegen and a Goalkeeper from a low English or Scottish Team.
I play against those teams often as a lot of manual guys play lower teams in online divisions. I'm still not able to score from outside of the box against them.

As much as i "love" faces updates, these are long time requested and shouted for players by the community. Sounds suspicious to me. This whole DP5 is Aprils Fools joke, lads.. :LOL:

On serious note tho - thats their last chance to save this game. If we dont see big changes from AI, we can close the Book of Pes19.
There might be some small tweaks after that, but small tweaks wont save it unless DP5 changes things drastically.

I'll be watching this thread carefully this week.

Last edited:

I think I’m in a place now where artificial stuff like lots of Stadia, good graphics, proper commentary etc matter to me now, as superficial as that sounds.

We’re in 2019. Konami games feel so dated and sparse now. They’re lagging behind the rest of the industry really badly and I can’t ever see them catching up because there’s something in the water over at Konami HQ.

Earlier I downloaded PES4 with Wolf patch (there's a thread here) and it's so fun, plays quite like PES6 but is slower and more difficult and it is everything PES19 isn't. Headers work, long shots work, good players instantly stand out and do things normal players don't. AI are tough to beat and interesting to play and teams play differently. Heard someone say they don't wanna play people online in any game as people just exploit and ruin games. They instead want a fun artificial world to inhabit and fun ai, I so agree.

(I'm talking about the "higher-ups" there by the way, not the guys who run the social media accounts etc. who see - and log - and report - everything. I'm talking about further down the chain.)
Lol M. Night Shyamalan plot twist..
IT WAS THE SAME GUY!!

They bang this shit over at Konami's HQ all day long lol.:DD

Good song by the way.It's in Fifa 19 soundtrack.
Another thing that Fifa always has nice and lots of soundtracks.
In Pes always few songs and trash most of the time.
At least on pc you can add any soundtracks you want and i have @predator002 's great list.

They bang this shit over at Konami's HQ all day long lol.:DD

Good song by the way.It's in Fifa 19 soundtrack.
Another thing that Fifa always has nice and lots of soundtracks.
In Pes always few songs and trash most of the time.
At least on pc you can add any soundtracks you want and i have @predator002 's great list.
I don’t mind the stuff I can fix myself like the OST. same is true with licenses.
But what I can’t do is change the gameplay. That’s their part. Sad enough; I edit stuff on my own.

Please get this kinda right this time. Train... roll on!! :)

Surprise surprise !
D3EAlW-X4AI-S3q.jpg

Data Pack 5.0 (April 4th)
Y'all wiggaz can make fun as much as you want,i personally love this shit!
Nainggolan and Umtiti will look class now in my team in myClub.
One thing that one must admit is that they nail it with faces.Especially in the last two years.
They even take care of the neck length realistic measurements so players look like in real life.
They don't put this attention to things like these in the other game.
Yeah it's just cosmetic and surely not as important as gameplay of course,but it's important enough if you're a graphics whor* like me and don't even sign players with generic faces.

DP 5 will surely come with a gameplay patch as always.Let's see.
For 18 the last patch was a very good thing.I have a good feeling about this also.

I agree that they look good. Especially Nainggolan looks savage.
What I dont like is that they mainly focus on them, when announcing DataPacks.
Now this is probably directive from above. Konami doesnt like to admit that they have to fix gameplay.
I still wish they were more like EA with their pitch notes, examples, etc. So after each patch we dont have to spend couple of weeks trying to figure out if and what they changed..

Come back to this after a break with hope for the new patch. The AI is still horrific.
Always looking for the wings in attack 8/10 times low cross
Doesn't realise when it's through on goal and looks to lay off
Minimal physicality

Just compare Argentina v brazil top player on this v pes 2017

Back
Top Bottom