PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@rockstrongo @Emroth

@slamsoze

And anyone else that can help.

I’m finding ML Top Player quite straight forward now. I play default controls, not FUMA, is this why?

I want to stick with Challenge - but Superstar makes me nervous :LOL:
I'd either go professional on PAO it step up to SS and PA1 (which you are on right?)
And don't be afraid to switch between difficulty either,if you feel a shit storm from kick off (you won't enjoy it no matter what you do) turn off,start the game with a different difficulty,cheating or not,it's about you enjoying it.

@rockstrongo @Emroth

Thanks for the replies :)

I think I’m going to start a fresh ML on Challenge, SS, choose the worst Championship side and see where the journey takes me, like the old PES days.

Maybe one day I’ll be offered a Premier League job? Does this still happen?

ZIni8Ad.jpg

Source

@rockstrongo @Emroth

@slamsoze

And anyone else that can help.

I’m finding ML Top Player quite straight forward now. I play default controls, not FUMA, is this why?

I want to stick with Challenge - but Superstar makes me nervous :LOL:

Superstar is a bulldozer. Top and Prof are more similar, it seems there is an Adaptive difficulty applied, where in Prof the script will pressure you for a while, while in TopP it will press you until it destroys you. What i mean is, when the game wants you to concede, it will do it no matter of level at least for Prof and TopP. At least from my personal experience, PRof difficulty just have more balanced football played but more clear victories for you 3-0 and over when the "script switch" is turned off.

I played 4 matches today, all in February after window, with 90TS and improved roster through transfers. In my first match against the last team of the league table, and on road to my 5th consecutive win, i was demolished 2-5!!! With extremely cynical stats, shots on target 10 (me) VS 6 (cpu), possession 60-40 and GK saves 0-9!!! Honestly in 4 of 5 CPU goals, my UP-form arrow GK was bending backwards, like Neo was bending in the first Matrix movie when he avoided the bullets, letting the ball go slowly to my goalpost above his head.
In the second match against the 4th team of the table (Bayer), i was 5th, i lost 1-2 to Bayer, again 2 shots 2 goals for cpu. There was a so strong force field among my players, i was inputting commands and they were trembling, in such a degree, for a moment i thought that my PS4pro is stuttering. After these two games, i made two comfortable wins 1-0 and 3-1 and in the first week of March against a BvB, that was 1st in the League and undefeated, i scrapped a 1-0, but the only effect was, they went 2nd position and Bayern passed to the 1st position. I am still 5th with the first 4 spots being occupied by Bayern BvB, Schalke, Bayer.

What i want to conclude is , despite the "recent" script of TS, difficulty etc, additionally there is still the old ML "script" or "trick", i remember this since PES 3 at least, where when you start to threaten some teams, everything goes wrong for you. You win a match, everyone tailing you or being tailed by you is winning too, you draw a match, the rest teams bring draws. There is a weird entropy that is trying to keep a "mysterious" balance in ML. It seems that all this mess was occurred,so i went from point blank to safer spot, a -5/-7 difference in the league table.
I believe the difficulty is more situational and plot driven then related to settings. I am playing also with basic settings, Semi-assisted cursor, PA1, basic shoot/ through pass, just changed my auto-sliding to semi-assisted from manual, which i think are similar to your settings. Finally if you play FuMA, it is just supposed that CPU is also playing FuMA, which i highly doubt has any serious impact on their passing and goal scoring statistics.

Last edited:
@rockstrongo @Emroth

Thanks for the replies :)

I think I’m going to start a fresh ML on Challenge, SS, choose the worst Championship side and see where the journey takes me, like the old PES days.

Maybe one day I’ll be offered a Premier League job? Does this still happen?

If you are skilled enough, i believe in the end of first round you will run a 4W-10D-7L in Superstar. :)
But i wish you the best. :P :P
If you are waiting for offers, the AI awareness will disappoint you. You can be the worst 1st Division manager and accept offers from AC MILAN, PSG etc just for the shake of 1st division , while you can be 1st and best team in a 2nd division and the offers delivered to you will be from 2nd DIV tier teams and some Chilean.

P.S.: But as changing teams as manager is in infant mode since 2014, and maybe even worse than in 2015 and 2016 (not a big issue), you can always make a request to join almost any team you like as a manager, with a high rate of success. No matter any good or bad results of yours.

Superstar is a bulldozer. Top and Prof are more similar, it seems there is an Adaptive difficulty applied, where in Prof the script will pressure you for a while, while in TopP it will press you until it destroys you. What i mean is, when the game wants you to concede, it will do it no matter of level at least for Prof and TopP. At least from my personal experience, PRof difficulty just have more balanced football played but more clear victories for you 3-0 and over when the "script switch" is turned off.

I played 4 matches today, all in February after window, with 90TS and improved roster through transfers. In my first match against the last team of the league table, and on road to my 5th consecutive win, i was demolished 2-5!!! With extremely cynical stats, shots on target 10 (me) VS 6 (cpu), possession 60-40 and GK saves 0-9!!! Honestly in 4 of 5 CPU goals, my UP-form arrow GK was bending backwards, like Neo was bending in the first Matrix movie when he avoided the bullets, letting the ball go slowly to my goalpost above his head.
In the second match against the 4th team of the table (Bayer), i was 5th, i lost 1-2 to Bayer, again 2 shots 2 goals for cpu. There was a so strong force field among my players, i was inputting commands and they were trembling, in such a degree, for a moment i thought that my PS4pro is stuttering. After these two games, i made two comfortable wins 1-0 and 3-1 and in the first week of March against a BvB, that was 1st in the League and undefeated, i scrapped a 1-0, but the only effect was, they went 2nd position and Bayern passed to the 1st position. I am still 5th with the first 4 spots being occupied by Bayern BvB, Schalke, Bayer.

What i want to conclude is , despite the "recent" script of TS, difficulty etc, additionally there is still the old ML "script" or "trick", i remember this since PES 3 at least, where when you start to threaten some teams, everything goes wrong for you. You win a match, everyone tailing you or being tailed by you is winning too, you draw a match, the rest teams bring draws. There is a weird entropy that is trying to keep a "mysterious" balance in ML.It seems that all this mess was occurred,so i went from point blank to safer spot, a -7 difference in the league table.
I believe the difficulty is more situational and plot driven then related to settings. I am playing also with basic settings, Semi-assisted cursor, PA1, basic shoot/ through pass, just changed my auto-sliding to semi-assisted from manual, which i think are similar to your settings. Finally if you play FuMA, it is just supposed that CPU is also playing FuMA, which i highly doubt has any serious impact on their passing and goal scoring statistics.
Fucking Spot On, pal. Its exactly how it is!!

"Old Pes" script was there as long as I can remember.
The difference between Pes19 and previous Pes games is that back in the day, when AI was having their Super Sayan moments, they were scoring an unstoppable screamer from distance, or crazy solo run, or they had a long lob pass to unmarked striker. Frustrating, but shit happens. Shit like this happens in real life football and you can swallow it.

In Pes19 AI doesnt do solo runs, doesnt shoot from distance, or have any sort of creativity. So when AI is going full Songoku on Pes19, they start this series of string laser passes, that go inches away from our defenders feet and there is sweet fuck all we can do about it due to our players zombie-awarness.

As much as "script" and AI momentum was always there, this year it feels more forced and cheated than ever. Absolutely head wrecking.

The way the AI defends in this game makes new wanna bang my head against the wall.

There's no reward for beating a defender. No matter what direction they're facing, no matter which direction their momentum is taking them, they'll catch you in 3 steps no matter how fast you are.

I'm tired of it.

They had problems because they didn't see custom cameras as a priority, they didn't even try. The reason why they didn't manage to improve offline modes like Master is simple, they don't care. Or, even if they care, is at the bottom of their priorities, while it should be at top right after gameplay.

They have their priorities all wrong. I should say i think from our point of view they have wrong priorities, but they are simply focusing on what earns them lots of money, Myclub.

People who buy Pes for offline modes buy it only once, while Myclub players can potentially spend 3 or 4 times that amount thanks to coins.

I understand this but i can't accept it because it's thanks to offline players that Pes became relevant, so they should focus on offline as much, or even more than online.
Dont’t make custom cameras because it is not priority? Its ridiculous. Make custom cameras it take maybe 7 days working. What are you talking about? Make better atmosphere during the match including good enough chants maybe 1-2 months. Menus? How mamy time for good editor? 1 month? Its not about priority but whole product. It should be in game in 2019 year because it standards.

Last edited:
Basically with distance shoots being almost "verboten" in 2018-2019, while playing some 2015 last week, this came as a relief. It was a usuall goal back then, but i celebrated it with my soul nowadays. As the season passes i find my pes 2019 stiff, repeatitive and very souless. The biggest proof, i have saved more than 100 cpu-AI goals (low cross, tap-in), while my personal saved highlights are not more than 15~20.
I am missing goals like this

Dont’t make custom cameras because it is not priority? Its ridiculous. Make custom cameras it take maybe 7 days working. What are you talking about? Make better atmosphere during the match including good enough chants maybe 1-2 months. Menus? How mamy time for good editor? 1 month? Its not about priority but whole product. It should be in game in 2019 year because it standards.
Dude you are asking for staff that you and me deserve, but it does annoy very much the current target group of PES customers.
Do you know what is the most common complain from MyClub players? I have read many comments with complaints of them about the rain, the snow, the long grass,the matches in sunlight daytime, the replays, the celebrations and the cutscenes. I was really shocked to discover that many of them use to block other people because of using weather effects other then night/fine. Very true story!

Basically with distance shoots being almost "verboten" in 2018-2019, while playing some 2015 last week, this came as a relief. It was a usuall goal back then, but i celebrated it with my soul nowadays. As the season passes i find my pes 2019 stiff, repeatitive and very souless. The biggest proof, i have saved more than 100 cpu-AI goals (low cross, tap-in), while my personal saved highlights are not more than 15~20.
I am missing goals like this
Played a few games last week,still like 15 a lot,looked a bit strange on my Xbox though (4k HDR) but a fun game

And like you pointed out @slamsoze shooting in 15 is really good,the last game with proper manual passing,and even PA1 is very good
Yeah, as a PA1 player I noticed that from 2012 to 2019 and especially after 2017 the PA1 is every new year more and more assisted.
I would challenge anyone who bought that pass is free as a bird this year, to give a try to string 5 consecutive passes under pressure, like we ping-pong in 2019. In 15 during the first bad input or bad ball receive , you will see the ball travelling to Aether.
And my main point is not to compare two games. It is to show that the mechanics existed inside PES dna. It is the same generation, same engine, same console. Can’t understand why passing or shooting must be dictated so much by CPU “assistance”

Yeah, as a PA1 player I noticed that from 2012 to 2019 and especially after 2017 the PA1 is every new year more and more assisted.
I would challenge anyone who bought that pass is free as a bird this year, to give a try to string 5 consecutive passes under pressure, like we ping-pong in 2019. In 15 during the first bad input or bad ball receive , you will see the ball travelling to Aether.
I remember struggling a lot when playing Pes 15,almost got relegated my first season with Torino.
Also first game you could get fired on.
I always return to it every now and then.
I've owned 4 copies that game,one 360 version (with great editing options ) then I wore out two discs,could start them,and I picked up a copy for €3 a year or so ago.
Great game

I missed 15. I actually missed 14,15,16 and 17 coz my daughter was born. Longest Pes'less period in my life. I had almost all others, apart of 08, but from what Ive read I didnt miss much.
So imagine my surprise, when went to play 18 after such a good 13. I thought Master League will blow me away. Instead I found not only ZERO new features, but the whole mode shaved like some creepy poodle.
shaved-poodle.jpg

One good thing is that Player Awarness seems to be affecting online a lot as well.
i see plenty of posts with clips, where players ignore the ball, or running into AI team mates.
So at least this might get fixed.
Dont think there is any hope to get more complex AI this year.
So much hype over this rising and dipping shots and I haven't seen a single one done by AI. Unreal..
Pes19 will be remembered as one with great potential and one of the worst AI's in the series.

In the meantime im having a great fun on 18, 5W3D1L.

Fucking Spot On, pal. Its exactly how it is!!

"Old Pes" script was there as long as I can remember.
The difference between Pes19 and previous Pes games is that back in the day, when AI was having their Super Sayan moments, they were scoring an unstoppable screamer from distance, or crazy solo run, or they had a long lob pass to unmarked striker. Frustrating, but shit happens. Shit like this happens in real life football and you can swallow it.

In Pes19 AI doesnt do solo runs, doesnt shoot from distance, or have any sort of creativity. So when AI is going full Songoku on Pes19, they start this series of string laser passes, that go inches away from our defenders feet and there is sweet fuck all we can do about it due to our players zombie-awarness.

As much as "script" and AI momentum was always there, this year it feels more forced and cheated than ever. Absolutely head wrecking.

Sums up pretty much exactly why I've ditched 19 and stuck with 18.

18 had the usual amount of PES cheating but if you can look beyond it, there's some superb football in there. I am simply unable to overlook the cheating and 1-dimensional nature of the AI in 19. It completely smothers the game and the term "game-breaking" is absolutely fitting.

I'm not saying those are not priorities for me, i want camera customization, better menus,editors as much as you want them but
don't ask me. Me too, i don't know why they take some decisions but it's quite clear they aren't even trying to improve those areas.

I missed 15. I actually missed 14,15,16 and 17 coz my daughter was born. Longest Pes'less period in my life. I had almost all others, apart of 08, but from what Ive read I didnt miss much.
So imagine my surprise, when went to play 18 after such a good 13. I thought Master League will blow me away. Instead I found not only ZERO new features, but the whole mode shaved like some creepy poodle.
View attachment 12891

One good thing is that Player Awarness seems to be affecting online a lot as well.
i see plenty of posts with clips, where players ignore the ball, or running into AI team mates.
So at least this might get fixed.
Dont think there is any hope to get more complex AI this year.
So much hype over this rising and dipping shots and I haven't seen a single one done by AI. Unreal..
Pes19 will be remembered as one with great potential and one of the worst AI's in the series.

In the meantime im having a great fun on 18, 5W3D1L.
If you find a dirt cheap copy of 15&17 it's well worth revisiting those.
15 had very good shooting,and a tough game
My personal favourite among the modern games are Def 17
Played it to death

Interesting, I actually thought it would have been more than 14% but I guess that's because I play most of the other leagues outside of EPL and PES has a decent amount of faces in the Turkish league, Argentina Super league etc. I will say though that I think PES faces are much higher quality than FIFA in general.

edit: just saw it said 5 major leagues :BRICK: silly me

If you find a dirt cheap copy of 15&17 it's well worth revisiting those.
15 had very good shooting,and a tough game
My personal favourite among the modern games are Def 17
Played it to death
PES 2017 was an amazing game.

Anyone know if there’s an option file for this on PS4 with latest squads and kits? I would be all over that.

Watching Liverpool - Watford match, with the wind being a bit of a tit at times, I would really like to have a wind option for matches. Could cause really fun random havoc on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom