PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I like the the TS (especially on 16)
I also like the fact that It takes time to school a new player if his tactical knowledge are different from how you play.
The only time I don't is when starting at a new team with players that have been together for a long time,and has low TS even if you don't change anything
Yeah I like it too.Teamwork before and TeamSpirit now were always the factor that separated Master League from a common league.The immersion that game after game ,a group of players improve their cooperation, not only their individual stats.

Does anyone play on Challenge?

I’m yet to see how it’s any different? I’m still getting the same messages from my owner in Classic that I was when I played Challenge.

Does anyone play on Challenge?

I’m yet to see how it’s any different? I’m still getting the same messages from my owner in Classic that I was when I played Challenge.
The only difference for me is that the transfer-success possibility is minus 2 bars for everyone. And the ability of owner to fire you.The rest seem the same.

After dozens of seasons, still waiting for a team to come and grab a key player of mine, by activating his release clause, without any success :( And this is the only reason I play on challenge, cause I want my best players to be grabbed. :(

The only difference for me is that the transfer-success possibility is minus 2 bars for everyone. And the ability of owner to fire you.The rest seem the same.

After dozens of seasons, still waiting for a team to come and grab a key player of mine, by activating his release clause, without any success :( And this is the only reason I play on challenge, cause I want my best players to be grabbed. :(
Thanks for the explanation.

Do you play on Superstar? Ever been sacked?

Thinking of starting a Ligue 1 Career on Challenge.

I dont think Challenge will make ML more interesting overall. Its, again, poorly implemented. It only supposed to put you under pressure from the boss and (possibly) sack you.
It doesnt affect other players or teams and how they interact with you.
To me, it can only mean extra frustration, if I spent few seasons building a team for the future and get sacked coz I didnt get FA cup or some shite. Thanks but no thanks.

Funnily enough - on Pes18 I played "classic" ML and after getting promoted to first division - my TWO main strikers told me that they are leaving and there is fuck all I can do about it. I was fuming.. :LOL:

Anyhow, @Mikhail , no point playing something that only annoys you. SS was also stressing me out, so I dropped to prof. On manual Prof is giving me enough challenge and most importantly - its fun, as I can play the ball around, sometimes do few tricks and so on.
Afterall - its all about fun, right?

Thanks for the explanation.

Do you play on Superstar? Ever been sacked?

Thinking of starting a Ligue 1 Career on Challenge.
Nope I am on TopPlayer since the beginning. It is the last border between Simulation and video game, at least for my taste , but I think this is optional and up to what everyone expects.
Not fired this year, got fired many times in 2018. I have a feeling, just from reading other members experience posts here, that this year is a little bit more difficult to get fired, only personal assumption.
I had a very balanced season in league 2 with Paris FC winning promotion as first in the end. It was nice cause every team was 2*-2,5*. In Ligue 1 PSG spammed almost everything.

Last edited:
I simply told him that if ML really is greatly improved i will buy the game again, otherwise no.

This year felt like Konami disappointed me more than ever when they not only didn't improve ML, they even made it worse because of D2 leagues being removed.

I simply told him that if ML really is greatly improved i will buy the game again, otherwise no.

This year felt like Konami disappointed me more than ever when they not only didn't improve ML, they even made it worse because of D2 leagues being removed.
I honestly dont think Konami heads were aware how important D2's are for ML.
They didnt see such a bashing coming.
Even if, like they say, they monitored what leagues people are playing, and their results showed D2's are not that popular, people still needed D2 for immersion.
I always played spanish or italian teams, but I simply cant do it long term this year, because of no team rotation and no drama at the bottom of the table.
League cup without Division 2 teams is also ridiculous.
This is first Pes ever Im playing ML in EPL.
Started few in Italy and Spain but i simply cant stick with it long term.
Same goes to all other leagues. If there is no D2 - its not worth playing for me.
There should be D2 in every single league, even fake one. Or an option to pick some teams and add D2, so we could create it ourselves.
IF i get pes20 (second hand and after a while, when its patched, as im expecting same mess next year) it will be mainly because of D2's.

Anyone see PSG-ManU last night? Classic PES stuff. United had 3 goals from 4 shots. I tell you this was scripted, lol.

Anyway I am back from beautiful Sri Lanka (no football, just cricket on every corner) and itching to continue my ML? Anything important happened in the last 3 weeks? I heard the new update should be avoided?

Anyone see PSG-ManU last night? Classic PES stuff. United had 3 goals from 4 shots. I tell you this was scripted, lol.

Anyway I am back from beautiful Sri Lanka (no football, just cricket on every corner) and itching to continue my ML? Anything important happened in the last 3 weeks? I heard the new update should be avoided?
It's not 100% PES, cause in PES this happens in a match PSG vs Ratchaburi Mitrphol

I hope they release PES later this year and ensure it’s not released in the state that it was last year.

I hate this early release bs they push out now. Just to beat Fifa, but it’s never ready.

I honestly dont think Konami heads were aware how important D2's are for ML.
They didnt see such a bashing coming.
Even if, like they say, they monitored what leagues people are playing, and their results showed D2's are not that popular, people still needed D2 for immersion.
I always played spanish or italian teams, but I simply cant do it long term this year, because of no team rotation and no drama at the bottom of the table.
League cup without Division 2 teams is also ridiculous.
This is first Pes ever Im playing ML in EPL.
Started few in Italy and Spain but i simply cant stick with it long term.
Same goes to all other leagues. If there is no D2 - its not worth playing for me.
There should be D2 in every single league, even fake one. Or an option to pick some teams and add D2, so we could create it ourselves.
IF i get pes20 (second hand and after a while, when its patched, as im expecting same mess next year) it will be mainly because of D2's.
They tried. But the backlash not only from fans, but also reviews mentioning the poor offline modes is forcing them to make something, hopefully.

Returned and played a few games on 19.
First few league games,quite alright!
Then it was time for CL action Vs a 70ish overall Dynamo Zagreb.
Unplayable.
Stole the ball all the time,had a 91'% passing percentage.
My open chances (a fast through ball down the flank) all got slowed down ,so the CPU could get in position to defend.
My players stumbling around not reacting as they should do etc etc etc.
I know CL/EL are cheaty as fuck,but this...

Nope I'm going back and take my long balls in Pes 18,or I'm giving the other game a go again,can't deal with this
Game speed/difficulty doesn't matter,it all plays crap
Domestic competition is fine gameplay wise,but Euro...rubbish

As elitists we are, we always try to find ways to enjoyo the game, but the sad and hard to accept truth is this game is broken for offline modes. Game is heavily scripted, probably the most scripted ever. Lower teams get heavily boosted when our team plays better, so there´s always a challenge. TBH, I don´t know what´s the good answer here... I hated PES 5 and 6 in this area, because when we had a good team, we would never loose, and it would become boring after a few good seasons. But this kind of challenge we have now? This is too much! Simply unnaceptable.

Stats don´t matter anymore. I can´t believe that the one thing that brought this franchise to sucess, is the one they removed.

They keep removing things while they claim to add more and more things that by experience, don´t work. It doesn´t matter how deep the game is, if it doesn´t work. Tactics should have way more impact. A 5 star team with a proper tactic should be pretty much unbeatable (talking CPU here). Same way, a weak team with a good tactic, should give some challenge, but nowhere near the 5 star team.

Shite, give me dynamic managers... CPU should change managers here and there, and the teams should play according to each manager mentality. That should decide outcomes, not the fact that my team is stronger now so Rotherham has to play on steroids against me simply because I must loose.

Stop with this BS already! It´s enough now. Start working properly or get a FKing job that suits your intelligence! I know that somehow you guys at Konami have to get clients for online modes and all. What I don´t get, is how you think that is going to work forever, when you don´t even have a proper game to lauch! This should be punished by law! You pricks, selling broken and unfinished products for the full price. How is this the same price of GTA´s and RDR2´s and Witcher 3´s it just baffles my mind!

Another kit maker has announced they're not doing 2020. That's three from PES World and one from PES Universe, as well as a few ither OF makers.

All have been quite scathing of Konami too, particularly the PES Universe bloke. Nice to see them speaking honestly and not watching their words for fear of privileges being removed.

Another kit maker has announced they're not doing 2020. That's three from PES World and one from PES Universe, as well as a few ither OF makers.

All have been quite scathing of Konami too, particularly the PES Universe bloke. Nice to see them speaking honestly and not watching their words for fear of privileges being removed.
And then why don’t we do „our part“ and buy the game 4 weeks after release. Just to show them. Might match prior release dates anyway. ;)

What are the cons and unforseen circumstances when editing licensed league? Thinking of editing french d2 and swaping both french and spanish D1.
But im not getting rid of english D2, as it has teams that interest me and I play with.
Im not gonna be touching players. Just names, managers, stadiums and kits.
If they update players it wont bother me.
They shouldnt touch ligue 2 kits either.
Cant really see an issue there.
Am I missing something that can fuck things up?

Since ill be stuck with 19 for a good while, I want to make it into something more enjoyable.

What are the cons and unforseen circumstances when editing licensed league? Thinking of editing french d2 and swaping both french and spanish D1.
But im not getting rid of english D2, as it has teams that interest me and I play with.
Im not gonna be touching players. Just names, managers, stadiums and kits.
If they update players it wont bother me.
They shouldnt touch ligue 2 kits either.
Cant really see an issue there.
Am I missing something that can fuck things up?

Since ill be stuck with 19 for a good while, I want to make it into something more enjoyable.
You can edit pretty few things in ligue 2, cause lisenced leagues are hard-Locked ,no league name, no league logo and you must find 20 fake teams to migrate, cause the licensed teams are also hard-locked, the first half options in team edit,are grey for them.Cant change emblems and names.
Secondary effects ,are the Blurs and logos inside game presentation that cannot change.
All these at least through PS4 in-game editor.

PS.: Just checked pes pes Master, PEUcteams are 20 so you must undo any Bayern Munchen etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom