PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

what about an option to choose the commentary language right before the match starts (where i set up stadium and kits and stuff). its a hassle to always dive deep into the settings menu (taking a lot of seconds for loading and online connection processes) to change it for 1 or 2 matches only.
another option for the customers, easy to implement, strong in value, not gonna happen! sadly!!
Yes!
And difficulty/PA option etc

Yes!
difficulty you can choose/set up right before the match is loading (so i guess thats good enough for me)! PA is ok for me too, as its found in the controller settings just 2 slides/screens prior the final loading screen (and i dont change it that much).
but yes... you are right! you have to go like several menus deep to change it. could all be much easier! i agree.

hey, totally new idea: what about a menu refresh/overhaul/BUILDING IT FROM SCRATCH AND MAKE IT kinda like 2019!!! :D
;)

edit: we just can't all be wrong, when there is so much stuff we all do agree on (besides the stuff anyone favours for their own)!
man, i wish they'd invite some "elite members" (speaking for the sim community)!

Yes!
PA is handy enough to change in a match. But difficulty, match lenght - absolutely. It was wrecking my head when I was running tests on Superstar and other difficulties and lenghts... sometimes I didnt even know what Im testing.

Ps.
Not in ML you cant, @PRO_TOO

One thing I dont get is - why did they make Beglin to be such a cock?? Whatever the other fella says - he disagrees. He always knows better. Absolute cock!
I find they make Peter Drury sound stupid, more than anything else.

Jim will say "they're certainly committing the wing-backs forward", or something like that, and Peter will say "why is that?"

In what world would a professional commentator be like "duhhhhh what does dat mean boss?"

As cool and authentic it is to put a local league language, I never change it, as I like to understand what they say.. even if they talk shite.

One thing I dont get is - why did they make Beglin to be such a cock?? Whatever the other fella says - he disagrees. He always knows better. Absolute cock!
I get the intention - they probably wanted to create some sort of an "entertaining dialog.". but my god he annoys the living shit out of me! And in real life his commentary is not bad at all.. and he seems nice enough.

Maybe he was just tired.. all elitists know, that sometimes when the body is tired.......... :LOL:
Ha ha,*relate since I'm also an elitist!

I don't mind a few different languages,I haven't played with Beglin and co since they introduced Italian on Pes 14?

It gives me some authenticity when (only) playing Serie A.
But it needs to be done right,not what they say but how they say it!

Think Beglin is a cock?
Try Fifa and Alan Smith "horrible attempt/poor shot" when missing the top corner by 10-15 cm.
I think 2k are the only ones having really good one's

Regarding commentary, i think they were given a general direction for the commentary but in a very Japanese way, as in having a casual conversation about the game so it has the game day feel to it. Fifa has casual discussion too but its done in a way that it sounds like a genuine discussion.

I find they make Peter Drury sound stupid, more than anything else.

Jim will say "they're certainly committing the wing-backs forward", or something like that, and Peter will say "why is that?"

In what world would a professional commentator be like "duhhhhh what does dat mean boss?"
I have a different theory there...
I think Drury is being sarcastic.
Somewhere along the lines:
"- oh really?? Why is that, Jim?? Tell us, imbeciles.. You seems to know everything better... cock..." :LOL:

PA is handy enough to change in a match. But difficulty, match lenght - absolutely. It was wrecking my head when I was running tests on Superstar and other difficulties and lenghts... sometimes I didnt even know what Im testing.

Ps.
Not in ML you cant, @PRO_TOO
I didn't have a clue you could change PA just before the game?
It's in the "chose side" screen ?

I thought you needed to go back to settings in the main/first screen!

I am no longer an Elitist!

:LOL:
Haha!
Yes, press shot button in select sides menu and its all there.
I think match has to start, cant do it before, but its no biggie - just pause it and adjust.
Yeah,pretty how you do it when wanting change game speed,start the game first

Are you going to look down on me now?
Like I'm a noob,a velcro shoe guy? #nolongerelitist

I didn't have a clue you could change PA just before the game?
It's in the "chose side" screen ?

I thought you needed to go back to settings in the main/first screen!

I am no longer an Elitist!
:LOL: yep! we are all just waiting behind the scenes for one to fail! so... one is gone!! :BYE:

;))

edit: beeing a PESelitist is more than knowing everything the game offers! it comes from the heart! :D ;)
you still in my books! not giving up on you, bruder! :)
edit2: but please change your signature for now! :LMAO:

Are you going to look down on me now?
Like I'm a noob,a velcro shoe guy?
Hahaha! No. There was more than enough things I didnt have a clue about till you guys pointed them out to me. Im sure there is plenty more to come. Im playing Pes completely different today than I was a year ago, as I didnt know half of the things I can do there. So you are elitists whether you like it or not.
Ps. Whats wrong with Velcro shoes? :LOL:

Hahaha! No. There was more than enough things I didnt have a clue about till you guys pointed them out to me. Im sure there is plenty more to come. Im playing Pes completely different today than I was a year ago, as I didnt know half of the things I can do there. So you are elitists whether you like it or not.
Ps. Whats wrong with Velcro shoes? :LOL:
Velcro for an adult...do the math son!

@PRO_TOO has taken his hand off my elitist status!

It's tricky knowing stuff surrounding PES,hard to Google ,Konami themselves don't advertise it...
I used to use pes mastery and Pes master to find stuff and get tips on gameplay,how to defend etc,still use it!

It's tricky knowing stuff surrounding PES,hard to Google ,Konami themselves don't advertise it...
That is so true. I went on a rant on twitter recently, that you cant see League table in ML without drilling through options.
I was half expecting someone to say
"What are you talking about?? You just have to click XYZ.."
If Konami designed Enigma it would never be cracked.

That is so true. I went on a rant on twitter recently, that you cant see League table in ML without drilling through options.
I was half expecting someone to say
"What are you talking about?? You just have to click XYZ.."
If Konami designed Enigma it would never be cracked.
Maybe it should be a "Thank god Konami didn't design Nazi stuff during ww2 day" around the world!
Maybe not in some parts of Bolivia/Argentina that is!

It's a weird company,I'm playing Metal gear phantom pain as we speak,and that game is very well documented/explained.

But for PES, the HQ in Tokyo "YOU PLAY GAME NOW...NO EXPLANATION!!!"

Are the Greek commentaries included or are they a regional thing?
I've only tried the German ones (except the English) since I played BL,but they were absolute shite (I "speak" German)
It is kind of regional. In "our" version* (probably has to do with ps store region option) i think it includes Greek,English for sure.I do not remember if it has other option. in the pes2011-2013 gen the pack was something like Greek,Italian,Portuguese,Polska while for example the more Central European pack had English,Spanish,Deutsch and similar patterns.
In pes6 i liked to use the italian and the spanish commentaries when i was tired of the English commentary although i don't know any spanish or italiano, but i found it more fun as an experience, plus i learned some quotes like tarjeta amarilla?(yellow card) or tarjeta roja? (red card). :)

P.S.: Also from editing perspective. I was ready this year to use the english commentary as something "fresh" , but i was sad to discover that each language uses different database in callnames you can assign in edit mode, i.e. some call names i used all previous years in edit mode with Greek commentary do not exist in english commentary database and vise-versa.

Last edited:
I really like PES 2019. It’s perfect to dip into for one or two matches once every few days.

If I play it too much I get annoyed with it. But I’m really enjoying my Aston Villa save.

Superstar is a good challenge, I’m winning some and losing a few by the odd goal. I never replay a match, it ruins the immersion.

Absolutely. This is an obvious priority.
But in the same time they should look after details.
And some of those details are absolute basic stuff. Like I cant understand how the fuck in 2019 football game i cant see league table before the match. Not even that. Even in the ML menu I cant just click on this "short" version of table and see full table. Its a simple hiperlink for fuck sakes!
Instead, i have to drill through database to see the table, or memorise one after each match. Ridiculous.

Then there's commentary. How many times in the recent days I heard
- so? Any initial thoughts on the game, Jim?
(Call an ambulance. Jim's dead)

Lets say they sort out gameplay and makes it fun again and leave everything else as it is. Its still doesnt justify 60 bleeding quid for the game! Not in 2020!
This hyperlink would be the best. In the current ML menu, the fastest possible way to view League table is MyTeam/Info on entered Competition.
The best option to browse teams or players if you want to make scouting/shortlisting/transfer negotiations ,loans,etc , is Database/Team Info/Squad List. Basically this is a lifesaver shortcut for me since pes 2011 , as you browse the leagues/teams like in team selection screen without the stiffness of clunky Advansed Search/ club screen.

This hyperlink would be the best. In the current ML menu, the fastest possible way to view League table is MyTeam/Info on entered Competition.
The best option to browse teams or players if you want to make scouting/shortlisting/transfer negotiations ,loans,etc , is Database/Team Info/Squad List. Basically this is a lifesaver shortcut for me since pes 2011 , as you browse the leagues/teams like in team selection screen without the stiffness of clunky Advansed Search/ club screen.

Oh FFS! It is quicker to get to League Table this way! And the funniest part is that I was using this menu frequently. I stopped going into Database and I was just checking "schedule" to see my opponents place in the league. I never thought of clicking "info on entered competition". I thought its some bullcrap about Master League or Premier League regulations... konami, konami...
@rockstrongo can I borrow these velcro shoes now? :LOL:

I have so many different careers/MLs on the go now that I dont know what to play. Just shows how desperately Im trying to find something that would give me some joy this year.

So last night I went back to the one that I really enjoyed. Back to the roots. Wolves campaign.
I honestly dont know why is there a difference between this ML and all others I play. I use same formation, same tactics, play similar way on all of them. Found what suits my playstyle and just stuck to it. Yet all of the saves feel different.
Wolves campaign was always the one that I felt the least scripted and matches were most fair. Why? No fucking idea.
But I went there anyway. And what fun I had!

Played 4 games.

2-0 vs Stokes (easy enough win even tho Stokes are apparently my rivals so it should have felt more scripted, but it wasnt)

2-3 vs West Ham (or Westum)
(I was losing 0-3 at half time. It was a great game, just didnt have enough time)

2-2 vs Chelsea (another great, tight game)

...and last one - by far the best.
Liverpool away.
Really tight, physical match, with few great (but bottled) chances. 0-0 at half time.
Liverpool started getting impacient and pressed more. I was doing my thing on Conservative All out Defense wrecking their heads.
Then 79th minute I had a counter and my left back scored beautiful goal.
Liverpool didnt get a chance for a comeback.
1-0 on Anfield!
Final whistle and I was fucking exstatic, just to notice........
That all my players are crying!
What-the-actual-fuck?? I thought...
Turns out - i lost a chance for the title.
Im on 8th place for the love of god! Title didnt even cross my mind! Im fighting for 6th place to play in Europe next year!
Konami... seriously... get some grip on reality...

Oh FFS! It is quicker to get to League Table this way! And the funniest part is that I was using this menu frequently. I stopped going into Database and I was just checking "schedule" to see my opponents place in the league. I never thought of clicking "info on entered competition". I thought its some bullcrap about Master League or Premier League regulations... konami, konami...
@rockstrongo can I borrow these velcro shoes now? :LOL:

I have so many different careers/MLs on the go now that I dont know what to play. Just shows how desperately Im trying to find something that would give me some joy this year.

So last night I went back to the one that I really enjoyed. Back to the roots. Wolves campaign.
I honestly dont know why is there a difference between this ML and all others I play. I use same formation, same tactics, play similar way on all of them. Found what suits my playstyle and just stuck to it. Yet all of the saves feel different.
Wolves campaign was always the one that I felt the least scripted and matches were most fair. Why? No fucking idea.
But I went there anyway. And what fun I had!

Played 4 games.

2-0 vs Stokes (easy enough win even tho Stokes are apparently my rivals so it should have felt more scripted, but it wasnt)

2-3 vs West Ham (or Westum)
(I was losing 0-3 at half time. It was a great game, just didnt have enough time)

2-2 vs Chelsea (another great, tight game)

...and last one - by far the best.
Liverpool away.
Really tight, physical match, with few great (but bottled) chances. 0-0 at half time.
Liverpool started getting impacient and pressed more. I was doing my thing on Conservative All out Defense wrecking their heads.
Then 79th minute I had a counter and my left back scored beautiful goal.
Liverpool didnt get a chance for a comeback.
1-0 on Anfield!
Final whistle and I was fucking exstatic, just to notice........
That all my players are crying!
What-the-actual-fuck?? I thought...
Turns out - i lost a chance for the title.
Im on 8th place for the love of god! Title didnt even cross my mind! Im fighting for 6th place to play in Europe next year!
Konami... seriously... get some grip on reality...
"The Velcro shoe guy of the day"
Screenshot_20190306-122625~2.jpg Sorry mate, Sergio Ramos of Real Madrid snatched that award before you when he decided to take a tactical yellow Vs Ajax in game one so he wouldn't miss the next CL Round...

8th place is pretty solid.
Which season are you on?
That's pretty much my objective this season with Atalanta.
Trying to get to EL next season.

8th place is pretty solid.
Which season are you on?
Finishing 19/20 season soon, so second year with Wolves. Got few young relatives of ex football stars (Emre, Vermalen, Mario Gomez) but my starting 11 is still "original" Wolves, which makes me quite proud. ;)
For the moment ill stick to this campaign, as there's no point changing something that works so well for me.
This overall feeling of fair matches might just be down to TS. Thats the only difference between all my saves, only thing I can think of. Wolves are around 90-96 now, depending on my adjustments before each match.
If TS really has such a huge impact then, as much as I love the potential of it, id be very happy if they got rid of it altogether (if they cant implement it right)

Finishing 19/20 season soon, so second year with Wolves. Got few young relatives of ex football stars (Emre, Vermalen, Mario Gomez) but my starting 11 is still "original" Wolves, which makes me quite proud. ;)
For the moment ill stick to this campaign, as there's no point changing something that works so well for me.
This overall feeling of fair matches might just be down to TS. Thats the only difference between all my saves, only thing I can think of. Wolves are around 90-96 now, depending on my adjustments before each match.
If TS really has such a huge impact then, as much as I love the potential of it, id be very happy if they got rid of it altogether (if they cant implement it right)
About TS there are many points proving its effect.I tried pes2016 yesterday,the first game that introduced TS and you could also check CPU TS.Well that year,the whole TS concept was far far better adopted.It affects less the individual performance and more the teamwork-group moves,it starts from 60 and you can get a +5 after a big win or a -1 after a loss.But it was for sure more flexible and with less impact, after 2017 it started affecting so much the game and response,when also the team roles that affect/boost introduced, so I am suspicious it became so universal effective to give a more RPG essence to ML.
Two other experiments I did were 1) Tried in MyClub a simulation game with 05 (five) TS and a 5* all-star team against an average cpu team and I lost 15-0. To explain here ,in MC the mechanics with managers abilities points and team strength can produce such numbers in TS 2,5,6 as a penalty for you if you don’t have a “strong” manager,which is not possible in ML.
The other case I saw last weekend,I was remote playing through my PSvita,I usually use it only for editing as playing without triggers is extremely difficult.So by accident I went in PES league while I tried to sign in in MC just for the login bonus.So I gave a try to a match although I only needed just one single match to take some bonuses trainers,bonus etc. under normal circumstances it is almost inevitable for me to play a match vsCOM from PSvita,so I went just for fun using many reserves etc.My human opponent had an all-star team Messi,Neymar etc but possibly he lacked a good manager so he had 5 TeamSpirit, which is like a suicide for those who take competitive seriously.
What I noticed was that my 70TS 60opr players where running much better and where covering passing lanes,most times almost by themselves as the AI was controlling my team.In many occasions I was not pushing a single button and my AI teammates where running and stealing the ball and after that ,when the cursor was being passed on them they stayed immobilized.The reason I didn’t push a button the most time , was to not waste time , cause I was not interested about the result.But despite this due to the TeamSpirit difference the game tented to give me the ball possession while I didn’t want or ask for it,with random occasions like a false pass from the opponent while I was not even marking,basically I tried to run away from the ball with my controlled player.
Finally all these plus the ML experience shows that they have over-iimplented the TS concept. I still love the idea,but the materialization is pretty bad in latest games 2018,2019.

TS is for good and bad.
Stumbling around on 68 with Atalanta on 18,and 94 with Milan on 19.
Mario Gomez aka Marty McFly.

About TS there are many points proving its effect.I tried pes2016 yesterday,the first game that introduced TS and you could also check CPU TS.Well that year,the whole TS concept was far far better adopted.It affects less the individual performance and more the teamwork-group moves,it starts from 60 and you can get a +5 after a big win or a -1 after a loss.But it was for sure more flexible and with less impact, after 2017 it started affecting so much the game and response,when also the team roles that affect/boost introduced, so I am suspicious it became so universal effective to give a more RPG essence to ML.
Two other experiments I did were 1) Tried in MyClub a simulation game with 05 (five) TS and a 5* all-star team against an average cpu team and I lost 15-0. To explain here ,in MC the mechanics with managers abilities points and team strength can produce such numbers in TS 2,5,6 as a penalty for you if you don’t have a “strong” manager,which is not possible in ML.
The other case I saw last weekend,I was remote playing through my PSvita,I usually use it only for editing as playing without triggers is extremely difficult.So by accident I went in PES league while I tried to sign in in MC just for the login bonus.So I gave a try to a match although I only needed just one single match to take some bonuses trainers,bonus etc. under normal circumstances it is almost inevitable for me to play a match vsCOM from PSvita,so I went just for fun using many reserves etc.My human opponent had an all-star team Messi,Neymar etc but possibly he lacked a good manager so he had 5 TeamSpirit, which is like a suicide for those who take competitive seriously.
What I noticed was that my 70TS 60opr players where running much better and where covering passing lanes,most times almost by themselves as the AI was controlling my team.In many occasions I was not pushing a single button and my AI teammates where running and stealing the ball and after that ,when the cursor was being passed on them they stayed immobilized.The reason I didn’t push a button the most time , was to not waste time , cause I was not interested about the result.But despite this due to the TeamSpirit difference the game tented to give me the ball possession while I didn’t want or ask for it,with random occasions like a false pass from the opponent while I was not even marking,basically I tried to run away from the ball with my controlled player.
Finally all these plus the ML experience shows that they have over-iimplented the TS concept. I still love the idea,but the materialization is pretty bad in latest games 2018,2019.
I beg you, Slammy, please try to leave gaps after using “.” or “,”. It’s really hard to read for me (as a German) and I would like to read more of your comments. :)

That said, I like to read all of your insights on TS and some other roots of the game.

But what if we knew how strings were attached and everything is working under the hood...?! Bet we’d not play it anymore. Hm... your thoughts?

Greetings!!

I’m going to play on Top Player I think. I’m tearing my hair out on SS.

I lost 5-3 to B’ham earlier. It was a joke of a game. Then I lost 3-0 to Rotherham in the FA Cup. I couldn’t get near them, they played like Liverpool. Pressing everywhere, flamboyant attacking football, 3 chances, 3 goals.

I’ve said it before but I don’t like replaying matches as it’s too cheaty. But I’m getting stressed out playing SS.

I like the the TS (especially on 16)
I also like the fact that It takes time to school a new player if his tactical knowledge are different from how you play.
The only time I don't is when starting at a new team with players that have been together for a long time,and has low TS even if you don't change anything

Back
Top Bottom