PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

What are the cons and unforseen circumstances when editing licensed league? Thinking of editing french d2 and swaping both french and spanish D1.
But im not getting rid of english D2, as it has teams that interest me and I play with.
Im not gonna be touching players. Just names, managers, stadiums and kits.
If they update players it wont bother me.
They shouldnt touch ligue 2 kits either.
Cant really see an issue there.
Am I missing something that can fuck things up?

Since ill be stuck with 19 for a good while, I want to make it into something more enjoyable.
Not sure you can edit french 2nd league teams since they're licenced
You can swop french L1 for La Liga,and then (I think) you have to edit the fake PEU league in to a La Liga 2 and move them in to the French 2nd league.
The problem is that you'll end up with a French 2nd league that has teams qf for Europe each year.

I gave it a go before ,and I think I stopped because you can't edit licenced teams,and then I did the PL/Championship swop with Serie A/b instead

Ah jaysus... i should have checked it first before asking you guys. I had no idea you cant edit licensed teams...
Fuck sake, it seemed like such a clever idea... :LOL:
Thanks, boys.

Ah jaysus... i should have checked it first before asking you guys. I had no idea you cant edit licensed teams...
Fuck sake, it seemed like such a clever idea... :LOL:
Thanks, boys.
Been there done that.
Only option is what I did, unfortunately.
Which means no fucking Pes 20 for me unless they have D2s.

Been there done that.
Only option is what I did, unfortunately.
Which means no fucking Pes 20 for me unless they have D2s.
I wouldnt worry about that, rock.
They did say on few occasions that D2's are gone only for one year, as this space issue hit them late and by surprise.
Plus the bashing they got was legendary.
Im more worried that we will, once again, get half arsed game and we'll be waiting till Xmas for them to patch it up.

I wouldnt worry about that, rock.
They did say on few occasions that D2's are gone only for one year, as this space issue hit them late and by surprise.
Plus the bashing they got was legendary.
Im more worried that we will, once again, get half arsed game and we'll be waiting till Xmas for them to patch it up.
That's good news!
I'm obviously expecting a half ass product,it's tradition!
I just wished they could take our needs in consideration,our wishes doesn't go against their desire to build a Myclub based game,it should be able to co exist.

Every innovation is always welcome, but I am not sure that the problems most players discuss here, are connected straight with the game engine. Flaws like bad CPU AI, bad awareness, game modes abandonment etc.
Oh man, this player awarness/response was absolutely breaking my balls today...

Little summary

- Ball is basically going "through" my players no one controlls, fucking, anything.
- They fall into each other and losing it (if you see me sprinting down the wing, would you kindly get out of the fucking way??)
- When the ball is "free", they have to do some fucking shaman dance around it before they control it
- CPU passes inside my penalty box are basically UNINTERCEPTABLE (fuck knows if there is such a word, but it sounds smart :LOL: ),
- Today I had two own goals, coz defender and GK ran into each other and ball just curled in
- Players have no speed and desire to get the ball
- Nobody is switching
- Im passing into space to player sprinting into position, ball lands at his feet perfectly, cursor switches to him, I have direction and sprint on and he just fucking stops...

Jesus Christ Almighty, this game is really testing my soul. I dont remember any Pes, ever, where I had to fight the controller so damn much!

giphy (4).gif

Little summary

- Ball is basically going "through" my players no one controlls, fucking, anything.
- They fall into each other and losing it (if you see me sprinting down the wing, would you kindly get out of the fucking way??)
- When the ball is "free", they have to do some fucking shaman dance around it before they control it
- CPU passes inside my penalty box are basically UNINTERCEPTABLE (fuck knows if there is such a word, but it sounds smart :LOL: ),
- Today I had two own goals, coz defender and GK ran into each other and ball just curled in
- Nobody is switching
- Im passing into space to player sprinting into position, ball lands at his feet perfectly, cursor switches to him, I have direction and sprint on and he just fucking stops...

Jesus Christ Almighty, this game is really testing my soul. I dont remember any Pes, ever, where I had to fight the controller so damn much!

View attachment 12812
Sounds like my last Pes game Vs Zagreb.
Plus,throw in a unstoppable Ai

They said it was a space issue but they never said they'd be back. I'd be stunned if they were.
Id be stunned if they weren't..
They never said it officially, it was always between the lines, like 'we had to sacrifice something in this edition', or even Daniel, before he got banned, said it's a one-off as it was unforseen issue.

Maybe im reading too much into it, but I honestly cant see them not bringing them back. If they are trully gone, then thats me done with Pes.

Ps. Whats the difference between kit images for pes19 and pes18? Im not talking about full OF, just single .png image. Pes18 doesnt "see" the image of a kit from 19. Any way around it?

Id be stunned if they weren't..
They never said it officially, it was always between the lines, like 'we had to sacrifice something in this edition', or even Daniel, before he got banned, said it's a one-off as it was unforseen issue.

Maybe im reading too much into it, but I honestly cant see them not bringing them back. If they are trully gone, then thats me done with Pes.

Ps. Whats the difference between kit images for pes19 and pes18? Im not talking about full OF, just single .png image. Pes18 doesnt "see" the image of a kit from 19. Any way around it?
Yeah but we all know from past experience that Daniel's word isn't worth the paper it's written on; I'd expect the worst.

Like last year if you edit a players attributed like speed or kicking power etc the whole game breaks. Animations for even non edited players just go crazy. Might have to uninstall

P.S I HAVE GERVINHO AT PARMA!!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS AT SOME RANDOM FAKE TEAM. WEIRD.

Little summary

- Nobody is switching

View attachment 12812
Absolutely top post, all this is why I can't go back to it - particularly the "uninterceptable" passes. This is what I was trying to get at a week or so ago when I said "AI passes are played first-time and truly to-the-pixel perfectly between my players so that I can't get near them, and this is when I'm playing against West Ham, on Top Player" - or words to that effect (it was when I posted the video up of their ping-pong passing, which I was immediately told was my own fault for leaving so much space)...

When the game launched it was a major problem for me, after Christmas it didn't seem as bad as it was before, so I started to appreciate all the good in the game - only to spend a week applying DP4 and undoing all the things it broke, and then find it was unplayable (for me) again.

But it's been the same underneath for years now - you genuinely see the same AI OP stuff, the exact same patterns (you can see when you're about to concede an "unstoppable") in the PS2 and PS3 games.

Until it gets a new engine I think this is just how it has to be (and I can't deal with 2018's lofted through-balls and back-heels).

When gaming itself has moved on so much since those beautiful ISS PE games on PSX, you feel like we should be lightyears ahead now from a gameplay perspective - but the same AI shortcuts remain.

Absolutely top post, all this is why I can't go back to it - particularly the "uninterceptable" passes. This is what I was trying to get at a week or so ago when I said "AI passes are played first-time and truly to-the-pixel perfectly between my players so that I can't get near them, and this is when I'm playing against West Ham, on Top Player" - or words to that effect (it was when I posted the video up of their ping-pong passing, which I was immediately told was my own fault for leaving so much space)...

When the game launched it was a major problem for me, after Christmas it didn't seem as bad as it was before, so I started to appreciate all the good in the game - only to spend a week applying DP4 and undoing all the things it broke, and then find it was unplayable (for me) again.

But it's been the same underneath for years now - you genuinely see the same AI OP stuff, the exact same patterns (you can see when you're about to concede an "unstoppable") in the PS2 and PS3 games.

Until it gets a new engine I think this is just how it has to be (and I can't deal with 2018's lofted through-balls and back-heels).

When gaming itself has moved on so much since those beautiful ISS PE games on PSX, you feel like we should be lightyears ahead now from a gameplay perspective - but the same AI shortcuts remain.
Totally. Epsecially PES. One would think PES will be lightyears ahead of FIFA, when you think how those two games looked beside each other in the past.

OP AI moments is my biggest issue with this game now. It has never been as scripted as this year. You can play full match on your top gear and then they have one or two attacks, where you simply cant do anything. Your defenders are frozen, looking at the ball just going pass them. No one sticks a leg out, no one moves, your player is in position, you think that everything is covered and then surprise surprise. Fuck you, HUM player. So frustrating! And worst thing is, that overall, for most of the match, it feels great!

I have a genuine feeling, that if I started in D2 id never get promoted. Id never be able to keep my team on top of the table, due to those OP AI moments. I really dont mind losing and I like challenge. But there's difference between challenge and this. This is torture. :LOL:

Anyways, scratch my question up above about kits from 19 to 18. I found a team I wanted, whole package with 4 kits and all players created. Back to Pes18.

Ps. Two first matches on 18. 40TS. 2 stars team. Win and draw. I dont think I ever had 4 points in two first games on 19. Mr.Script wouldnt let me.

Totally. Epsecially PES. One would think PES will be lightyears ahead of FIFA, when you think how those two games looked beside each other in the past.

OP AI moments is my biggest issue with this game now. It has never been as scripted as this year. You can play full match on your top gear and then they have one or two attacks, where you simply cant do anything. Your defenders are frozen, looking at the ball just going pass them. No one sticks a leg out, no one moves, your player is in position, you think that everything is covered and then surprise surprise. Fuck you, HUM player. So frustrating! And worst thing is, that overall, for most of the match, it feels great!

I have a genuine feeling, that if I started in D2 id never get promoted. Id never be able to keep my team on top of the table, due to those OP AI moments. I really dont mind losing and I like challenge. But there's difference between challenge and this. This is torture. :LOL:

Anyways, scratch my question up above about kits from 19 to 18. I found a team I wanted, whole package with 4 kits and all players created. Back to Pes18.

Ps. Two first matches on 18. 40TS. 2 stars team. Win and draw. I dont think I ever had 4 points in two first games on 19. Mr.Script wouldnt let me.
After my go at a Serie A career in Fifa,i played a few games on 18,and it's been up and down to say the least.
But right now it's my only option.

Funny thing,I played a ML on 19 last night Vs a promoted Serie B team (Yorkshire' bla bl something) and it was unplayable,tiki taka one touch all the way.
The non hard coded teams in my Serie A are horrible to Play against

Last edited:
no sports game AI is ever gonna be as good or exciting as playing another human

problem is not 1 player modes,its the game. fix that and everything is ok

1 player should be a low priority

If the game has single and multiplayer option, nothing should be low priority.
Its because Pes focused on multiplayer we have what we have now.
Im paying full price to play whichever the feck i want. I want to play single player and single player should be polished as much as other modes.

In two of the last three ML games I've gone 3-1 up, only to draw 3-3 when the AI pulled off their lighting fast "we must score" routines. Ridiculous.

It's a shame because it was looking so promising before the latest update.

In two of the last three ML games I've gone 3-1 up, only to draw 3-3 when the AI pulled off their lighting fast "we must score" routines. Ridiculous.

It's a shame because it was looking so promising before the latest update.
I had final match of the season against Old Boys. I was 3-0 up and lost 4-3.
Couldnt intercept any passes, couldnt attack, couldnt block anything, whole team just stopped.
That was final straw.
Having a holiday from Pes19.

More people not supporting Konami? Good. It isn't a stretch to say that Pes grew to be relevant because of editors. Still remember the awesome editing works on Ps2, then again on Ps3 and now with option files on Ps4 and mods on Pc. The way Konami is treating his offline fans since Pes 2014 onwards has been incredibly disrespectful and these are the results. Now, tell me what's the point of editing kits if modes that should be benefiting from them are so shallow? Absolutely no point.

I don't believe that having just a better Master League or D2 returning will convince me to buy the game. They need to show they still care about offline by entirely remaking offline modes, starting from Master League.
We know Adam has always overhyped announcements and not a single one has ever been on par with the expectations and this time is no different.

Entirely remaking offline modes needs developers, many developers and unless they hired lots of them i don't see how they could do that. I can't see this Konami hiring new staff to please offline fans. They somehow manage to earn enough through Myclub microtrnsactions and i don't see that changing. Focus will always be Myclub and at most ML will have some new features but will remain a shallow mode at its core. Unfortunately i would believe Adam's words if Konami announced they are refocusing on offline games, but that doesn't seem will happen for years.As it stands right now Pes may not be dead as a series yet but for offline players like me it already is dead.

I repeat once again. What you are expect? Better gameplay? AI? Deeper modes? This company has problem for years to make custom cameras, decent looking menus and add good enough atmosphere during the match... No comment.

I repeat once again. What you are expect? Better gameplay? AI? Deeper modes? This company has problem for years to make custom cameras, decent looking menus and add good enough atmosphere during the match... No comment.
Honestly? I expect same content minus BAL, the ML menu will be horizontal,cause it was vertical for two seasons now, and it will be promoted as refreshed menu, some new leagues or the 2 2nd divisions coming back in place of something from this year, that will be removed, the ICC competition.
And finally I am pretty sure they will remove some options of stats tracking, like leagues goal/assists leaders and they will add some useless extra slider options in the current outdated negotiations system and it will be promoted as “we enhance the contract negotiations system, making transfer a more realistic experience ”. For some damn reason they have locked their focus on the appearance of negotiations menu, as it matters if it is one double-sheet, or two separate pages. I think this existed also in the recent survey as a question.
Meanwhile I.E. in negotiations, the second biggest problem after unrealistic transfers, is that we are stuck with a cap of 5 maximum transfer offers since PES 1! And I have never seen a KONAMI official questioning if this is viable for a 2019-2020 carrier mode in a video game.

They had problems because they didn't see custom cameras as a priority, they didn't even try. The reason why they didn't manage to improve offline modes like Master is simple, they don't care. Or, even if they care, is at the bottom of their priorities, while it should be at top right after gameplay.

They have their priorities all wrong. I should say i think from our point of view they have wrong priorities, but they are simply focusing on what earns them lots of money, Myclub.

People who buy Pes for offline modes buy it only once, while Myclub players can potentially spend 3 or 4 times that amount thanks to coins.

I understand this but i can't accept it because it's thanks to offline players that Pes became relevant, so they should focus on offline as much, or even more than online.

@NIK778899 - we are getting old, maybe Bhatti thinks "another few years and they'll all start having memory issues and theyll start believing Pes29 is first in 3 year cycle"... :LOL:

@Mikhail - I had to take some holidays from Pes19. Even my most ballanced, high TS Master League started Trippin.
I was (am) defending this game as much as I can, but last couple of days was unbearable. My players are running into each other, losing the ball constantly, they won't see the ball even if it hits them in the balls. In the same time AI pass+top-corner-tap in slowly turns into some egyptian curse.

Im back to Pes18 for the time being waiting till they patch it again.

Back
Top Bottom