PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Watching Liverpool - Watford match, with the wind being a bit of a tit at times, I would really like to have a wind option for matches. Could cause really fun random havoc on the pitch.
Same yesterday with Palace penalty. I was in stitches when ball kept rolling away. If penalty pressure wasnt bad enough poor fucker had to think whether ball will still be there when he takes a shot.. :LOL:

When i have bad luck !!! :P

Jesus christ look at your two defenders right after GK saved it. Especially number 7 (or 17, cant see properly).
He sees the ball deflected by the GK and literally runs out of its way instead of get it.
State of this game now after last patch... what a shame!

After reading about people going back to PES 2018, I've gone back to 2017 (I've been having a retro weekend) and I really can't believe how similar it is to 2019. Free movement, quite fast, but with shot variety and a real weight to the ball.

Of all the recent PES games, only one kept me interested enough to go through 3-4 seasons - PES 2017. I had some of the best matches I've ever had, there are tons of videos I ended up uploading to YouTube - like this one, one of my favourite football-game matches ever (on -2 speed, you can tell):

The only thing that spoilt it for me in the end was how the AI would occasionally, blatantly cheat with invisible walls or just "switching off" your defender while you were trying to run towards a ball - but it only tended to do it against much better opponents.

The data packs wrecked the option file I put together too (Chris's BOE patch) so I'd have to do a lot of work to get it updated, but I might have to give it a go. I've had more fun tonight with ISS PE2, PES5 and PES 2017 than PES 2019 since the DP4 update!

Well, I suppose one positive thing about Pes19 is that it taught me a lot.
All the Pes games I played before I just... played...
I didnt have to fight the controller, I didnt have to protect wings like a madman, I didnt have to track opponents, switch like a madman due to my players Zombification, using a lot of secondary pressure, switch to manual passing, use advanced tactics, etc. etc.

Its because Pes19 is such a huge pain in the bollox, and we have to do so much to tame it and be able to win matches, I learned an awful lot about this game overall.
Going back to 18 I feel much more experienced and "complete" player...

Dont think that was the intention, but.... thanks, Konami..? :LOL:

I also have been playing some PES 17 today and I'm surprised with the AI... it's really solid! Was playing a few exhibition games so can't speak to the ML scripting (if there is any) with PA1 basic shooting / throughball on Top player and SS, -1 speed, broadcast camera. That got me thinking, after all is said and done with the previous PES editions which final product is the best of the recent years (meaning how the game plays now with all the updates and patches done) ?

The AI in 2017 was impressive. There were a good amount of errors, misplaced passes, fouls, cards (CPU got a red), shots off target, varied attack. Very human feeling AI i thought.

Question. Apologies for off topic. Was 17 much better than 18? Its not on PS store coz i checked but im sure i could get a copy in one of the pre owned shops. That would require a bit of a journey for me.
Did it "aged" much? Is it worth it?
I've seen some clips on youtube and it seemed very fast. Passes were anyways.
Is there proper player ID? Fouls? Injuries? Good shots?

Something has to be done about so called "passive" players in your team v the cpu in all modes of the game but ML is doing my box in. Cpu player comes running at your player you toe poke the ball behind him and he's blocking your player from getting to it 99.99% of the time its just a pass to one his cpu team mates plus your team mates a few yards from the ball think well its 3 yards away we'll not even make an attempt to move to it. Pass L1 is a joke, ok watch where you aim and the power you put in, BS my midfielder 50 yards out sees my CF make a run 100% power through ball , oh it will be a thing of beauty turns out to one of the ugly sisters as the ball leaves my players boot and trundles yes trundles all of 3 yards to the side where one of my other team mates is coming up behind me to my right. Just 5mins ago playing ML 1-0 down I have a player on the ball 25 yards out running at the box, my RW is just at the corner of the box to my right , defender stuck does he come to me or stay in distance of my RW, I move to 22 yards out he starts to close me down I aim my stick to the right just to tab a wee through ball into path of my RW now just in the box leaving the defender coming to close me down fooked. I press a tab 5% power and my player hits a through ball 20 yards ACROSS the face of the box .... L1 player switching pot luck most of the time takes 3-4 goes to get it onto the player you need it on.

Question. Apologies for off topic. Was 17 much better than 18? Its not on PS store coz i checked but im sure i could get a copy in one of the pre owned shops. That would require a bit of a journey for me.
I think player ID is probably where it needs a boost, along with reactions being crippled when you play the big boys (but not always). I hate giving recommendations because none of them are perfect, but... Maybe have a look at some of the videos on my YouTube channel (follow the video in my post above and have a look around), there's loads on there showing different things (such as an AI red card, and one save from the keeper who faces backwards when he saves it)...

I went back and loaded in PES14 last year while waiting for the next version , it was a joy , to midfields closing each other down a battle to get to the goals, compared to recent version the space you have on the pitch is unreal same for the cpu side I supposed created that way to give an open end to end game. 14 had its flaws put it was a joy

I went back and loaded in PES14 last year while waiting for the next version , it was a joy , to midfields closing each other down a battle to get to the goals, compared to recent version the space you have on the pitch is unreal same for the cpu side I supposed created that way to give an open end to end game. 14 had its flaws put it was a joy

Ha ha

I literally just finished one match (NEL vs WMV) on 2014 exh mode and came here to post.

Scored 2 goals from outside the box with one ricocheting in off the post. Goals which I rarely come by in PES 18/19 unless I play a string of games. FUMA 15 mins. Game speed -2.

That's what I'm talking about!

Last edited:
Pes 17 ,outside Pes 6,is my most played Pes game.
I always return to it when all other games fail (Pes 18-19/fifa 17-18-19)

Went back a month a go,but it felt a bit to fast for me,and very linear,probably the most easy PA0 game to.
But nevertheless a great game, easily 15+ seasons on it .
Remember the good old days when people were pissing on it,and fisticuffs were flying around in here.
Who knows,some day people will appreciate Pes 18 to?

I think returning to older games are great,stiffness,weird animation,crappy graphics doesn't mean shit at the end of the day,game play does!

Plenty of fouls,more than 19,or at least equal.
Players shooting/dribbling.
Injuries less than 19
But it's faster than 18,-1 game speed equals 0 on 18.

PAO feels very easy compared to 18,I'd usually have 75-80% on it,and 65-75 on 18.

Ball physics not as lose as 18.
All in all its a great game though

They “did listen to the fans first”...!
:LOL:

I didn't had an intention, but since i had recorded more than 20 vids, i made a compilation of goals i conceded from COM controlled teams, in ML on Top Player. It could be a "SPOT THE DIFFERENCE" game. My favorite lays in 05:35 :P

Oh man, I just read this and I've got to post it here.
(Off-topic, but not a million miles away...)

Kotaku - It's Okay To Stop Playing

Don’t just stop playing either. Completely disconnect. Stop thinking about it. Play something else, maybe a game on your backlog. There isn’t any reason to keep making yourself angry or upset over something that you have nearly no control over. I’m not saying don’t leave feedback or suggestions, but realise that at some point if you are spending more time hoping and talking about fixes on Reddit than playing the game, it might be time to step away from it.

I didn't had an intention, but since i had recorded more than 20 vids, i made a compilation of goals i conceded from COM controlled teams, in ML on Top Player. It could be a "SPOT THE DIFFERENCE" game. My favorite lays in 05:35 :P
what stadium is that at 1:43 min?

we should forward that video via twitter!! might add "AI goals" to the title and "can you spot the common denominator?" to the subtitle!!!
yeah, @Chris Davies , i read your comment! :)

Interesting, I actually thought it would have been more than 14% but I guess that's because I play most of the other leagues outside of EPL and PES has a decent amount of faces in the Turkish league, Argentina Super league etc. I will say though that I think PES faces are much higher quality than FIFA in general.

edit: just saw it said 5 major leagues :BRICK: silly me

I've expanded my findings and hope that will gives PES community some insights.

what stadium is that at 1:43 min?

we should forward that video via twitter!! might add "AI goals" to the title and "can you spot the common denominator?" to the subtitle!!!
yeah, @Chris Davies , i read your comment! :)
It is one of the generic stadiums of game, do not remember if it is Burg or KONAMI stadium, which i just edited the goals nets, viewer-seats, the couloir around the pitch adn whatever the ground editor allows to edit.

Last edited:
Oh man, I just read this and I've got to post it here.
(Off-topic, but not a million miles away...)

Kotaku - It's Okay To Stop Playing

This is what i'm doing. Thankfully there are plenty of much more fun games compared to the sorry state football games are.
I enjoy playing Rpgs, action adventures games and i didn't feel one bit the need to play Pes this year.

True. I had Witcher 3 installed for months and only now I started playing. Thanks to PES’s problems, I found a great game and I won’t stop now. It’s good to take a break and this is a good year to do it.

Last edited:
After reading about people going back to PES 2018, I've gone back to 2017 (I've been having a retro weekend) and I really can't believe how similar it is to 2019. Free movement, quite fast, but with shot variety and a real weight to the ball.
I gotta say, i probably had more fun with '17 then '18 or '19, particularly offline. I recall the AI was extremely good on '17 and was a massive improvement over '16 which had the shit goalkeepers and very, very repetitive goals from the AI (Low and hard into the bottom corner with every attempt on goal)

Pes 2019 gameplay vs the comp is horrible. I cannot play more than 2 games in 1 sitting. It is one of the worst football gaming experiences Konami have ever given me, and that's saying something.

Pes 2019 gameplay vs the comp is horrible. I cannot play more than 2 games in 1 sitting. It is one of the worst football gaming experiences Konami have ever given me, and that's saying something.

What he said ☝ but I'm willing to give it another shot, just because of the abundant of real faces in PES2019.

To those who remember, I used to play PES, which include PES 2019 when it was initially launched last year. We went through that AI wing play bugs etc and I decided to quit for FIFA 19. Then there's 84% discount on PES2019 in PS4 store, too good to miss out hence here I am again.

Yesterday I was trying to convince myself to play PES2019, but it felt too arcade-y compared to FIFA19.

FIFA19 is just as shit too with heaps of faces non existent i.e Frenkie de Jong (like seriously EA), Jorginho... believe me, I ain't any fans of those 2 but just being objective here. If you ever play as Lyon in FIFA19, 97% of the squad are generic.

I'm still torn between the two; gameplay purely definitely FIFA but faces definitely PES. So if you ask me, overall which will give me the satisfaction, my answer is none really but still lean towards FIFA, but then the faces... IDK.

Last edited:
What he said ☝ but I'm willing to give it another shot, just because of the abundant of real faces in PES2019.

To those who remember, I used to play PES, which include PES 2019 when it was initially launched last year. We went through that AI wing play bugs etc and I decided to quit for FIFA 19. Then there's 84% discount on PES2019 in PS4 store, too good to miss out hence here I am again.

Yesterday I was trying to convince myself to play PES2019, but it felt too arcade-y compared to FIFA19.

FIFA19 is just as shit too with heaps of faces non existent i.e Frenkie de Jong (like seriously EA), Jorginho... believe me, I ain't any fans of those 2 but just being objective here. If you ever play as Lyon in FIFA19, 97% of the squad are generic.

I'm still torn between the two; gameplay purely definitely FIFA but faces definitely PES. So if you ask me, overall which will give me the satisfaction, my answer is none really but still lean towards FIFA, but then the faces... IDK.

[/QUOTE]
Usually play as Milan on Pes (15-16-17-18-19) and started my very first Serie A career in fifa 19 a few days ago
Faces on fifa and a big team like Milan are awful!
I couldn't recognise half of them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom