PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Picked it up it again. Tottenham (me) - Lyon in CL 0-5 :LOL:, five conclusions on five in the high corner.

Maybe I'll try another gameplay patch sooner or later, but generally, the effect this game does to me personally it's that when it shines it's enjoyable, when it's bad.. it's a disaster so big and off putting that makes me not want to touch it again for indefinite time.

There is something odd going on. Last couple of days I had few of my mates randomly txting me were there some changes to Pes as their games are shite.
And me, due to all the settings and difficulty test I ran - I dont know myself.
But it all seems to had started not with DP4, but this little update that downloaded after.

It's funny how people interpret the game and patches.. Since last update playing league it's infinitely better for me. The way the AI plays, the flow etc. I also think it's down to me using second man Selector as I don't leak nearly as many goals... Top player level

Any solid information about pes 2020? I ve heard news that it s gonna use the UE4 engine, the stadiums look absolutely amazing using UE4, almost life like

i doubt it, maybe 2021...

Fox is a quite nice engine but aber the last 3 years i thnik there is not much room for level up the gfx and physics...

kojima develop the fox engine with his team und they are gone und we all know that PES team is small AF so in the near future they need a new engine with support from outide, so yeah maybe UE4 bis not this year.

I think they will ride the Fox Engine until Playstation 5 will hit the market.
As always, they will make 3-4 small changes every year and that's it. That's the best way to earn money for them. Little updates, full price.

It works, so why should they changed it? Building a new game with a new engine is expensive. They will delay that for as long as possible.

Last edited:
Any solid information about pes 2020? I ve heard news that it s gonna use the UE4 engine, the stadiums look absolutely amazing using UE4, almost life like
This is pretty much what I've heard (all rumours of course). When you're making as much money through microtransactions, as @kamy100 pointed out yesterday, you don't want to change much (or spend much changing things) until a new system means you absolutely have to:

Interesting Article on the future of PES given that Konami's revenue is now driven Mobile and Esports:

https://www.operationsports.com/mob...s-what-could-this-mean-for-the-future-of-pes/

As always, they will make 3-4 small changes every year and that's it. That's the best way to earn money for them. Little updates, full price.

It works, so why should they changed it? Building a new game with a new engine is expensive. They will delay that for as long as possible.
does it work though.. Sales were down a lot yoy..thst will affect micro transactions too. Not saying they don't make money just less than last year.

This is pretty much what I've heard (all rumours of course). When you're making as much money through microtransactions, as @kamy100 pointed out yesterday, you don't want to change much (or spend much changing things) until a new system means you absolutely have to:
Absolutley, but i also have to go back to what i was saying about the obsession with ultra-realism.

The game looks fine as it is. A new graphics engine and time and resources going towards it would be a total waste if the issues with gameplay feeling less like a football match and more like a counterattacking toxic tennis match remain.

Konami will use the UNREAL engine for the next-gen console, that is 90% sure. Just I don't know why they use the old version (ps. I just saw that UNREAL 4 is the last version, it's old but is last for now). Maybe because it's for mobile, they are learning and trying shits, they wanna see how things will work, but what I can say from the mobile version the animations look better. They are linked very well and natural, better than in FOX.

I can't believe the mobile gaming industry is growing so much.
So much so that we're getting to a point that makes us wonder whether it will overtake the actual default platforms that have ruled for the last 15-20 years. I never played a game on my iPhone in my life so I can't really understand what's so great about it? Just because you don't have to stop playing while taking a crap?.

Konami will use the UNREAL engine for the next-gen console, that is 90% sure. Just I don't know why they use the old version (ps. I just saw that UNREAL 4 is the last version, it's old but is last for now). Maybe because it's for mobile, they are learning and trying shits, they wanna see how things will work, but what I can say from the mobile version the animations look better. They are linked very well and natural, better than in FOX.

I don't really want to sound like Mr. Sceptical here but how can you be so sure about that?. Just because the wormhole (Twitter) has been spreading rumours about it for the last month doesn't mean it's true?. There have been ZERO official comments or even hints about it. But maybe I missed something.

So much so that we're getting to a point that makes us wonder whether it will overtake the actual default platforms that have ruled for the last 15-20 years. I never played a game on my iPhone in my life so I can't really understand what's so great about it? Just because you don't have to stop playing while taking a crap?.

I think there are a lot of great mobile games out there, thinking of games like F12016, FIFA 14 (which even has manual controls!), Galaxy on Fire, SEGA Football Manager and so on. Of course they are not so varied in modes and options, but due to the "always access" they are more than just a gimmic these days. You recognize mature games within the paid apps, not the freeware microtransaction stuff.

Not to forget the classics remastered, like GTA Vice City, Rome Total War etc. and basicly all console games to the PS2 era via emulator.

Due to the small displays, they even look sharp as hell and are getting closer to console quality. There should be much possible even today, but they are dumbed down to work on a large range of machines, i suppose.

Last edited:
I don't really want to sound like Mr. Sceptical here but how can you be so sure about that?. Just because the wormhole (Twitter) has been spreading rumors about it for the last month doesn't mean it's true?. There have been ZERO official comments or even hints about it. But maybe I missed something.

First FOX engine is developed by Kojima and his team. Now they do not have somebody to create a new engine. And they use Unreal Engine 4 already for the mobile version. I'm sure that they need to use Unreal Engine because they do not have other for next-gen platforms. Fox is outdated. I was right about FOX when Kojima announces it, I have the same feeling for Unreal now, so I'm on 90% sure that next-gen PES will be Unreal.

Last edited:
IT´s all about money making and consumer habits. Smartphone apps is probably one of the biggest investments on the last years. Comparing this with food, why would Mcdonalds invest on gourmet serving for a few costumers, when they can sell cheap junk food to millions!?

Selling good doesn´t mean it´s a good product.

First FOX engine is developed by Kojima and his team. Now they do not have somebody to create a new engine. And they use Unreal Engine 4 already for the mobile version. I'm sure that they need to use Unreal Engine because they do not have other for next-gen platforms. Fox is outdated.

Did Hideo Kojima not develop an engine for Death Stranding? I think it's called Decima.
If PES has been using FOX ENGINE since PES 2014, which was developed for Metal Gear Solid.
Don't you think that it would make sense for them to keep working with Kojima after so many years?.

I think there are a lot of great mobile games out there, thinking of games like F12016, FIFA 14 (which even has manual controls!), Galaxy on Fire, SEGA Football Manager and so on. Of course they are not so varied in modes and options, but due to the "always access" they are more than just a gimmic these days. You recognize mature games within the paid apps, not the freeware microtransaction stuff.

Not to forget the classics remastered, like GTA Vice City, Rome Total War etc. and basicly all console games to the PS2 era via emulator.

Due to the small displays, they even look sharp as hell and are getting closer to console quality. There should be much possible even today, but they are dumbed down to work on a large range of machines, i suppose.

Oh yeah I'm not going to stand here and say mobile games suck. Because I honestly never played one. So I wouldn't be able to talk about it with any sort of knowledge or full-formed opinion. But I don't know how playing on a small screen with limited controls can ever beat playing on a comfortable sofa with a big-ass 4K TV, or on your PC (which can also be hooked to that big-ass TV) with all the mods.

Jeez... I don't know what kids want anymore nowadays.
I need to have a son.

Oh yeah I'm not going to stand here and say mobile games suck. Because I honestly never played one. So I wouldn't be able to talk about it with any sort of knowledge or full-formed opinion. But I don't know how playing on a small screen with limited controls can ever beat playing on a comfortable sofa with a big-ass 4K TV, or on your PC (which can also be hooked to that big-ass TV) with all the mods.

I need to have a son.

I think mobile games are especially precious when you are NOT in front of a big-ass TV...which is quite often if you work and travel.

(Just to make sure you know i will always pick the PS4 over my mobile if possible.)

I remember being so pumped about emulating Psp (especially, or I should say only, Pes games) on my old Samsung S3, only to realize I couldn't play with touch screen controls to save my own life. Tried more than once but it was frustrating without end. Maybe it's an heritage of a gaming existence with the pad and the mouse/board.. or maybe (probably) I'm just wired that way, I don't know.

I need to have a son.

Let me tell you, despite what people might think, this kind of gaming is destroying brain development. Don´t take this as a harsh way of describing it. As a teacher and educational "expert" (not on the real meaning of the word), I´ve discussed far too many times the fact that phones and tablet gaming offers a very quick way of finding satisfaction on kids, even adults.

Sometimes we do wan´t and need that kind of fun, fast and easy. But the truth is it has become an addiction, and kids are having so many problems at school related with this anxiety for fast satisfaction, you don´t even imagine. Year after year we´ve been talking about this evolution for the worse, because kids now don´t think, they are so used to just do things for five minutes, that any activity that lasts longer is stressfull, boring and depressfull for them.

Sadly, some games on consoles arre also a bit like "fast food" these days. If something doesn´t satisfy us, we´ll change game in seconds and try to find pleasure on something else. Not like before when games were hard to get, so we had to enjoy them no matter what, and be creative to make them last for the days we spent playing them.

Dowloaded pes mobile to my i-phone, despite bigger or smaller screen i find the controls in touch pads extremely uncomfortable and non-ergonomic. Cant find a way to enjoy football-sims in iOS and Android until now.It works better with turn-based energy-use RPGs and maybe manager games like top eleven etc.
But for PES mobile to conquer the console/pc platform i don't know if the casuals are so much more than the "constant" pes player's.Or if they spend more money in-game.

Not really Chuny, evolution doesn´t mean it´s always for the better. It just means a "change" on something through time. Take a look at the Pro Evolution franchise... it´s a great example.

Not really Chuny, evolution doesn´t mean it´s always for the better. It just means a "change" on something through time. Take a look at the Pro Evolution franchise... it´s a great example.

But that's like... devolution.
If it's evolving, it's improving. If it's devolving, it's worsening.
(I would have said "deproving" but I recently learnt it's not a real word).

Dowloaded pes mobile to my i-phone, despite bigger or smaller screen i find the controls in touch pads extremely uncomfortable and non-ergonomic. Cant find a way to enjoy football-sims in iOS and Android until now.It works better with turn-based energy-use RPGs and maybe manager games like top eleven etc.
But for PES mobile to conquer the console/pc platform i don't know if the casuals are so much more than the "constant" pes player's.Or if they spend more money in-game.

PES mobile is an absolute primitive, undemanding challenge and dumbed down over all barriers, even for a mobile game.

This is way off-topic but undoubtedly the best football games on mobile (in my opinion, but also backed up by reviews) are...

EDIT: Available in this thread...
Mobile Football Game Discussion

Everything else I've played has been garbage in comparison to these games - and that includes PES and FIFA, either because their control schemes are terrible (virtual joysticks are a terrible way of doing things) or overly simplistic, or AI provides no challenge and forces you to play online, or general gameplay is stiff/clunky/frustrating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom