PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

yesterday I had the worst 6-8 games ever.
Didn't matter whether you played professional PA1-0/TP PA1-0 or SS PA1-0,all games were absolutely ridiculous.
Seems like it wasnt the best day for all my test. :LOL:
Altho - live update would do its thing automatically, wouldnt it? Unless you switch it off manually, or have no internet access. Or am i wrong?
I've decided to start over with a sharper team (Milan or Inter) simply because I want to keep playing SS,and a lower ranked team on that difficulty is
This is so true. I had awful troubles staying on my feet whenever AI was getting close. They were throwing my players around like ragdolls. My dribbling and feints were mostly read like a children book by AI.
My only weapon was playing ball around.
And even with that 65-70 rated players, with their heavy first touch, were letting AI take the ball away like candies.
Im sure its different when you have decent players, who can dribble, pass and have strenght to fight back. But its not my style. I dont think I "deserve" to be in Champions or Europa League in my first season. I want to work for it. Since I remember I was always picking average team to play.

Last edited:
Seems like it wasnt the best day for all my test. :LOL:
Altho - live update would do its thing automatically, wouldnt it? Unless you switch it off manually, or have no internet access. Or am i wrong?

This is so true. I had awful troubles staying on my feet whenever AI was getting close. They were throwing my players around like ragdolls. My dribbling and feints were mostly read like a children book by AI.
My only weapon was playing ball around.
And even with that 60-70 rated players, with their heavy first touch, were letting AI take the ball away like candies.
Im sure its different when you have decent players, who can dribble, pass and have strenght to fight back. But its not my style. I dont think I "deserve" to be in Champions or Europa League in my first season. I want to work for it. Since I remember I was always picking average team to play.
I had a notification(red bell) in my "apply live update" screen,think I have it set to update manually,since I want to control it myself.

And every time I started my Xbox/Pes yesterday I saw it flashing red in that screen but kept from updating it,but once I did my game play was much better.

Yes,if I decided to keep going with Atalanta I'd probably have to play professional or TP,it's impossible otherwise,but if I change to Milan I'd guess TP/SS is doable.

Funny thing is my best game yesterday (directly after live update) was on Profesional and PA0 Vs Roma,a hard fought 2-1 win.

Funny thing is my best game yesterday (directly after live update) was on Profesional and PA0 Vs Roma,a hard fought 2-1 win
Thats what I mean. Prof on PA0 is not as simple as some people in here say.
The main differences, comparing to SS that I observed, were
- pressure starts earlier on SS. On your own half they tend to attack more aggressively
- shots from distance are increased by quite a lot
- AI is constantly tweaking tactics. Tight marking on selected players.
But overall, especially against stronger teams, Profesional can be quite challenging.
I just wish I could know for sure whether or not player passing stats matter when playing without assist.
I believe they do, altho less than on PA1.
But its especially visible with the crosses. Players with higher stats and pin point crossing traits are much better when performing crosses on PA0.
I suppose if you add to it "human error", its ballancing each other.
Shooting on the other hand is different IMO. I think stats matter more on basic shooting than any other. Since I switched from Advanced back to Basic Im missing much more than I used to.
And I always thought Advanced wasnt Overpowered. I only noticed big difference when I switched.

I didnt feel much difference when I switched from PA0 to PA1 tho.

Ps. On that, I have to say - I was pleasantly surprised with PA1 last night. Main reason I switched to PA0 was that sometimes PA1 was choosing different ball receiver than i was aiming at. It didnt happen once yesterday. Every pass, every high ball, was going exactly where I wanted them to go (I mean direction-wise. I had some misplaced passes, like on manual. But general direction was flawless)
It was strange how PA1 was reminding me PA0. Quite enjoyable. Maybe they did some work on passes at some point.

Yeah @Emroth it's pretty solid (Professional) but Vs teams below you it's a bit to easy ,I use to play it a lot on 17 and 18.

The SS difficulty is exactly what you describe it to be,and that's why I love it (at times) especially since the cpu constantly change it's tactics

I also think PA1 is quite solid right now,only downside is that your freedom is limited in through balls etc.

I dabbled in PA1 (SS) surprisingly good

That I have to agree on.
For over half year we are trying to crack this game and make it enjoyable. It shouldnt be like that.
I can deal with tactical tweaks. Its part of the game. I learned a lot about all the options and how they can influence the gameplay. This is useful.

But anything outside of this is starting to be bit silly. Gameplay mods, matts fixes, having to increase the match lenght or change pass assistance.. its a bit much.

Now my thoughts.

I played a lot of matches last night.
Tried all sorts of combinations to see how AI will play.

First I decreased match lenght to 15 mins to be able to play more matches and run more test.

Went to Legend. Tried on both - PA0 and PA1. Legend was less frantic. AI plays ball around ALMOST as it was human. Dribbles more (i mean holds the ball, not doing tricks or very little), pass to the back, sideways. Its ALMOST pleasant.

BUT

It has surgical precision. And I mean surgical.. Im not even talking about clinical finishing, because they had some misses.
I mean overall. Its like an absolute machine, both defensively and offensively. Its hard to describe, coz its both nice and frustrating at the same time.
It doesnt feel scripted, it doesnt feel momentum driven, but it feels... hopeless to play against them.
I could barely create any chances as they were so solid in defense. In offense - one tiny gap, one wrong move, and they were sending the ball to the net. Every time they scored I knew exactly why they scored. Ive seen this tiny mistake that I did. But in a long run - there is no way in hell Master League on Legend would be in any way similar to real life, when you have bottom 3 teams playing like this.

So I went to SuperStar. Again - both PA0 and PA1. SS is much more frantic and momentum driven than Legend. You dont feel like there is no hope to win the match, but some goals that they are scoring are just...insane. feels like you are playing against Tasmanian Devil. Walks around, wobbles, allows you to score and then goes into a frenzy and destroys you.
PA0 on SS adds to it because, regardless how good you are passing the ball around, you will make a mistake every now and then. And the ball just goes to their striker and he is one on one.

Then I went back to Wolves career, as TS is 95 there and I know every player inside out. Wanted to see how will this affect the play.
It wasnt much of a change. At least not as noticable as Id expect.

At the end, when I have decided that there will be no joy from playing on PA0 I went PA1, increased match lenght back to 20mins and took my foot of the gas completely. I was barely sprinting, passing ball around.
That slowed things down and Tasmanian Devil seemed a bit calmer.
Last two games on SS were quite enjoyable.
But I had two draws against bottom two teams.

Now, the question is - do I want to continue on SS trying to calm Tasmanian Devil for the rest of my time playing Pes19?
Do I want to sacrifice PA0 (which I enjoyed a lot) in order to stand a chance battling through seasons? (And probably ending lower mid table)
Do I have to pick a top team to fight back and change how I always played PES?

Or do I just go back to manual, drop to profesional and continue my ML which was fun and enjoyable?
Yes, on profesional its easy at times, AI doesnt shoot from distance often, I can do more solo runs and fancy tricks as they are not as good defense-wise.
But its fun.
When they are through on goal there isnt a 95% possibility it will be a goal. It feels more like a real match, with bottled chances, misplaced passes and there is no Brighton strikers that can run into a goal like Mbappe.

Dont get me wrong - I like a good challenge.
But I like a good challenge, where I know that I can improve and after a while I will see progress. Like in, I dont know, Dark Souls for example. You learn, you adapt, you win.
In here every match gets a reset.
Every match on SS starts from Barcelona on Steroids. It can be dealt with, it can be won at the end. But it also can get very boring very fast.

End of report. ;)
Nice insights!
I’ll stick with prof., fuma, 20 min.!
It’s all as you said. So I’m dumping down on prof. for the fun of it.
Gives me a enough of a challlenge while not making th AI to clinical and perfect.

Question; is there a difference in lag when comparing offline vs. online and offline vs. SharePlay?!

While I commend the enthusiasm of a handful of guys here who are still trying hard to enjoy the game and make it look better than what it actually is, I've spent the whole weekend getting my game up to speed with DLC 4.0/evoswitcher /Incas patches and other mods (And on PS4 as well with friends).

The game has fundamental gameplay issues which render it unplayable, Low cross goals are still there, The GKs are glued to their line and the defenses retreat into their own box like fools.

Every game is identical and it's just a matter of the script kicking in, You can see it coming if you have any experience with PES.

Konami,Adam and their shills have to thank the community for their work to save the game that they've tried to ruin for years now. They don't deserve us and should be put in their place for their lies and deception after every patch that delivers nothing of what is promised.

The game is still better than FIFA btw which is another sad reality of where we are lol

I'm so glad it's not just me, Rock. I took the PlayStation away on holiday looking forward to playing it each evening (with all the updates I've done to it), and it's totally ruined for me. Playing Kopenhagen in particular, on Top Player or Superstar, it's a joke. They pass around instantly, no need to ever control the ball so it's impossible to get near them, they make 90%+ of their passes, they've even started shooting from range (so something has definitely changed).

I was so angry that I quit half-way through, about four times, and went back to the other game, which isn't as good as PES was last week, but I don't really know what to do.

I'll just have to get past it and hope it's just a unique combination of their tactics that is making them specifically chesty-as-fuck to play against - but from what you're saying, it's not...

Thanks Konami...
This session to session variance has been in pes for ages now going back even as far as pes 5 (my first). A few games can be marvelous,, then you'll get a few turgid "neutral ones" and then you have the rage-inducing shit matches that have you pulling your hair out. Recently it has been the last option for about 80 percent of the time but I will say this. If you are on pc give the latest dt18 files from incas a go. The effects are noticeable and there a few summaries out there (one of which is mine) on what it does.

I get what you mean though with fifa. It is not nearly as cheaty or formulaic but the part where you're actually playing football (with the exception being shooting, that is excellent on fifa) just doesn't nearly feel as good as pes, WHEN it behaves and actually lets you play.

Finished my first ML season with Atalanta,and not being totally satisfied with it on SS,I decided to give that one a rest (might go back later on)

My choice for a new one on SS were to be a "good team" so I started two different MLs to decide which one I'd settle for after a trial run.
I did setup up both my ML teams exactly the same.
4-3-3 with pressure and centering targets/hug the touchline/

Inter
First game up was Vs Frosinone ,bottom 5 team.
That game was all on rails,like playing online with PA3.
1-1 draw,but awful game, something was just off

Milan
First game Vs Udinese
Lose gameplay,my players took their runs perfectly,defending felt smooth,never felt to much out of position,don't know if the reason Vs my game with Inter is that Milan plays like this IRL.
Won it 2-1

Played a 2nd game,this time Milan v Frosinone,controlled that game from start to finish,a few scares nothing more
Felt really good playing as Milan,everything clicks.
Two things happened.
A clean sheet and both my goals long shots a few meters outside the box,and win it 2-0.

I've done ML with Milan in Pes 15-16-17-18, probably a reason why it just feels right,but also knowing most players inside out helps to.
So now my new ML is up and running
20 min SS PA1

I m sorry guys but im done with this game, at least for now, the unresponsive nature and the stuff i mentioned before have hampered my belief that this is the game of football to play,unfortunately im gonna be back to pes 13 and maybe fifa 16 for a more rounded a overall better football experience, at least there is individuality showing in those, here, im sorry but every player moves like every other player

I m sorry guys but im done with this game, at least for now, the unresponsive nature and the stuff i mentioned before have hampered my belief that this is the game of football to play,unfortunately im gonna be back to pes 13 and maybe fifa 16 for a more rounded a overall better football experience, at least there is individuality showing in those, here, im sorry but every player moves like every other player
I get where you're coming from. If by any chance you are also able to play on pc please try @incas36 latest gameplay files. I was in the same boat as you are, tried the dt18 files because fifa wasn't cutting either and I'm completely sucked back in. Previous gameplay files were just small improvements comparatively. These latest files turn the game on its head in a good way.

Like a said I did start new ML yesterday. Full report will be provided in a while, as I want to get at least a season done before I judge overall experience.
Just wanted to give you little update, coz it was quite funny experience.

So, first of all, I got drunk like I said I would.
I decided to start somewhere else than EPL.
I ended up picking Parma, as all the elitists know - kits are most important, when picking a team! :LOL:

Parma turned out to be... how to put it nicely? Utter Shite. Apart of Gervinho and Bruno Alves they are terrible. And even those two are not great.
But I thought - hey, its even better this way. Im gonna build this team from scratch and every achievement will be me and my hard work.

Full of optimism, shite players and team spirit at 46 I went to start my first match against Liverpool in Pre-Season tournament.

Now... what about the difficulty? Fuck it, i'll go straight to Legendary - I thought.
So manual passing, basic shooting, shite players, 46 Team spirit and jump from Professional to Legendary. Will be grand!

...i stopped counting goals after 5.
Nah, Im messing. I didnt stop counting.
0-8! :LOL:
On the plus side - second half I lost only 0-2.
:LOL:

After this such a wonderful introduction to new team, I did few adjustments, gave Legendary middle finger, dropped to SS and skipped rest of pre-season tournament.

Played 3 games so far in the league.
All losses. But "normal" losses.
1-2, 0-1, 2-4.

But its all according to my predictions. New ML, new team, players that I dont know, low TS. Im ready for a season of pain.
I'll tip away with it and once I have my final report I will share with you.
Worst case scenario - i have a backup - enjoyable and fun Wolves campaign saved on the side.
Cheerio!

Well it will be interesting to here how it goes and compare it to my ML. Im on season2 of my ML with Parma, Professional, PA1 , Basic shooting for the variety.
Be prepared for a painful first season. See if our points tally is any better than mine. See if any players come good like in my ML. Theres a couple of decent players outwith Gervinho and Alves. Nearly finished season 2 .
IS there a difference between PA0 and full manual. I might try it to get a bit more freedom from PA1 and to see if the AI plays differently.
I have my conclusions about the AI i think almost decided. I have tried some of the advice on here apart from the -20 or was it -10 stats thing.

Also @Chris Davies
One theory I have,and it's been pretty much the same on PES 17-18,and the little experience I have on PES 19.
Playing EL/CL Vs no matter strong or weak teams,but very often 70-75 rated teams on TP/SS is so cheaty,I have had horrible games Vs weaker teams in my EL/CL campaigns.
I use to sin most of my Euro games on both Pes 17 and 18 just because they felt unplayable
I've started a new Master League because I wanted the benefit of DP4 (new stadiums, new faces, January transfers) - so I'm wondering if my issue is just that they've massively sped up players in DP4. Which this guy on Reddit seems to think has happened (even though he plays online).

I still can't believe it, and I keep going back to it because I keep thinking I'll go "OHHH it's because I'm using counter-attack instead of possession" or something. But nope. (This is playing as Newcastle, with a ~40 Team Spirit.)

What I can't get over is that A) the low-cross rinse-repeat AI is back, B) they're shooting - and scoring - from range too, C) I'm having players jog away from their position constantly and no amount of tactical changes is keeping them from wandering off.

I've got Jonjo Shelvey in midfield, playing as a CM, and it's like he's not allowed to cross the half-way line. When I control him and push forward with the other CM, as soon as I pass the ball and control goes back to the AI, he literally runs in a straight line backwards to the defence. Short of making him an AM, I don't know what I'm supposed to do to make him stay up with the midfield line.

As PESmaster.com shows, his playing style is "box-to-box" and he's got "long ranger" as an AI play-style - so why is he bombing back into defence like his mum's calling him home for tea every time I stop controlling him?

Over and over the AI will hit a low cross to a striker on the edge of the area, whose marking defender (whether I set man-marking or not) is yards off him, allowing him to strike the ball and put it in a corner. The keeper is only saving one shot out of every five.

If I play on all-out defence... They have the space in midfield to pass around, and my defenders will all be dragged out of position (or just wander off), and they score. Do that once or twice and I'll say "I've got the worse team so fair enough", but I'm 1-0 down within ten minutes and occasionally 4-0 down at half time.

If I play on all-out pressing/attack... I never get near a player because the AI just start stringing first-time passes together (at all angles, despite which way the ball-player is facing) and all I can do is watch as my players pointlessly chase around and the AI controls the game.

What the actual fuck is happening?

I've started a new Master League because I wanted the benefit of DP4 (new stadiums, new faces, January transfers) - so I'm wondering if my issue is just that they've massively sped up players in DP4. Which this guy on Reddit seems to think has happened (even though he plays online).

I still can't believe it, and I keep going back to it because I keep thinking I'll go "OHHH it's because I'm using counter-attack instead of possession" or something. But nope. (This is playing as Newcastle, with a ~40 Team Spirit.)

What I can't get over is that A) the low-cross rinse-repeat AI is back, B) they're shooting - and scoring - from range too, C) I'm having players jog away from their position constantly and no amount of tactical changes is keeping them from wandering off.

I've got Jonjo Shelvey in midfield, playing as a CM, and it's like he's not allowed to cross the half-way line. When I control him and push forward with the other CM, as soon as I pass the ball and control goes back to the AI, he literally runs in a straight line backwards to the defence. Short of making him an AM, I don't know what I'm supposed to do to make him stay up with the midfield line.

As PESmaster.com shows, his playing style is "box-to-box" and he's got "long ranger" as an AI play-style - so why is he bombing back into defence like his mum's calling him home for tea every time I stop controlling him?

Over and over the AI will hit a low cross to a striker on the edge of the area, whose marking defender (whether I set man-marking or not) is yards off him, allowing him to strike the ball and put it in a corner. The keeper is only saving one shot out of every five.

If I play on all-out defence... They have the space in midfield to pass around, and my defenders will all be dragged out of position (or just wander off), and they score. Do that once or twice and I'll say "I've got the worse team so fair enough", but I'm 1-0 down within ten minutes and occasionally 4-0 down at half time.

If I play on all-out pressing/attack... I never get near a player because the AI just start stringing first-time passes together (at all angles, despite which way the ball-player is facing) and all I can do is watch as they control the game.

What the actual fuck is happening?
It behaved strange as hell Saturday like we discussed earlier.
I had slightly better games early yesterday.
Then when restarting my ML,two completely different results ,one being like yours,almost unplayable with Inter.
Then two fantastic games with Milan.

Even if you don't want to change leagues/teams,have you tried some other teams/leagues?
I'm beginning to think it's hard coded that certain leagues plays very different from each other.

I never play PL on PES (that's for my FIFA) and I always play Serie A since I think they nail the pace/flow very well.

Looking is like no matter what you do with Newcastle/Premier League it's acting up right?

You could either try a new ML with Newcastle,and just swop the players out in your squad to sharper players (80+) and see it it's still an issue?

Strange thing with my Inter ML was that it felt like you described,and Inter is probably 83-85 ovr team!
But my Milan save is 80 and that plays like a charm (i did set it Up as close to their real tactics as possible)

Could it be down to any option file /patch?

Since moving from Atalanta to Milan I feel a big difference in how much better they react/ awareness etc.

I'm playing gegennpress at times,which means the non controlled Hum players are closer to their opponents by default.

Give some other league/team a go,or play with an edited / better Newcastle lineup just to see the difference,if there is one?

Are you playing fluid formations?
Could it be that Jonjos position gets over written by a second command/tactic?

Which game speed are you on,and game length.
If all goes down the toilet ,I feel that Profesional 15( 20 minutes even better) minute and PA0 still works quite solid

Last edited:
What's everyone opinion on basic shooting.. I had keita with 3/4 of the net to hit from 18 yards and he sliced it wide... On advanced that was going in 10/10times

Looking is like no matter what you do with Newcastle/Premier League it's acting up right?

Before DP4, I had a Newcastle save going, and I was half-way through the season with gameplay being absolutely brilliant. It's why I was coming into this thread for the first time in months (after leaving "the other game") and talking about my experiences building a team, slowly changing each players' tactical attributes.

So it can (or could) be done - a ML game on Superstar where the games are fair (but you still lose most games) - but now it's absolutely crazy and (for me) unplayable out of nowhere.

You could either try a new ML with Newcastle,and just swop the players out in your squad to sharper players (80+) and see it it's still an issue?
Not a bad idea. Maybe transferring out players who have left Newcastle and just bringing in Almiron (creating him from scratch) has worsened the overall team quality, and that's rendered it impossible (by making the AI play like super-football-robots - which isn't how it should work, but it clearly is).

But I can't help but feel something bigger has changed - especially when other people are noticing similar things.

Something has changed for the worse indeed, but I stand by my assertion that there is a thing called game by game variance or session by session variance. Pes will always throw a couple shit games interspersed with some great ones. Sometimes it's a streak of a LOT of good games but also a LOT of shit games. What's integral to this is player switching speed I think. Why do I say this? Because @incas36 has made a dt18 file which eliminates delay in player switching (among other things) and that has far reaching knock on effects. Player switching is one of the cheat mechanisms available to the cpu and it deliberately will delay either the speed or distance of switching, offering the cpu a clear path to goal and making your players look like bumbling idiots. both of which are variables in said dt18 file.

Anyway its just a thought ; I honestly don't think it has anything to do with switching just the one player or playing with a different team / In a different league or some such. We will always have shit games and great games. Even fifa had this variance with the game throwing everything at you during the winter season.

Something has changed for the worse indeed, but I stand by my assertion that there is a thing called game by game variance or session by session variance.
This game against Kopenhagen I've replayed about ten times now, and the gameplay is as terrible every time. Before DP4, I was really enjoying most games, even when I was dominated by a team (but when I was dominated by a team, it made sense, and it wasn't so blatantly "cheaty").

If I had a powerful enough PC (I don't - I've tried the demo), I'd give the mods a go. But I can't afford to drop new-PC money to play PES when, great gameplay or not, there's still so much wrong with the game (Master League boredom especially).

The speed increase is noticable and I did mention it before. Seems like fast players are indeed faster now and more responsive.
What game speed are you on, Chris?
Im on -1 and (even tho it feels ok most of the time) there was a match, where I went to options to confirm that Im still on -1, as it felt crazy fast (and that was Profesional).

So play on normal speed and add Superstar madness to it and you might have an answer.

The speed increase is noticable and I did mention it before. Seems like fast players are indeed faster now and more responsive.
What game speed are you on, Chris?
Im on -1 and (even tho it feels ok most of the time) there was a match, where I went to options to confirm that Im still on -1, as it felt crazy fast (and that was Profesional).

So play on normal speed and add Superstar madness to it and you might have an answer.
Since I bought the game around Christmas time, I had it on -1, but increased it around January after it felt slow compared to "the other game". Now I've had to lower it to -1 - although it doesn't really fix anything. Slowing the game down is one thing, stopping the first-time passes and the speed at which the AI move forwards is another (which makes the game seem faster than it actually is).

Since I bought the game around Christmas time, I had it on -1, but increased it around January after it felt slow compared to "the other game". Now I've had to lower it to -1 - although it doesn't really fix anything. Slowing the game down is one thing, stopping the first-time passes and the speed at which the AI move forwards is another (which makes the game seem faster than it actually is).
I was able to slow first time passes to a reasonable level on Superstar only by taking my foot completely off the gas and marking manually all the possible AI players and covering passing lanes. Myself. My team mates were absolute muppets.

But AI player runs is a whole different story.
Direct through balls were insane on Superstar and even tho I knew they will do it and tracked AI players, I simply couldnt catch them in most cases.

Hence I was saying - if I want to play Superstar ill need a strong team, but I dont really want to..
Pity I didnt try SS earlier so Id had something to compare to.

Before DP4, I had a Newcastle save going, and I was half-way through the season with gameplay being absolutely brilliant. It's why I was coming into this thread for the first time in months (after leaving "the other game") and talking about my experiences building a team, slowly changing each players' tactical attributes.

So it can (or could) be done - a ML game on Superstar where the games are fair (but you still lose most games) - but now it's absolutely crazy and (for me) unplayable out of nowhere.

Not a bad idea. Maybe transferring out players who have left Newcastle and just bringing in Almiron (creating him from scratch) has worsened the overall team quality, and that's rendered it impossible (by making the AI play like super-football-robots - which isn't how it should work, but it clearly is).

But I can't help but feel something bigger has changed - especially when other people are noticing similar things.
There's probably something off with the game,not necessarily on all difficulty/ leagues/teams
Maybe some adjustments to some league/players,have no clue.

My ML is pretty good (right now) and watching others game play it looks pretty decent,just saw a few videos from our old mate Deco's ML on TP /manual and with a Ligue 1 team,and that looked amazing,gameplay from today.

Anyway,it sucks that it's the way it is right now for you mate.
If it's unplayable,I'd go for restart!
Sucks,but if that helps,better than having a shit ML

This game against Kopenhagen I've replayed about ten times now, and the gameplay is as terrible every time. Before DP4, I was really enjoying most games, even when I was dominated by a team (but when I was dominated by a team, it made sense, and it wasn't so blatantly "cheaty").

If I had a powerful enough PC (I don't - I've tried the demo), I'd give the mods a go. But I can't afford to drop new-PC money to play PES when, great gameplay or not, there's still so much wrong with the game (Master League boredom especially).
I know what you mean. I remember having one of those on pes 5. Outcome would be the same each and every time right down to the scorelines. Scripting at its ugliest. Still pes 5 is one of the all time greats if not the single greatest football game ever to me.

As far as pc goes ; I really wouldn't do that either mate. I already had a decently powerful pc so for me it was a no-brainer really. And while some of the gameplay files really do make the game so much better, you would still have to contend with the subpar master league and all that. I guess the best route would be to go retro since fifa also isn't cutting it for you?

Have anyone tried to play ML in one of the "crappy" leagues?
Wonder how do matches feel in those.
Im actually tempted to try scottish PL, but obviously not with Celtic or Rangers.

On the other game I used to have great craic playing in the bottom pits of english football and gameplay was so much different due to crappy stats. I wonder if you can "feel" this in Pes. Or does Aberdeen plays like scottish Barcelona - wee bit teekee-takaa. ;)

Im actually tempted to try scottish PL, but obviously not with Celtic or Rangers.

On the other game I used to have great craic playing in the bottom pits of english football and gameplay was so much different due to crappy stats. I wonder if you can "feel" this in Pes. Or does Aberdeen plays like scottish Barcelona - wee bit teekee-takaa. ;)
First ML on release I played as just Aberdeen,with it's obvious flaws back then,I still remember it to be very different from my second one in Serie A.

I still believe you need an upper hand Vs the CPU,your 65 ovr team will always be worse than the CPUs 65 ovr.

In fifa we can fix that with a bump in the sliders going out way
If I'd do a ML there (or anywhere with crappier teams) I'd probably edit my players to be better than than most of my opponents.
That's our sliders to conquer or be even with the CPU
All depending on difficulty of course

I'm currently doing this. I always start in the championship on professional, work my way up to the premier league and European football and then transfer over to Ajax (Dutch eredivisie) and bump up to superstar. Most teams are two star except AZ (three) and feyenoord and psv (both around four). Unfortunately does not make much of difference in my experience.

I've got Jonjo Shelvey in midfield...

That'd be the Jam And Crumpet settings in Advanced Instructions.

If you move the Crumpet just above the half way line you should see an improvement but make sure to keep the Jam beside it.

This setting is unlocked by winning 10 games in a row on legendary so you may not see it.

I have to say since unlocking this in week 1, I absolutely love this game!!!

Back
Top Bottom