PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Some here are going to LOL, but I am beyond all stat editing. I finally found out how to play ML properly and messing up the stats would be the last thing you want to do because contrary to what I thought the whole time they actually DO matter.

I’ve seen the light, brothers!

Playing the Danish league in ML, im guessing the weakest league in the game with lowest overall rated players, on top player, manual passing , speed 0 ?

Some here are going to LOL, but I am beyond all stat editing. I finally found out how to play ML properly and messing up the stats would be the last thing you want to do because contrary to what I thought the whole time they actually DO matter.

I’ve seen the light, brothers!
giphy.gif

Why do headers not work in manual shooting? They don't even bother jumping.

Edit: Does anyone know whether league mode has promotion/relegation?

It ridiculous that headers are broken on manual. On top of it, this game is in dire need of lunge animations of varying kind. Far too often, players watch the ball roll inches away from them. Making an attempt, regardless of the outcome, would at least give you the feeling your players tried, but ballwatching just adds to the sense of unresponsiveness and frustration.

Finesse shots and headers don't work on manual, it's literally unforgivable they don't work, as it takes away two big sources of goals for all manual players, plus long shots are nerfed so that's 3 big sources gone. Unforgivable. Same as alot of things PES has removed from the game that was there previously.

Interesting, as ive actually had quite a bit of success heading using full manual shooting. I think they greatly improved via last patch. To the point I was quite happy with it... the R2 finesse shots.. now, that was bothersome :)

In saying that, since moving to 'basic' shooting, ive finally seen diving headers.. haven't seen one in FM shooting. Again, same with shooting, basic definitely offers way more variation with headers.. the situations.. good header's can head well. those who aren't, cannot header well.... Go BASIC SHOOTING...

@Lami - I think there are promotions/relegations in league mode.
I remember someone saying there were. Its basically same as ML apart from players aging, TS.... and transfers? Not 100% sure about last one.
Bare in mind - its not from experience.
Just remember someone saying it in here.

Interesting, as ive actually had quite a bit of success heading using full manual shooting. I think they greatly improved via last patch. To the point I was quite happy with it... the R2 finesse shots.. now, that was bothersome :)

In saying that, since moving to 'basic' shooting, ive finally seen diving headers.. haven't seen one in FM shooting. Again, same with shooting, basic definitely offers way more variation with headers.. the situations.. good header's can head well. those who aren't, cannot header well.... Go BASIC SHOOTING...
I'm enjoying manual ATM, so if heading don't work I'll be disappointed. I'll just go back to advanced. I'm not sure I like basic, because the ball sometimes goes where I never intended and it deflates my excitement for the goal.

@Lami - I think there are promotions/relegations in league mode.
I remember someone saying there were. Its basically same as ML apart from players aging, TS.... and transfers? Not 100% sure about last one.
Bare in mind - its not from experience.
Just remember someone saying it in here.
Hmm. Well I'm not sure I want to go through 46 championship games to find out 100% :CONFUSE:

Try quick double tap when ball is above your head
Thanks I'll try that and hope it works.

Hmm. Well I'm not sure I want to go through 46 championship games to find out 100%
As far as I know you can see arrows up and down indicating promotions/relegations from the start.
But Im sure someone here will know 100%.
I was trying to google but no luck so far.

As for manual headers - have a look at this bit
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-243#post-3348731

It was all about headers for a while. You might find it helpful.

@Rodchenko

As i'm interested about stats,and i almost found the way to convert them from FM seems to be intersting your thoughts.

If you can please share to us as well,maybe we can find together the right solution

Yes,promotions/relegations are a thing in league mode.
Good luck finding a league with multiple division though...:)

I played league campaigns on 17/18,the only thing different from a ML is the transfers,and not being able to sim games,you have to play all,or have games being played in coach mode (CPU v CPU)

Last edited:
Yes,promotions/relegations are a thing in league mode.
Good luck finding a league with multiple division though...:)

I played league campaigns on 17/18,the only thing different from a ML is the transfers,and not being able to sim games,you have to play all,or have games being played in coach mode (CPU v CPU)
Someone did not buy the "Sometimes you must do one step back to jump forward" , the " There were sacrifices needed to be done" and the " Our database reached its maximum capacity" excuses! :P :P :P

Someone did not buy the "Sometimes you must do one step back to jump forward" , the " There were sacrifices needed to be done" and the " Our database reached its maximum capacity" excuses! :P :P :P
The old konami database scam:)
Remember playing league mode on Pes 15 (or if I played CPU v CPU ) and every game on 15 Min ended 5-7 or 6-6

Konami must fix D2 leagues for Pes 20,so boring playing with no promotion/relegation

Thought you edited the whole Italian D2 from french D2..
It is practically hard to do it, cause you must sacrifice EFL, since French Ligue is fully licensed (logos/trophys are hard-locked) and if you can overcome this first obstacle, there are still only 20 European teams in PEU to create some Serie B , or LaLiga2, so you must dismiss completely German Teams like Bayern or BvB.
You could avoid this ark-transfer, by editing straight the EFL teams and players, but then you mess-up with players from EFL who have already scanned faces etc,etc, which for my taste is worse,for someone else maybe it is not. It is a loose/loose situation in the end.
The most evitable solution,for this year's mess, would be if you could attach a fake D2 to PEU, which is asked from KONAMI since pes 2015 with no response and if KONAMI returned the ex-PEA teams where they belong, to European Continent, or finally if we could transfer fake teams through continents.
I wrote my wish-letter to Santa Claus again! :P

It is practically hard to do it, cause you must sacrifice EFL, since French Ligue is fully licensed and if you can overcome this first obstacle, there are still only 20 European teams in PEU to create some Serie B , or LaLiga2 and you must dismiss completely German Teams like Bayern or BvB. You could avoid this ark-transfer, by editing straight the EFL teams and players, but then you mess-up with players from EFL who have already scanned faces etc,etc, which for my taste is worse,for someone else maybe it is not. It is a loose/loose situation in the end.
The most evitable solution,for this year's mess, would be if you could attach a fake D2 to PEU, which is asked from KONAMI since pes 2015 with no response and if KONAMI returned the ex-PEA teams where they belong, to European Continent, or finally if we could transfer fake teams through continents.
I re-wrote my wishletter to Santa Claus again! :P
Oh I know, pal, its a complete mess.
I've decided to stick to Premier League because of that, even tho I never played EPL Pes before.
But as far as I remember, @rockstrongo did change the whole french D2 into italian D2. Unless it was someone else. Memory is not what it used to be.. :LOL:

I've decided to stick to Premier League because of that, even tho I never played EPL Pes before.
But as far as I remember, @rockstrongo did change the whole french D2 into italian D2. Unless it was someone else. Memory is not what it used to be.. :LOL:
I am not sure too, think he tried the "English-way" !My memory is fading away for the most recent events too.
I sticked to EPL+EFL like you. When there is hardly time to fix the Brazilian League, it is too "risky" to open new quests.

Last edited:
Ha ha,you're right mate.
But I swopped the PL and Serie A,and then edited the whole championship to Serie B,and made the PEU league (rest of Europe into a stand alone greek league)

Didn't take that long,just changed the names etc, which meant that Hellas Verona had a few Tommy Smith's and McGregor's :)

Worst is that PL and Serie A has different rules for nr of subs,kinda like serie A and their nr of subs (7 Vs 11 i think)

To round it off,summarize it all.
Konami can fuck right off:)

Haha! So I was 50% right. That will do. Better result than against my wife anyway! :LOL:

Worst is that PL and Serie A has different rules for nr of subs,kinda like serie A and their nr of subs (7 Vs 11 i think)

Is it not possible to change rules in edit mode? I've seen some competition/league rules somewhere there when I was playing around.

Haha! So I was 50% right. That will do. Better result than against my wife anyway! :LOL:

Is it not possible to change rules in edit mode? I've seen some competition/league rules somewhere there when I was playing around.
Batting average Vs Wife .005

Yes,that's what I like the most on Pes Vs FIFA,you can edit how a league table counts,is it +/- in goal difference or is it wins that counts the most if two teams end up on the same point.
Or how how many yellow cards does it take for a suspension,or red cards,how long suspension etc.

FIFA has one game suspension for a straight red for instance,no matter the league you play.
Real rules (not FIFA's shit rules) gets you suspended for 3 games in the PL etc

But nr of subs can't be changed,was never a problem when Pes had D2s though,and I think it's a great feature that they have individual rules for each league.
God I miss playing Pes...

Bbh
@Rodchenko

As i'm interested about stats,and i almost found the way to convert them from FM seems to be intersting your thoughts.

If you can please share to us as well,maybe we can find together the right solution

I didn‘t want to raise expectations. It‘s only that I found out for me personally how to approach this game and that I practically did this „wrong“ the whole time by assuming you have to treat it like FIFA career.

Someone said here a while ago that PES was a bit like a turn-based strategy game. I first thought he was joking, but now I see how this is totally true, particularly in ML (which is all I am playing).

There is an intricate system of stats and traits, players have „characters“, they develop, they level up. So it‘s really a bit like in Skyrim or Fallout. On the pitch these stats and traits are compared in every tackle, pass, shot, run etc. and have a big influence on the outcome of the situation.

Example: for the longest time I had problems with headers (you probably remember the discussion I kicked off here), then, of all games in the Manchester Derby, I got a corner. I swapped my default kicker Pogba with Thiago Alcantara who has not only higher crossing stats but also the „pinpoint crossing“ trait. Thanks to the tip of the guys here how to get tall CBs down the pitch for set pieces I summoned Smalling who has the „heading“ trait and good jumping stats. Lo and behold, he scored a beautiful, slightly downward header that had me jump out of my seat. It‘s the mix, stupid!

So, yes, it‘s like mixing potions or designing weapons in an RPG. Of course, skills still factor in, just as form, tactical settings, TS and random elements but the stats (and more so the traits) play a HUGE role and shouldn‘t be touched imo - at least in ML.

What has been the biggest revelation for me was that when I accept that this is less of an on-pitch simulation but rather a simulation of the tactical challenges that are thrown at you, you suddenly stop feeling cheated by the AI. What I considered a „cheat“ for the longest time is but an indicator from the game that either your tactical settings are off or the mix of players/positions (aka stats and traits) needs to be optimized - not only before the match but constantly, during it. The beauty is, there is a solution for every challenge, a counter move to every attack.

I know some here will now go „Duh, really? This is what you find out now? I could have told you that 10 years ago“ but please rejoice, this game has turned a PESsimist into a fan.

Last edited:
I´ve seen this and I mentioned it some time ago. I noticed that the game works on a tactical challenge throughout the time. I had games where I felt that if I wasn´t using the "correct" tactic, CPU would destroy me, but as soon as I change the tactic on that match, CPU played diferently. Maybe it´s a way to force us to change tactics for each match, and sometimes those tactics tweaks might not even make sense 100%, but yeah, I´ve seen this. Consider ML as a set of mini challenges, where to be sucessfull, you have to read each match, and choose the right powers (tactics) to defeat your opponent. Not always intuitive though.

It ridiculous that headers are broken on manual. On top of it, this game is in dire need of lunge animations of varying kind. Far too often, players watch the ball roll inches away from them. Making an attempt, regardless of the outcome, would at least give you the feeling your players tried, but ballwatching just adds to the sense of unresponsiveness and frustration.

Exactly this

You know they had it better somewhat in pes 2016 and 2017 I scored some great goals in ML where my striker threw himself at the ball or slid it in at the far post after stretching for it one in particular stands out where I faced inter in the coppa italia and scraped a 3 3 draw at home I blasted it low across the face of goal and my striker came sliding in far post and went in the net with the ball that goal looked brilliant

I remember going on training mode in pes 2018 and trying to make it happen but the players just wouldn't do it what a weird thing to remove I think only the weird karate kick one remains

Got to hold my hands up, I've not enjoyed the game at all this year and I've been playing the other game - but every time there's a patch and/or an option file update, I've given it another chance, and immediately come away disappointed.

Last night, I took PES 2019 to a friend's, where we normally play the other game, but we've got to a point where we're just fed up with how poor the AI teams play now (not the thread for it so I'll stop there).

It took over an hour to update everything (I downloaded an option file from PESgaming and then I updated all of the recent manager changes, and tried to delete as many fake players as possible - or at least render them useless - which you can't then share through option files because you can't import/export the free agents pool of players or managers without ridiculous workarounds).

Anyway.

We started a Master League together, as Everton. First friendly was against Basel.

We had ten shots, couldn't score (lots of those exact same misses, if you know what I mean - a foot or so wide of the post all the time, for no real reason).

They had three shots - scored them all. On regular difficulty.
(How many times have you read posts or tweets about this?)

So I started ranting about how shit football games are now, how there's no 2019 football game we can play because there's only two and they've both got such deep, seemingly impossible-to-fix problems.

But we carried on, and I'll hold my hands up. We had a blast.

Being able to see the AI's formation beforehand (unlike the other game) and making tweaks to suit makes a huge difference - and playing against a Watford team who were very central, we kept hitting balls out to wingers and pulling the ball back for Sigurðsson to either hit long shots, or play in Tosun (who is hilariously rubbish for us). It was the one game we bossed.

It feels to me like when two players are human-controlled, it shifts the balance a little - from your own players cheating you, to standing a bit more of a chance (for example, when I play alone and try to send a player on a run, they literally start moving at walking pace - whereas here, your friend can make the run, so you've actually got a chance).

We only played ten games, so we may (and in all likelihood will) end up hating it by next month - but it's the only joy I've had out of PES this year, and I'm just glad to be able to enjoy a football game again.

Question - is PS4 Share Play still broken for PES (2019) and option files?

There's a Sony rule that in order to access any custom-made content (which could technically feature adult content), you have to sign in with your PSN account, which verifies your age.

When doing Share Play and the host invites someone, you are signed in as a "guest" (with no way of signing in with your PSN account), so all option file content is disabled.

Is there any workaround yet?

(I'm wondering what happens if the host enters Master League and then invites you after the content has loaded - or what happens if the host sends a "play as me" invite, and then uses a second controller to play that's connected up to a different PSN account.)

EDIT: Just found this, but it would mean doing an hour's-plus work on the option file all over again...

Do you happen to have two controllers? If you do, you need to create a child account (attached to your main account), make it 18-years-old, and allow User-Generated Media under parental controls. You then need to boot up PES with the child account and import the option file of your choosing (as edit data is tied to the account). I'm not entirely sure, but you might need to import said option file on your main account as well.

To play the game from here on out, you'll need to load the game and create a party with your child account. Boot PES, create a party, start Share Play, give controller to guest. Once you're in the player select screen, simply use your second controller to sign into your main account and you're good to go!

Last edited:
Question - is PS4 Share Play still broken for PES (2019) and option files?

There's a Sony rule that in order to access any custom-made content (which could technically feature adult content), you have to sign in with your PSN account, which verifies your age.

When doing Share Play and the host invites someone, you are signed in as a "guest" (with no way of signing in with your PSN account), so all option file content is disabled.

Is there any workaround yet?

(I'm wondering what happens if the host enters Master League and then invites you after the content has loaded - or what happens if the host sends a "play as me" invite, and then uses a second controller to play that's connected up to a different PSN account.)

I don't know what Share Play is but the option file workaround for local co-op mode is to turn off the second controller at the kit selection screen and then back on again after selecting the kits. Not sure if this method can be applied here.

Kevin-Prince Boateng to Barcelona?
I woke up to this? Nah, homie... I must be dreaming still...

Sorry of the off-topic! I just needed to share.

Hi,

I'm a new member and looking forward to reading through some of the content on this forum.

I’ve had a search and also tested some options with no joy so I wondering if you knew a solution.

I want to play PES online with my brother, we use a private lobby and just pick random teams in the Premier League.

However, we really want to create our own team to use for these private lobby matches. So Picking our favourite players and adding them to a team.

We tried base copying players, adding them to a random team, then starting a master league with that team and they appear correctly. However when you export from ML and save team data, then load user data from a private lobby match, it pulled in the old players. I did see something mention about not showing edited players.

Does any one know of other options? Was thinking maybe base copying say Da Gea, keeping base copy at Utd, but transfer original to random team, start ML with random team, save user data etc. Although that would mean if we’re playing online, Man Utd would lose Da Gea as the base copy version wouldn’t show.

TL;DR - We want to play against each other online but using a mixture of our favourite players.

Cheers
Marty

Kevin-Prince Boateng to Barcelona?
I woke up to this? Nah, homie... I must be dreaming still...

Sorry of the off-topic! I just needed to share.

I thought you were referring to one of your ML transfers, lol. Just saw that it really happens. He said „it‘s sad to leave Sassuolo“. Funny guy.

Back
Top Bottom