PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I thought you were referring to one of your ML transfers, lol. Just saw that it really happens. He said „it‘s sad to leave Sassuolo“. Funny guy.

Yeah. This transfer smells fishy to me.
Why would you want this guy, who's 31 years old now?
I would have understood it back when he was 24. He used to be a great hope for the future. But he never really lived up to the expectations. So why now?.
You want a substitute for Suarez? Great. Go get a young player who can be developed for the future.

Hi,

I'm a new member and looking forward to reading through some of the content on this forum.

I’ve had a search and also tested some options with no joy so I wondering if you knew a solution.

I want to play PES online with my brother, we use a private lobby and just pick random teams in the Premier League.

However, we really want to create our own team to use for these private lobby matches. So Picking our favourite players and adding them to a team.

We tried base copying players, adding them to a random team, then starting a master league with that team and they appear correctly. However when you export from ML and save team data, then load user data from a private lobby match, it pulled in the old players. I did see something mention about not showing edited players.

Does any one know of other options? Was thinking maybe base copying say Da Gea, keeping base copy at Utd, but transfer original to random team, start ML with random team, save user data etc. Although that would mean if we’re playing online, Man Utd would lose Da Gea as the base copy version wouldn’t show.

TL;DR - We want to play against each other online but using a mixture of our favourite players.

Cheers
Marty

A scenario like this makes MyClub a worthwhile adventure - I know this because I once believed folks would stick with 2015 when 2016 released or 2016 when 2017 released....but they didn't.

If you and your brother are agreeable you build your teams over the course of the year and by year 2 you have a decent squad of players to select from.

I don't think what your asking can be done any other way - I'm happy to be corrected - because it would have such a negative effect on myclub participation.

If I was in this scenario and had a play partner, I'd probably be a bigger fan of the myclub format.

Hi,

I'm a new member and looking forward to reading through some of the content on this forum.

I’ve had a search and also tested some options with no joy so I wondering if you knew a solution.

I want to play PES online with my brother, we use a private lobby and just pick random teams in the Premier League.

However, we really want to create our own team to use for these private lobby matches. So Picking our favourite players and adding them to a team.

We tried base copying players, adding them to a random team, then starting a master league with that team and they appear correctly. However when you export from ML and save team data, then load user data from a private lobby match, it pulled in the old players. I did see something mention about not showing edited players.

Does any one know of other options? Was thinking maybe base copying say Da Gea, keeping base copy at Utd, but transfer original to random team, start ML with random team, save user data etc. Although that would mean if we’re playing online, Man Utd would lose Da Gea as the base copy version wouldn’t show.

TL;DR - We want to play against each other online but using a mixture of our favourite players.

Cheers
Marty
You can already do this, ProEvoNetwork use it to run like online master league... Just update data patch and transfer your unedited players to say Lyon. Then save edit data then start a new master league as Lyon then save team data in ml menu. Then load up online friendly lobby, in room menu click load use data both of you. Then when choosing team don't choose Lyon choose load user data at very bottom of teams selection

You can already do this, ProEvoNetwork use it to run like online master league... Just update data patch and transfer your unedited players to say Lyon. Then save edit data then start a new master league as Lyon then save team data in ml menu. Then load up online friendly lobby, in room menu click load use data both of you. Then when choosing team don't choose Lyon choose load user data at very bottom of teams selection

Thanks Pagi84, that’s the process we thought would be needed but good to get confirmation that it’s the best approach. Thanks again for the reply.

We had ten shots, couldn't score (lots of those exact same misses, if you know what I mean - a foot or so wide of the post all the time, for no real reason). They had three shots - scored them all. On regular difficulty.
(How many times have you read posts or tweets about this?)

The tournament at the beginning of a new ML is a total waste of time. Your team's initial chemistry is bad and under-developed, and on top of that winning the tournament is a "mission" from your club owner which makes the whole thing extra challenging. Typical Konami to discourage the players by doing this at the beginning of a new season. I usually skip it by simulating the results.

We only played ten games, so we may (and in all likelihood will) end up hating it by next month - but it's the only joy I've had out of PES this year, and I'm just glad to be able to enjoy a football game again.

You need to hang in there and really change tactics and players from the default lineup and you will be successful. Trust me. I don't know about Everton but at United Pogba receives a leadership role before the first EPL fixture (there is this animation thingy) and when you then give him the captaincy from Valencia (who has it by default) TS goes up from 83 to 92 or 93! As for the wingers not running: try playing 4-3-3 with long balls, wide support, flexible positioning and high support range, that opens up space. In advanced tactics I would pick "Hug the touchline" to make them go out really wide and "Wing Rotation" to initiate even more runs and options.

Again, the key is to not approach this like FIFA. The formation and tactics Everton applies IRL are probably not the ones that will work in the game.

Edit: didn‘t want to come across as a know-it-all. I was ready to uninstall the game myself only two weeks ago because it didn‘t spark any joy either. But it takes time. I played the opening match against Burnley (also a "mission" game) a good dozen times with different formations, players and tactical settings until I finally got a grasp of what each setting does and which ones are more successful in a given situation. I think it really takes this dedication to bring out the goods.

Last edited:
The tournament at the beginning of a new ML is a total waste of time. Your team's initial chemistry is bad and under-developed, and on top of that winning the tournament is a "mission" from your club owner which makes the whole thing extra challenging. Typical Konami to discourage the players by doing this at the beginning of a new season. I usually skip it by simulating the results.

You need to hang in there and really change tactics and players from the default lineup and you will be successful. Trust me. I don't know about Everton but at United Pogba receives a leadership role before the first EPL fixture (there is this animation thingy) and when you then give him the captaincy from Valencia (who has it by default) TS goes up from 83 to 92 or 93! As for the wingers not running: try playing 4-3-3 with long balls, wide support, flexible positioning and high support range, that opens up space. In advanced tactics I would pick "Hug the touchline" to make them go out really wide and "Wing Rotation" to initiate even more runs and options.

Again, the key is to not approach this like FIFA. The formation and tactics Everton applies IRL are probably not the ones that will work in the game.

Edit: didn‘t want to come across as a know-it-all. I was ready to uninstall the game myself only two weeks ago because it didn‘t spark any joy either. But it takes time. I played the opening match against Burnley (also a "mission" game) a good dozen times with different formations, players and tactical settings until I finally got a grasp of what each setting does and which ones are more successful in a given situation. I think it really takes this dedication to bring out the goods.

We shouldnt have to play a match 6 times to find the right tactics though, or have to delve deep into player stats to see who has the "Playmaker" attribute or whatever to get TS up so that players become controllable.
Its all irelevant anyway the script decides how responsive your players will be at certain times during a match and how deadly the forwards will be, 2 ,3 or 4 rocket shots like Ronaldo does into the top corner by average players from the likes of Bologna , Chievo etc. Then you play Juventus and win 1-0. Ronaldo becomes the worst player ever, took the ball of him umpteen times easily.

We shouldnt have to play a match 6 times to find the right tactics though, or have to delve deep into player stats to see who has the "Playmaker" attribute or whatever to get TS up so that players become controllable.
Its all irelevant anyway the script decides how responsive your players will be at certain times during a match and how deadly the forwards will be, 2 ,3 or 4 rocket shots like Ronaldo does into the top corner by average players from the likes of Bologna , Chievo etc. Then you play Juventus and win 1-0. Ronaldo becomes the worst player ever, took the ball of him umpteen times easily.

Absoletely right. I am absoluely in for a tactical approach, but that´s no excuse for players behaving beyond logic on the pitch. Better let´s not encourage KONAMI to follow this way just because it is now decrypted.

Yes, replaying matches is a bit obsessive, I agree, but ML being primarily a manager mode you absolutely should have a look at your players' strength and weaknesses and where and when you put them on the pitch. You can of course ignore all that and hope it all arranges itself automatically like it does in the other game, but then you tend to get frustrated sooner or later. I did, at least. There were only two options: abandon the game or try to understand its mechanics.

Absoletely right. I am absoluely in for a tactical approach, but that´s no excuse for players behaving beyond logic on the pitch. Better let´s not encourage KONAMI to follow this way just because it is now decrypted.

Both are spot on.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, replaying matches is a bit obsessive, I agree, but ML being primarily a manager mode you absolutely should have a look at your players' strength and weaknesses and where and when you put them on the pitch. You can of course ignore all that and hope it all arranges itself automatically like it does in the other game, but then you tend to get frustrated sooner or later. I did, at least. There were only two options: abandon the game or try to understand its mechanics.

That's no excuse for scripting, is it?.

Old WE/PES used to have more advanced and more complex tactics/strategy options in Master League (being primarily a manager mode, like you said) but they didn't feel so goddamn scripted

2015121717485019.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with both views also. Changing match tactics on the fly is crucial. Positioning your players higher or lower on the pitch is very important. Still, scripting is soooo evident, it gets frustrating, specially on higher levels.

I really like PES2019 and in major parts i even adore it as the best footygame ever. I compensate some strange AI behaviour with careful playstyle and it´s really okay for me to accept it as bug or technical shortcoming anytime. But knowing it is all on purpose to enforce some RPG player puzzle would really upset me.

I really like PES2019 and in major parts i even adore it as the best footygame ever. I compensate some strange AI behaviour with careful playstyle and it´s really okay for me to accept it as bug or technical shortcoming anytime. But knowing it is all on purpose to enforce some RPG player puzzle would really upset me.

I have a love-hate relationship with 2019.
Sometimes I want to cry myself to sleep. Sometimes I smile like a little kid enjoying the game.
Sometimes I feel I'm actually fighting with the players instead of controlling them.

A lot of my frustration comes with the scripting.
But it's also so frustrating when what you picture in your head as you play can't be translated into actual actions in the game.

That's no excuse for scripting, is it?.

Yes, there is scripting, and yes, it is infuriating at times, especially on Superstar, especially in ML.

The difference to me between two weeks ago and now is that I can accept the scripting because there are things you can do to counter it. These things don't work all of the time, and you often need a bit of luck, but when they work out it's often very rewarding. It's like sticking the AI a middle finger.

What you cannot do is make the scripting (in ML) go away – not with editing, not with stat changes – because it is an intrinsic part of the game's design – always has been. I wouldn't actually be able to tell whether scripting is worse this year than 18 years ago when I played ISSPE2, which had me ruin a good number of controllers and rage quit every other game. What I do agree with, however, is that the tactical options were way less cryptic and confusing back then. This is really something Konami should work on to make this whole part more inviting to players.

Funny, btw, that I apparently have turned into one of the game's most ardent 'defenders'...

Yes, there is scripting, and yes, it is infuriating at times, especially on Superstar, especially in ML.

The difference to me between two weeks ago and now is that I can accept the scripting because there are things you can do to counter it. These things don't work all of the time, and you often need a bit of luck, but when they work out it's often very rewarding. It's like sticking the AI a middle finger.

What you cannot do is make the scripting (in ML) go away – not with editing, not with stat changes – because it is an intrinsic part of the game's design – always has been. I wouldn't actually be able to tell whether scripting is worse this year than 18 years ago when I played ISSPE2, which had me ruin a good number of controllers and rage quit every other game. What I do agree with, however, is that the tactical options were way less cryptic and confusing back then. This is really something Konami should work on to make this whole part more inviting to players.

Funny, btw, that I apparently have turned into one of the game's most ardent 'defenders'...

I can totally relate to this.

Lately I´ve been working on the tactics side, trying to read each match an positioning players accordingly, and the results have been interesting. I can "fill" the spaces a bit better, I can make my players stay in the right position on CPU counters most of the time, and I know this because I´ve been playing the same match a dew times on purpose to study this.

Last time I was winning 1-0, but CPU scored 2 goals so I said "here we go again". But I changed a bit my attacking positions and went full attack mode, and scored 2. So yeah, there´s a felling that we can respond and change the outcome, it´s like we can confuse the CPU a bit at times, and if we afford to convert those chances, it feels really nice.

Like @xicpanad I agree with both views.
I think the idea of TS is great but execution is terrible. Scripting is there and you can feel it in Pes19 more than ever before.

But

I had a blast with most of the matches I played recently. I never put two and two together, but half way through the season, when it was getting really miserable and I was fighting to stay in D1, I started to play around with tactics and players much more than I did before.
So big part of my "fun" could potentially be caused by more tactical approach, which im using on regular bases now.

Last edited:
If we now class PES as an RPG …. and no longer in jest …. I don't think I need to buy a PES again (for ML/MyCLub components at least).

RPGs can be finished (e.g. mass effect) . Others cannot (e.g. Diablo3).

I've got Mass Effect and Diablo - Mass Effect I played and completed.

Diablo3 released on console in 2014 and still plays as a game I can go back to.

If I start to see PES as an RPG now, I realise I never need to buy a future PES because I would be overloaded with another unfinished RPG.

I just don't have the time to invest in playing MyClub online nor to play PES like an RPG offline.

At best, I think it'll be an annual purchase for a heavily discounted PES and to think that what I am paying for is Exhibition mode and the new roster ONLY and the rest is just fluff.

If we now class PES as an RPG …. and no longer in jest …. I don't think I need to buy a PES again (for ML/MyCLub components at least).

RPGs can be finished (e.g. mass effect) . Others cannot (e.g. Diablo3).

I've got Mass Effect and Diablo - Mass Effect I played and completed.

Diablo3 released on console in 2014 and still plays as a game I can go back to.

If I start to see PES as an RPG now, I realise I never need to buy a future PES because I would be overloaded with another unfinished RPG.

I just don't have the time to invest in playing MyClub online nor to play PES like an RPG offline.

At best, I think it'll be an annual purchase for a heavily discounted PES and to think that what I am paying for is Exhibition mode and the new roster ONLY and the rest is just fluff.

I think a lot of people disagree with the way I described it, and I didn‘t mean to say it IS an RPG, more that it has certain elements of one, and that only in ML.

I am pretty certain you can play through ML/myClub without ever bothering with tactics or traits. I did for years.

I think a lot of people disagree with the way I described it, and I didn‘t mean to say it IS an RPG, more that it has certain elements of one, and that only in ML.

I am pretty certain you can play through ML/myClub without ever bothering with tactics or traits. I did for years.

I believe the best comparison here is not a RPG element, but a Chess one. CPU presents us with a combination of moves, and we have to find the way to counter them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t, just like with RL coaches. This is the essence and I welcome it. The way it´s implemented though, is another story. The scripting is there to mask some things that CPU still can´t do, and also to create emotional, story driven matches and career mode. It is overpowered to say the least, and it is far too easy to lead players to a frustrating experience.

TBH, I hope they´ll never go back on this idea. Worst problem I always had with retro PES titles was that, after building a Top team, I would win every single tournament and league without effort. It would become boring after a couple seasons, and I don´t wanna go back to that. What we need now is a system that´s it is both dificult, challenging, but intuitive and easy to understand, so that when we win, we feel our choices were wright, and wen we loose, we realise why it happened and accept it.

Guys what would you choose for Pes 2020?
A more refined Pes 2019 with (slightly) better gameplay, better menus, better ai and so on.. but still on Fox Engine or
a completely new approach on a new engine (Unreal 4 for example) which would have bigger problems of course because it's a new project but would be something fresh and a new chance for Konami?

Personally I don't think that we will get a new engine this year. I think it's going to be Fox until 2021 at least.

^ a fix for that would make every ML start with a false team with a low budget, make transfers realistic and difficult .. That way it can be totally based around stats but hard to get the complete team to win everything.. Il sure the older pes games were like this... It took a while to buy someone half decent but when you did it made a difference.. Likewise when they were injured you felt it.

A more refined Pes 2019 with (slightly) better gameplay, better menus, better ai and so on.. but still on Fox Engine or
a completely new approach on a new engine (Unreal 4 for example) which would have bigger problems of course because it's a new project but would be something fresh and a new chance for Konami?

Personally I don't think that we will get a new engine this year. I think it's going to be Fox until 2021 at least.

I'd personally go for a new engine-
We can still play PES 2019 in the meantime, but at least they'd get started. The sooner they ditch the current development, the sooner PES can go back to being what it once was.

But I don't think PES will be released under a new engine until Playstation 5 and a new XBOX are out either.

I don't know. I definitely see the differences. Maybe a player can't outrun another for long though, say from the halfway line to the box, but they can outrun them in shorter distances. Passing and shooting accuracy difference I don't see much though. Ball control, dribbling and explosive power I definitely do. Also keeper's stats.

I believe the best comparison here is not a RPG element, but a Chess one. CPU presents us with a combination of moves, and we have to find the way to counter them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn´t, just like with RL coaches. This is the essence and I welcome it. The way it´s implemented though, is another story. The scripting is there to mask some things that CPU still can´t do, and also to create emotional, story driven matches and career mode. It is overpowered to say the least, and it is far too easy to lead players to a frustrating experience.

TBH, I hope they´ll never go back on this idea. Worst problem I always had with retro PES titles was that, after building a Top team, I would win every single tournament and league without effort. It would become boring after a couple seasons, and I don´t wanna go back to that. What we need now is a system that´s it is both dificult, challenging, but intuitive and easy to understand, so that when we win, we feel our choices were wright, and wen we loose, we realise why it happened and accept it.

If PES was marketed as a chess game and you have correctly identified the intricate elements to this game it could actually be the GREATEST VIDEO GAME ever to exist, yet the majority of us don't even know it.

Sounds like that to access this great game one must have patience, skills, understanding. They must also have the discipline to stay away from MyCLub - a haven where false pretenders lie, curse at each other and give money to the greed machine.

If this were true then PES is the greatest game ever. (The problem is that this still remains hypothetical)

Yeah. This transfer smells fishy to me.
Why would you want this guy, who's 31 years old now?
I would have understood it back when he was 24. He used to be a great hope for the future. But he never really lived up to the expectations. So why now?.
You want a substitute for Suarez? Great. Go get a young player who can be developed for the future.

Going offtopic again sorry, but money laundering, will most likely be sold for big money to the CSL in the summer, just like paulinho.

Why don' t you guys use "evo web twitter"to try to communicate with Konami and the others guys like Tanvir,Bhatti,Lindgard etc? :)..we are a largest community for Pes,we have a great modders here and i think our thoughts can be shared to try to force Konami's crew to change something. This is just my idea,but i can see that the twitter account of Evo "almost inactive". What do you think about this? :)

Why don' t you guys use "evo web twitter"to try to communicate with Konami and the others guys like Tanvir,Bhatti,Lindgard etc? :)..we are a largest community for Pes,we have a great modders here and i think our thoughts can be shared to try to force Konami's crew to change something. This is just my idea,but i can see that the twitter account of Evo "almost inactive". What do you think about this? :)

I was wondering the same..

Im not here long so I cant really push people into doing anything. Its a touchy subject. Especially since a lot of people from here had some sort of a "relation" with people on Konami side.
This relation was not always good (hi Daniel!).

This is my personal opinion, but I think a lot of people here gave up and are feeling like outcasts..

Having said that I do believe that Evo-Web has power to change/influence things.
Konami people might not like Evo-Web, but they respect Evo-Web.

I was looking at pesuniverse, where they create surveys, gather feedback, engage with community. I dont think they do this for the craic. They dont need any opinions, they just do option files. So Im sure they are in contact with Konami people feeding everything back to them.

Having so many mature and talented people in here, who has been with Pes since the beginning, I do believe we could have same, if not bigger influence than pesuniverse.

Problem is, the way I see it (again - only MY guess, I dont know history of Evo-Web), Evo-Web and Konami people seems like old friends who fell out. And the more time passed, the more difficult is to start talking again..

When I did my last review video, I changed Man City's stats to make every player have the worst possible attributes (all 40s), and it truly didn't change anything. I don't know what really goes on behind-the-scenes of the code - but it feels like when you play the AI, you're playing the difficulty level and the "player cards" (or whatever they're called).

That video was one of the only things I've ever received "official" feedback for, and I was told it was genuinely helpful. If there's ever a point you really want to hammer home, make a video that someone could understand no matter what language they speak, that proves your point beyond doubt. It might make a difference (who knows).

Why don' t you guys use "evo web twitter"to try to communicate with Konami and the others guys like Tanvir,Bhatti,Lindgard etc? :)
I was wondering the same..
We have contact with Konami reps, and they're great. I wish I could go into detail about the work they do. But. The reps know what we want. Trust me, at this point I would be surprised if there was any wish we could tell them that they didn't already know. The problem (i.e. this feedback becoming part of an action plan) is further along the chain.

FIFA have (hundreds of) "Gamechangers", who have direct lines to devs to discuss their desires - and it feels worse for this, because the feedback is 99% FUT-related and eventually the game will become Trick-Nutmeg-RRRECKED-PWNED-Arcade-Bullshit 2020.

PES is something else, and it always has been. I was writing letters to Konami when I was 15 years old (20 years ago) begging for things we're still begging for today (and some were added, only to be removed down the line - I'm looking at you, hire/fire staff).

Problems come from Japanese managers in Konami. If they decide Pes has to be developed with the lowest budget possible and earn as much money as possible they are shaping the game to be what we have seen these recent years.

Little money for development means less developers, and the ones that are working on the game are overwhelmed with things to do, often having to manage two completely different sections of the game. So, this means less accuracy when developing the code and many bugs and issues that are never fixed. Couple this with the nonexistant beta testing and the focus on online and you will understand why even gameplay feels so limited.

Pes needs a revolution, but they can't even manage a solid evolution the way they are developing the game now. All because of Konami's executives. They are the ones to make decisions, even if dev team understands there is something wrong with the game. developers simply don't have the manpower to act and really improve the gameplay.

It's all done with such costraints that we will have in February the two stadiums they promised almost one year ago and i bet all dev team focus has been on releasing the stadiums as quickly as possible, so probably they don't even have time to sit there, debug the code, and try to fix gameplay issues. The patch they released is just an hotfix that really didn't change anything about the way AI attacks. Obviously you can't really fix anything when something is so deeply flawed. A quick fix won't do that.

In conclusion, if you want to give feedback feel free, but right now it's useless as it's destined to fall on deaf ears most probably because they don't have the means to act on it. Blame the executives, blame the same Konami that decided console games are no more useful to earn money, don't blame developers that always do the best they can with the limited resources they receive.

Last edited:

Hmmm, I don´t really think that the engine is the problem.

The base game is good, but it´s lacking of fine-tuning in so many areas.
Proof is the edit section (modified dt18 file for gameplay changes, camera mods) and the editing (toning down) of player stats, as Lami did.
Penalties are missing, injury-, foul system, teamspirit, ML feautures and the damn league database need to be reworked.

I don´t think that the above named sections need another engine to be done the right way.

I´m sure KONAMI could get most of these right already, but they just don´t do it.

Back
Top Bottom