PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

right now there is simply no market for a well-balanced offline simulation.
Sorry, but I call bs.

They haven't even tried for us to know.

Also, "everyone" said no one cares about good story driven offline single player games anymore, and it's all about online and that's what the kids want. God of War, Spiderman, RDR 2, all say hello.

There is place for both offline and online. It's just company higher-ups want to try push the market in a certain direction because that's where their pot of gold is, and make everyone believe no one wants to play anything but Battle Royale style games.

But like @Ameppe said, the higher ups aren't even bothering, and I honestly hope microtransactions blow up in their face at some point in the near future.

Sorry, but I call bs.

Fair enough, but you are preaching to the choir. I have – since PES contains an online component – not played one single match online. I tried two in FIFA, didn't like it. It's like chatting on Facebook with a complete stranger. Not my thing.

I should have specified, though: "no market in *sports* gaming". Sorry.

And finally, like you, I have hopes that "offline" (aka "depth") will have a revival. If we take the hangover people have with Facebook as an indication, it could happen sooner than we think.

True.
Loved this game til the last patch cc American,can't play it now.
I had half a season on 18 before picking it up again,and I prefer that to 19,and it looks like Pes 19,though it's stunning the way it looks,and how it feels on the ball,will be my least played game (2009 doesn't count) ever in the Pes series

yea thats the biggest shame for me i really like how it looks and moves and the extra animations like I can score some really nice looking goals but the AI use about 6 moves and after 40+ games it really does become irritating at least on 18 they reacted more to what you stop them doing and they find another way through

yea thats the biggest shame for me i really like how it looks and moves and the extra animations like I can score some really nice looking goals but the AI use about 6 moves and after 40+ games it really does become irritating at least on 18 they reacted more to what you stop them doing and they find another way through
True,ai found other ways of scoring.
If I tracked runs,played a low line,didn't fall for their tricks to move up so they can chip in to the box,they take outside shots.
Much better ai

But like @Ameppe said, the higher ups aren't even bothering, and I honestly hope microtransactions blow up in their face at some point in the near future.

I don't know if it will happen but i really hope it will. Microtransactions like in Fifa and Pes (and many other full priced games) don't have place in videogames. Will people ever realize they are being treated like cash cows?

So what happens if we take this forum in a different direction - we know konami have failed us in giving the game we wanted. Let us accept that now.

Now we move forward in the few months of PES 2019 that remain and explore @Rodchenko 's perspective on ML.

What are the tactics that make it more likely that you will win a match or score a goal, etc?

Share findings here.

If we actually decrypt PES mechanics, konami may have no option to change their formula for PES 2020 and deliver a better game.

I don't know if it will happen but i really hope it will. Microtransactions like in Fifa and Pes (and many other full priced games) don't have place in videogames. Will people ever realize they are being treated like cash cows?
As long as it gives them a false sense of satisfaction, like gambling does, I don't know if they even care.

As long as it gives them a false sense of satisfaction, like gambling does, I don't know if they even care.
I agree. Our only hope is in minors who are participating. Hoping they will put a clamp on it.
They might give them a choice to change it to 18+ or stop it. Either way they are doomed then and will have to change the approach.

Sorry, but I call bs.

They haven't even tried for us to know.

Also, "everyone" said no one cares about good story driven offline single player games anymore, and it's all about online and that's what the kids want. God of War, Spiderman, RDR 2, all say hello.

There is place for both offline and online. It's just company higher-ups want to try push the market in a certain direction because that's where their pot of gold is, and make everyone believe no one wants to play anything but Battle Royale style games.

one of the big reasons why bhatti is extremely quiet with pes cos he knows he will get mauled with false promises

Watching Chelsea V.S Tottenham now and I was like: Damn! Hazard's Player ID is so poorly represented in PES.
He has zero dribbling. No ball shielding. No pace. Nothing.

Watching Chelsea V.S Tottenham now and I was like: Damn! Hazard's Player ID is so poorly represented in PES.

I was watching Zaha sistematically dribbling Liverpool defenders a week ago or so and thought the same ahahaha.

Agreed! Player ID is quite poor this year. In PES 18 I felt Player ID was more apparent, even the Ai was able utilise a player like Hazards strengths and skills, in PES 19 it's almost non-existent.

Oyyyyyy folks mates buddies .. am back !!!!!

1 quick and essential question to ask since I haven't been following the discussion:
  • Have they fixed AI wing play bug? This is when AI will always attack you from the wings and wings only.
And any other (new) issues that I should be aware of, before I make that purchase?

AI Dribbling has been a huge issue for me on all PES Fox engine games, only game Konami had got it right to an extent was PES 2017!

This once again must be the focus for PES 2020.

Agreed! Player ID is quite poor this year. In PES 18 I felt Player ID was more apparent, even the Ai was able utilise a player like Hazards strengths and skills, in PES 19 it's almost non-existent.
I suggest everyone redownloads PES18 lite and sees how it's better than 19 in a bunch of ways after its latest patch. Yeah I'd say way prefer it to 19 except shooting not great. Passing and defending more fun, as your team stay in shape and teams can't just press you and easy take the ball like in 19. Plus think playing against the AI a little more fun.

Ah! Finally finished editing all the stats for Premier league teams (my -20 edits mentioned previously), their kits, squads, stadiums and rivalries. Finally can start a league now.

Is there any way to edit manager's names here? I see I can only replace them?

@Chuny Thanks man. I actually found the thread right after I asked, so I felt silly and deleted my question :BLUSH:

About the manager, are you sure? I just see 'Changing Managers'.

EDIT: Omg. There's a whole separate 'Manager' section at the root of edit mode, right under Players and Teams. Can't believe I never saw that :D

Ah! Finally finished editing all the stats for Premier league teams (my -20 edits mentioned previously), their kits, squads, stadiums and rivalries. Finally can start a league now.

Is there any way to edit manager's names here? I see I can only replace them?

Let us know how your -20 league goes.
Like most guys on here im an offline player of PES (95% of time) . However the annoying AI has pushed me to try a bit of online. So i have completed my first 10 games in Online Divisions. The game plays very different from ML . I dont just mean in terms of variety of play input by a human but the way Defenders do actualy take up normal positions and defend, goalkeepeers save shots, misplaced passes , Midfielders tracking back etc. Have been surprised about how decent it has been.

Let us know how your -20 league goes.
Like most guys on here im an offline player of PES (95% of time) . However the annoying AI has pushed me to try a bit of online. So i have completed my first 10 games in Online Divisions. The game plays very different from ML . I dont just mean in terms of variety of play input by a human but the way Defenders do actualy take up normal positions and defend, goalkeepeers save shots, misplaced passes , Midfielders tracking back etc. Have been surprised about how decent it has been.
I'll try my best.

I would've played online if it weren't for lag. Even the slightest lag takes away a lot of the fun out.

Adding to some of the brilliant points above, i took competitive aspect in footy games very seriously, mainly because of the love for the sport. I know for a fact that older PES games allowed the character of each gamer translate more prominently than newer PES, mainly because of the degrees of AI intervention. Matches in older games felt more personal because you had more control of the game and freedom than say, AI dictating most of the aspect. These days, people get mad more at the game than the opponent they are playing against. Companies these days just wont allow players' skill to dictate the game because that would scare the casual half of the market off.

As for PES, they have only one option, at least from my perspective. They need to bring in something so disruptive in sports game that it will make the highlights everywhere, just like Rockstar did with their open world games. I think Konami succeeded in that when the first moved PES to ps2 era, the peak was during ps5/6 where popular players were playing PES over FIFA in several documentaries without even endorsing (seen Zlatan played in one of his older documentaries). But then again, i don't see this happening anytime soon.
Nothing quenched my competitive footy fix and so i moved back to playing real indoor/grass (summers) football, and nothing is more satisfying. As pointed above, maybe its sign that people like me are giving up on footy games.

They just have to create a competitive player vs. player game that's all. Many Fifa Players would jump to Pes if that would be the case because they absolutely hate the scripting and momentum bullshit. I don't even get this "we have to cater to all players casuals and pros and therefore we have to add scripting or bias or whatever you want to call it".
Just look at Rocket League. It's a game where you get absolutely smashed when you first play it because it takes time to learn it. But when you're decent at the game you almost never moan about the game itself when you loose. You just know that your opponent is better and if you're willing to you just train more. This attitude of "a game with a great skill gap will put all casuals off" is just bullshit in my opinion. I think if Pes would be only about skill and really competitive it would have a lot more players and could really be the better alternative to Fifa. In the current state it's just a poor copy of it and therefore will never sell more. Don't know what's so hard to understand about this. I think Konami are too stupid to see this.

@Chuny Thanks man. I actually found the thread right after I asked, so I felt silly and deleted my question :BLUSH:

About the manager, are you sure? I just see 'Changing Managers'.

EDIT: Omg. There's a whole separate 'Manager' section at the root of edit mode, right under Players and Teams. Can't believe I never saw that :D

Yup, that's what I was talking about I think. Glad you found it :D

AI Dribbling has been a huge issue for me on all PES Fox engine games, only game Konami had got it right to an extent was PES 2017!

This once again must be the focus for PES 2020.

It was never better than in PES 2011. I don't understand why konami needs to change things that worked so well.

Back
Top Bottom