PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

My perception of game speed is changing constantly and is down to many factors like room brightness, time of day, sleep and so on. It´s not so easy to keep them on comparable level for me when testing changes, especially not the game speed.

Nice to read these impressions.

Specially from @Lami :)
I´d like to try that one the console, but I can´t see myself editing every single player.

Well then I guess, that´s what the Thai League was made for^^
Players should be low enough there, no?
Better yeah, but you still won't see that bounce you get from lower ball control stats, like 40-50s.

My perception of game speed is changing constantly and is down to many factors like room brightness, time of day, sleep and so on. It´s not so easy to keep them on comparable level for me when testing changes, especially not the game speed.
Yeah I know, but last night I was playing then switched to watching the video, which was slower. It's weird.

I agree that speed perception is tricky enough.
When i switched to 20mins and COM slowed down, which also allowed me to slow down, I got to a point, where I was considering going back to regular speed.
Then came match against Man City and it was so fast paced that I checked if I actually did change it back to regular (and forgot about it)

Hmmm,

all those OF´s come from people who are doing the edition ingame, right?
I mean, they don´t use anything outside the console except for images maybe?

Ain´t there a way in using a global editor or something?

Would be cool if those OF-makers like pesuniverse, pesgalaxy etc could work something out and name it the simulation OF or something.

The speed is a weird thing. Of late it feels really slow.. since going up from 15 mins to 20mins i noticed slower gameplay. But again, im sure ive had 20min exhibition games which felt very quick..

Anyways, I made another video of with vs without the -20 slider fix. But this time 2 reasonably good teams: Man united (me) vs. Tottenham (cpu Superstar).
Again, both games felt slow, but the -20 fix is definitely a slower sluggish kinda feel.. frustrating to control my players at times, but I actually love it.. more realistic, as you cant just power your way through everyone. Oh... and regarding passing not being affected with the -20 fix.. well I reckon it definitely was affecting my ability/accuracy when passing in the -20 game.. and considering im using manual PA0 passing (which isn't supposed to be as stat based as PA1), that's pretty cool.. I could definitely feel it. Frustrated the fk out of me.. yet, ill accept that I actually like it.. and I need to improve my composure on the ball and limit risky passes.

Ive posted the video's below.. surprisingly both games were good with and without the fix..but again, I definitely like the feel and balance with the fix... and whats great is that its still a challenge as the cpu really exploit my mistakes as well as create good chances. Just don't feel as cheated with the fix.

Game without fix, Superstar, 20min,default speed, Sunny Fine, Normal grass length and Normal pitch conditions:

Game fix for both teams (p1 and cpu), Superstar, 20min,default speed, Sunny Fine, Normal grass length and Normal pitch conditions:

A few things to note... formations are different for each team in both games. I actually changed Man U's formation in the 2nd game thinking it was matching the first (live update) version.. I fked up here, as it was quite different. Also, the form arrows were different for each team for both games. So, to make a better comparison video, next time im gonna try getting the formations exactly the same with and without the -20 fix, and set all arrows to neutral or green for both teams. Everything needs to be the same to make a fair comparison... obviously my style of play during each game is going to be the subjective factor in all of it.
Anyways, I enjoyed both games, but the last one (with the slider fix) was quite a bit more fun for me.

Hmmm,

Would be cool if those OF-makers like pesuniverse, pesgalaxy etc could work something out and name it the simulation OF or something.
Thats a very good point. I asked one of the guys from pesuniverse is it possible/difficult thing to do.
Im not very "computerised", but Id imagine it just involves exporting/copying one of your edit files..
Just dont know if edit files are separate or grouped together, so not sure how would it work, if people had some other Option Files installed.
I'll let you know if he comes back to me.

Thats a very good point. I asked one of the guys from pesuniverse is it possible/difficult thing to do.
Im not very "computerised", but Id imagine it just involves exporting/copying one of your edit files..
Just dont know if edit files are separate or grouped together, so not sure how would it work, if people had some other Option Files installed.
I'll let you know if he comes back to me.

very nice approach!
Thx a lot!

Nice write up there @aussiepesfan.

With everything you've mentioned though, I still couldn't enjoy the game.

But here's the thing, I think I've finally found the PES that I was looking for (to an extent), in pes 2019, hidden under all this Konami mess. I've tried something and I've been testing it for a while now. I didn't want to post my findings after one game, because I didn't want to rush only to find out it's placebo.

I don't know if anyone's tried this before. So I had an idea to try and alter gameplay by lowering certain stats; ball control, dribble, pass, lofted pass and explosive power. Since CPU AI love to play end to end arcade, the players' perfect ball control and super agility, along with perfect passes helped it achieve that easily. By lowering these stats by 20 points, I thought I'd disrupt all that.

To my pleasant surprise, apart from the passing stats (I don't think passing was affected much), it worked! CPU AI couldn't play end to end every time. Most of the play took more realistic time than it previously did. The whole pace of the game was more realistic. Suddenly the game felt like I'm playing PES 3. The whole feel of it felt exactly like it. More ball bobble, more players trying to get the ball under control first before their next move, more errors, just a better overall, true PES experience. And something that really resembles realistic football.

What I also did was decrease all the relevant GK stats by 20, the 5 stats from Goalkeeping to Coverage, apart from the Clearing stat. I wanted to get rid of the unrealsitic super saves and floaty jumps as much as I could. I don't know, but I think it worked as well. I haven't seen any silly unrealsitic saves since, honestly. Maybe it's a coincidence, but for now I will keep believing this worked. I left the Clearing stat alone because it makes sure keepers punch the ball to safe areas, as indicated in the help screen. I didn't want to lower it and see keepers spilling balls every game. So this all works good now.

I hope you guys who've had issues liking this game like I did, to try this. And tell me how you find it. You can of course try lowering all the stats I mentioned by 10 or 15 points if you think 20 is a lot. But I honestly feel after trying this, that even with stats in the 70s, the game still plays very well. Players still control great. Probably that is the reason why we feel there's no difference between players and that all of them control and dribble perfectly like Messi etc.

Imo, in this game, if you're looking for realism, don't touch the speed slider. Leave it at 0, and have your stat ceiling be 79 or 80 (equivalent to 99 or 100). Anything in the 80+ range turns this game into an arcade fest.

You can go ahead and try experimenting with other stats that I haven't mentioned. You can also try reducing less than 20 points. See what works for you.

And finally, I've changed difficulty to Superstar. I wanted to see if the AI will play smarter and use more options. And again they actually did. And coupled with what I did above, this has turned into something great so far. A good realistic challenge.

I hope you guys try this out and let me know your findings :)

It's cumbersome but it's worth it imo. Oh and don't forget to turn off live update before playing so the game uses your edited stats.

Back to more editing, testing and enjoying :)

And for once this is a long post that's a very positive one :)

And you play PA0 as well?

Will give it a try

You guys are weird. You keep telling me as a grown man and father you don't have time to play online against each other but now you want to edit every single stat for every player in a league. :THINK:

Ps: don't take this post so serious :D
The most simple and practical problem with spear time is the flexibility not the quantity.In an offline match you can pause as any times as you like and come back after hours to continue the game.In an online game pause is limited and you must be there for 15 minutes,you cannot interrupt and come back after hours.
But editing each player separately needs also much time,that at least I don’t have,on this you are spot on.

It would drive me insane, in FIFA if i i edit the slider for sprint by two notches, its 2 seconds to fix. But if using this method you'd have to go back and re edit every player again. i suppose the method would be get it right for two teams then reapply - but that also doesnt work as some sliders on FIFA for premier league dont fit Italian league for example. I can imagine it being a nightmare to edit every player to suit every league. :)

Hmmm,

I tried this with exporting the team from ps4. Converting and what not...
could load the file Into the pc editor but not all values where available. I bet there is a way.
You need some tools... have a look at the Edit Section here.
So I tried multiple times but couldn’t get it working. I even asked in the edit section for help.
Export bin file (a Team) from PS4 - convert to PC compatible format - edit in global editor - covert back to PS4 bin file - Import on PS4
...that’s the way I wanted to go. Hm...
We might get this topic warmed up again.

Last edited:
Just tried Matt10's fix (i think i did it right) applying it to both teams, together with the -20 fix already made (also for both p1 and cpu). Man U vs Tottenham again, 20min on Superstar, default 0 speed. Wow.. it certainly makes a difference in a positive way. Tightens everything up big time :) Less end to end :) Shots on goal went down :) Pass count went up :)
what you think??? Im liking this!!!

Gotta agree with you here. It’s just too much time to edit every single player - even though I really like how the game plays with the -20 edits.

Takes me about 30 seconds to edit 1 player, most teams have about 30 players on the team... that’s 5 hours just to edit 1 complete league.
13,56 seconds for field players, 14,94 for keeper as you have to scroll down first. Add 5,63 seconds for every time you have to go back to the players overview menu.
It’s not that bad! ;)
I’ve done my 4th team now. Fulham.
Will be playing Fulham vs. Wolves now. Let’s see.

But hey, I created a whole team by myself (around 25 player) plus appearance and kits! That stuff above is just some minor stat editing! :LOL:

;)

Just tried Matt10's fix (i think i did it right) applying it to both teams, together with the -20 fix already made (also for both p1 and cpu). Man U vs Tottenham again, 20min on Superstar, default 0 speed. Wow.. it certainly makes a difference in a positive way. Tightens everything up big time :) Less end to end :) Shots on goal went down :) Pass count went up :)
Perfect. You say it like I did few hours ago. It really is something else.
A little tighter. This plus Lami Slider... here we go! :)

On a side note: when using Lami Slider it seems to unmask or uncover some of the physics engine flaws. When we all agreed the physics battles and foul play outcome is better this year, using the slider I tend to see more “wrong” foul play decisions! I hope you get what I mean.

Overall (just a thought), maybe the stats are a/the way to keep every (a lot of ) gameplay aspects in balance rather than portraying the players skills!

Last edited:
Made a pause for a couple weeks and this week I got back into this. Can´t stop thinking that the game tries hard to define the result before the match starts :(.

Last 4 matches I had my stats pretty satisfying, but CPU has finished every single match with 100% shots that turned a goal. It didn´t used to happen very often, but in 4 matches, CPU won or drawed with 1/1, 2/2 or 3/3 shots/goals. It´s like I´m working and playing nice football, blocking CPU attacks and all, but then, CPU needs to score and there it goes, pass to an marked or unmarked player (doesn´t matter), and tap it in. It´s frustrating because I start thinking why am I even playing. So sad that this happens.

TP and SS are unbearable with the scripting, but even on professional, master league has a hidden agenda, and though the matches feel easy (in a good way), scripting is still very noticeable, in order to maintain a certain flow on the league "story".

Been playing Fulham vs Wolves (with Lami Slider) for 3 matches now.
Why the heck is Sergio Rico so outstanding good in collecting rebounds and deflected balls?! He is stunning in that regard (while doing his basic job as a keeper solid too)! :)

I’ll defenitly upload a video with some nice scenes from the last 3 days tonight.

hi guys i'm new to this forum. straight to the point what is matt10 @s fix? thanks
Welcome to the forum!! :)
As you are new to it, we can’t tell you straight away! You need to at least bring prove of editing a minimum of 3 teams to get that info! Maybe there is a bronze membership coming up in the future... :D

;)

I’m joking!!

All details for Lami Sliders are here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-248#post-3349841
Feel free to ask on everything!! Your welcome!!!

The latest fix of @Matt10 you can find here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-250#post-3350134
And there is more to get deep...

Sorry for I ain’t going more deep... had a couple of beers and still busy playing PES (with Lami Sliders)! :)

THAT GAME...! :D

Last edited:
@Lami

Bro i've got something for you...

A couple of weeks ago i was trying to convert FM STATS 2019 to Pes...i found a program that working very good,the only thing is that the Overall are very low...so in this case i was remember your "project" to put -15/-20 at some stats.

However,i think that is very good for your intention.

If i remember i converted Mbappe,and i got less than 80 of Overall.

Might be good for you?just let me know and i'll help you...otherwise friends again :)

@Lami

Bro i've got something for you...

A couple of weeks ago i was trying to convert FM STATS 2019 to Pes...i found a program that working very good,the only thing is that the Overall are very low...so in this case i was remember your "project" to put -15/-20 at some stats.

However,i think that is very good for your intention.

If i remember i converted Mbappe,and i got less than 80 of Overall.

Might be good for you?just let me know and i'll help you...otherwise friends again :)
Nice! I'd love to try it. I want to see the difference between FM and PES stats :)

This looks very good. Again much slower and realistic than my last games I complained about being fast. Will play again now see if I still have the same problem.

Did you change the keepers stats to -10?

This looks very good. Again much slower and realistic than my last games I complained about being fast. Will play again now see if I still have the same problem.

Did you change the keepers stats to -10?

Yeah it felt damn good to play as well. Im gonna have another game now, this time doing the edit to Arsenal, and do another comparison vs. Tottenham.. but this time I want to try the comparison with the form arrows uniform (neutral or green) for both matches, as well as trying to keep the formations identical. In regards to stats, I do the -20 for ball control, dribble, pass, loft pass and explosive speed stats for all outfield players.. And the full -20 (not -10) for the 5 keeper stats except Clearing, for all the keepers.

Yeah it felt damn good to play as well. Im gonna have another game now, this time doing the edit to Arsenal, and do another comparison vs. Tottenham.. but this time I want to try the comparison with the form arrows uniform (neutral or green) for both matches, as well as trying to keep the formations identical. In regards to stats, I do the -20 for ball control, dribble, pass, loft pass and explosive speed stats for all outfield players.. And the full -20 (not -10) for the 5 keeper stats except Clearing, for all the keepers.
Oh, and how are you finding the keepers? Still ok with that?

I also always play with green arrows, because stats stay the default ones we see.

Oh, and how are you finding the keepers? Still ok with that?

I also always play with green arrows, because stats stay the default ones we see.
Although ive been fond of the keepers in pes2019 (after the patch that fixed the 'staying on the line' bug), at times they have felt too good...too hard to beat...particularly from long range (particularly on FM shoot) yet too easy to beat via FK.. Basic shooting has fixed this for me untroducing a hell of a lot more variety..saves..misses..absence of an attempt (minus the op FKs). The -20 fix has added to this i reckon. Not sure about that 'superman save' most complain about, and how the fix affects the animations, but the -20 has definitely given me some mistakes (from cpu keeper) i havent seen before, which is welcome. Ive seen a couple of instances where the ball (in a particularly hard shot) ends up going through the hands/deflects into the goal. I like that...the occasional blunder. But they are still challenging to beat on Superstar.

With the arrow...its yellow thats neutral right???btw thats what I meant by default...which isnt actually default. So u use the green? The arrow facing NE, not directly North???

Although ive been fond of the keepers in pes2019 (after the patch that fixed the 'staying on the line' bug), at times they have felt too good...too hard to beat...particularly from long range (particularly on FM shoot) yet too easy to beat via FK.. Basic shooting has fixed this for me untroducing a hell of a lot more variety..saves..misses..absence of an attempt (minus the op FKs). The -20 fix has added to this i reckon. Not sure about that 'superman save' most complain about, and how the fix affects the animations, but the -20 has definitely given me some mistakes (from cpu keeper) i havent seen before, which is welcome. Ive seen a couple of instances where the ball (in a particularly hard shot) ends up going through the hands/deflects into the goal. I like that...the occasional blunder. But they are still challenging to beat on Superstar.

With the arrow...its yellow thats neutral right???btw thats what I meant by default...which isnt actually default. So u use the green? The arrow facing NE, not directly North???
Saw this the first time last night. Header, keeper had to react quick, gets hand on the ball but it went in! It looked so nice!!
I saved the video.

Sorry I meant yellow haha. I've mixed up the older colors with the new ones. My bad :)

And yeah I agree about the more human-like saves.

Welcome to the forum!! :)
As you are new to it, we can’t tell you straight away! You need to at least bring prove of editing a minimum of 3 teams to get that info! Maybe there is a bronze membership coming up in the future... :D

;)

I’m joking!!

All details for Lami Sliders are here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-248#post-3349841
Feel free to ask on everything!! Your welcome!!!

The latest fix of @Matt10 you can find here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-250#post-3350134
And there is more to get deep...

Sorry for I ain’t going more deep... had a couple of beers and still busy playing PES (with Lami Sliders)! :)

THAT GAME...! :D
thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom