PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Hold on. You sold PES 2019 twice before and you bought it digital because of some good old times post?

Oh I missed him... or her!
Welcome to the community, @shumway !!

And btw, you are not alone riding that rollercoaster of buying and selling the game multiple times. :D

To me this is not “healthy” but hey... have fun! ;) :)

What settings are you playing?

Unfortunely yes. And it still isn't my record of buying the same game multiple times. Every August/September my wife begs me to buy both games digital right from the start, so I can't get on her nerves.
But at least it shows that I don't have any bigger problems. Or that I am a child in an adult body, what is probably the ugly truth...

Actually I play PA1 and basic shooting. Last year I was on PA1 and manual shooting. Top Player difficulty.
I can't get used to advanced shooting, and I gave up full manual 2 or 3 years ago (in both games) because I personally think, the stats have not enough influence in fm. And because I suck in full manual.

@Lami

Just tried out the -20 edits, liking what I’m seeing so far. One question though-
Is there a reason you decided not to edit the finishing stat as well?

It seems to me what I’ve played so far that goal conversion rate is a bit too high (Which honestly I thought has been a problem with PES in general — not enough shot error). Coupled with the lowered GK ratings now and it feels like every shot is a goal.

I’ll play a few games with finishing stat lowered, I’m thinking -10 instead of -20

@Lami

Just tried out the -20 edits, liking what I’m seeing so far. One question though-
Is there a reason you decided not to edit the finishing stat as well?

It seems to me what I’ve played so far that goal conversion rate is a bit too high (Which honestly I thought has been a problem with PES in general — not enough shot error). Coupled with the lowered GK ratings now and it feels like every shot is a goal.

I’ll play a few games with finishing stat lowered, I’m thinking -10 instead of -20
Not really no. My main issues with the game were the super ball controls of every player and the end to end play. So those were the stats I thought to tweak for now. You can try tweak whatever other stat and tell us what you find :)

I still believe for a more realistic game though stats have to stay between the 40-70s range. This is all from what I found though. Of course you guys can debate this and tweak it to your liking.

And I'd like to repeat that whoever tried this, make sure you have game speed on default. Otherwise on -1 it'll be very slow as @PRO_TOO indicated.

@aussiepesfan Hey mate :) Sorry to contradict you but I've had PLENTY of shots going over the bar by a large margin. "Skied shots" as you called them. In fact, I remember not too long ago, playing my ManCity Master League, had a few of them with (oddly enough) Kevin De Bruyne, I thought I had the positioning right, the timing, the power and even the right stick properly aimed, but still the shots went up and wide. Talking about Advanced Shooting here btw.

I switched to Basic Shooting 10 days ago. After many years too.
One thing I can tell you is, there's one specific animation, introduced in PES 2019, in which before the player takes the shot, he actually takes a few steps, like trying to get the foot-planting right (if that makes sense) that I totally love, because it looks so realistic. And you can see that animation 5x more often with Basic Shooting than with any other type of Shooting. I scored a belter with Pogba after than animation and I couldn't believe how good the whole thing looked. How realistic it looked.

Holy Crap!!! Wow I haven't seen one, ie. skyed shot, let alone a shot over the actual bar when using Advanced (while aiming for top 3 goal positions). Mind you I only played a few games to test it, and then went to training mode to see if I could actually do it.. I couldn't.. I only tried for 5 or so mins but thought surely this would be enough. I do turn off those hideous cursers/indicators (that circle in the goal mouth showing where your shot goes), but surely that has nothing to do with it. Anyways, now you made me curious.. will try n test it out... ;)

And re basic, yes there is just much more to it than any other shooting method... variation, animations (those steps you mentioned..yes ive seen them and love em.. , also the rising shot from players like debryne that you never get on full manual), the curved shots, the R2 shots.. which thankfully are not overpowered. For me it seems, not only does basic shooting increase shot variation, and increase stat based shooting, it also increases the variation of Keeper saves. The variation (which coincides with realism) with shooter/keeper interaction seems to have doubled compared with full manual shooting.

Just to reiterate, Im playing 20min games, Superstar Exhibition mode on default 0 speed, full manual passing (PA0), basic shooting..... n now mixing it up with Lami's Sliders.. sounds like a meal.

Nice. Did you try editing the keepers as well? Also, was it different in a realistic way, or was it just easier for you? Because my aim isn't to make it easier, but closer to realism.
Yes, edited the Keepers, but have to be honest.. didn't pay much attention to them. Keepers haven't really been an issue for me, other than when using Full Manual, they save almost everything :) and long rangers are almost impossible.. I think ive only scored one in all the time ive had the game... Basic Shooting has changed this for me :)

In terms of gameplay, Yes, your Sliders have made it easier for me on Superstar (so has the change to basic shooting), but that's because it is more realistic and just less hectic overall. Its just more fun with a more realistic balance. Seriously, prior to making any of these changes, I kinda felt cheated at times. Harder yes, but more leaning towards being cheated. I would be dominating games (particularly when on Full manual shooting, basic has changed this somewhat) having about 14 shots to 5 etc, but of the 5 shots the cpu would score about 3 or 4. Id be losing games 4-0 etc, and at the end of it felt cheated particularly in the defending department. Just seemed at times that the cpu would score when it wanted to, and there was little I could do about it. Not necessarily cos of their overly accurate passing, lack of mistakes and poor touches, but it seemed my defenders all of a sudden were hard to control.. response seems to go down, my defender ai positioning/marking was poor etc.... all of this making it easier for the cpu to get on goal and score.

What your sliders have done is made the cpu more human like. Particularly with their approach on goal. more patient for sure. But now when the cpu goes full on attack, my defenders stand more of a chance. Thats realistic, unless of course im West Sydney Wanders FC vs. Barcelona. The big things/changes for me are the cpu attack isn't as quick/powerful in its attack, and there are increased mistakes, heavy touches, - together making it more realistic increasing the balance between defending vs. attack.

Now with these sliders.. ive only used them for the cpu.. the team im playing against, not my own team. Are you guys using it for both??? Surely this'd slow the game even more.

Can someone explain manual shooting to me? I have literally missed hundreds of chances.

No matter how and where I aim, my finishing is as bad as Spurs yesterday - straight at the keeper.

I don't like advanced shooting, it's not intuitive at all.

My take on Full Manual (FM) Shooting. I love the whole manual thing.. passing .. shooting etc, as there is that sense of "I did it myself without any assistance". When on FM shooting I would always use the L2 aiming indicator, not only cos it makes it easier, but I think its actually more realistic, as it shows exactly where at the goal mouth I am aiming to shoot (in real life, high class players will aim at a specific parts of the goal before they shoot), and it can be difficult to control this aimer when under pressure from oncoming defender. Only time I don't use L2, is when I just don't have the time, and want the ball anywhere on goal.. generally pointing stick to the middle. Anyways, enough of the rambling though.. ive now changed from FM to basic, which ill sum up with pro/cons in my views:

Full Manual
+ greater sense of control, achievement when scoring
+ more variety with miss kicks, particularly wide of the post.. and you know it was youre fault.
+ can get skiers (miskicks over the bar when maxing power bar)
+ headers greatly improved
+ very responsive

- Lacks variety in terms of power, trajectory, miskicks that are offered with Basic Shooting. Basic shooting is no doubt way more stat based, and position based (position, foot used, etc, can greatly impact your shot).
- Keeper seems to save everything. As a result my main way of scoring would be one-on-ones, and aiming softly/low into bottom corner, scoring low crosses into far post, and a variety of headers. Rarely scored a long range effort.. about 1-2 in all the time ive had Pes2019.
- Keeper not only saves a lot, but always DIVES... not once would stay standing stranded, and just concede there is no point diving. In Basic, ive already seen a keeper stranded a few times.. in less than 10 games. That's realistic.
-R2 finesse shot is broken. I used it while holding L2 aimer, and the ball … Just take my word.. its broken.

As much as I used to like FM shooting, its obvious Konami's main focus and time is on Basic shooting.. more variations and realism for me. I know its not as challenging as FM, which bothered me in the past, but Basic for me is the more realistic method. Btw, I did try Advanced, and as mentioned previously, its just too limited in its variation, even compared to FM. When Konami get FM shooting close to Basic's variations, fix the R2 finesse, and improve keeper interactions (whilst playing with FM), ill make the switch back.. purely for the complete control and challenge.

Yes, edited the Keepers, but have to be honest.. didn't pay much attention to them. Keepers haven't really been an issue for me, other than when using Full Manual, they save almost everything :) and long rangers are almost impossible.. I think ive only scored one in all the time ive had the game... Basic Shooting has changed this for me :)

In terms of gameplay, Yes, your Sliders have made it easier for me on Superstar (so has the change to basic shooting), but that's because it is more realistic and just less hectic overall. Its just more fun with a more realistic balance. Seriously, prior to making any of these changes, I kinda felt cheated at times. Harder yes, but more leaning towards being cheated. I would be dominating games (particularly when on Full manual shooting, basic has changed this somewhat) having about 14 shots to 5 etc, but of the 5 shots the cpu would score about 3 or 4. Id be losing games 4-0 etc, and at the end of it felt cheated particularly in the defending department. Just seemed at times that the cpu would score when it wanted to, and there was little I could do about it. Not necessarily cos of their overly accurate passing, lack of mistakes and poor touches, but it seemed my defenders all of a sudden were hard to control.. response seems to go down, my defender ai positioning/marking was poor etc.... all of this making it easier for the cpu to get on goal and score.

What your sliders have done is made the cpu more human like. Particularly with their approach on goal. more patient for sure. But now when the cpu goes full on attack, my defenders stand more of a chance. Thats realistic, unless of course im West Sydney Wanders FC vs. Barcelona. The big things/changes for me are the cpu attack isn't as quick/powerful in its attack, and there are increased mistakes, heavy touches, - together making it more realistic increasing the balance between defending vs. attack.

Now with these sliders.. ive only used them for the cpu.. the team im playing against, not my own team. Are you guys using it for both??? Surely this'd slow the game even more.
Nice! That's what I'm aiming for :)

And yes of course you have to go through the hardship of playing the -20 yourself :D Haha no wonder you're saying it's easier for you!

.. one more (kinda negative) thing about FM shooting. To make things easier whilst aiming with the L2 aimer indicator, I had to use camera angles which had a more open goal angle, and at a higher view. Eg. 5-8-10.
Now using Basic shooting, I can change things up and play at a more side looking view, which im really enjoying. Now im playing at 5,3,10 or 6,4,10. Yes the goal angle has the same values, but the lower height angle actually closes the goal mouth angle, if that makes sense. Either way, now with Basic Shooting, its much easier to play at any camera angle, eg. Broadcast.. which ive always liked the look of, but couldn't play using FM shoot.

Here's the video I was talking about on the previous page. It's basically tightening up the lines manually. The good thing is you can do it for User, CPU or Both, and still get a good effect. Enjoy!

Been testing this right now. Professional diff. Match feel tighter and less end to end. I like it. Just its a pain to edit all the teams formation.

Nice! That's what I'm aiming for :)

And yes of course you have to go through the hardship of playing the -20 yourself :D Haha no wonder you're saying it's easier for you!
Hahahah, ok ok..totally makes sense. Yes that's probably why it was easier.. still challenging though :) I was actually considering your sliders with Legend level (me still on default, but the cpu on the -20).

But before I do, ill actually post a clip of me playing (my team default), vs. a bogey team of mine (default on Superstar with both teams with Live update). And then post a comparing clip of me again on default, vs. same superstar level bogey team with the -20 slider. Yes, ill be default both times lol…but I will try the -20 myself tomorrow perhaps hahah

My take on Full Manual (FM) Shooting. I love the whole manual thing.. passing .. shooting etc, as there is that sense of "I did it myself without any assistance". When on FM shooting I would always use the L2 aiming indicator, not only cos it makes it easier, but I think its actually more realistic, as it shows exactly where at the goal mouth I am aiming to shoot (in real life, high class players will aim at a specific parts of the goal before they shoot), and it can be difficult to control this aimer when under pressure from oncoming defender. Only time I don't use L2, is when I just don't have the time, and want the ball anywhere on goal.. generally pointing stick to the middle. Anyways, enough of the rambling though.. ive now changed from FM to basic, which ill sum up with pro/cons in my views:

Full Manual
+ greater sense of control, achievement when scoring
+ more variety with miss kicks, particularly wide of the post.. and you know it was youre fault.
+ can get skiers (miskicks over the bar when maxing power bar)
+ headers greatly improved
+ very responsive

- Lacks variety in terms of power, trajectory, miskicks that are offered with Basic Shooting. Basic shooting is no doubt way more stat based, and position based (position, foot used, etc, can greatly impact your shot).
- Keeper seems to save everything. As a result my main way of scoring would be one-on-ones, and aiming softly/low into bottom corner, scoring low crosses into far post, and a variety of headers. Rarely scored a long range effort.. about 1-2 in all the time ive had Pes2019.
- Keeper not only saves a lot, but always DIVES... not once would stay standing stranded, and just concede there is no point diving. In Basic, ive already seen a keeper stranded a few times.. in less than 10 games. That's realistic.
-R2 finesse shot is broken. I used it while holding L2 aimer, and the ball … Just take my word.. its broken.

As much as I used to like FM shooting, its obvious Konami's main focus and time is on Basic shooting.. more variations and realism for me. I know its not as challenging as FM, which bothered me in the past, but Basic for me is the more realistic method. Btw, I did try Advanced, and as mentioned previously, its just too limited in its variation, even compared to FM. When Konami get FM shooting close to Basic's variations, fix the R2 finesse, and improve keeper interactions (whilst playing with FM), ill make the switch back.. purely for the complete control and challenge.
I don't use L2 on shots but I pretty much agree with everything.

If I have to describe each shot type with one word(I can't use just one word but you know what I mean):
Basic = More "REALISTIC"
Advanced = More "OPTIONS/CONTROL" than basic
Manual = More "SATISFYING"

.. one more (kinda negative) thing about FM shooting. To make things easier whilst aiming with the L2 aimer indicator, I had to use camera angles which had a more open goal angle, and at a higher view. Eg. 5-8-10.
Now using Basic shooting, I can change things up and play at a more side looking view, which im really enjoying. Now im playing at 5,3,10 or 6,4,10. Yes the goal angle has the same values, but the lower height angle actually closes the goal mouth angle, if that makes sense. Either way, now with Basic Shooting, its much easier to play at any camera angle, eg. Broadcast.. which ive always liked the look of, but couldn't play using FM shoot.
I'm pretty much the opposite when it comes to camera angle, I can't play manual in a more angled camera.
I can, but it's more difficult for me so I stick with "Zoom-in'ed fan view(via NesaApp)" or a high wide camera(if I can't use Nesa).

Last edited:
sorry man, i haven t been on the site for some time, i bought pes 2019 recently, can you please mention here what are the changes that you made and are they easy to edit? or it takes long?

Did you notice any side effects to your sliders, @Lami ?
We know the pace seems slower, as few people went back to default speed.
But what about other things?
Physicality, fouls, injuries, stamina? No noticable differences? They are nicely ballanced now, IMO (well apart of penalties).
Its not a tricky question. Just curious.

Did you notice any side effects to your sliders, @Lami ?
We know the pace seems slower, as few people went back to default speed.
But what about other things?
Physicality, fouls, injuries, stamina? No noticable differences? They are nicely ballanced now, IMO (well apart of penalties).
Its not a tricky question. Just curious.
I think there's more physicality going on now because of the heavier first touch of some players. Maybe more fouls too because of the lower explosive speed? Not too sure. Injuries I've just seen one, but I'm just playing exhibition games, so don't know. Stamina looks the same to me. Maybe others can chime in.

I've edited Huddersfield and Cardiff to test them as well. So far I'm still ok with this, but I'll keep playing to make sure this is what I'll stick to and start a league later. I want to make sure -20 is the way to go, or maybe some tweaking here and there is needed. Will see.

I've also -20 Finishing for all players, but I need to play more to see if it does anything at all.

I think there's more physicality going on now because of the heavier first touch of some players. Maybe more fouls too because of the lower explosive speed? Not too sure. Injuries I've just seen one, but I'm just playing exhibition games, so don't know. Stamina looks the same to me. Maybe others can chime in.

I've edited Huddersfield and Cardiff to test them as well. So far I'm still ok with this, but I'll keep playing to make sure this is what I'll stick to and start a league later. I want to make sure -20 is the way to go, or maybe some tweaking here and there is needed. Will see.

I've also -20 Finishing for all players, but I need to play more to see if it does anything at all.
Thats a good news. As long as its more, not less, thats great. More physicality is always welcome.
Wonder if and what would be the effect of them on transfers in ML.
Would there be more, as prices would be lower?
Or would there be less, as players are crap. :LOL:
Or is it just algorithm and there wouldnt be any impact.
But ML is out of option i suppose with player development. League is the way to go.
@Matt10 tightening midfield also looks promising.
We might squeeze some more joy out of Pes19 yet!

Thats a good news. As long as its more, not less, thats great. More physicality is always welcome.
Wonder if and what would be the effect of them on transfers in ML.
Would there be more, as prices would be lower?
Or would there be less, as players are crap. :LOL:
Or is it just algorithm and there wouldnt be any impact.
But ML is out of option i suppose with player development. League is the way to go.
@Matt10 tightening midfield also looks promising.
We might squeeze some more joy out of Pes19 yet!
I'm not sure about ML. I think I'm better off staying away from it.

Riverplate (P1 default live update) vs. Argentinos Juniors (default live update)
20min Superstar, PA0, Basic Shoot, Default 0 speed, default formations and random player arrows/form.
1st Half:
2nd Half:
Brief Analysis: Scrappy match by me I know (many mistakes, surely infuriating to watch at times), but as you can see, there are many situations when they get in on goal or score where it seems I just don't have good control of my defenders and don't get near them. Seems their attacking is too overpowered for my defenders at times. But I will say, interestingly there were a lot of bad touches/poor passing by the cpu.. with a slower than usual kinda game.. and I reckon this was due to playing using "Cloudy with Rain" conditions - seems to dumb things down naturally, without the slider fix.

And Then:
Riverplate (P1 default) vs. Argentinos Juniors (Lami's -20 slider fix for each player including -20 fix for keeper)
20min Superstar, PA0, Basic Shoot, Default 0 speed, default formations and random player arrows/form.
1st Half:
2nd Half:
Brief Analysis: Same
"Cloudy with Rain" conditions and stadium, and another s
crappy match by me, but first goal was brilliant ahah - wont see that on FM SHOOT!! Easier game than before, but in a more realistic sense.. more balanced... but the cpu still had their chances. Big noticeable difference was the increased mistakes and heavy touches for the cpu. Notice at the end the clip I changed controller sides, to show the -20 abilities in the player attributes screen.

Now to try different teams, and this time on dry turf (I reckon wet turf dumbs things down with heavier touches naturally)..

Real Betis (P1 default live update) vs. Sevilla (default live update)
Full Match:
And then:

Real Betis (P1 default) vs. Sevilla (Lami's -20 slider fix for each player including -20 fix for keeper)
Full Match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYYdvMHuV58

Brief Analysis: Definitely easier to defend against cpu - increases the balance. I see more mistakes from the cpu both attacking wise and defensively.

… so..with my CONFIDENCE HIGH... I tried the same rematch on "Legend"..whoo hoo
Real Betis (P1 default) vs. Sevilla (Lami's -20 slider fix for each player including -20 fix for keeper)
20min Legend, PA0, Basic Shoot, Default 0 speed, default formations and random player arrows/form.
Full Match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVAI7YjgM6U
Brief Analysis: None!!!!! God Dammit!!! Surely had to do with my approach though... can't always play well...

sorry man, i haven t been on the site for some time, i bought pes 2019 recently, can you please mention here what are the changes that you made and are they easy to edit? or it takes long?
the way I'm reading there's a number edits per player. That's just impossible for me time wise. Ive only played this game once since Xmas for 5 mins. Ai is so frustrating. I've found some sliders I enjoy on FIFA and just bought but yet to try Firewall VR

And finally p1 (-20 slider fix) vs. cpu (-20 slider fix).. I like it:

… don't mind some of the horrendous decision making and blunders that occur in this one.. im the king of half chance fk ups!!!! Can be frustrating to watch.

Next thing im gonna try are Matt10s fixes (minus the advanced throughballs), just to see if i can tighten things up 'quite a bit', as many of my games are quite open ended.

I just can't bring myself to manually edit all the stats or lineups or whatever :ZZZ:

I tried starting an international league with England on top player, 14 mins matches full manual and it's not bad but the CPU still scores the most ridiculous goals you can't do anything about. it's better than Master League with the horrible Team Spirit but it's still pretty awful. i lasted 9 matches...

but first goal was brilliant ahah - wont see that on FM SHOOT!!
Nice gameplay vids!
Just one thing regarding the first goal. What do you mean that you won't see that in FM shoot? Is it the animation, the ball spin or the goal keeping?
I'm pretty sure you can do it in manual shooting. Shot variation in manual is very limited compared to basic but I think the first goal is common shot(to attempt) on manual but very difficult to get past the keepers, especially on that angle.

Last edited:
Nice gameplay vids!
Just one thing regarding the first goal. What do you mean that you won't see that in FM shoot? Is it the animation, the ball spin or the goal keeping?
I'm pretty sure you can do it in manual shooting. Shot variation in manual is very limited compared to basic but I think the first goal is common shot(to attempt) on manual but very difficult to get past the keepers, especially on that angle.
I could perform the same low shot to the bottom corner with FM shooting, but i reckon there's almost 100% chance of the keeper making the save..particularly from that distance. Ive played pes2019 since day 1, FM shooting, and havent scored a goal like this. I think basic allows for more of these types of goals as the keepers seem more realistic in what they can and cannot save. Btw, i love the 'wind up' shot (when really powering up a shot) animation you see alot of via basic shooting. Ive seen it in FM shooting..but not for while...almost forgot about it was there.

The amount of space and time players have on the ball is crazy in some of those videos
Agreed. Obvious issues with player marking an d positioning. Wonder if Matt10s edit help??will try. But yeah..maybe there are stat edits to help somewhat, or formation fixes. Best solution for now is probably playing on Legend... which despite my shortcomings (watch vid for amusement) is actually fun to play.

Nice to see this thread beeing on fire again! :)

@aussiepesfan geat testing, man! You put a lot of effort into it! :WORSHIP:

Beeing satisfied what the Lami Slider did to my matches last night, I will combine it with the small fix @Matt10 posted above. Let’s see.
Will leave the finishing stat untouched for now.

To add to the conversation: yes, i had more physical battles as well. Cpu scoring a lot might be down to top player. Need to get better.

Back
Top Bottom