PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Nice to see this thread beeing on fire again! :)

@aussiepesfan geat testing, man! You put a lot of effort into it! :WORSHIP:

Beeing satisfied what the Lami Slider did to my matches last night, I will combine it with the small fix @Matt10 posted above. Let’s see.
Will leave the finishing stat untouched for now.

To add to the conversation: yes, i had more physical battles as well. Cpu scoring a lot might be down to top player. Need to get better.
I -20'd all players Finishing and I'm not sure it made much difference. Same with passing.

Nice to see this thread beeing on fire again! :)

@aussiepesfan geat testing, man! You put a lot of effort into it! :WORSHIP:

Beeing satisfied what the Lami Slider did to my matches last night, I will combine it with the small fix @Matt10 posted above. Let’s see.
Will leave the finishing stat untouched for now.

To add to the conversation: yes, i had more physical battles as well. Cpu scoring a lot might be down to top player. Need to get better.
what slider? and how to install it?

I could perform the same low shot to the bottom corner with FM shooting, but i reckon there's almost 100% chance of the keeper making the save..particularly from that distance. Ive played pes2019 since day 1, FM shooting, and havent scored a goal like this. I think basic allows for more of these types of goals as the keepers seem more realistic in what they can and cannot save. Btw, i love the 'wind up' shot (when really powering up a shot) animation you see alot of via basic shooting. Ive seen it in FM shooting..but not for while...almost forgot about it was there.
Yes, that's what I thought, it's the keepers.
I agree that keeper kinda more SICK on FM. I think the devs designed it that way to make the game more balanced because once the player master the direction aiming, amount goals scored might be very high.

Just imagine, fast shots and accurate aiming. The only way to deal with that is good GKs and/or they add errors on stronger and farther shots(even if aiming is correct) but more out of target shots means more corners that they need to balance(the amount) as well. Of course, if the game wants us to score(or let you a have a higher percentage to score), then they'll make the keeper worse on some shots.

I remember attempting about 5 consecutive(but not in the same possession) accurate and fast shots near the post. My god, the goalie saves them all like it's nothing. Then my opponent scored, then I'm able to score next with a moderate speed shot that is almost aimed near the middle of the goal and keeper wasn't able to save it.haha

BTW, the "wind up" low shot is all about the timing of your "shot button" press. You just need to press the shot during the time the player creates a space between him and the ball when running, to have a higher percentage of attempting a that shot. At the edge of the penalty, the power needs to be around 35-45% so that it's strong but still a "low shot". I'm not good at it, hard to time.

Last edited:
And finally p1 (-20 slider fix) vs. cpu (-20 slider fix).. I like it:

… don't mind some of the horrendous decision making and blunders that occur in this one.. im the king of half chance fk ups!!!! Can be frustrating to watch.

Next thing im gonna try are Matt10s fixes (minus the advanced throughballs), just to see if i can tighten things up 'quite a bit', as many of my games are quite open ended.
This looks good. Which difficulty?

Edit:. Nevermind just saw the beginning of the video. I skipped it before by mistake.

what slider? and how to install it?
Ahhh... the first fish on the hook! :D

I/we just call them Lami Slider! Gonna Trademark that before it’s gone. :LOL:

See here for all details: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-248#post-3349841

Scroll back 1 or 2 sites and you will find plenty of information reg. this.
Try it, have fun and report! :)

BTW: changed to Professional again and Aguero scores all 3 in first half against me. Is this down to the difficulty? Will play the same match on top player after this one.
Matt‘s quick fix can’t be it. I guess. :ROLL:

BTW: deGea is pretty bad at coming of the line now. I don’t remember him beeing so bad. It’s not only one on one it’s the same with high balls or short lobs he should reach before the attacker gets it. Hm.

Last edited:
You guys can tweak it to your liking of course. Don't forget that ;)
But this way it’s easier to blame it on someone else if it ain’t working. ;)
Kidding!!
I might crank the keeper stats back up. But I will play with city and the wolves first to check if it’s deGea related.
To the field player the stat changes feels better, imo. And I love it.
Sometimes it feels like the Mod TTB was using. I see some new stuff, like Sane hitting it wide. Aguero clearing it with a big strike down the field to get time of the clock. Nice AI lobs into the pen area instead of LCS! And when they do a low pass, it’s not that rigid, stiff and clinic. It’s more real. Had 2 occasions when they laid it off with the heel and the scorer took time to receive the ball and then curl it! Sure, they do hammer them directly like before. But it all looks a little more varied.

If this really adds something we need to find a guy that can edit everything on PC. I just can’t go through all the teams (PL, LaLiga, SerieA)! It’s too much. I guess. :)

But this way it’s easier to blame it on someone else if it ain’t working. ;)
Kidding!!
I might crank the keeper stats back up. But I will play with city and the wolves first to check if it’s deGea related.
To the field player the stat changes feels better, imo. And I love it.
Sometimes it feels like the Mod TTB was using. I see some new stuff, like Sane hitting it wide. Aguero clearing it with a big strike down the field to get time of the clock. Nice AI lobs into the pen area instead of LCS! And when they do a low pass, it’s not that rigid, stiff and clinic. It’s more real. Had 2 occasions when they laid it off with the heel and the scorer took time to receive the ball and then curl it! Sure, they do hammer them directly like before. But it all looks a little more varied.

If this really adds something we need to find a guy that can edit everything on PC. I just can’t go through all the teams (PL, LaLiga, SerieA)! It’s too much. I guess. :)
I know huh. I wish we had global sliders. Done in a minute.

Guys I installed the latest big update (yes, I wasn't touching the game since that long) and I wanted to give it a try.. but for some reasons, before the main options menu, I stay stucked in a blank loading screen for like 2-3 minutes.. and then it all goes smooth but I can't understand what's wrong. I tried to repair from Steam but the problem still stays. I have PTE patch even tho it doesn't obviously work with the update.

Any idea on how I can fix it before having to go through the burden of delete and reinstall?

Another match and again a lot of goals.
All the games I’ve been playing for 2 days now have high scores. 3:3, 4:2, 1:5, 0:4...
I used to have it very low. Like 0:0, 0:2 or 1:1! This really feels and is different. I don’t want that high scores. Might edit the keeper a little. -10 only instead of -20 could be worth a shot. Let’s see.

Ederson did a good job in my last game. Better than deGea, imo.

What I saw is a lot of random moments. I call them PES moments. Deflections, random stuff... and that combined with the more pronounced physics (battles)... lovely stuff!!

Been saving a lot of video snippets. Hope I can find time and mood to edit and upload.

Reg. @Matt10 latest fix. The midfield seems more crowded now. There are not so many holes in midfield now. More compact. I see that when I want to counter attack (or the AI tries to) a lot. Nice.

Edit: Otamendi is still a 86 OVR beast even after editing him like all the others. :)

Last edited:
There was a post by @aussiepesfan a few pages ago which outlined why he didn't get on with manual and tried other settings. (I cannot locate it but I found it interesting)

With full manual if you're making lots of chances that very good news. I don't play 2019 (even though I have a copy) but in 2018 shooting with L2 manual indicator or hitting pass instead of shoot used to come up with interesting results.

Also I'd recommend professional difficulty for manual.

[ Not switching the game off before the final whistle could help too. When you see some BS on the pitch like I just have, I just switch off. These days, I can tell when the game is playing me. ]

My take on Full Manual (FM) Shooting. I love the whole manual thing.. passing .. shooting etc, as there is that sense of "I did it myself without any assistance". When on FM shooting I would always use the L2 aiming indicator, not only cos it makes it easier, but I think its actually more realistic, as it shows exactly where at the goal mouth I am aiming to shoot (in real life, high class players will aim at a specific parts of the goal before they shoot), and it can be difficult to control this aimer when under pressure from oncoming defender. Only time I don't use L2, is when I just don't have the time, and want the ball anywhere on goal.. generally pointing stick to the middle. Anyways, enough of the rambling though.. ive now changed from FM to basic, which ill sum up with pro/cons in my views:

Full Manual
+ greater sense of control, achievement when scoring
+ more variety with miss kicks, particularly wide of the post.. and you know it was youre fault.
+ can get skiers (miskicks over the bar when maxing power bar)
+ headers greatly improved
+ very responsive

- Lacks variety in terms of power, trajectory, miskicks that are offered with Basic Shooting. Basic shooting is no doubt way more stat based, and position based (position, foot used, etc, can greatly impact your shot).
- Keeper seems to save everything. As a result my main way of scoring would be one-on-ones, and aiming softly/low into bottom corner, scoring low crosses into far post, and a variety of headers. Rarely scored a long range effort.. about 1-2 in all the time ive had Pes2019.
- Keeper not only saves a lot, but always DIVES... not once would stay standing stranded, and just concede there is no point diving. In Basic, ive already seen a keeper stranded a few times.. in less than 10 games. That's realistic.
-R2 finesse shot is broken. I used it while holding L2 aimer, and the ball … Just take my word.. its broken.

As much as I used to like FM shooting, its obvious Konami's main focus and time is on Basic shooting.. more variations and realism for me. I know its not as challenging as FM, which bothered me in the past, but Basic for me is the more realistic method. Btw, I did try Advanced, and as mentioned previously, its just too limited in its variation, even compared to FM. When Konami get FM shooting close to Basic's variations, fix the R2 finesse, and improve keeper interactions (whilst playing with FM), ill make the switch back.. purely for the complete control and challenge.
I don't use L2 on shots but I pretty much agree with everything.

If I have to describe each shot type with one word(I can't use just one word but you know what I mean):
Basic = More "REALISTIC"
Advanced = More "OPTIONS/CONTROL" than basic
Manual = More "SATISFYING"

I'm pretty much the opposite when it comes to camera angle, I can't play manual in a more angled camera.
I can, but it's more difficult for me so I stick with "Zoom-in'ed fan view(via NesaApp)" or a high wide camera(if I can't use Nesa).

I was avoiding Basic but I guess I have to try it.

Hopefully there are people using it in Online Divisions.

Its funny because i was a dies hard manual fan on FIFA 10 and PES 17, but this year both games are far more realistic and less mental on Assisted, PA1. FIFA on assisted with a bit of slider error (64 ish) is great this year and part of the reason i was hating it was trying to find manual slider settings.

Yes, that's what I thought, it's the keepers.
I agree that keeper kinda more SICK on FM. I think the devs designed it that way to make the game more balanced because once the player master the direction aiming, amount goals scored might be very high.

Just imagine, fast shots and accurate aiming. The only way to deal with that is good GKs and/or they add errors on stronger and farther shots(even if aiming is correct) but more out of target shots means more corners that they need to balance(the amount) as well. Of course, if the game wants us to score(or let you a have a higher percentage to score), then they'll make the keeper worse on some shots.

I remember attempting about 5 consecutive(but not in the same possession) accurate and fast shots near the post. My god, the goalie saves them all like it's nothing. Then my opponent scored, the I'm able to score next with a moderate speed shot that is almost aimed near the middle of the goal and keeper wasn't able to save it.haha

BTW, the "wind up" low shot is all about the timing of your "shot button" press. You just need to press the shot during the time the player creates a space between him and the ball when running, to have a higher percentage of attempting a that shot. At the edge of the penalty, the power needs to be around 35-45% so that it's strong but still a "low shot". I'm not good at it, hard to time.
I played basic shooting the last 2 days. And the low screamer you described look amazing. Max 50% and it will stay low. Scored a nice one with Gündogan. :)
I could do them with FM too. But it’s more varied now.
Let’s see how long I can resist to go back to FM.

Last match I played I actually won 4:1.
Need to go to the doctor now. But when I’m back I play some more.
But enough of Drury saying Manchester all the time no matter which team. ^^
I’ll edit a 4th team and play against the Wolves. Who should it be? What team do you want me to test next? :)

All the games I’ve been playing for 2 days now have high scores. 3:3, 4:2, 1:5, 0:4...
I used to have it very low. Like 0:0, 0:2 or 1:1! This really feels and is different. I don’t want that high scores. Might edit the keeper a little. -10 only instead of -20 could be worth a shot. Let’s see.

What I saw is a lot of random moments. I call them PES moments. Deflections, random stuff... and that combined with the more pronounced physics (battles)... lovely stuff!!

Been saving a lot of video snippets. Hope I can find time and mood to edit and upload.

Reg. @Matt10 latest fix. The midfield seems more crowded now. There are not so many holes in midfield now. More compact. I see that when I want to counter attack (or the AI tries to) a lot. Nice.

Edit: Otamendi is still a 86 OVR beast even after editing him like all the others. :)

Glad to hear that. That was the goal. Just to tighten up the space a bit, but still leave room to adjust. Also can be applied to those already in ML, or on console.

Glad to hear that. That was the goal. Just to tighten up the space a bit, but still leave room to adjust. Also can be applied to those already in ML, or on console.
I was in a hurry with a school run this morning so I watched your video without 100% attention. What was the point of fluid formation if you edited all of them to the same format. Backing up your team in your basic formation should do the trick, right?

And one more thing - when you use this, do you switch Deep Defensive Line or Swarm the box off? Coz thats what id probably do.
Having all team backed up like this + advance defensive strategy sounds like a bit too much. Am I right?

First post here, so hi to all!

As I actually stopped my Fifa Career because of the -1 Bug and EAs complete ignorance about it, I got inspired by the "Good old times"-posts from @Rodchenko and @Matt10 and just bought PES 19 in the PSN Sale. (At least I can't sell it now, as I did with my 2 copies of PES 19 before... :WHISTLE:)

Right now I'm motivated to start a new career tonight after work and as I never digged very deep in the tactic menues in the last years editions, I wonder what to do with the fluid formations. "On the ball" and "off the ball" formations are quite plain to me, but what is meant by "at kick-off"? Is it just a lazy translation again from Konami? I mean, there is no reason to set a formation just for a kick-off situation? Could anybody clear things up for me?

Hello, welcome. I am glad I was able to inspire someone. Konami should send me and @Matt10 a fee ;)

You can practically forget about the "kick-off" formation. It's a typical Konami thing. Focus on possession and off the ball fluid formations. Also forget about one tactics set being called "offensive" and the other one "defensive" (and the third one "custom"). That's another thing that had confused me for years. Essentially these are just 'slots 1, 2, and 3' to store different tactic sets in. You can store a super-defensive formation in the slot called 'offence', and nobody will care.

If I sound all of a sudden like a tactics junkie, it's probably because I have turned into one. Suprise, huh? With the self-appointed challenge to play ManU through an ML season on Superstar like TTB does, I had to sit down and do my homework and figure out what all these extended tactics settings mean and when you should apply them. Plus I had to familiarize myself with the training menu, which I have practically ignored for 20 years. Boy, this game is deep. I might turn into a Paulus after all!

Wish you fun!

P.S: since I also play FIFA (lately not so much anymore because all my time is consumed by studying tactics in order to scrape a draw from Huddersfield on ML Superstar which leaves me utterly drained but satisfied), may I ask what the -1 bug is (short answer please, we are not supposed to talk about the other game in here)?

P.S.S Thanks to @slamsoze @Chuny and others who have sparked my interest in tactics by pointing me to the "Attack support" feature ;)

Last edited:
Hello, welcome. I am glad I was able to inspire someone. Konami should send me and @Matt10 a fee ;)

You can practically forget about the "kick-off" formation. It's a typical Konami thing. Focus on possession and off the ball fluid formations. Also forget about one tactics set being called "offensive" and the other one "defensive" (and the third one "custom"). That's another thing that had confused me for years. Essentially these are just 'slots 1, 2, and 3' to store different tactic sets in. You can store a super-defensive formation in the slot called 'offence', and nobody will care.

If I sound all of a sudden like a tactics junkie, it's probably because I have turned into one. Suprise, huh? With the self-appointed challenge to play ManU through an ML season on Superstar like TTB does, I had to sit down and do my homework and figure out what all these extended tactics settings mean and when you should apply them. Plus I had to familiarize myself with the training menu, which I have practically ignored for 20 years. Boy, this game is deep. I might turn into a Paulus after all!

Wish you fun!

P.S: since I also play FIFA (lately not so much anymore because all my time is consumed by studying tactics in order to scrape a draw from Huddersfield on ML Superstar which leaves me utterly drained but satisfied), may I ask what the -1 bug is (short answer please, we are not supposed to talk about the other game in here)?

P.S.S Thanks to @slamsoze @Chuny and others who have sparked my interest in tactics by pointing me to the "Attack support" feature ;)

I set one formation at "on possession" and one at "off the ball", yes. And somewhere I saw the offensive and defensive slots, which indeed confuses me too.
I mean, ingame you have the 2 offensive and 2 defensive advanced instructions, which are triggered by L2 and d-pad. And you have the red and blue bars to adjust the off/def level. So I am wondering where I could change formations during the game? :THINK: As I said, I never digged deep into the tactics settings...

(Short answer about the bug: Players overall rating decline by -1 after training and games. Happening to the entire squad randomly. It is somewhere mentioned here in the right thread, too.)

Im really sorry people but this is too much to edit every player in the game, i believe games are made to be played as they are with minor adjustments, i d rather have a new game on my hanf rather than spend my life editing these stuff...noway in the world

I set one formation at "on possession" and one at "off the ball", yes. And somewhere I saw the offensive and defensive slots, which indeed confuses me too.
I mean, ingame you have the 2 offensive and 2 defensive advanced instructions, which are triggered by L2 and d-pad. And you have the red and blue bars to adjust the off/def level. So I am wondering where I could change formations during the game? :THINK: As I said, I never digged deep into the tactics settings...

I am PMing you, this stuff is probably boring to most of the guys here, and I don't want to derail the slider discussion.

I was in a hurry with a school run this morning so I watched your video without 100% attention. What was the point of fluid formation if you edited all of them to the same format. Backing up your team in your basic formation should do the trick, right?

And one more thing - when you use this, do you switch Deep Defensive Line or Swarm the box off? Coz thats what id probably do.
Having all team backed up like this + advance defensive strategy sounds like a bit too much. Am I right?

It's to set the base formation, so that way if you choose to move your players into certain positions, or modify their roles when you have the ball, you can, but keeping the integrity of the lineup adjustments. I didn't go into that in the video, but setting it there doesn't hurt things. For example, setting a DMF versus a CMF in possession means the DMF will stay back, and the CMF go forward. I like to set all my CMFs to DMFs out of possession to ensure they keep a solid bank in the midfield.

Lami, where did you get that avatar? :D That's Seabass, isn't he?.
I Googled him up recently...... not even Google knows his whereabouts.
Yeah that's him :D

A member on here many years ago added the smoking bit to the image. And I took it off him since. Can't remember who though.

Yeah I thought about tweaking the keepers, but all the goals were far corners and not many keepers can save these. So I thought the problem isn't with the keepers, but the overpowered finishing in this game. Even after lowering Finishing for many of the lower teams' players to 40s and 50s, they still score goals like nothing. Which is sad, since the other stats do work but this doesn't do much.

@aussiepesfan are you playing on default speed? I don't know why your game looks slower than mine.

Im really sorry people but this is too much to edit every player in the game, i believe games are made to be played as they are with minor adjustments, i d rather have a new game on my hanf rather than spend my life editing these stuff...noway in the world

Gotta agree with you here. It’s just too much time to edit every single player - even though I really like how the game plays with the -20 edits.

Takes me about 30 seconds to edit 1 player, most teams have about 30 players on the team... that’s 5 hours just to edit 1 complete league.

@aussiepesfan are you playing on default speed? I don't know why your game looks slower than mine.

Yes default 0 speed. I actually thought the youtube clip made it look quicker that what it lloks like when i play. I do think the -20 slider fix does slow things down in regards to how the cpu attacks...and also me p1 if i apply it to my team as well. Also, i have to say...when i play at riverplates stadium cloudy with rain, with argentine teams, it also seems to slow things down. Not sure what to read into this but appears that way...maybe the wet conditions dumb things down like touch n trapping...i definitely see more heavy touches in the wet.

Yes default 0 speed. I actually thought the youtube clip made it look quicker that what it lloks like when i play. I do think the -20 slider fix does slow things down in regards to how the cpu attacks...and also me p1 if i apply it to my team as well. Also, i have to say...when i play at riverplates stadium cloudy with rain, with argentine teams, it also seems to slow things down. Not sure what to read into this but appears that way...maybe the wet conditions dumb things down like touch n trapping...i definitely see more heavy touches in the wet.
Hmm.. This game is definitely weird. When I first started this with the Danish teams, everything felt slower, like your video, realistic pace. Yesterday though while playing as City, even vs lower teams like Cardiff and Huddersfield, the game felt faster. I don't know if this is the effect of Superstar difficulty trying to match the weaker AI's stats with mine (City's), thus the game playing much faster? So I went one down to Top Player and it felt a bit better.

Nice to read these impressions.

Specially from @Lami :)
I´d like to try that one the console, but I can´t see myself editing every single player.

Well then I guess, that´s what the Thai League was made for^^
Players should be low enough there, no?

Back
Top Bottom