PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Maybe the gameplay patch by inca did a part here too.
It was promoted on TTB´s youtube channel - a quite well visited one - among other sites.

Seeing that it can be done by the community and getting a lot of positive feedback on it, maybe it was a trigger as well.
Thanks so much @chiefrocka4real . Didn't know that.

Well, even if this patch fixes all these things perfectly, im sure certain people on here will find something else to complain about. :)

Headers! Lovely! So I wasn't losing my mind then, headers ARE weird (hopefully this applies to manual headers as well)

No you weren't. If you were able to play the cross in front of your player so he could run onto the ball or even scuff it gently at first post you could get great headers / cool finishes, but for any other scenario success rate was very low.

I happened to get this one earlier:

Was it timing or anything like that? Nope, I wasn't even playing seriously.

And look from what part of his head it comes. It kinda comes from the side of the back of his head.

Screenshot - 10182018 - 11:07:58 PM.png

So, what's the bad news about this DLC?
Do they gonna remove Liga Aguila, aswell they aren't annouced or listed on any official PES website? Like i've mentionned before PEA league all have banners in Chinese, are Chinese by default (checking with .ted editor) so that was big hint that this place was reserved for CSL...
But Thai league, i don't know how and when neither, maybe they're gonna use slots from Others Latin America, or even PAS league could be remplaced.

I'm happy that i've only edited NT for now on, waiting for the DLC coming out. This is gonna be one of a hell DLC.
But whatever, now we could say "PES 2019 is finally out" looking as a final product.

PEA is called Chinese_League in the database. I am sure it will be replaced by the real CSL.

I wonder if the teams will disappear or be moved to their original place in Other Europe.

As for Thai League it's already in the database on its own, but it's inactive because there aren't any teams in it.

Besides PEA, no league is at risk of disappearing.

Thanks for the info i didn't know about Thai (but CSL, that was obvious that it will replace PEA)
So we could have both J-league, 4 others asian clubs, Thai and Csl... + AFC teams.

With a good editing, we could start a realistic ML on Asia, for a change.

I was a little confused by the "adjusted the accuracy of chip shots" . Am i irrationally optimistic in thinking they are talking about r2 shooting in full manual (as this pretty much broken in its current state)??? Jeez i hope they fix this...

Glad to hear the header improvement...again i hope they are talking about the manual users as currently its pretty hit n miss...more miss...particularly with the looping headers even when unmarked...im sure i saw the notes mention free headers are going to be more accurate...awesome news!!!

25th cannot come soon enough. ..

Yeah, cuz WE are what's wrong with PES...
I never said WE was. Its just certain areas of the PES community are toxic as hell. If this patch is perfect, they'll be back to complaining about something else instead. Its boring really. :/

I never said WE was. Its just certain areas of the PES community are toxic as hell. If this patch is perfect, they'll be back to complaining about something else instead. Its boring really. :/
And it’s boring when people protect PES even when there’s game breaking bugs like the terrible AI.

I don’t think the community is toxic. I think that it’s loyal customer base have finally run out of patience.

And it’s boring when people protect PES even when there’s game breaking bugs like the terrible AI.

I don’t think the community is toxic. I think that it’s loyal customer base have finally run out of patience.

I don't protect them. If this patch fixes everything, you watch people start complaining about scoreboards, grass, beards and tattoos. See it coming a mile off.

For every big game you have ultras ready to defend the indefensible, and critics that would hate no matter what. Both are pretty stupid and toxic categories and I don't think there is the need to point it out the further.

I don't protect them. If this patch fixes everything, you watch people start complaining about scoreboards, grass, beards and tattoos. See it coming a mile off.
On Twitter I would agree with you, it’s the myClub kids they’re obsessed with faces and tattoos.

But the guys who post here are level headed and don’t really care about that kind of thing, we just want good gameplay and competent AI.

On Twitter I would agree with you, it’s the myClub kids they’re obsessed with faces and tattoos.

But the guys who post here are level headed and don’t really care about that kind of thing, we just want good gameplay and competent AI.
100%.
If this patch fix all the issues that are listed - Im happy.
If I get penalty every now and again - im happier.
If i see that different teams play different way - ill b exstatic.
Everything else - feck it, till Pes20.
Its been a long war to get to that point and that patch. Im tired and just want to play.

Edit: good to be back!

I got a pen last night, I swear, proper hack job as well, the other team had already lost one player with a straight red and were jumping into tackles all over the place.

Scored it as well, think it was actually my first pen since PES 2017.

I got a pen last night, I swear, proper hack job as well, the other team had already lost one player with a straight red and were jumping into tackles all over the place.

Scored it as well, think it was actually my first pen since PES 2017.
Jaysus, what difficulty, speed and PA do you play to get that level of MMA??
Since i bought 19 i never had penalty or red card for AI. Id love to have some!

Jaysus, what difficulty, speed and PA do you play to get that level of MMA??
Since i bought 19 i never had penalty or red card for AI. Id love to have some!

I play on PA0 and Professional difficulty, this may have been the first straight red tackle I have seen from the AI, just a split second turn from my player and it suddenly became a tackle from behind. It was a second leg knockout game against Dinamo Zagreb and after they were a man down they just played like total knobs. Was an easy 3-0 in the end.

Every match, on average the COM saves 7-10 shots. I'm lucky if my keeper saves more than 0.
Also I can't ever remember seeing a COM goal that wasn't a rocket into the top corner 'postage stamp'.

Hope this patch addresses this as well.

And all the COM stuff they're tweaking, hope it helps fixing your AI teammates too.

Can they patch in some atmosphere?

I sent 2 months ago to officialpes twitter account link with the best chants for Pes 2019. Only copy & paste into the game. In 10 min they can make better atmosphere than the other game. I can not understand why they don’t do it. It’s easy and simple as hell. 10 min and similar level or even better than other game.

Without beating the same drum...

Just picked this up for a game after about a month, then quickly remembered why it had been gathering dust for so long. 2-0 up and coasting, then after about the 65-minute mark suddenly the AI (a two-star team I hasten to add) picks off every single one of my passes, closes down the space, executes inch-perfect tackles and frankly becomes nigh-on impossible to dispossess.

Eventually culminates in a *sigh* low cross into the box, *sigh* two backheels which I can't get anywhere near and then *sigh* the striker putting it into the top corner without me given the slightest chance of putting a tackle or a block in. Rinse, repeat and I end up drawing 2-2, conceding two goals that a) I had no chance of preventing once it got to a certain point and b) have never, ever been scored in the history of football in real life.

Whoever implemented the scripting in this needs firing or shooting. It's not subtle in the slightest. It's literally like a flip of a switch. It's the kind of careless, rushed, nonsensical, half-arsed approach that sadly I've come to expect from Konami now.

Also, the person a few pages back who mentioned that EVERY defensive clearance the computer makes goes inch-perfectly into the path of their forward stood on the halfway line is absolutely spot on. It's ridiculous and kills the attacking momentum time and time again. So, so unrealistic.

And the reasons above are exactly why I'm skeptical of the patch that they're putting out next week. Yes, minimal praise for acknowledging the most blindingly obvious flaws over a month after it came out, but they are renowned for promising the earth and not delivering. I've had my fingers burnt by them pretty much year on year for god knows how long now, so I'll only believe it when I see the supposed changes in action. And even then, I hope the changes they will apparently incorporate aren't to the detriment to the rest of the game. With RDR2 coming out at the same time, it means it'll have to be something extraordinary to pick it back up again.

All Konami care about these days is online and micro-transactions - which is pretty much confirmed when you consider that since putting that announcement out, it's been drowned out on social media by MyClub nonsense. It's pretty sad really when you think about it. All my best memories of PES come from playing through the Master League, and now that has just been tossed aside - in fact I can't remember them making a single reference to it since the game was released.

Back
Top Bottom