PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Who belive that after the patch keepers won't be glued to the line? I'm not.
Are keepers glued to the line really such a big problem for you guys?
It could be better, granted, but its definetely not a game breaker for me.
They come out to through balls or passes that can be intercepted.

And how many 1on1 situations did you have? Due to deep defensive lines and AI teams backing up constantly I can count on one hand the amount of 1on1's that I had on higher difficulties, since I started playing.

Constant AI tap in goals from the wing, top corner clinical shots and no shots from distance are much bigger issue.

Last edited:
Haha I know what you mean. Sometimes, there are goals that looks like it was just given to you by the game because goal keepers didn't react properly.
The worst is that sometimes GKs react but the ball passes through their hands or arms, just to let you score.

Yeah that kind of stuff is really bad. I think we've seen everything in past years from balls going through GK's, hands being retracted, GK's sinking through their feet when ball is coming straight at them....

This one bit more borderline perhaps, but it's nearly 1,5 meter off the post. Should be a prey for Emerson on top player.

It could be better, granted, but its definetely not a game breaker for me.
They come out to through balls or passes that can be intercepted.

And how many 1on1 situations did you have? Due to deep defensive lines and AI teams backing up constantly I can count on one hand the amount of 1on1's that I had on higher difficulties, since I started playing.

Constant AI tap in goals from the wing, top corner clinical shots and no shots from distance are much bigger issue.
It’s important for me very much specially online.

When it happens (with past chapters, I mean, since I don't play 2019), it totally breaks immersion for me. It's like watching a bot that doesn't care at all for what it's happening in the field. With this kind of behaviour you also have only the option of placing a shot, plus the keeper coming out would bring out more possible outcomes of the same actions.

The way I read it is that he and other pessimists would be surprised if it was fixed, not that he is expecting it to be fixed, if that makes sense.
I genuinely think the next patch will surprise us in a good way. I get more than just a feeling that they're listening - for several reasons (not least of which that they admitted to the ML transfer issues pretty much immediately after release).

I'm not enjoying the game at all currently, and I've always been blunt about that. But I'm a mod here (and have been for around 15 years, and still spend hours a day here) because I want PES to be great again - and this next patch could well please a lot of us.

I genuinely think the next patch will surprise us in a good way. I get more than just the feeling that they're listening
Wow...i didnt see that coming from you... ;)
But I agree. There is a lot of reasons behind it.

I think that they were taken by surprise by so many people bashing AI. Offline community was always more quiet. We got the game, started ML and just sunk in it.
Website was just full of "give a face to this" and "why he has better stats than him?" And "gimme gimme gimme black ball after midnight" type of posts.

They fully focused on online without really testing offline. They made a bollox on the way with dynamic lightning, which didnt turn out great, and edit files, where they were forced to remove D2's. Then they aquired new leagues without really doing anything with them. It was just a mess (still is)

But what they did not see was that the whole offline loving community will have an uprising, calling them out on their lies and posting proofs of their lies.

Whether they want to admit it or not, offline is still a huge part of their fan focus. And they realise they have to make ammends for all the clusterfucks.

On the side they must see posts of people happy enough with FIFA and switching to it.
They didnt care for a long time as loyal fans were buying the game regardless. But now they are on a thin ice. Online is fun for a lot of people but people still want a full package, not just Pes Online.

If this patch fixes the AI for ML so its less spammy with the low cross rubbish I will be very happy.

If they could also patch out the handicapping/momentum/scripting crap online then that would be great too. So tired of getting a good run of games then all of a sudden you get a game where its like your players have never heard of the sport.. That sort of thing is killing my enjoyment of the online side of things, that and the spammers/tactic abusers you seem to run into all the time. If it was up to me, I would lock the tactics entirely like FIFA does so you pick your manager and there is no movement on the players to allow for cheap tactics.. Each manager could have normal, attacking and defensive varients (like now but all of them having it)... Should stop some of the crap we see online.. However I assume the little kiddies would be up in arms about it on Twitter within seconds.

I genuinely think the next patch will surprise us in a good way. I get more than just a feeling that they're listening - for several reasons (not least of which that they admitted to the ML transfer issues pretty much immediately after release).

I'm not enjoying the game at all currently, and I've always been blunt about that. But I'm a mod here (and have been for around 15 years, and still spend hours a day here) because I want PES to be great again - and this next patch could well please a lot of us.

You should have @ me Chris Davies.

Not sure i have the same optimism. They have been given feedback after beta 2 years in a row, the released game is always worse than demo.

Think you are all going to be disappointed (but not surprised) with the patch.
- Commentary that doesn't even relate to whats happening on screen, commentators talking over eachother
- Offline AI being repetitive and one dimensional, every team plays identical to eachother
- GK's rooted to lines
- FK's way too easy and OP
- Shots and passes are bland, boring and repetitive, same animations over and over, no variation
- COM controlled team mates just randomly stop marking/tracking runs leaving the COm CF's alone to walk into the box and score
- Low Cross Spamming, first time backheels, instant one touch laser guided shots
- Laser guided perfect slide tackles, every time
- Hollow, shallow, boring and partly broken ML mode
- Grey plain uninspiring outdated Menus and UI
- Lack of enlighten engine giving dynamic lighting as promised in hype and PR
- Snow!?!?! literally is just an overlay of snow falling, with a wet pitch, where is the snow on the pitch, pastches of snow covering lines etc?
- Finances are out in ML, you get 500k for promotion, whereas the prize money is in the tens of millions IRL
- Stadiums misisng for licensed teams such as Ibrox, Celtic Park, Stade Lous II etc

This is just a selection of stuff that should have been completed or implemented properly, but isn't.
Konami are taking near on 3 months to release a patch to fix something that an amateur modder fixed for PC inside 3 weeks.
They lied to us blatantly in the build up to release, released an unfinished sub-standard quality game which had no testing, charged full price, then go silent after you've bought the game.

Its an absolute clusterf*k this year, so much potential, but such laziness and disinterest from Konami, if it isnt MyClub, they don't give a shit.

Will take more than one patch to fix this mess.

Will take more than one patch to fix this mess.
I don't disagree with your criticism but the fact is, if the patch gets goalkeepers off their lines and makes the AI start doing more things with the ball (with a bit more intelligence) and stop with the constant low-crosses, then frankly, I can forgive (though we shouldn't have to) dodgy commentary, for example.

I think if we were assigning a priority "score" (i.e. "how much does this spoil the experience") to each of those items on your list, and combined it totalled 100%, the AI would account for at least 50% of it. For me personally. But of course, it'll be different for everybody...

I agree with you Chris, some of the things I listed are in no way game breaking such as menus etc, but should still be 'finished' and pride taken in them, as an overall finished retail product.

Absolutely AI should be the main focus. If the patch does fix LCS then ML wuld be just about playable for me, but would still be far from an engaging enjoyable mode.

Until they change the AI and team styles so that playing Barcelona in a European Cup match doesnt feel exactly like playing Rotherham in a midweek Championship match, ML will have no longevity for me.

I agree with you Chris, some of the things I listed are in no way game breaking such as menus etc, but should still be 'finished' and pride taken in them, as an overall finished retail product.

Absolutely AI should be the main focus. If the patch does fix LCS then ML wuld be just about playable for me, but would still be far from an engaging enjoyable mode.

Until they change the AI and team styles so that playing Barcelona in a European Cup match doesnt feel exactly like playing Rotherham in a midweek Championship match, ML will have no longevity for me.

Providing we have all the fixes for AI and matches become unpredictable, engaging and fun - i will be happy enough.
This years on-the-pitch gameplay has grounds to be the best football game in a very long time.
I will enjoy playing in our shallow little ML puddle if gameplay on the pitch will improve.
But fixing AI is an absolute MUST.

Everything else - D2's, menus, commentary and some new ML features - all can wait till next year. Im giving them benefit of doubt. They wanted to release it early and add a lot in one go, they rushed it, broke few things on the way and generally fucked it all up.

Give me a decent gameplay. Thats all I want for the moment.

Everything else (or lack of everything else) will help me decide whether to touch Pes20 or not. But thats a question for next year.

I understand the sentiment but will remain skeptical. The fact ML transfers were fixed bodes well, the fact that the patch is due end of October and no information has been shared yet does not.

Guys do you have noticed that something in gameplay has changed?

The rhythm is more faster...i used to play on -2...but i tought i was playing on 0...ball physic seems to be different...sometimes the ball goes really fast...all players get the same weight...if you use Mbappe' or Mcguire feels you as they have the same weight,agility,pace,acceleration...

So i was wondering to myself fi it's just me or for some of you is the same?

Last edited:
Guys do you have noticed that something in gameplay has changed?

The rhythm is more faster...i used to play on -2...but i tought i was playing on 0...ball physic seems to be different...sometimes the ball goes really fast...all players get the same weight...if you use Mbappe' or Mcguire feels you as they have the same weight,agility,pace,acceleration...

So i was wondering to myself fi it's just me or for some of you is the same?
just you I'm.afraid , nothing changed for me on ps4..waiting for patch

@Ribas2810 - i didnt notice any difference, pal. I play on -1 and it feels like -1.
Same with other things that you mentioned. I have fast wingers on my team and most of the time they overtake defenders and get to through balls first.
Did you change difficulty, or playing style?

Back
Top Bottom