PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Do you recon it might be required to start over?? I mean, last ML fix with transfers - that was obvious as all the transfers were done and teams had 17 Goalkeepers.
But DLC, some stadiums and gameplay tweaks shouldnt require a restart, should it?
How was it on Pes18? Every data pack that came out didnt require new ML as far as I remember. And they were tweaking gameplay as well...
You would probably not need to restart,but if,I'm not playing 1-2 ,then forced to restart,or if I need to tweak tactics,I'd still need a restart
I'm pretty sure it's not needed mate
As far as I remember we didn't need to restart it for 18 or 17.
Hope I didn't scare you,if so,sorry!

After some days now I’ve taken the time to play some PES tonight. Because of the other game i played with sliders I put down the speed to -1!
I was playing GER:FRA 3 times. All games were fun. The occasional LCS, but I enjoyed it after being so long gone. fuma feels different and easier. Hm.
Nothing to add here. This game can shine. Roll on patch!!

@rockstrongo I wanted option files and Xbox don't allow them. Well it does to a point but no badges, logos or sponsors.
I know mate,fricking MS and Konami.
2018 and you and I can't play each other online, Sony/MS/Nintendo etc needs to let us do it.
I was on the fence with badges kits etc and a Ps4 before,but I realised I play other games as well,that's why I did what I did

Do you recon it might be required to start over?? I mean, last ML fix with transfers - that was obvious as all the transfers were done and teams had 17 Goalkeepers.
But DLC, some stadiums and gameplay tweaks shouldnt require a restart, should it?
How was it on Pes18? Every data pack that came out didnt require new ML as far as I remember. And they were tweaking gameplay as well...

From my experience, I'd say that it does require a restart. 18 did... I had two saves pre and post patch... post patch felt so much better.

Gonna abort my ML with Napoli.
In my first window I bought about 8 new players. All good players.
It was too easy. After first window I had Alberweild, Fekir, Firminio, Pulisic, Foden, Upamecano, Ziyech and Mbappe. Ridiculous. Even the players I had zero chance of getting I signed.
Will wait for patch and then start again

Last edited:
Gonna abort my ML with Napoli.
In my first window I bought about 8 new players. All good players.
It was too easy. After first window I had Alberweild, Fekir, Firminio, Pulisic, Foden, Upamecano, Ziyech and Mbappe. Ridiculous. Even the players I had zero chance of getting I signed.
Will wait for patch and then start again

Try challenge mode if you already haven't.

Anyway the patch won't address the Master League mode, but AI and online performance so to me it's useless to wait for that.

I doubt the patch will be out Oct 25th, they would have started by "teasing" new faces or something like that by now then. Nov 1 is my guess.

When you score a goal on PES its like.......BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

Goals are so damn rewarding! Especially on high (SS and above) difficulties, where you have to work really hard to get them.
In PES when you score a screamer from outside the box, you FEEL that you had everything right - momentum, body ballance, precision and force. It feels that you earned it!

:LOL:
Yes, it has this feeling! When you score, goals are great, i raize my fist sometimes ,haha. But the issue is you dont play only when you score, or you dont play only to score or win.You play because you want to have some good time & some competitive fun time.And for me at the moment i dont feel that so much against the problematic cpu in my ML...There is not sthing that we can do, we just have to wait for the patch & hope that will fix the game

Ive played PES for the last few days and the trouble with it is its just boring after a few games.
Theres defo something missing. Is it my age? I sold my PS4 Pro in the December after it was released in the November.
I fell out of love with gaming - and i feel im heading that way again.
i really enjoyed fifa on the kids switch. Maybe as i didnt analyse everything and wasn't expecting much.
I dont really enjoy either game any more and have no interest in any other games.

Last edited:
Ive played PES for the last few days and the trouble with it is its just boring.
Theres defo something missing. Is it my age? I sold my PS4 Pro in the December after it was released in the November.
i really enjoyed fifa on the kids switch. maybe as i didnt analyse everything and wasn't expecting much.
I dont really enjoy either game any more and have no interest in any other games.

May i assume you are playing full manual on legendary level?

Anything beyond that is either too assisted and/or doesn´t give a proper simulation feel, which would bore me as well.

Ive played PES for the last few days and the trouble with it is its just boring.
i really enjoyed fifa on the kids switch. maybe as i didnt analyse everything and wasn't expecting much.

Could be you play too much. ? come back next week man, hopefully there's a new patch and you have already forgotten some of how the game feels like. Fresh start.

I haven't even touched ML.. does not have enough spare time and desire.. lol. Just casual exhibition match.

Could be you play too much. ? come back next week man, hopefully there's a new patch and you have already forgotten some of how the game feels like. Fresh start.

I haven't even touched ML.. does not have enough spare time and desire.. lol. Just casual exhibition match.

I only play an hour a night - but I think youre right I need a break from both for a while.
If I play after the patch and dont enjoy ill probably end up selling the PRO and buying Fifa for the Switch and enjoy that a lot more.

I’ve always said flipping between the 2 games is a bad idea.
4 weeks was enough this year. ill not be flipping. pes has been sold.
The more I play Fifa the more I dislike it.
When can we play the digital version on PS4? Is it 11pm this Thursday?
Underneath it all pes plays a good game
Pick one and stick with it.
Played a few games [of PES] last night. Didn’t see 1 low crosss.
Mate came over and we fired up fifa19. There were so many jump off the sofa moments. Found a team that I love using, Dortmund.
Pes is just not playable for me as the AI is so dull. That patch needs to come quick.
I’m not sure why anyone is still playing this until it’s patched.
I’m trying not to touch pes now until patched.
I think I prefer PES19 to FIFA19.
Not enjoying other game at moment so started a ML with Napoli.
Ive played PES for the last few days [...] its just boring after a few games.

Dude. I think it's time - for your sanity and for ours - to find a new hobby.

Ive played PES for the last few days and the trouble with it is its just boring after a few games.
i really enjoyed fifa on the kids switch. Maybe as i didnt analyse everything and wasn't expecting much.

My problem is not age but time. I can't play when i want because I'm busy and not alone( wife&kids).

May i assume you are playing full manual on legendary level?

Anything beyond that is either too assisted and/or doesn´t give a proper simulation feel, which would bore me as well.
I dont think it works like that, philla.
There has to be some element of "fun" there and enjoyment.
Unless you are a fantastic player, Legend and FUMA will bring you nothing but frustration. You will not be able to create any opening or have any shots and you'll be hammered.
So no, I dont agree that it will prevent boredom. You will be bored of being hammered constantly.

Our hope is that patch will bring more various playstyles from AI and that it will make matches (and goals) feel different. Loosing 99% of goals from low cross tap in, or sniper top corner shot are killing this game.
An ML need a serious fecking overhaul. If they dont bring any new, interesting features next year I will not be touching it. After you do your transfers there is absolutely NOTHING to do.

Haha I think you're right!
Im driving me mad let alone you lot.
Don’t feel crazy man....I’m the same. I yo yo between both, one day I am loving PES, the next I hate it. One day I love Fifa, next I hate it.

It’s weird because with my other gaming [Forza Horizon, Battlefront, survival games like State of Decay] I just chill and enjoy them.

Football games make me excitable and angry. Sad and happy. All at the same time! :LOL:

Don’t feel crazy man....I’m the same. I yo yo between both, one day I am loving PES, the next I hate it. One day I love Fifa, next I hate it.

It’s weird because with my other gaming [Forza Horizon, Battlefront, survival games like State of Decay] I just chill and enjoy them.

Football games make me excitable and angry. Sad and happy. All at the same time! :LOL:

I have two games and first put FIFA 19 to my PS4 than Pes 2019. After that Pes feels chaotic weird....;/

this year i am happy with both games (if i dont mind the PES AI or FIFA header)! i have never felt that way in the past! first time! no hate for neither game (none is that bad this year)! says a lot, imo! but thats just MY feeling! ;)

I always feel like it's a damn good game when I haven't played for a while.
My Pes 18 ML which I hadn't played in a month were great when playing it yesterday
When it comes to ML,it all went lame and stale when they tried to FIFA it.

I always feel like it's a damn good game when I haven't played for a while.
My Pes 18 ML which I hadn't played in a month were great when playing it yesterday
When it comes to ML,it all went lame and stale when they tried to FIFA it.
i sure overplayed the other game in the last weeks! :) i felt it. i started a round of TGC2 or drive some GTS in between... to get my mind sober! :) too much of the same is boring (for hours each day). so glad RDR2 is around the corner.
it will be so nice to play some football again a week after its released, i bet!

i sure overplayed the other game in the last weeks! :) i felt it. i started a round of TGC2 or drive some GTS in between... to get my mind sober! :) too much of the same is boring (for hours each day). so glad RDR2 is around the corner.
it will be so nice to play some football again a week after its released, i bet!
Yes you need some other games to break the football madness pal.
I'm playing less football now than I've done before.
Probably 30-70 ,compared to Pes 16-17(and Fifa16) where I played 90-10

Had a few games in my ML after a good break. One big plus over 18 is that there are hardly any instances of the game flipping the bullshit switch and just walking over you with some team consisting of poor players. PES 2018 did this so many times, frequently a game against City or United could be fine but then Brighton and Hove Albion were like permanently adrenaline infused robot-men.
Now, granted, I am mostly playing on professional but I think I have played enough top player to say this game has a more logical system of the stronger teams being, well, stronger. I just finished a game with my Milan against Juve and although tough, I scraped a 2-1 win. It was very entertaining, the only real complaint was Ronaldo pretty much looking like any other player in their team.
When this game delivers, it does it exceptionally well and a well balanced gameplay patch could very much make this the best football game of all time.
Guess we will find out soon.

Back
Top Bottom