PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I just hope that "adjusted the accuracy of chip shots" means that they are a lot harder now.

Maybe it means even easier...:SHOCK:
that would be a typical Konami.:LOL:

Me when I read that Konami have made detailed patch notes about fixing the game and then seeing the actual patch notes:

giphy.gif

Firstly, its never good to abuse someone across social media, despite your views, that's not how to communicate ir get your point across.
Secondly, I don't think Konami deserve any credit for this patch whatsoever.

If they had bothered getting their fingers out their asses pre-release and actually tested the offline side of the game instead of having several play test days where they invite their best mates round to all play each other in mindless one on one matches, then they would have identified all these issues before release and could have worked on most of them, so that what we paid for was at least a lot closer to a finished product instead of a half-assed rush job.
Also, to KNOW that there are issues such as the ML transfers, then blatantly lie to everyone and doctor screenshots to cover it up instead of fixing it, then making us have to wait a month for a patch, is beyond acceptable.

Consumers pay for a product, they expect a certain level of quality, everyone has been calling for more transparency with patch notes for years, they only listened this year due to the severe backlash they got over the state of the game.

Who runs the @officialPES Twitter account? is it Asim? if so, then all the feedback that the community has been gathering they they passed on to him, he has simply passed to the devs, its his job, its what he's paid by Konami to do, no big kudos, just doing what he's paid to do.
Maybe if he didn't block everyone on Twitter that feeds back about the game that isn't ass kissing he'd have had more of clear idea about what customers thought about the game ages ago.

With this Patch Konami are just fixing what should have been fixed before release, that's if it actually works and does anything and doesn't introduce more issues as a result.

On a finishing note, where is the enlighten dynamic lighting system as so heavily hyped in their PR during launch?
Where is Ibrox and Celtic Park, 2 huge iconic stadiums that belong to a licensed SPL?

It could be Xmas before they come, if that early, so do we praise them for giving us a finished product nearly 5 months after they have taken our money?

They rushed the game out early in a poor state, since then FIFA has launched and people have moved over, Red Dead 2 is due next week, the biggest game in years, the captive audience they had at release is now much smaller.

Obviously its a good thing that they have issued this patch, or will be, as the changes are heavily needed but they don't deserve any credit for pritt sticking a broken product together months later.

Here's the thing though, folks. We've all (myself included) given PES's social media team (i.e. Asim) a kicking about not listening to us. We don't know the whole story - even though a lot of us have said time and time again that what happens is up to the devs, not to their social media channels.

If not for Asim collecting our reports, from social media, from communities likes ours, and beyond - and hammering this stuff home - we wouldn't have these fixes.

I hope (but I don't expect) that this will be the end of the abuse he gets, regardless of whether this patch fixes everything you wished for or not.

@xPJRx - all I can say is, it's not as easy as that. You can collect and collate, but that doesn't mean you're going to be listened to, especially when the development team is based literally 5,865 miles away from you. Asim deserves credit.

But it's in the hands of the devs now. It's an impressive changelog - in my opinion. At this point, they could have easily just stopped making changes. The release date has long gone. They've got no obligation to carry on tweaking.

Of course, it could turn out to create more issues... But let's wait and see.

@xPJRx - all I can say is, it's not as easy as that. You can collect and collate, but that doesn't mean you're going to be listened to, especially when the development team is based literally 5,865 miles away from you. Asim deserves credit.

But it's in the hands of the devs now. It's an impressive changelog - in my opinion. At this point, they could have easily just stopped making changes. The release date has long gone. They've got no obligation to carry on tweaking.

Of course, it could turn out to create more issues... But let's wait and see.

Asim had zero to do with it. He collated feedback whereby the majority of the work, videos, evidence, screenshots, suggestions, examples, were all done by the community, he then passed it on to Adam,. who took it to the devs, and they decide what they are going to work on, the only bit of credit they deserve is that they seem to have worked on all the major points fed back.

If they'd released PES 19 in the state they did, then made no further changes and left as is, then they would be out of business next year, and maybe up in front of an OFCOM tribunal for releasing a defective quality product and failing to support it. (obviously thats an exaggeration but the state of the game was so bad its plausible).

If it fixes all the things mentioned, like properly fixes it, then they would have won me back over as an active PES 19 player, whereas currently im balls deep in FIFA and enjoying it a lot, and have no reason or need to go back to PES, but if these fixes work, I will, because, well, its PES!

But the last few pages of people claiming how amazing this is and how Konami should be praised is laughable, you guys need to have a better expectation of what a finished product looks like.

Low cross.. no.. it is a low pass
I just hope that "adjusted the accuracy of chip shots" means that they are a lot harder now.

Maybe it means even easier...:SHOCK:
that would be a typical Konami.:LOL:

It should be harder.. i thought GK glued to his line because there'll be many easy chip shot if he is not.
Good news anyway regarding the patch. Hopefully, Konami insert new codes to the game and tweak with what is available now.

I agree with @xPJRx

It’s all left a sour taste in my mouth. What I’ve definitely learned this year is never trust a word that comes out of anyone’s mouth at Konami or the people who represent them.

Next year I will wait for PES 2020 to release and read all of the feedback on Twitter, here and Reddit before I even think about buying it. And even then I will probably wait until December until it’s been patched and the DLC has been added [I still don’t know why they can’t release stuff like stadiums on day 1, why the wait every time? it’s weird.]

I don’t trust Konami, plain and simple. I dislike how they rush PES out early September these days. I preferred the old days when they released it late October. It feels rushed out these days.

I do think it’s taken a lot of balls, however, to release this huge patch and admit they f*cked up. Because they’ve never admitted their game was broken like this before.

Asim had zero to do with it.
That's a really, really big call for someone with no behind-the-scenes knowledge.

You're entitled to your opinion but what you're stating here (as fact) is absolutely wrong, believe me (or of course, don't). He may not be one of the programmers (and the patch may not be everything you want - hell, it might not achieve anything it sets out to achieve). But you're wrong. That's all I'll say.

I agree with @xPJRx

It’s all left a sour taste in my mouth. What I’ve definitely learned this year is never trust a word that comes out of anyone’s mouth at Konami or the people who represent them.

Next year I will wait for PES 2020 to release and read all of the feedback on Twitter, here and Reddit before I even think about buying it. And even then I will probably wait until December until it’s been patched and the DLC has been added [I still don’t know why they can’t release stuff like stadiums on day 1, why the wait every time? it’s weird.]

I don’t trust Konami, plain and simple. I dislike how they rush PES out early September these days. I preferred the old days when they released it late October. It feels rushed out these days.

I do think it’s taken a lot of balls, however, to release this huge patch and admit they f*cked up. Because they’ve never admitted their game was broken like this before.
Im the same. Lesson learned. I wont be buying Pes (or FIFA for that matter) on release day ever again.

Fifa is relatively straight forward. All I need is a bit of feedback on key points from the likes of you guys and I can make a purchase then.

But Pes20 - that I shall not touch till Xmas next year at least due to their Data Packs, or lack of thereof. By Xmas there's a chance for polished gameplay and full package for half (or less than half price)

First Pes i pre ordered, got on release day, and wont be doing that again.

Having said all that - I do believe credit is due for whoever is running official Pes and gathering feedback.

Its not them, who released unfinished game and they simply cannot go to twitter and say "sorry lads. Game is shite. Give us few months to sort it out"

I believe credit is due simply because they were able to gather, and whats more important - PRIORITISE fixes.
@xPJRx - you've seen their twitter page, pal. Its an absolute swamp of shite. People asking for spray cans, tattoos, boots, pants and what-fucking-not.
Yet they picked every single big issue out of that pile of shite and placed it on to do list.
I never would have thought that list of fixes will include all of them!
Whether they fix it or not is another question, but its surely a good start!

I do agree with you, that state of that game on release day was unnacceptable, but apart of refusing to buy it ever again, there is not much we can do. Either accept it and wait for fixes or dont buy.
And I dont mean you, I mean in general. Not like we have much of a choices here.

I agree with @xPJRx

The collaboration with Celtic and Rangers was agreed some weeks before the game releases so i guess they couldn't have the stadiums on day 1.It takes time to create these stadiums in so much quality and detail from scratch,it can't be done in a few days.It's weird though that the Monaco collaboration was announced even more after but from what it seems we'll have their stadium in the DLC but not Ibrox and Celtic Park,or maybe they haven't just announced it yet officially.Maybe they finished working only on one of the two stadiums but they don't want to release it because the other team's fans will complaint that they prefer the opponent team instead of theirs,so they're waiting to release both stadiums when they're ready.But yeah..i also thought that with this DLC we would have the two Scotish stadiums implemented but it seems that won't be the case probably.

I understand everyones caution, but im just going to get excited tbh

When do we ever get this sort of communication from Konami, relatively quick fixes... I know people will moan its 2 months, but honestly look at some of the AAA shit out there thats not fixed for months/years.

PES19 as it stands is a cracking base of a game, this patch if it fulfils its promises, will take it up to the 'oh man remember PES19 notch'... when we look back in years to come playing on our Playstation 10s in retirement homes.

I think I'm going to delete all my data and start anew when the patch + data pack hits. The Chinese and Thai league will probably overwrite some OF stuff so it's better to start from scratch. Hopefully Keita gets his face back from last year.
i will do the same! fresh start when the patch hits! a new OF will be installed after some testing with the patched version and datapack 2.0 included!

In my honest opinion the problems with PES are deeper than most people realise, or tend to admit. I predict that even if all those bullet points are fixed to a satisfactory level, most people will be bored with the game again after a couple of weeks. Without wanting to draw comparisons, I'm afraid that PES is like a retro game stuck in the past, the control mechanics haven't evolved since 2005. You can still defend by holding two buttons, there is no on-demand shielding, shooting is still too limited and R2 shots are horrendous. Physicality, collisions and 50/50 battles are too simplistic. The interface looking like it was created with Microsoft Access just compounds the issue. It's like the developers live in a Japanese bubble and refuse to learn from the strengths of Western games. It needs a major overhaul and if not a new engine entirely, certainly new systems and a fundamental change in thinking, but sadly I don't think they are willing or able.

You have valid points TheGoodOldDays.
But again we have to be realistic, reality says we have 2 soccer video games, pes or fifa. Even if pes is crap, it's countless times better than fifa.

I want to add something to the “old menus” point in general.
I want them new as well.
But what I found, coming back after some days, the tactics menu is great!
In the other game i go through a menu and set up stuff.
In PES, and this came clear to me when I was hammering the other one so much, it’s like a freaking tekken button combo! I just fly through the menus so fast and set it all up! That’s really nice and as I said, without comparison it might not hit the eye/get met that feeling in hands!
The menus LOOK dated, yes, but the tactics menu, easy peasy setup!
Just my opinion! ;)

edit: I must add. Both games have so many micro stuff (good and bad), I like em both for what they do best!
Maybe I am to old to moan about the bad stuff but at the same time keeping my quality claims still high! Yet, I remember the granddaddy’s in here... and it can’t be the age! :)

In my honest opinion the problems with PES are deeper than most people realise, or tend to admit. I predict that even if all those bullet points are fixed to a satisfactory level, most people will be bored with the game again after a couple of weeks. Without wanting to draw comparisons, I'm afraid that PES is like a retro game stuck in the past, the control mechanics haven't evolved since 2005. You can still defend by holding two buttons, there is no on-demand shielding, shooting is still too limited and R2 shots are horrendous. Physicality, collisions and 50/50 battles are too simplistic. The interface looking like it was created with Microsoft Access just compounds the issue. It's like the developers live in a Japanese bubble and refuse to learn from the strengths of Western games. It needs a major overhaul and if not a new engine entirely, certainly new systems and a fundamental change in thinking, but sadly I don't think they are willing or able.
I agree, sadly.

An old friend who I haven’t seen in years visited me yesterday and asked me if I still played football games [he hasn’t played games for about 10 years because of life]

I told him that I did and he asked if PES was still a thing. So I showed him PES 2019. He wasn’t impressed, he said that it played and looked like a game you used to play with “a joystick and two buttons”.

I kind of agree with him. PES 2019 is fun, but in short bursts. It lacks depth compared to the new games that are around today.

It’s actually quite astonishing that Konami allow a game, in 2018, to be released with those menus. Everytime I boot it up I still can’t get over how terrible the entire presentation is.

I’m glad they’re releasing a patch but I do still think the game is on it’s last legs. PES still has a handful of diehards that refuse to play anything else but the majority of players I know have either moved on to FIFA, Football Manager or simply don’t play football games at all anymore.

I’m falling into the latter category but that’s because I think we’re heading to PES just being a myClub game only available on mobile devices and FIFA being an Ultimate Team only mode on the next generation of consoles.

And that my friends, is when I say “I’m out”.

Not that it matters to me much, as I never go beyond Europe in ML, but where will all the Thai Teams play? San Siro? :LOL:
Now, when they have all the smaller leagues they really, really need a good amount of small stadiums... fake ones even. Just bash 10/15 small stadiums and it will add so much! Or give us stadium creator in Pes20!

Edit:
Sorry, I take it back. I googled Thai League Stadiums and they are better than what we have in Ireland... :LOL:

Last edited:
Given there's much evidence that they're paying less and less attention to the 1-player v cpu game, this list of AI updates gives at least a few crumbs of comfort.

- COM opponents will now display enhanced understanding of opposing player positions and will attack the goal more aggressively

- COM opponents will now display improved logic concerning shooting, enabling them to take advantage of a greater variety of situations and opportunities

I hope this applies to more that just the COM AI because your AI teammates are as bad as I can remember.

1. What the fuck with the chip shots?

It was never a thing.
It is absolutely fine like it is.

If you are unable to come out a bit with a keeper, and then stop, to trick opponent attempting a chip shot, then it is your fault.
As I see, only way to make chip shots "harder" is to make it unrealistic bad accuracy, or unrealistic good keepers.
Then you will brag how difficult is to score 1 on 1...

2. I have not read anything about DIFFERENT PLAYING STYLES for certain teams during ML, or in any mode against cpu.

No matter less low crosses or not, if you cant say the difference while playing against Stoke or Real Madrid in ML...

There is no player ID visible when AI plays, every team plays the same way. Same boring AI, just with less low crosses, or not.
That is what we gonna get from "patch".
Instead some diversity, and even signature playing styles for different teams, like it was in ISS 2 many years ago.

Simple don’t mean bad. Pes has simple control (2 or 3 bottons) but it depend how it works. If it’s work good and useful why they should change it? Because it’s old? Don’t agree. Sometimes simple stuff are the best.

Kudos to Konami re the game play changes tweet. This place is going to be interesting when the update drops. May even convince me to get the old wallet open! Time will tell.

2. I have not read anything about DIFFERENT PLAYING STYLES for certain teams during ML, or in any mode against cpu.

No matter less low crosses or not, if you cant say the difference while playing against Stoke or Real Madrid in ML...

There is no player ID visible when AI plays, every team plays the same way. Same boring AI, just with less low crosses, or not.
That is what we gonna get from "patch".
Instead some diversity, and even signature playing styles for different teams, like it was in ISS 2 many years ago.

They did state "more variation in the attacking style of COM opponents".

That could mean there'll be more variety between different teams, or it could simply mean all teams still play the same as each other but with one or two extra attacking moves they'll have to choose from.

They did state "more variation in the attacking style of COM opponents".

That could mean there'll be more variety between different teams, or it could simply mean all teams still play the same as each other but with one or two extra attacking moves they'll have to choose from.
Whatever it will be, will be better than what we have now. And if COM is going to be more direct and aggressive when attacking I presume skilfull players like Coutinho or Hazard will be able to show some of their moves. Same goes to shooting. If AI is looking for opportunities and openings to shoot - players with better shooting stats can shine.
So there is hope. I'll stay with my glass half full point of view.

Back
Top Bottom