PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Colour me rather impressed. At the very least they've acknowledged a large proportion of the AI issues and attempted to fix them, which isn't really the norm where Konami and PES is concerned. Let's keep our fingers crossed for next Thursday

Maybe the gameplay patch by inca did a part here too.
It was promoted on TTB´s youtube channel - a quite well visited one - among other sites.

Seeing that it can be done by the community and getting a lot of positive feedback on it, maybe it was a trigger as well.

Anyways...nice patch notes!

Perhaps that will make me play the PS4 version a lot more.

My setup on PC with modified graphics, modified cam, game speed slider, CL/EL scoreboards, gameplay patch etc. provides such a great football feeling which I hardly ever had.
Almost thought of selling my PS4 version, but online games are so much better on consoles.

The above version though, makes me enjoy my ML with Stoke City so much, like I haven´t had it in years.
Fatigue really shows it´s impact on the game and I had one tough match where two of my players had been fouled very often (total fouls in that match was around 8 by AI with one send off (two yellow cards)) and now they´re both injured for some time.
Only awkward thing was signing Yussuf Poulsen very easy. He wouldn´t change from RB Leipzig (1st Bundesliga) to Stoke (Skybet League).

I don't know if that comment was specifically aimed at you, mate.

Can we not let this turn into a row? Let's all look forward to this patch and see if it can realise its potential.

Sorry for my answer, but if he quotes me and he ends with that phrase, it feels directed at me too. If it isn't, then he should specify.

I have no interest as well in fighting over this stuff, mind you. I indeed can't wait to see if this patch will really sustain the hype.

Fixing the defenders when heading from a goal kick. I think thats the bug ai won all their high balls from goal kicks. This has always been in PES me thinks or if you did win a header it went to the ai anyway. Can't believe they'll fix it I just accepted it would always be the case. Shouldn't be so happy about a detailed list of changes but made my day

Somebody pinch me - Patch notes from Konami!!!

If those changes live up to the promise, then this may well be a fucking fantastic football game and i can finally enjoy the offline. Been playing online since launch as the offline was so tedious and frustrating.

I laughed at this though;

"Data Pack 2.0 will see the club’s Stade Louis II now available in both afternoon and night modes, meaning players can experience the 18,500-seat stadium in perfect detail both in daytime and under the floodlights."

Why does this even need stating? That should be a bloody certainty not some sort favour or privilage lol.

Fixing the defenders when heading from a goal kick. I think thats the bug ai won all their high balls from goal kicks. This has always been in PES me thinks or if you did win a header it went to the ai anyway. Can't believe they'll fix it I just accepted it would always be the case. Shouldn't be so happy about a detailed list of changes but made my day
Thats not an issue for me personally since I discovered and mastered super cancel. Now they cant win any headers. ;)

Thats not an issue for me personally since I discovered and mastered super cancel. Now they cant win any headers. ;)

I'm an avid super cancel user myself too but with PES2019 the CPU sometimes automatically plops in front of my defender. Even super cancel doesn't work against that. I'm glad they fixed it. No more 1.65m attackers that win against 1.90+m defenders.

Really good news.
But no AS Monaco stadium in this right?
Just gameplay fixes
I'll take it

"Data Pack 2.0 will see the club’s Stade Louis II now available in both afternoon and night modes, meaning players can experience the 18,500-seat stadium in perfect detail both in daytime and under the floodlights."

I'm an avid super cancel user myself too but with PES2019 the CPU sometimes automatically plops in front of my defender. Even super cancel doesn't work against that. I'm glad they fixed it. No more 1.65m attackers that win against 1.90+m defenders.
It is different than 18. You really have to go around the diffender otherwise you will get glued to his back. I have to start SuperCancel earlier and go around them wider. Then let it go and let the player go back to position himself. Its trickier than it was definetely.

I had more troubles defending corners this year as you cant see where the ball is going to land so you cant position yourself. COM was winning 9/10 headers from corners.
Until Spoony Pizzas told me to just stay on the line of 6 yard box. Since then im winning most.

Having said all that - headers needed gentle tweak. Especially manual headers were near to impossible.

Is Asim who's responding to tweets on officialpes account?
Perhaps it's the "We will send your feedback to the team" guy who's the true savior :LOL:

Some feedbacks was perhaps a little too much arsh to be re-tweeted (well, they need to keep the twitter account professionnal and credible), but it doesn't mean that those tweets wasn't taken seriously...

Then we will have the black benching! :JAY: People will always find something to abuse/exploit.

The best 11 players in the squad, not the 11 on the pitch. Even using a team of white ball players you get bumped to 3 star at least with a bench of black balls. And being that desperate to stay at lower levels with black ball players will mean compromising at least 3 or 4 positions with white ball players. Would make it a lot better. Just sick of using my 2 or 3 star teams and facing someone with a super star side because all of his bench is level 1 white ball players.

patch notes sounds promising but no mention of AI superstar player taking you on, thats what i need as well as the other things on that lis for me to buy the game, if it doesnt happen il wait for next years game.

The best 11 players in the squad, not the 11 on the pitch. Even using a team of white ball players you get bumped to 3 star at least with a bench of black balls. And being that desperate to stay at lower levels with black ball players will mean compromising at least 3 or 4 positions with white ball players. Would make it a lot better. Just sick of using my 2 or 3 star teams and facing someone with a super star side because all of his bench is level 1 white ball players.

I think it's a fair deal that these players won't have a decent player to change in later in the game. I often produce goals with fast wingers sent in in the last minutes.

No Celtic Park/Ibrox in this update?

Detailed patch notes is great to see from Konami and about damn time too.

I'm too far gone to return to it anytime soon, but I really do hope this sorts out the problems and lets the game actually play out to it's potential.

Well that's something new. Actual detailed changes instead of vague statements. Colour me intrigued. People will not be happy with the absence of ibrox and celtic Park though I reckon. Curious to see what the Stade de Louis will look like.

But of course the real litmus test will be the gameplay changes. I really enjoy the game but I can feel the staleness setting in already. Very much akin to pes 18. It's just too damn formulaic and predictable, too often. Luckily I'm on PC but still. Needs a proper look as that PES magic of old mostly came from the sheer unpredictable nature of matches and passages of play.

Here's hoping for next week!

Playing on -1 speed I find my players position better in defence, so ai makes more mistakes and my defenders intercept more ball. Ideally for me will be ai to make same mistakes if it was on 0 speed becouse -1 is really slow compared to previous pes games. I like the game on -1 speed also. Can`t wait for patch to drop becouse really on pitch pes is better game for me
i dont see any huuuge difference when playing the defense on -1. but i do appreciate the more time i have in offense to roll out my attack more thoughtfull. its not that hectic. i was playing a lot with 0 game speed this year. but as i played only -1 the last week... i started to see the benefits. i was playing 2018 on -1 all the way, btw.!
i posted that one scene from the Germany match against Netherlands. they played so slow around the back, over Neuer to Kroos, when he misplaced his short ground pass of about 5 meter (must have been PA0 ;) ); THAT speed i like. and yes, i get that its not everyones favorite to play around the back for 20 sec or more (real time) just to get the ball back into the opponents half. i like that. if getting out of a situation under pressure takes me 20 passes around the back (and nothing spectacular happens), SO BE IT!! thats football!
same time i get what other players might want. they dont want to play around the back for minutes... they want action!! we are lucky this year, that both games deliver somehow (you can do slow and fast play, even if fast play in the other game got nerfed a little (guess thats why i like it a lot this year))! just a little polish here and there... :D
the problem of sluggish animations on -1 is nearly gone, imo. not that its patched, but i like it. i can see the legs and all moving like in real life. no more unrealistic twitchy fidget legs... ;)
and when i put a real football match on for comparison needs (try picture in picture if your tv supports it), it looks good! :)
man, i want that AI fix (plus the unglued keeper bonus ;) ) asap!!! :D

Last edited:
It's on official twitter account

HOLY COW!!! they did prove me wrong!! THANKS!!! i am so happy right now!! GOOOOOSEBUMPS!!!!!! :D

if it really is coming that way! oh boy! they have learned! cant just put all my feelings in this post right now! i'm shocked! pleasently shocked!! its unreal!!! i mean, fox... ah... enlighten!!! ITS UNREAL!!!! :D

sorry for this cheap ass post! but i needed to get it out!! :)

HOLY COW!!! they did prove me wrong!! THANKS!!! i am so happy right now!! GOOOOOSEBUMPS!!!!!! :D

if it really is coming that way! oh boy! they have learned! cant just put all my feelings in this post right now! i'm shocked! pleasently shocked!! its unreal!!! i mean, fox... ah... enlighten!!! ITS UNREAL!!!! :D

Do you want cry too? :D

Hold your horses guys ;) Konami have a track record of not delivering on promises. I do admit this year feels different though. The detailed changes are an indication of that.

Haha, lovely mate! :D

Back
Top Bottom