PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having more success with marked headers when:
I press the "shoot button" when the ball is already about 3-4meters away from my player, and I release "shoot button" when ball is near my player's head(1-2m away). Not too early, not too late.

According to Hitman´s impressions (an mine) it seems to be absolutely irrevelant if you double press it or not in certain moments, it´s just important you do it damn early. Looking forward to some testing runs as soon i come back to my PS4.

I declare the "PES2019 Manual Header Research and Testing Laboratories" opened.

According to Hitman´s impressions (an mine) it seems to be absolutely irrevelant if you double press it or not in certain moments, it´s just important you do it damn early. Looking forward to some testing runs as soon i come back to my PS4.

That's what I mean, no need double tap.
Just one tap. Press and release(depending on the power you want)shoot,
when ball is near your player.

That's probably the demo time limit rather than anything else... That's my excuse...

It's less that, and more "look how great PES 2019 is in so many ways - yet it's potentially ruined by tiki-taka AI and PA1 laser-passing - then we make Konami's excuses for them - this is why the game barely moves forward year after year - look at the Master League for God's sake - when will we stop".

Absolutely agree with this statement Chris. We let Konami off the hook because year after year our (nostalgic) love of the franchise bails them out. I mean what have they worked on for a year? Some grass textures?

Its just not good enough for me. I never dreamed that in 2018 that footy games in general would be so poor. Fifa is good but you need to use sliders to condition it. res just isn't good enough.

Some things I really hope they tweak for release.

1. Defender's ability to head the ball from opposing goal kicks/high balls. Currently it gets locked on to the striker of any height/ heading ability too often. Van Dijk losing headers regularly Vs Messi with his back to goal..... wouldn't happen.

2. Defender's awareness/reactions in the box. Too many instances of comedy scrambles & dispossession in the area due to some slowdown with animations/button inputs. They need to address this without speeding the game up somehow.

3. Attacking headers. Yes they've been toned down (and rightly so) but to an almost useless state. Even unmarked, strikers cannot head the ball with any conviction or purpose very often rendering wing play almost redundant.

4. Attacking A.i- goes without saying, we all know this, needs more variety.

5. Keeper's must be more reactive.

No 2 boils my piss .this really needs fixing

Absolutely agree with this statement Chris. We let Konami off the hook because year after year our (nostalgic) love of the franchise bails them out. I mean what have they worked on for a year? Some grass textures?

Its just not good enough for me. I never dreamed that in 2018 that footy games in general would be so poor. Fifa is good but you need to use sliders to condition it. res just isn't good enough.
Agree with you both; we're our own worst enemies with it. We're conditioned to find reasons to excuse them.

:D
it seems that in 2019, all manual passes and shots and headers need a little more time to be unleashed! spoony had that in his review too. i feel it kinda... it takes all a little longer to execute, so i have to fill the power bar a tad earlier then i was used to in 2018. this might help.

:D
it seems that in 2019, all manual passes and shots and headers need a little more time to be unleashed! spoony had that in his review too. i feel it kinda... it takes all a little longer to execute, so i have to fill the power bar a tad earlier then i was used to in 2018. this might help.

Manual headers in PES2018 had issues as well. No problems with passing or other controls though, i would say it´s responsive enough.

got it.
just cant wait to go to the training ground finally... i need time, a setup and then i can try and test whatever and whenever and how long i want to...!!
these 5 min. matches don't gimme that time frame, situations and players to test it all out in detail!

Long time reader in the shadows, Long time PES fan although that was a long time ago! Thought it's finally time to sign up and give my thoughts on the demo even if a bit late. My History with PES is i have loved the series since ISS until PES 2008 and they have not made a good game since with 2017 prob being the best since PES 6. Fifa 18 is the only football game i have really enjoyed in a very very long time and the closest i feel to PES 6

First Impressions when i fired it up was...

WOW the animations are superb
Graphics are fantastic
Sound is dreadful
Gameplay is pretty good not great
Feels basic compared to Fifa
Plays more like PES 2008 than PES 6

After many many games possibly in the hundreds here's what i think now...

Okay the Good

Graphics - Fantastic
Presentation on the pitch - Blows Fifa out of the water, Celebrations are fantastic walk ons etc
You can score replicate real football at times way better than Fifa
The gameplan screen works great
Tactics have a huge effect unlike Fifa
High Through balls are magical at times especially when you have a good passer of the ball hitting them
Goal Keepers are generally really good especially when they pull off saves 3 in a row
Kicking the ball sound is great and prob the best its ever been in a game
Backheels reduced by alot
AI make plenty of tackles
Great freekick cam and freekicks are brilliant compared to games for the past 5 years

The Bad

Animations grate on me now and they feel and look clunky
Finesse shot still has that horrible animation not as much but still there
Dribbling is AWFUL, One good thing about PES has always been the dribbling now they have turned it into Fifa and it's now a passing game or you need to do stupid tricks to get by players
Shooting - Why can we not hit low hard shots unless using advanced shooting? It is so basic compared to Fifa's shooting
Keepers glued to the line
Where is drilled passing?
Too easy to counter attack
Catch up bug is still in, Stutter still in, Slow defenders catch fast attackers
PA1 feels okay but something feels off, PA2 is way to assisted if im pointing up to pass the ball that does not mean i want to pass to the player on the left.
The colour of the pitch - Grass is not that colour it's a deeper green much deeper especially at the Nou Camp
The atmosphere in the stadiums is woeful like embarrassingly bad
AI - Go down the wing, Put a low cross in which is clearly going to my defender, The defender leaves it out the blue and the AI magically gets it for a tap in on goal ALL THE TIME!
AI offer nothing below Top Player and cannot score. Superstar they cheat like hell
Where's the magic? Playing this game feels like a labourish chore, The fun factor seems to be at PES 2010 levels ie; not very fun to play
Stamina - Players are knackered after 35 mins i mean cmon Konami what is this crap? Players these days are conditioned to last 90 minutes. 35 mins in and my players are refusing to run at times. Mental. 2nd half they are knackered after 70 mins. The most unfit players in the universe.
Still cannot have full control over replays why can we not change the heigh of the cameras?
ONLINE - What the hell is going on here? It's so laggy and unresponsive and it keeps pairing me with Spanish players while im in the UK. Press pass and it happens 3 seconds later, Clear the ball and he refuses and lets it get took off him. Even when not playing the Spanish it's so unresponsive and miles away from EA's online game
ONLINE - Feels like half the game, Feels like the passing lanes have been cut by half it feels like a much simpler game than the offline game
ONLINE - Still forced to pick teams before searching for games. Search for games then let us pick teams so it's not Real Madrid or Barca we face every single game
ONLINE - Still unable to watch goals scored other player can skip them

Overall it's a decent football game but miles away from the magic games on PS2. If i had to score based on the demo it would be a 7.5 but that shoddy online part of the game brings it right down to a 6.5. The more i play it the more all the issues PES has had over the years reveal themselves which is a real shame.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, Good to see you too.
I haven't really been anywhere, still been about on Twitter, but as you know after Curdie the crybaby dished it out on WENB with his endless unwarranted abusive insults and aggressiveness, he just couldn't handle getting it back, so he had me banned!!! haha.
Poorest excuse for an adult ever that bloke.

Anyway, Think the PES 2019 demo is great, shame about the short match halves, and that the visible fatigue system appears to be nothing more than PR hype, but graphics are stunning (especially on a 4k HDR TV and PS4Pro), and game play is superb.

The most promising PES demo for a number of years, that was until today, until we heard about the removal of leagues, making ML nothing more than a bland non-dimensional League mode.

I honestly believe this is Konami's way of slowly eradicating the offline element of PES, and making it MyClub only, where microtxns matter. There is no DB issue, thats 100% fact, there is no space issue, EA manage to ship FIFA 19 with 67 stadiums and over 30 licensed leagues, on the same capacity disc that Konami use, there is no space issue.
Its either Complete idiocy of Konami, alienating countries, and fanbase, and shitting in the eyes of patch and OF makers, and failing to see the bigger picture, or its a way of funnelling everyone down the MyClub route, probably a smattering of both, either way it stinks.

And he always did great analysis of gameplay and overall stuff (not to the delight of some KONAMI employees and intellectuals like Curdstar appearently), i would be curious how he likes the PES2019 demo.

So many things overlapping each other. The tactical system needs tidying up/revamp. Its confusing for me at least

Nah, its very, very simple.

There are 4 basic playing styles in defence

Frontline Pressure Aggressive: Barr backline defence all players close down opposition to win ball back asap. (Pep's Man City/Jurgen Klopp Liverpool)

Frontline Pressure Conservative: Defence cuts passing lanes and midfield/forward players tackle from behind (Tite's Brazil)

All Out defence Aggressive: All players run back to their half when losing the ball and chase opposition team out of your half.

All Out defence Conservative: All players run back to their half when losing the ball and Defend deep with focus all on positioning and compress the space cutting off passing lanes.

The other values are simple adjustments to your philosophy, formation (vital) and how your opponent attacks. Defensive line plays a huge difference for frontline pressure, but far less of a difference for all out defence.

Just to be clear here. The Brazilian National Team, players faces, liknesses etc...are also absent from Fifa 19 as well. In the beta anyways. Konami have said on their website they are working diligently to resolve it and it may come later as DLC etc...as far as removal of leagues mentioned by xPJRx I have not seen or heard anything on this? Are you refering to the Champions League and Europa League? Or no Italian and Spanish D2 leagues, but there are still English D2 league and Ligue 2?

Absolute joke if these league's are gone. Konami slowly squeezing the offline players out of the equation.
I'm half tempted to cancel my pre order now, master league will be almost pointless without my two favourite starting divisions. Fuming.

Been playing on -1 lately and it's not bad once you get use to the slower passes. Feels like a more considered game on that setting.

Dribbling with mo salah is incredible , you can wrong foot defenders and breeze past..hopefully if he picks up an injury in ML or league mode you'll feel the affect of not having him on the field. Feels like you will.

the weight of the players is very evident especially in the 2nd half when they get tired

I've been noticing a lot of my goals late in the second half, defenders were much less aggressive in closing down. There were goals I scored where I walked past defenders in the box, they were watching and letting me through (not the pass, but the dribble). I'm not sure if it's buggy or if it's really dependent on stamina, need more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom