PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Mark my words.
I've been saying it long before this interview with Adam.
Next year will be memorable regarding everything surrounding the off-the-pitch features.
Totally agree.

Everything he's said lately has had ML mentioned somewhere, which is unusually specific, and he's a known fan of the mode (he doesn't play online). Given his new role, I'm almost certain ML will be given meaningful ML changes next year.

If it doesn't - and I say this with relative confidence given the situation - it means the developers will never listen (or be allowed to listen) to his input (at least when it comes to bigger design ideas, as opposed to general issues and bugs).

All that being said, I've got to say, I hope gameplay continues to be the priority. It feels like there's a bit of a split in the community at the minute - lots of people happy with 2018, lots who aren't. I'd rather see the gameplay be the focus.

At the end of my PES 2017 review, I said all that it needed was a bit of focus on modes like ML. Now, I wouldn't play a revamped ML it if the gameplay is the same as 2018's. But Adam says sales have improved, so. I'm pretty worried.

Mark my words.
I've been saying it long before this interview with Adam.
Next year will be memorable regarding everything surrounding the off-the-pitch features.

It will be a Fifa lite. Much more focus on the off-the-pitch features, mediocre gameplay but less complete package overall. I'm so excited.

They MUST nail the basics before trying to expand the game off the pitch. Yet it seems they are happy with the Pes 2018 gameplay. Well, i'm not. They could do so much more.

Ived changed to advanced shooting, its much better and the shoots are much more variaty than manual...

Mmmhhh yeah, I read about that a lot in here and I admire everyone that mastered it.

I just can´t get into it...I don´t get the controls at all....lol.
No matter how often I watch those tutorials.

Totally agree.

Everything he's said lately has had ML mentioned somewhere, which is unusually specific, and he's a known fan of the mode (he doesn't play online). Given his new role, I'm almost certain ML will be given meaningful ML changes next year.

If it doesn't - and I say this with relative confidence given the situation - it means the developers will never listen (or be allowed to listen) to his input (at least when it comes to bigger design ideas, as opposed to general issues and bugs).

All that being said, I've got to say, I hope gameplay continues to be the priority. It feels like there's a bit of a split in the community at the minute - lots of people happy with 2018, lots who aren't. I'd rather see the gameplay be the focus.
for me its simple, if ML isnt on par like career mode in fifa wont be a customer again till they do, i want to see different levels of scouts/physios/assistant managers/coaches etc as well as body posture/pressure making a difference when you pass/shoot, if they sort that out il gladly buy the game again

It will be a Fifa lite. Much more focus on the off-the-pitch features, mediocre gameplay but less complete package overall. I'm so excited.

They MUST nail the basics before trying to expand the game off the pitch. Yet it seems they are happy with the Pes 2018 gameplay. Well, i'm not. They could do so much more.

I envy your positivity...

At the end of my PES 2017 review, I said all that it needed was a bit of focus on modes like ML. Now, I wouldn't play a revamped ML it if the gameplay is the same as 2018's. But Adam says sales have improved, so. I'm pretty worried.

I'm torn because I would have coped with the gameplay this year if master league had seen some love, even though in my opinion the gameplay (especially AI) has regressed slightly since PES 2017. However now I've taken a break from the game, I think I need to see improvements in both areas before I can even consider buying the game again. There is still lots of room for gameplay improvements and I really hope they don't think they've suddenly nailed it

Mmmhhh yeah, I read about that a lot in here and I admire everyone that mastered it.

I just can´t get into it...I don´t get the controls at all....lol.
No matter how often I watch those tutorials.

its all about praxis, learn it by doing.

ive scored some goals that where not possible with full manual, and i play full manual since 2014

Honestly, for as much as I'd love to have a proper career in Pes (and believe me, I'd really love it THAT much), gameplay should always come first. There are major problems to address on the field before caring about the off pitch.. not that the two things couldn't be done at the same time, but we are talking Konami here so we know it's always a major gain there, lose somewhere else kind of deal.. and if gameplay is so top notch right now for them that they are willing to work on other stuff.. I'd be scared, yes.

The thing is that Bhatti most of the time is talking shit and this is his job so we can't take for seriously anything he says..
He was saying ''complete overhaul of animation system''(here we laugh...)and the only thing they did was adding some mini steps when the player is dribbling..Players are still sliding all over the place and the foot plant system is bad,shooting still feels very basic and many other issues..Maybe he knows that they will lose the CL and EL licenses and he's trying to make the pill sweeter and adding some glittery here and there in off the pitch elements..This is also good but i agree that gameplay must be always number one priority..I really wish that i'm wrong and they will leave us with our mouths open with the gameplay they'll produce for pes19 but i doubt it..One big reason is that most people prefer shitty arcade elements to be in the game..Every year the same..They release something good enough but you just know that it could of been so much better..

Has ML ever been good in PES though, really? I always felt like even in its best years, you always needed to use your imagination and look past a lot of oddities. I just want them to fix the worst issues like teams decimating their squads, selling the best players and not making replacements.

For me the on-pitch action can make up for the off-pitch stuff to an extent, but the other way around is never true. Without the football itself being enjoyable I don't care what the rest of it is like.

Haven't played FIFA 17 and 18. But before that, i didn't like the carreer mode.
People will say i'm a FIFA hater (i'm not at all), but i didn't like their carreer mode.

I want something very basic. League mode with transfer and lots of customisation possibilities. I don't want unhappy players or thing like that...imo this never really works...feels unnatural (Football Manager).

What do i expect: features like form curve for teams (a team that has lost 4 matches in a row is easier to beat) or players (my CF scored an hattrick and is also on fire the next matches). That you can spend more money playing with City than with Spurs and more with Spurs than with Huddersfield.

And then something very difficult (apparently). I don't want to see Leroy Sane transfer from City to Nac Breda or Anderlecht. In fact i want to be able to customize the transfer frequency (personally i don't want any transfer at all for other clubs or very, very few).

But i also want some kind of scenario mode worked into ML: you take over after 10 match days and you are Everton's new manager whenb they are in the relegation zone (and perhaps are in the middel of an injury crisis).

That would be great and not much more than that...

I agree with you, keep it simple.I don't want to be in control of things like expanding the stadium (which managers even have a say in that IRL) I just want the basics to work properly. In fact even if you did want it to be feature rich such as stadium expansion, hiring coaches etc I think everyone would agree that first things first they need to perfect the basics, get the transfer, loans and contact systems working flawlessly, with on/off and frequency options that can be toggled before the ML starts. Next up should be youth and player development with yet again more options and toggles (such as player development curve aggressiveness). Start from scratch, make the basics work and give us options, then introduce new (realistic) things every year with the option on how we want to use them.

If I ever see the FIFA gimmick contact negotiation crap I'm out!!

Well I guess each of us have his own opinion on what make a good career. For example, you guys don't care about the player's mood out of field, but if anything I find it stupid beyond repair that I can buy let's say Luis Suarez in Juventus, have him sit on the bench for all the league and him being completely fine with it. Some kind of reaction, of player overall personality to me is highly needed to make it all plausible.

I always play ML on Top player and i have the shoot type in advanced and trough ball in basic.
I used to have pass assistance to 0 but i found it hard to play decently in 9/10 cases,
so from yesterday i changed to PA 1.
When controlling teams like Bayern or Man City i achieve pass accuracy percentages of 85%-88% on each game, which is reasonable compared to reality
(Check this).
I am also considering to change difficulty to superstar so as to have higher competition.
I think that PA1 should be little bit less assisted.
I also think that PA affects the whole game's difficulty.

Well I guess each of us have his own opinion on what make a good career. For example, you guys don't care about the player's mood out of field, but if anything I find it stupid beyond repair that I can buy let's say Luis Suarez in Juventus, have him sit on the bench for all the league and him being completely fine with it. Some kind of reaction, of player overall personality to me is highly needed to make it all plausible.

Exacly. That's why PES or FIFA need to have tons of customization possibilities.
That's why we need Sliders. That's why we need to be able to turn ON OR OFF "Player Emotions" (or whatever it's called) and Form and all that kind of accessory stuff. Not just in Exhibition Matches, but in every single game mode. I'd rather have to spend 20 minutes going through different options that will make my experience a very pleasant one.

its all about praxis, learn it by doing.

ive scored some goals that where not possible with full manual, and i play full manual since 2014

I Always try to learn adv shooting but just can't get it to feel right.

Can you give an example of goals scored with adv shooting that u can't with manual? I want to get into it! :)

full manual shooting - you can set direction and power - thats it every shot is the same.

Advanced - you can set where you want so shot on goal and power

iv you choose top left corner and just pick quarter or half the power you can do nice curved shoots.

the variaty of the shots is a lot more than just power + direction.

R2 curlers are so nice in advanced.

and the most important thing, advanced is much more directly than full manual, its nearly impossible to make headers in the goal with FM but advanced has a nice balance.

I Always try to learn adv shooting but just can't get it to feel right.

Can you give an example of goals scored with adv shooting that u can't with manual? I want to get into it! :)
My suggestion is to just go into free training and play around with it, when you figure out how it works then you can experiment with different types of shots and see goals that you don't on other controls.

Low power R2 shots;
https://gfycat.com/ChiefTemptingBaboon
https://gfycat.com/PersonalFalseAnkolewatusi

And this powerful low shot;

Those low shots are pretty overpowered though... Maximum power and pull stick diagonally away from goal.

Nice, Will try again then.

Just hope the Fuma people won't blacklist me in online divisions again:D Last time I got messages saying just noobs use anything but manual, lol.

Take everything Adam Bhatti says with a large pinch of salt.

He's paid to ensure people keep going back to PES. I don't trust him at all.

As he is no longer on the scene in UK & superseded in current role by another,repetitive posts like that have diminishing relevance.

That doesn't mean he won't hype the game anymore. Look at his latest tweets already promising big changes, because "he has a plan". He is a Pes hype man regardless of his role in KONAMI. If anything now that he is closer to Pes team he is even more hyping the game.

That doesn't mean he won't hype the game anymore. Look at his latest tweets already promising big changes, because "he has a plan". He is a Pes hype man regardless of his role in KONAMI. If anything now that he is closer to Pes team he is even more hyping the game.

Its his paid role to hype it,however repetitive personal attack posts serve no purpose at all.
Just plain simple barking at the moon.
People need to be more constructive & positive.
For me the positives outweigh the negatives.

Its his paid role to hype it,however repetitive personal attack posts serve no purpose at all.
Just plain simple barking at the moon.
People need to be more constructive & positive.
For me the positives outweigh the negatives.

I don't think @guru83 attacked Bhatti, he just said his opinion about him. I also think it's a good advice to take everything Bhatti says with a large pinch of salt.

I guess most people here have professional lives?
Imagine you work for a company and a journalist asks you about a new version of a product that your company sells.

What would you answer?

Imagine this:

"Well my friend, i'm well aware that our product last year had lots of flaws, this year we are working on those flaws, but to be honest i don't think we will succede in making a much better product. People who didn't liked last years product, should certainly not buy the new one because, honestly it really sucks."

What would your boss say? Not much, i think...just 3 letters: OUT

What do you expect of Adam Bhatti?

Wake up...

And me personally, i think Bhatti has been a blessing for PES. He deserves some credit and people should understand the fact that he's hyping the game. It's his bloody job.

Sorry for this rant, but as the resident fanboy i felt obliged.

Imagine you work for a company and a journalist asks you about a new version of a product that your company sells.

What would you answer?

Imagine this:

"Well my friend, i'm well aware that our product last year had lots of flaws, this year we are working on those flaws, but to be honest i don't think we will succede in making a much better product. People who didn't liked last years product, should certainly not buy the new one because, honestly it really sucks."

Wake up...

And me personally, i think Bhatti has been a blessing for PES. He deserves some credit and people should understand the fact that he's hyping the game. It's his bloody job.

What would you answer?

Imagine this:

Wake up...

Man it's one thing to hype the game because that's your job and i understand this,but it's another thing to say things that aren't true.How can you say that you ''completely redone animation system from scratch'' and then we see still in game the same bad foot planting system and basic shooting?If you say something big as this you have to be sure that it's true because people will see it and play it eventually..If what he said was true we would see completely different shooting,passing,dribbling etc animations,no players sliding on turf,less arcady movement in general.
Now it feels improved from pes17 but in any case you wouldn't say that it's a ''completely redone animation system from scratch''...There's no point in overhyping the game like that cuz people just won't take you seriously next time you say something..Unless you just want to lie and make money no matter what...
Having said that i still like the game and play it and i think it's better and more realistic gameplaywise than Fifa.

Back
Top Bottom