PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

its mostly placebo tho if not all. the json values are the same since like PES2014 and personaly whatever i changed to an extreme value never changed anything ingame
It's definately not placebo man.I tried it and you can feel the difference,not extreme changes but still noticeable.Game feels more free and loose in general and not so restricted,like everything could happen.Players feel a bit more heavier which i like.When you're defending a corner for example and you control your player and start accelerating you can see he's making some mini steps first,without the patch he's just sliding.In general it feels more natural and it's very good.
Also this same guy released many different gameplay versions for pes17 as well.Some were more slow,sim,others more fast,arcady and different variations.If it was placebo they would feel the same but this is not the case.There's surely some change.

I wonder if you have how to transfer my time (MyClub) from PES 2018 lite to full PES 2018? Because I started playing in the free version and now I bought the complete one.
If you use the same Steam account for both games, you should automatically have access to your LITE MyClub team in the full version.

It took me an evening of watching some youtube movies of Cruyff talking about football to open my eyes, but i am in love with this game again.

After hearing Cruyff saying you should preferably not build up play with your backs/wingers but instead with your central players*, i realized this was exactly what i was doing way too often in PES. By doing so i limited my own options, making my game very predictable, easy to read and consequently setting myself up for a, mostly, dull game.

I needed to relearn. Shake of my old risk averse habits that where obviously not paying off. I started passing the ball as much as possible to central players during build-up, sometimes using R2 for close control and getting to grips with shielding. It sounds so simple and obvious but it made a world of difference.

You must know, when playing single player i only play Champions League with PSV Eindhoven on Top-player, full manual and advanced shooting. Before, i mostly lost or got a draw and scored on average 1 goal per 4 or 5 matches (yes, thats right). After changing my ways i am now winning matches and scoring maybe 0.75 goal per match on average.

Best thing, i feel like i am making progress again, actually getting better at the game. For years i have felt like my way of playing (beauty and realism over ping-pong-shoot) had reached its limits, thinking this game was just not made to reward this type of play. Now i realize I've just been doing it all wrong.

Sorry Konami, sorry Cruyff, i have failed you. From now on i will play by his teachings, trusting the code will reward me. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a function called EnUnMomentoDado somewhere in there.

*See also page 118 "Build up Play": https://books.google.nl/books?id=vDhLDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA72&lpg=PA72&dq=cruyff+build-up+play&source=bl&ots=OFEqldkJ_f&sig=k3Y8h5hLRA5JRPqM_SGRrUeWZ14&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_wtfS-IHYAhUO2qQKHaySDjYQ6AEIMDAB#v=onepage&q=build-up play&f=false

It took me an evening of watching some youtube movies of Cruyff talking about football to open my eyes, but i am in love with this game again.

After hearing Cruyff saying you should preferably not build up play with your backs/wingers but instead with your central players*, i realized this was exactly what i was doing way too often in PES. By doing so i limited my own options, making my game very predictable, easy to read and consequently setting myself up for a, mostly, dull game.

I needed to relearn. Shake of my old risk averse habits that where obviously not paying off. I started passing the ball as much as possible to central players during build-up, sometimes using R2 for close control and getting to grips with shielding. It sounds so simple and obvious but it made a world of difference.

You must know, when playing single player i only play Champions League with PSV Eindhoven on Top-player, full manual and advanced shooting. Before, i mostly lost or got a draw and scored on average 1 goal per 4 or 5 matches (yes, thats right). After changing my ways i am now winning matches and scoring maybe 0.75 goal per match on average.

Best thing, i feel like i am making progress again, actually getting better at the game. For years i have felt like my way of playing (beauty and realism over ping-pong-shoot) had reached its limits, thinking this game was just not made to reward this type of play. Now i realize I've just been doing it all wrong.

Sorry Konami, sorry Cruyff, i have failed you. From now on i will play by his teachings, trusting the code will reward me. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a function called EnUnMomentoDado somewhere in there.

*See also page 118 "Build up Play": https://books.google.nl/books?id=vDhLDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA72&lpg=PA72&dq=cruyff+build-up+play&source=bl&ots=OFEqldkJ_f&sig=k3Y8h5hLRA5JRPqM_SGRrUeWZ14&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_wtfS-IHYAhUO2qQKHaySDjYQ6AEIMDAB#v=onepage&q=build-up play&f=false

Can you elaborate further on your point, with videos maybe ?

I need help with finishing inside the 6 yard box (with manual shooting).

How do I hit top corner near post in this case? Or can anyone suggest (in detail) what I should have done differently? I have far too many 6 yard box open chances that I end up shooting at the face of the keeper

Last edited:
Just recorded a podcast with B-Man guy is a legend talking all things Pes and where the guys go from his own Podcast. Will edit and put up on thursday it’s a good one. I’ll post links on here. Thanks for the support guys Chris

I need help with finishing inside the 6 yard box (with manual shooting).

How do I hit top corner near post in this case? Or can anyone suggest (in detail) what I should have done differently? I have far too many 6 yard box open chances that I end up shooting at the face of the keeper

I have the same problem with manual shooting.
Very often I hit the keeper...

This is from this article

http://www.gamesradar.com/we-want-t...ow-his-move-to-japan-will-transform-pes-2019/

There it is. The real aim is to make Pes accessible to everyone, even to non Pes players. This is definitely not good news.
Yes, a lot! We want to create a game that always puts the fans first, while at the same time giving non-PES players a way into the series.
There it is. The real aim, is to put PES fans first. This is definitely good news.

Funny how putting half a quote in bold whilst ignoring the other half completely changes the context.

There it is. The real aim, is to put PES fans first. This is definitely good news.

Funny how putting half a quote in bold whilst ignoring the other half completely changes the context.

I quoted the entire sentence but put that part in bold because to me it's quite obvious it's the real aim. They are not developing Pes for real Pes fans, but to make it accessible to everyone. You can see it by playing recent Pes games.

If he had said "we want to create a game that puts fans first, one that hopefully will manage to convince even non Pes fans" it would have been much more positive.

Put in the way written in that article it just means "we are developing Pes to be accessible to everyone, Pes fans and non Pes fans". That is definitely not good. A game that is developed for non Pes fans cannot be a real Pes because non Pes fans don't like the Pes vision.

Pes is degenerating into a game that is for everyone, but in the end makes nobody really happy.

They should be brave and follow their own vision. Fans will follow if the game is great.

Last edited:
There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced. It's an extremely exciting time.

Does this mean they lost the Uefa Champions League license?

There it is. The real aim is to make Pes accessible to everyone, even to non Pes players. This is definitely not good news.
For me what he said is a meaningless non-quote, it doesn't mean anything other than "we like money" (that's not a criticism, that's the reality and that's fine).

"We want fans and non-fans to buy the game" - of course you do. He might as well say "we want people to buy a copy of the game for every platform they own - and even the ones they don't, why not collect them all and build a fort out of them".

It's meaningless. Sure, it'd have been great if he'd said "we want to make the fans happy". But what would that have meant? Which fans? I'm a fan, but 2018 is way too ping-pongy for me personally. Is he talking to me (wanting more from the gameplay) or the guys he claims are putting more hours into MyClub than ever before (who are happy and want more of the same, crucial difference)?

I wouldn't panic just yet. Although:

Does this mean they lost the Uefa Champions League license?
In normal circumstances I'd think his quote here could be referring to the lack of Master League content, but he makes it sound like he wants there to be more of a development focus on ML elsewhere in the interview. So I'm struggling to think of what else that might be referring to (less licensed leagues, maybe).

Last edited:
Making Pes more accessible "Not only in how the game plays".. honestly I'm kinda more scared by this..

You are right, i am scared because the latest games already showed us they are trying to make it more accessible.

You know, the continous attack, attack attack mentality, the iper assisted passing support, the diminishing importance of stats...

Never good when every trinkle of information is over-analysed. I read the same article, to be honest imo it was a rather useless interview...no real info there...don't go second guessing for possible revelations.

At the beginning of the interview the 'journalist' himself admits that he doesn't expect much news from the interview...

Good news becuse Bhatti and KONAMI knew that they need invest more money into Pes 2019 and make BIG and much better PACKAGE. Pes need PACKAGE with 100% more better presentation and football match atmosphere.

Exactly!
I expect PES 2019 to have an awesome ML and a real broadcast feeling when playing.

The PACKAGE thing better not be some microtransaction model they're going to introduce in 19, and shift focus on myclub only whilst forgetting/dumping the old pes which was all about good gameplay, ML, edit mode, other modes and modding.
18 was/is a step forward, so i hope they continue that way into 19, rather than making 5 steps back.

250px-Lip_Service_Title_Card.jpg

It would be great if they focus on physicality next time. Flexibility of animations will change things for the game. Standing/Sliding tackle variations, realisic shoulder to shoulder body contact, the ability of pushing/shoving/pulling players needs to be a thing, its something I been wanting for many years. Not fully contextual. First touch should be a stat by now, in fact they should add 5 or 10 more stats to give that individuality, that PES has been known for in old games. If otherwise, everything is just empty hype and promises. Adam says bold things, well yo I'm still waiting for those "Huge changes".

It would be great if they focus on physicality next time. Flexibility of animations will change things for the game. Standing/Sliding tackle variations, realisic shoulder to shoulder body contact, the ability of pushing/shoving/pulling players needs to be a thing, its something I been wanting for many years. Not fully contextual. First touch should be a stat by now, in fact they should add 5 or 10 more stats to give that individuality, that PES has been known for in old games. If otherwise, everything is just empty hype and promises. Adam says bold things, well yo I'm still waiting for those "Huge changes".

MASS system had glimpses of hope:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...discussion-thread.76425/page-404#post-3207329

Back
Top Bottom