PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Just revisited this after a few weeks..borrowed it off my mate ..1.03 patch 7 games 2 fouls but the most laughable part was an international cup game against Mali I was Argentina..on professional mode I counted no less than 15 back heels in the first half ..and they were all perfect to feet and then another pass from that pinged to the next player..shocking arcade fest

Just revisited this after a few weeks..borrowed it off my mate ..1.03 patch 7 games 2 fouls but the most laughable part was an international cup game against Mali I was Argentina..on professional mode I counted no less than 15 back heels in the first half ..and they were all perfect to feet and then another pass from that pinged to the next player..shocking arcade fest
PES has been that way for years, if I'm honest. PES 2018 takes the cake though.

I was worried about the backheels after the demo and seeing stuff on here. Playing on level 1 assist myself, but I don't charge down the AI much - just try and block off passing lanes mainly. It could be the more you pressure them, the quicker they try and move the ball on? Otherwise, their passing looks normal 95% of the time to me.

Does anyone have any advice how to stop powerful strikers like Lukaku and Benteke? People using them online are bugging me, I can't get to them! :)

Does anyone have any advice how to stop powerful strikers like Lukaku and Benteke? People using them online are bugging me, I can't get to them! :)

Usually I'd imagine you'd rather play a high d line against them coz at least you won't be dealing with them in your box with all the advantage they'll gain from their body strength, those guys are built to bully you in the box.

If for whatever reason you must play deep line, then maybe use adv tactics tight marking on him. Or just place your strongest CB or DM and man mark him individually (I don't know if he'll drag you out of position). It's Lukaku, I don't know if you'll find a CB that has enough strength to push back.

But then I also just lost a goal today like that in my league game, I had my CB on the ball, high d-line. Lukaku just came running at me from behind, i tried to body block him, but he just straight up shoved my CB aside lol. He ran all the way to goal, shot it hard, someone else finished teh rebound.

But yeah, high d line is better. Just don't be over confident when he comes running at you. Just clear the ball out to the sideline and regroup. Live and learn.

Usually I'd imagine you'd rather play a high d line against them coz at least you won't be dealing with them in your box with all the advantage they'll gain from their body strength, those guys are built to bully you in the box.

If for whatever reason you must play deep line, then maybe use adv tactics tight marking on him. Or just place your strongest CB or DM and man mark him individually (I don't know if he'll drag you out of position). It's Lukaku, I don't know if you'll find a CB that has enough strength to push back.

But then I also just lost a goal today like that in my league game, I had my CB on the ball, high d-line. Lukaku just came running at me from behind, i tried to body block him, but he just straight up shoved my CB aside lol. He ran all the way to goal, shot it hard, someone else finished teh rebound.

But yeah, high d line is better. Just don't be over confident when he comes running at you. Just clear the ball out to the sideline and regroup. Live and learn.

Good advice! Actually I often use deep d-line regarding opponents since I tend to get caught with the through ball but as you say, against strong attackers it might be good to stop them higher up the pitch. Cheers!

I was worried about the backheels after the demo and seeing stuff on here. Playing on level 1 assist myself, but I don't charge down the AI much - just try and block off passing lanes mainly. It could be the more you pressure them, the quicker they try and move the ball on? Otherwise, their passing looks normal 95% of the time to me.
the quantity is a massive issue for me but the accuracy a bigger issue ..these are average players pinging back heels without looking perfectly. The match I had would of still been daft had it been barcelona..just seen today on hotukdeals tesco have this for 15 quid already..only been out 3 months..i fear for the series certainly for a single player perspective

Don't worry, Pes will still be around. They found their source of money and that is Myclub.

EA cares about single player gamers more than Konami. Just few years it would have been shocking to say so, but here it is. Not that EA has done anything extraordinary, but they at least tried to improve, while Konami managed to make it more and more frustrating and dull year after year.

Am new here but not to pes. Played since ps1 days. I must admit after liking the demo I am finding the game and masterleague specifically, highly frustrating/ borderline unplayable.
All the teams play the ball out from the back to a ridiculous extent. So you have an attack and hit a post, the cpu centre back calmly strokes the ball across the 6 yard box to the right back who then back heels it to a midfielder. Totally destroys any immersion. Who does that , especially in the English championship.
Biggest issue I have is the handicapping. If I blow all my transfer budget on a super quick explosive winger I don’t want the lumbering championship level centre back to beat him in a straight sprint to a loose ball, it makes the stats largely pointless.
Momentum is huge, I seem to have great difficulty keeping a lead. Often I score and then the cpu score straight from kick off without me getting new a pass . It happens in real football but not with much frequency, here it is very often and unlike any other instalment of pes I have actually rage quit games in master league and reloaded, only for a similar thing to happen!

I am back for another go as the nucleus of a good game is there but I am dropping down to top player from superstar as the latter is just far too frustrating and it feels like a lot of games you just aren’t supposed to win! Might be paranoid but the cpu almost seems to be cheating.

Biggest issue I have is the handicapping. If I blow all my transfer budget on a super quick explosive winger I don’t want the lumbering championship level centre back to beat him in a straight sprint to a loose ball, it makes the stats largely pointless.
Momentum is huge, I seem to have great difficulty keeping a lead. Often I score and then the cpu score straight from kick off without me getting new a pass . It happens in real football but not with much frequency, here it is very often and unlike any other instalment of pes I have actually rage quit games in master league and reloaded, only for a similar thing to happen!

I am back for another go as the nucleus of a good game is there but I am dropping down to top player from superstar as the latter is just far too frustrating and it feels like a lot of games you just aren’t supposed to win! Might be paranoid but the cpu almost seems to be cheating.

I play at Top Player and the AI handicapping/cheating in Master League is beyond ridiculous now. There are games where I simply cannot win (usually against low ranked teams). If I do take the lead the AI suddenly goes into a god like mode and ping pong their way through my team no matter what formation or tactics I am using. I know that AI cheating has always been there but in this iteration it is so blatant in Master League. I am a seasoned PES player and this version of the game has really frustrated me more than any other.

I was once talked to game developer at Codemasters and he told me that there is AI cheating in all games but he said that the good developers are the ones that manage to hide it so that the user doesn't recognise it when it happens. Konami have failed in that regard this year.

I still play PES but for the first time I haven't really made much progress in Master League as it is just so frustrating.

Man I seriously need Pes to come back to a truly semi assisted passing system, possibly heavily based on stats (as it should be in a simulation as a whole).. I'm in a mood in which I find even PA1 too shallow and easy, and full manual deep enough but frustrating to play even with good passers (yes, I know by reading you guys that this isn't even a very difficult FUMA compared with the past, but fact is, I've never played it before as conceptually I don't like it). I'll stick with FUMA for now but just because at least it's making it difficult to play ping pong and most of all, it is allowing for more freedom and a bit less of binaries.

Basic shooting is very good tho. Not perfect, but I'd argue is the best since Pes 2011, a lot of variety compared with the last editions. I've still to try out advanced, maybe I'll save it for the next months.

I play at Top Player and the AI handicapping/cheating in Master League is beyond ridiculous now. There are games where I simply cannot win (usually against low ranked teams). If I do take the lead the AI suddenly goes into a god like mode and ping pong their way through my team no matter what formation or tactics I am using. I know that AI cheating has always been there but in this iteration it is so blatant in Master League. I am a seasoned PES player and this version of the game has really frustrated me more than any other.

I was once talked to game developer at Codemasters and he told me that there is AI cheating in all games but he said that the good developers are the ones that manage to hide it so that the user doesn't recognise it when it happens. Konami have failed in that regard this year.

I still play PES but for the first time I haven't really made much progress in Master League as it is just so frustrating.

Yes totally agree and this is pretty much my experience. I have recently dropped down again to professional level (2017 and most previous version I could be competitive in master league at superstar). It’s more bearable at the lower skill level and the handicapping is a lot less obvious.
I am actually enjoying pes 2018 for the first time now but there are still serious flaws.
Just played Birmingham, I was hammering them but they scored two lucky goals where my defence melted away as peter crouch strode through. Then I remembered it was a cup game and of course the famous momentum. I got it back to 3-2 with a minute to go and of course crouch dribbled throng my defence and equalised with that lightening pace of his.
Makes you want to quit but I will persevere. The momentum / cheating is dreadful though.
The ping pong and score a goal is just dreadful though. Especially when you watch stoke or someone backheel the hall right through your midfield. It just doesn’t happen!
I am persevering but it’s hard work.

Just received an Xbox One S. I'm playing PES2018 on trial now. If i recall correctly, there is no option file/patch for Xbox One right?

Lie

I have a weird issue.
My PS4 brooke down. I bought a new PS4 Pro.
I wanted to use the option file i used on the old PS4 (kits, team names, etc) and i used the same USB stick (Konami's).
The PS4 Pro could not read the USB stick. That is weird since the old PS4 had no trouble reading it.

Anybody have an idea what i could do?

Back
Top Bottom