PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

You can get things like this happen on basic;
https://streamable.com/akp38
For me, that = console turned off, disc back in box, put straight on eBay and never played again.

What's the point in being given a controller if your input doesn't really matter? How do you play the game again after that happens to you? That's outrageous.

I wouldn't say it's scripting, it's just badly implemented assistance. It aims too close to the corners, maybe even at the post, and as a result you end up putting even easy chances wide or having ridiculous stuff happen like in that video.

Classics like PES5/6, WE9LE etc had the same sort of "basic" shooting mechanics where you only aimed left, right or centrally but the shooting was infinitely more varied and satisfying, more influence of player stats, and quite skill based with the timing. I played a bit of PES6 online again over the weekend and it was great to see shots flying way over the bar or even going out for a throw... In 2018 most shots are bullet straight rockets that go pretty close to the target even when they miss, but seem to miss for no reason.

That said, screw Adriano from PES6, absolutely gamebreaking... And the refs were just as bad as 2018 for not giving fouls, you could slide all over the place making opponents stumble and lose the ball and not even give away free kicks.

Agree with the miss for no reason incidents very confusing also some things I have noticed on superstar during my ML im currently 6th in serie B im mighty at home but away im struggling to get results i was winning too easy on top player but superstar is an evil experience sometimes enjoyable sometimes rage inducing.. anyway

AI is extremely agile and responsive compared to your players regardless of stats plus they recover in defence like terminators

You will suffer delay when clearing loose balls inside your box I have conceded a lot this way pressing to hoof it but my player doesn't respond to a ball 3cm away then AI will steal it and score so frustrating

Scoring from crosses works great but trying to score from build up play is extremely hard as the AI is so responsive and strong even with 68 rated cbs they feel like facing a brick wall you can work the ball but the longer you do that the more compact they get and camp deep quick counters are much more effective

If you score expect the CPU to score straight often by making you powerless to stop it

Some teams will gegenpress for 90min with little stamina loss

AI build up variation is poor but they can score some stunners sometimes in pes 2017 it wasnt as ruthless and often repetitive looking when finishing but the build up variation was more on the fly i miss that

This games full of so much potential but feels like it needs another 6 month development its like they stuck in cheap fixes to mask badly coded or unfinished AI

That missed sitter for me is down to scripting. Some matches, your players simply don't do what the controller tells them to do and that in both defense and attack.

In those matches i can almost predict when a goal is going to be scored against me, no matter what you do, the attack continues...that is infuriating.

I´m done with myclub!
This mode puts me off, makes me mad, makes me wanna punch someone, even though I´m such a peaceful person.

I used to say: playing full manual against assisted users is kind of cool.
But it´s not!!

So many people have stars in their teams...they just need to make a shot from the second row...BAM.

I really miss 2011´s first MLO....it was so hard to get those superstars.

Came back to my ML.

Since the patch....I don´t know...even I haven´t started a fresh one...the game feels a bit different...but better different.
Some matches are kind of strange and feel scripted but all in all it´s fun to play the league.

Full manual ain’t hard since the patch, very easy to pass around now

True, I don´t have problems with passing.
But with shooting.
It´s not a problem for me to aim at the goal but I seem to aim at the keeper always.
At least I mostly hit him, so he doesn´t have a problem to save.

To aim in a corner from a wider range is damn hard on manual.

But when you score, it feels very rewarding.

I agree that manual know feels "easier" but no way near as assisted than PA1. I still enjoy Online Divisions with manual passing a lot, and my impression is that more and more people seems to be online using manual settings, nice to see! :)

I agree that manual know feels "easier" but no way near as assisted than PA1. I still enjoy Online Divisions with manual passing a lot, and my impression is that more and more people seems to be online using manual settings, nice to see! :)

I don´t know whether it matters, but on what platform are you playing?

I´m on PS4 and tried to find manual users, but couldn´t find anyone.
Maybe I wasn´t patient enough....or wait....do u mean regular online divisions or myclub?

I don´t know whether it matters, but on what platform are you playing?

I´m on PS4 and tried to find manual users, but couldn´t find anyone.
Maybe I wasn´t patient enough....or wait....do u mean regular online divisions or myclub?

I'm on PS4 as well. I only play Online Divisions and I set my matchmaking to "similar settings" (then I only get others with manual passing, shooting isn't locked to that though) and lvl 2 for the connection. Depending on the time of day I can find matches quite easy. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays around 19 in the evening and forward is for obvious reasons the best times to find people but evenings in the weeks are quite good too. Daytime in the weeks is almost impossible though, the weekends a little better.

Sure, sometimes I get to wait up to 5-7 minutes to find a match and I know that is too much for many people. But for the most times it's a couple of minutes.

I haven't touched MyClub.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/torres.gif

Someone wind the game up, call the receivers in, put it in a box. Football is done to me.

I appreciate that PES clip is annoying, but how many, HOW MANY of those clips are there out there? If that happened every single time in PES then there would be a problem, but it dosent, its happened once in a blue moon, just like crap happens in real football.

Anyway if someone from the EVO Web Government of Football Department, preferably from the know it all section, could call up FIFA and ask them to cancel the sport. Then text Abramovich and ask him to shoot himself and rebrand Chelsea into a knitting club (I mean how could he sit there and watch that).. then we can move forward in hope.

PUT IT IN A BOX.

This game is beautiful when played with the right people. If there are any manual players that play online co-op let me know, I've only been playing casual ones and bar one they haven't been great in terms of build up play.

Just had one of those matches on online divisions that remind you not to play it. Full manual versus assisted, the guy had a 100% goal record and he took 6 shots (Ibra, Rashford). Meanwhile I couldn't score an open goal with my shitty aim. :LOL:

Reactions: Nik
I'm on PS4 as well. I only play Online Divisions and I set my matchmaking to "similar settings" (then I only get others with manual passing, shooting isn't locked to that though) and lvl 2 for the connection. Depending on the time of day I can find matches quite easy. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays around 19 in the evening and forward is for obvious reasons the best times to find people but evenings in the weeks are quite good too. Daytime in the weeks is almost impossible though, the weekends a little better.

Sure, sometimes I get to wait up to 5-7 minutes to find a match and I know that is too much for many people. But for the most times it's a couple of minutes.

I haven't touched MyClub.
I used to do this last year but I ended up waiting more for games than actually playing. I had level 3 though so I'll give 2 a shot!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/torres.gif

Someone wind the game up, call the receivers in, put it in a box. Football is done to me.

I appreciate that PES clip is annoying, but how many, HOW MANY of those clips are there out there? If that happened every single time in PES then there would be a problem, but it dosent, its happened once in a blue moon, just like crap happens in real football.

Anyway if someone from the EVO Web Government of Football Department, preferably from the know it all section, could call up FIFA and ask them to cancel the sport. Then text Abramovich and ask him to shoot himself and rebrand Chelsea into a knitting club (I mean how could he sit there and watch that).. then we can move forward in hope.

PUT IT IN A BOX.
Konami don't put these kind of missed in to replicate football they put them in to penalise the player, it's completely different. I'm not comparing but in fifa you will see scuff shots or wild shots based on the player, the position , the ball movement and not just to balance a game out

This game is beautiful when played with the right people. If there are any manual players that play online co-op let me know, I've only been playing casual ones and bar one they haven't been great in terms of build up play.

Just had one of those matches on online divisions that remind you not to play it. Full manual versus assisted, the guy had a 100% goal record and he took 6 shots (Ibra, Rashford). Meanwhile I couldn't score an open goal with my shitty aim. :LOL:

Absolutely!
I´m done with those online challenges @myclub. At those challenges there is no filter and I believe that manual players rather play online divisions than myclub.

If you haven´t added me yet, check my sig....I´m always up for manual games on PS4 :)

Absolutely!
I´m done with those online challenges @myclub. At those challenges there is no filter and I believe that manual players rather play online divisions than myclub.

If you haven´t added me yet, check my sig....I´m always up for manual games on PS4 :)

And try out Divisions with the settings I wrote about above, see you out there! ;)

I just have to share a story from yesterday. I met this guy which I have been paired against a couple of times before. He is really good and have a high rating. I was Espanyol against his Man U, I was the away team as well.

So I set my team up really defensive, counter attack, swarm the box, deep defensive line etc. When I get the ball I try to pass it around, not doing anything hasty, trying the odd counter but my players are of course pretty inferior to his defence so it was rare. But I closed his passing lanes, really trying to play smart, tracking Lukaku etc. And I get the draw, 0-0.

So what happens? Take a guess. This guy immediately send me a message calling me a noob (which is quite the opposite tbf, a noob would have dived in like a headless chicken, chasing his players and ultimately getting punished) not wanting to play football, wasting his time etc, etc. U think the draw felt sweeter?

I just love when people rated, like, 800 and above really get frustrated just because they play someone who try to play smart. I even gave him the tip to use Gegenpress...

Feel like a rookie being in here again,ages ago!
So how does the game play after the patch?
I booted up the infamous 15 the other day and it plays so good!
Guess most games plays best at the end of their lifespan.

Fouls?
Penalty?
Spacing?
Tougher Def?
Asking simply because I haven't played it for a long time,and wouldn't really trust my own judgement on it right now!
And it's ML I'm interested in

Just to post something of different, this is on PC with my patch and Parham gameplay, I don't think that without a lot of changes that will be possible, btw these are 4 different match analysis maded on Coach vs CPU (Exhibition Superstar 15 min). It's a totally different game respect the vanilla one.
So, IMO the software that Konami give to us have a lot of potential but they missed a lot of things (the most due the missing of a true betatesting before the launch)
And speaking about stats, i think they matter.. just look those screens

That parham patch goes to show what can be achieved as the base. Amazing. I'll definitely be checking it out and tweeting KONAMI.

..as long as they'll response won't be, instead, to cut out Parham's patch at the next update (like, by making dt_18 uneditable for example).

I've had this strange, irrational (?) fear since I've started play the patch.

That parham patch goes to show what can be achieved as the base. Amazing. I'll definitely be checking it out and tweeting KONAMI.

Matt, i think you are related with them more than me, so please remark to fix the defensive line settings, it's really a shame see these gap. Past year wasn't perfect but for sure was better.
And all of you try to open an inquiry if you don't like some part of the game... Of course in the proper manner without attack the dev or the customer care support. This year they seems more sensible to user's feedbacks, and users should make the games , Kickstarter is a clear example of what i would expect from the future games. Unsadly the PES community is not ready to something like that, the common users of a football/soccer game will never be as rpg users, totally different target... devs of any recent games just point to the online section nectling the longevity of a game...
First of all, I'm a gamers since '86, any pc game magazine has always remarked the longevity aspect in their reviews... It was a must for the gamers over all the platform, and IMO is the key to succed for any title...Longevity..
Longevity means also realism, so stop with stupid fantasy transfer market ( big teams that buy players with more then 33-34 ages) and solve/remove/give us an option to disable/ the release fee that is the main reason to the dismantle of a lot of teams (Liverpool and other Premiership team in alphabetical order, :D weird but seems that).
It's a pity lost time to make a goodtactis for Liverpool and when I play versus them, I will find the most of the players sell out.. Great, so my tactics morph to a shit.
So they have to focus a little more on that... Ok, random gamers buy the game and like to play with Legend and all the fucked things that Konami put inside this game, waiting 10000 Gp after mistake and so on.. but a game that wanna be a masterpiece should be playable in any mode (and IMO play ML is A MUST).

Some stuff over the week...

Double deflection:

Deft touch while under body blocking animation:

1v1 without [] and X pressure (where, as the defender, u are supposed to guess which way I'm going, read my body movement, and try to meet me at my NEXT LOCATION. rather than using the homing missle tool)

Back
Top Bottom