PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

What this game best on?
Xbox 1 x or PS4 pro?
Can you put an option file on both machines?
Also can you play pes08 and pes10 on a Xbox x or ps 4 pro?
Thanks

I had it on XBOX1 Which i sold for a PS4 due to the option files being unavailable on that console and being available on PS4. I also have it on PC which is more moddable however on PS4 the datapacks don't cause the need to reinstall the option file. As for gameplay there is no difference between platforms.

Sorry about keep this on topic but in what regards?
Just make a slight comparison not to be off topic that much :D

Proper defensive positioning off the ball and passing that was not ridiculously accurate and OP. A direct result of this is that there's actually midfield play, and defensive resistance, which is what leads to more fouls as well. That's probably why konami just can't introduce fouls out of thin air, they will have to properly work on the defensive side from the ground up. Pes18 seems miles away from that. It's about passing your way near the box in a couple of seconds and then shooting/crossing.

Last edited:
Wasnt 17 (and the titles before on fox)where all the defenders were godly and could catch up with Messi easily and there were no 1on1s w keeper?

sounds like a balancing issue to me

I've had a few one on ones ..there is a bit of catch up but nothing game breaking for me..pes 18 just feels samey every game

Wasnt 17 (and the titles before on fox)where all the defenders were godly and could catch up with Messi easily and there were no 1on1s w keeper?

sounds like a balancing issue to me

Yeah, people were right to dislike this, it was a lazy way to achieve balance, but it was mostly balanced which in the end is better than an unbalanced game. In the same lazy way the AI plays ridiculous balls/backheels in 18 in order to be just 'hard'.

I've been messing a little with pes 18 ai tactics and what I have done to 2 teams is keep the formation shape but push the defence up slightly then drop the midfield back until either it won't let you or it shows the player swap symbol..same with forwards too drop them back to midfield ..seems to stop the contant forward ball but didn't make them too passive in attack

Just played about ten games against Lazio and I cant beat them. I just cant. Im almost throwing the joystick at the wall right now. Keepers now have instant reflexes again and the AI dont missplace passes or commit any fouls and they are scoring at will! The game loses its balance again. F.....!

I've been messing a little with pes 18 ai tactics and what I have done to 2 teams is keep the formation shape but push the defence up slightly then drop the midfield back until either it won't let you or it shows the player swap symbol..same with forwards too drop them back to midfield ..seems to stop the contant forward ball but didn't make them too passive in attack
just touching on this as I've done more tests and it makes a big difference. I think the formation on the graphic is different to what's on the pitch regarding spacing which is why the AI pings it forward all the time. Having the CF brought as far back as possible around half way in the half still has them in the box for attacks but it's not always pinged forward the AI goes more sideways and back ..city v man u doing this was a great game of football

yep the matches are more intense that way. you can expect more fouls and bit more randomness.
there is a patch out there with formations like that if i remember right

the problem is that they sized down the players and sized up the pitch = more space

Yeah makes sense ..i haven't seen a patch as I'm on ps4 ..good thing is it only takes about 10 seconds or so per team to shift the players about as your not actually changing the formation just adjusting the positioning

o53bx4r.jpg

pen?
Let me help
MqBHJe5.jpg

im almost certain it doesnt give pens regularly because the system is broken the AI gk cannot save a PK if you put it in the corner you can take 100 in the corners and i promise you will score 100 was the same on 2017 im surpised its hardly mentioned

what i have seen in my ML is my players gets chopped down and its fk to the AI lol or my player looks like he is about to fall from a bad tackle but teleports back to his feet mid animation

just touching on this as I've done more tests and it makes a big difference. I think the formation on the graphic is different to what's on the pitch regarding spacing which is why the AI pings it forward all the time. Having the CF brought as far back as possible around half way in the half still has them in the box for attacks but it's not always pinged forward the AI goes more sideways and back ..city v man u doing this was a great game of football

Yes, this is something I worked on a couple months ago. Basically you are keeping the spacing by default to be much tighter. I'd be curious to try it again as a way to hold over PES 18 for a bit.

Here are my videos of the gameplay from September:

It's better, but not perfect, and doesn't quite rid the CPU of their incessant need for backheel forward passes and defender's backing off - but it's much improved to default gameplay.

Yes, this is something I worked on a couple months ago. Basically you are keeping the spacing by default to be much tighter. I'd be curious to try it again as a way to hold over PES 18 for a bit.

Here are my videos of the gameplay from September:

It's better, but not perfect, and doesn't quite rid the CPU of their incessant need for backheel forward passes and defender's backing off - but it's much improved to default gameplay.
Perhaps an idea to combine it with this lads efforts ? https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comm...proved_ml_gameplay/?utm_source=reddit-android
Tempted to give it a go, IF I return to pes 18 in the first place. Highly doubtful however. Much prefer fifa at the moment.

Similar mat but I don't bring my defenders back just the midfield back towards the defence and then the CF and any other forwards further back than you have. The build up play from AI is superb now ..not seeing many backheels, no pinging it forward on exhibition.Also widened the defence to cover wide and separated the CB slightly. I'll try and share a short video tomorrow ...saved the game for me

Here we leave the list of the new faces that came with the DLC 4.0 .. Actually there were 85 players who received a new face in the game, while other 7 received only tattoos:

1) Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Arsenal FC)
2) Jack Wilshere (Arsenal FC)
3) Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth)
4) Shane Duffy (Brighton & Hove Albion / Selection of Ireland)
5) Ben Mee (Burnley FC)
6) James Tarkowski (Burnley FC)
7) Jóhann Gudmundsson (Burnley FC / Selection of Iceland)
8) Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC / Selection of Belgium)
9) Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton FC)
10) Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)
11) Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City)
12) Phil Foden (Manchester City)
13) Olexandr Zinchenko (Manchester City / Selection of Ukraine)
14) James Ward-Prowse (Southampton FC)
15) Oriol Romeu (Southampton FC)
16) Jordan Ayew (Swansea City / Ghana Selection)
17) Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur / Denmark Team)
18) Abdoulaye Doucouré (Watford FC)
19) Gomes (Watford FC)
20) Richarlison (Watford FC)
21) Cheikhou Kouyaté (West Ham United)
22) Angus Gunn (Norwich City)
23) Malcom (Girondins de Bordeaux)
24) Brou Benjamin Angoua (EA Guingamp)
25) Jorge (AS Monaco)
26) Diego Carlos (FC Nantes)
27) Houssem Aouar (Olympique Lyonnais)
28) Lucas Tousart (Olympique Lyonnais)
29) Tanguy Ndombele (Olympique Lyonnais)
30) Giovani Lo Celso (Paris Saint Germain)
31) Lassana Diarra (Paris Saint Germain)
32) Paul-Georges Ntep (AS Saint Etienne)
33) Yann M'Vila (AS Saint Étienne)
34) Sandro (Benevento Calcio)
35) Han Kwang-Song (Cagliari Calcio)
36) Thomas Strakosha (SS Lazio / Selection of Albania)
37) Davide Calabria (AC Milan) + Tattoos.
38) Patrick Cutrone (AC Milan) + Tattoos.
39) Dries Mertens (SSC Napoli / Selection of Belgium)
40) Ivan Strinic (SSC Napoli / Croatia National Team)
41) Lucas Torreira (UC Sampdoria)
42) Jakub Jankto (Udinese Calcio / Selection of the Czech Republic)
43) Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese Calcio / Denmark Team)
44) Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese Calcio)
45) David Neres (AFC Ajax)
46) Mitchell te Vrede (NAC Breda)
47) Hirving Lozano (PSV Eindhoven)
48) Romeo Castelen (VVV Venlo)
49) Ivan Rakitic (FC Barcelona / Croatian national team) + Tattoos.
50) Yerry Mina (FC Barcelona / Selection of Colombia)
51) Maximiliano Gómez (Celta de Vigo)
52) Gabriel Appelt (CD Leganés)
53) Antonio Adán (Real Betis)
54) Jesús Vallejo (Real Madrid)
55) Álvaro Odriozola (Real Sociedad)
56) Andreas Pereira (Valencia CF)
57) Pablo Fornals (Villarreal CF)
58) Rodri Hernández (Villarreal CF)
59) Artur Moraes (CD Aves)
60) Rúben Micael (Paços de Ferreira)
61) Sebastián Coates (Sporting)
62) Ryota Morioka (RSC Anderlecht)
63) Manuel Akanji (Borussia Dortmund)
64) Michy Batshuayi (Borussia Dortmund / Belgium National Team)
65) Willi Orban (Rasen Ballsport Leipzig)
66) Alessandro Schöpf (FC Schalke 04 / Selection of Austria)
67) Amine Harit (FC Schalke 04)
68) Bastian Oczipka (FC Schalke 04)
69) Daniel Caligiuri (FC Schalke 04)
70) Guido Burgstaller (FC Schalke 04 / Austria Selection)
71) Matija Nastasic (FC Schalke 04)
72) Thilo Kehrer (FC Schalke 04)
73) Tomás Necid (SK Slavia Praha)
74) Emiliano Rigoni (FK Zenit St. Petersburg)
75) Vágner Love (Besiktas JK)
76) Vinícius Júnior (CR Flamengo)
77) Carlos Tevez (Boca Juniors)
78) Paolo Goltz (Boca Juniors)
79) Wilmar Barrios (Boca Juniors)
80) Javier Pinola (River Plate)
81) Juan Fernando Quintero (River Plate)
82) Ignacio Scocco (River Plate)
83) Walter Montillo (Tiger)
84) Artur Jedrzejczyk (Selection of Poland)
85) Michał Pazdan (Selection of Poland)

Only Tattoos:

1) Alexandre Lacazette (Arsenal FC / France team)
2) Granit Xhaka (Arsenal FC / Selection of Switzerland)
3) Héctor Bellerín (Arsenal FC)
4) Matt Macey (Arsenal FC)
5) Mesut Özil (Arsenal FC / Selection of Germany)
6) Matías Vecino (Inter Milan)
7) Marcelo Brozovic (Inter Milan / Croatian national team)

By EditemosPES

Pace is superb in this game,it has ruined my 17,can’t play it anymore,feels like a F1 game.
And that’s on -1 game speed.
To bad the rest of the game is wonky as hell,as soon as I’ve started to have some fun,it goes down the back heel/insane scripting/chipped through ball path

OK.. how that is offside ? DO i miss something? some new rules or what ?
It would be offside if the knee of the striker hovered above the half of the opponent. The halfway line is not part of the opponents' half.

It's hard to tell from this angle. The offside line is definitely wrong, though.

Back
Top Bottom