PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

That's probably a very good idea,and it plays alright on professional,same on 17,not as horrible on TP on 27 either.
Problem is for me,the "wow" factor isn't there anymore,if it is,it's for the wrong reasons
I understand. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long now. 2019 in a few months, if it delivers (and I hope it does).

Completely true. Professional is so beautiful to watch the AI playing fluid, free, real football. Mostly grounded passes, less L1+Δ spam,and less backheel-pass defending inside the penalty area. The only problem is what you say it gets too easy over time.It is like a tiger without teeth!
As for scripting i miss the 2011-2013 scripting sometimes, when the only deal with script algorithm 9/10 times was :
IF CPU needs a goal in minute 85+
THEN
i)foul-free kick from 35m->direct GOAL for COM!
ii)magnetic corner kick->header GOAL for COM!
Yes,professional still plays very good,I played a lot on it on 17,remember TP and SS when first starting to play were very tough.
I'd take scripting like that any day (11-13)
Played a lot 17 lately,18s scripting move is "tiki taka-chipped throughball-goal",on 17 there's always a very slow cross,CPU header,when being covered by two defenders,and then it sails in bottom far corner.
Gets a bit boring.
Still gonna play this game,but on Profesional

Just played about ten games against Lazio and I cant beat them. I just cant. Im almost throwing the joystick at the wall right now. Keepers now have instant reflexes again and the AI dont missplace passes or commit any fouls and they are scoring at will! The game loses its balance again. F.....!

Well, after get my ass kicked several times by Napoli (was Napoli, not Lazio, sorry) I set my team to defend differently. More deep and less pressure and I set all out of defence. I manage to get a draw. Ive notice that tactics have more influence than the individual stats of each player. Its like you instantly break the scripting. On the next match, I got smashed again by Spartak in UCL. Its like the game wants to break my winning streak. Then, I change my tactics again and end up winning easily. This is a good thing but it have to be more balanced. If Im playing with a team that have a good defence, the AI shouldnt score so easily no matter how screwd my tatics are.

I play on Superstar by the way. Nice weekend everyone.

i can pick up pes 2018 for €20 now and was looking for a multi player game for me and my friends while the world cup is on, been playing fifa all season but its kind of mechanical after you cut through the sky sports presentation, how do you all still feel about pes2018 and is it worth it just as a quick pick up and play multiplayer game ?

cheers

Update 1.07 available on PS4

A new patch is available to download as of 10th May, 2018. See below for a detailed breakdown of all the changes implemented in this update.

■Adjustments to Scouts and Agents in myClub mode
・Depending on the players you have already signed, certain other players will be unobtainable to you. These players will now be greyed out in the List of Targets for Scout and Agents in myClub mode.

■ Various improvements across all modes to improve the overall gameplay experience.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2018/eu/en/topic/wepes2018_games-20907

Last edited:
I haven't played much Pes 18 lately,but squeezed in two ML games on professional yesterday and two today.
Didn't notice much difference,but my passing (manual) was horrible today.

Something that impresed me, as we speak of traits and special skills in the other thread, cause of the new traits announcement of 2019. While i was editing my Option File i noticed that many players had the COM style "early cross". I don't know if it is directly connected with the CPU spamming lofted passes all time but it really makes me wonder cause i did a fast search in PES-master and noticed that the majority of players in PES database have "early cross" as a COM playing style. To be accurate from 16.632 players in database the 7.419 players have "early cross".
http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2018/search/?ovr=40-100&early_cross=2&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc

To give you further information about the other COM styles demographics:

Early-cross:7.419
Long ball expert: 511
Incisive run: 742
Trickster: 535
Mazing run: 836
Speeding Bullet: 750

Something that impresed me, as we speak of traits and special skills in the other thread, cause of the new traits announcement of 2019. While i was editing my Option File i noticed that many players had the COM style "early cross". I don't know if it is directly connected with the CPU spamming lofted passes all time but it really makes me wonder cause i did a fast search in PES-master and noticed that the majority of players in PES database have "early cross" as a COM playing style. To be accurate from 16.632 players in database the 7.419 players have "early cross".
http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2018/search/?ovr=40-100&early_cross=2&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc

To give you further information about the other COM styles demographics:

Early-cross:7.419
Long ball expert: 511
Incisive run: 742
Trickster: 535
Mazing run: 836
Speeding Bullet: 750
Would be interesting to edit that away from one team and then play them before and after?

If you play a ML you mainly play Vs same league or your second,so if it works,would be fantastic.
Great find mate

Would be interesting to edit that away from one team and then play them before and after?

If you play a ML you mainly play Vs same league or your second,so if it works,would be fantastic.
Great find mate

I rechecked in PES 2017 database in PesMaster and in pesdb.net and maybe it was false alarm. :( Cause:
in 2017 i found 396/16106 with early cross. http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2017/search/?early_cross=2&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc
and in 2018 pesdb there are 493/16647 with early cross http://pesdb.net/pes2018/?all=1&P06=1

The main problems that i cannot make proper testing and research are that: i don't have so much time , i'm on a console so i cannot work with a universal editor, i dont know a 3rd website with pesdatabase driven from original gamestats to make the comparisons, and finally as i recently used a new OF of various editors after DLC 4.0, maybe the patchmaker used pesmaster "false?" early cross distribution cause in my games version it is like this i.e. i have Goalkeepers with earlycrossing!!!

im not sure if its just one of those ML things but I have noticed since the last patch the game on superstar has become incredibly difficult suddenly I mean it has never been easy but for a moment I thought I might have put it on legendary by mistake

havent noticed any changes to passing shooting ect just the AI seems more aggressive in their marking

I rechecked in PES 2017 database in PesMaster and in pesdb.net and maybe it was false alarm. :( Cause:
in 2017 i found 396/16106 with early cross. http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2017/search/?early_cross=2&sort=ovr&sort_order=desc
and in 2018 pesdb there are 493/16647 with early cross http://pesdb.net/pes2018/?all=1&P06=1

The main problems that i cannot make proper testing and research are that: i don't have so much time , i'm on a console so i cannot work with a universal editor, i dont know a 3rd website with pesdatabase driven from original gamestats to make the comparisons, and finally as i recently used a new OF of various editors after DLC 4.0, maybe the patchmaker used pesmaster "false?" early cross distribution cause in my games version it is like this i.e. i have Goalkeepers with earlycrossing!!!
Good find but try kilay's patch for pc if you're able to. He has removed all player styles (or almost all) for nearly every player and I can tell you from experience that the cpu still does the lofted through ball crap.

Good find but try kilay's patch for pc if you're able to. He has removed all player styles (or almost all) for nearly every player and I can tell you from experience that the cpu still does the lofted through ball crap.
Thank you.You are wright.Problem is i apply liveupdate after DLC release and now after i saw DLC 4.01 im in a pretty chaotic situation where i dont know what is default what is edited i have fixed many brazilian duplicates and fake national players cause my patchmaker used algerian and arabian fake nationals to make chinese superleague who reverted to default nationality after Liveup.So i need about two "editing" days to fix all this to my standars but it seems im out of time plus i spent many full evenings this year to do only fixes to my database.It seems my 10th run in ML must be deleted and reset and i hope if im in time that it was the last dlc update cause despite official DP updates being better than previous years they still destroy a lot of editing work.
I apologise to everybody for my rushed conclusions. :(

Ha ha,yeah having your goalkeepers doing that isn’t to much fun mate.
I’m on console as well.
Must be something else triggering that behaviour.
Feels like the do it when needed,0-0 and need a goal,chip it etc.
I should have recorded a sequence a saw yesterday.
I had both my central defender in the middle,and one of the cpu strikers between them,cpu decided to chip it instead to playing a through ball,10/10 would play it on the ground instead of having your team mate trying to take it in the air,sorting his feet out with two defenders chasing you,plus a GK storming out.

So it feels it’s very much coded in to their play style

im not sure if its just one of those ML things but I have noticed since the last patch the game on superstar has become incredibly difficult suddenly I mean it has never been easy but for a moment I thought I might have put it on legendary by mistake

havent noticed any changes to passing shooting ect just the AI seems more aggressive in their marking
Noticed a sharper marking,and the press you harder in your own half as well,could be me not playing the game enough,based on two games prior to the patch and two post patch.

two things i noticed but bear in mind im lucky to play 2 games per day.
1. On professional the AI seemed to over hit a few passes
2. Saw keeper leave the area to head away - never seen that before

two things i noticed but bear in mind im lucky to play 2 games per day.
1. On professional the AI seemed to over hit a few passes
2. Saw keeper leave the area to head away - never seen that before
I think this game has some very good gameplay on professional,I mean most games plays the best on it,difference being (personal view) it becomes horrible on TP/SS.
Seen a few lifelike stuff to,like cpu not being able to control a over hit pass etc.

This has always been true on pes to some extent. This year takes the cake though. Not touching anything above professional anymore.

This has always been true on pes to some extent. This year takes the cake though. Not touching anything above professional anymore.

I only play on professional, the others are a nightmare.

The game plays lovely on pro but get why for some it wouldn't be enough of a challenge. I like to create moments and goals as I see them in my head which pro allows me to do. Too much of a challenge is just a ballache for me, I game to relax.

I only play on professional, the others are a nightmare.

The game plays lovely on pro but get why for some it wouldn't be enough of a challenge. I like to create moments and goals as I see them in my head which pro allows me to do. Too much of a challenge is just a ballache for me, I game to relax.
I agree. It does get a bit too easy though after a while where you can just score goals on autopilot. I will be going manual on passing when I return to the game (not sure if I will) which increases the challenge in a bit more "honest" way.

Back
Top Bottom