PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'm going off on twitter. Press impressions from "non-footy gaming journalists" are going to fuck this game up I'm reading about "too many fouls, close control dribble not as good as fifa ( yea because its more free and realistic unlike you fuck bag) errant passes ( because the game is more free and isn't as assisted so passes will be misplaced but they want assisted passing)" etc etc.

Dudes honestly, I'm starting to get that feeling you won't play what i played and I'm sorry I'm getting your hopes up...can only hope the Japs don't take these criticisms to heart

These people also clearly state they've only played a few games! Motherfuckers I played for 3 fucking days and its took a few games just to get to grips with everything as you had to relearn how to play PES!

FUCK

I'm going off on twitter. Press impressions from "non-footy gaming journalists" are going to fuck this game up I'm reading about "too many fouls, close control dribble not as good as fifa ( yea because its more free and realistic unlike you fuck bag) errant passes ( because the game is more free and isn't as assisted so passes will be misplaced but they want assisted passing)" etc etc.

Dudes honestly, I'm starting to get that feeling you won't play what i played and I'm sorry I'm getting your hopes up...can only hope the Japs don't take these criticisms to heart

These people also clearly state they've only played a few games! Motherfuckers I played for 3 fucking days and its took a few games just to get to grips with everything as you had to relearn how to play PES!

FUCK

Do you really think that non-vg (or even football) website will have more or at least the same influence than fans and pro-PES website? How does the team takes those criticism?
What do you think, It's a real question...

I personnally think that it was the case in the past, considering those "writers" such as "intelligent people who knows shit"
But years after years, the team should have learned which public are truely important regarding the final verdict real criticism

FUCK

Why the fuck are non-football journalist even criticizing a footie game? The sad truth is Adam/Asim will probably take their feedback more than they will take ours. Arcade > Sim when it comes to sales.

Why the fuck are non-football journalist even criticizing a footie game? The sad truth is Adam/Asim will probably take their feedback more than they will take ours. Arcade > Sim when it comes to sales.

They won't I already had convos. But Japan gets their own feedback as well not just what UK guys pass on to them. UK guys at Konami need to help temper that feedback from these types of journalists this year more than ever. I want you guys to play a final game close to the code I played at E3 because YOU, WE THE FANS, deserve this game.

It's not perfect as you will read in my write up but this code was damn good minus being able to play A.I. for more than 2 matches.

Do you really think that non-vg (or even football) website will have more or at least the same influence than fans and pro-PES website? How does the team takes those criticism?
What do you think, It's a real question...

I personnally think that it was the case in the past, considering those "writers" such as "intelligent people who knows shit"
But years after years, the team should have learned which public are truely important regarding the final verdict real criticism

I always have been told they take all feedback into account. Whether thats a company line I don't know sorry man

They won't I already had convos. But Japan gets their own feedback as well not just what UK guys pass on to them. UK guys at Konami need to help temper that feedback from these types of journalists this year more than ever. I want you guys to play a final game close to the code I played at E3 because YOU, WE THE FANS, deserve this game.

It's not perfect as you will read in my write up but this code was damn good minus being able to play A.I. for more than 2 matches.

It reminds me how good PES 2015 demo was and the release version ruined all the good things that was on the demo(lazer guided passing/shooting, no player individuality, catch-up bug, etc) which wasn't present on the demo version. I just hope this year, they keep the same gameplay.

B-Man it was more a question about what do you personnally think about it (aswell as others)

If it's only one poor article from an un-footy website like that, i don't think that could be an issue.
What scares me is that multiple companies like that cames with their f***ed up and totally careless articles only to makes their websites feeling more "complete" talking about everyting (even things that they doesn't know jack)

Edit: As you said it's up to Uk guys to select which articles was relevant and which is not to send to Japan.
I don't think that article i've readed may be taken seriously

Jesus! Give it a bloody rest, will you? "Adam and Asim" this, "Adam and Asim" that! It's so unbelievably boring!

I agree, it's not like it's their entire fault for everything you see in the game and don't like. They're not making the game.
And, at least Adam, works harder than anybody's here to makes things right, and needs to insist and insist (thanks to him for having a PC current-gen version btw...)

You should try at least to see what they've accomplished very well from years to years instead of always see the negative/or what you see personnally as negative...

Watching a video of PES 2017 on PC with some mad patch on it which makes the old-gen engined game look amazing. Got me thinking that Adam, who said, repeatedly over the last few years that he was trying to fight PC gamers corner, may well have done an amazing job in convincing them to use the latest tech for the release of PC PES 2018. If folk are going to give him shit, then they should also offer credit where it is due. No doubt haters will refuse to do that, though.

PES on PC getting the same tlc as the console versions regards engine could be a massive thing for the community moving forward.

Folk talk about wanting the most realistic football game available. Well, you let modders loose on those assets then that could very well come. Yes, yes, we want that to be the case across all platforms, but it will always be a more customisable game on PC, as we all know.

Looking ahead, I will be satisfied with a strong, balanced offering on PS4, but thoughts of essentially investing in a PES machine, that is a PC that can handle the game + patches, becomes yet more alluring.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I could live with a situation in which all audiences can be catered for, with it being the case that the most simulation heavy version of the game can be found on PC.

Lets be honest, so long as the base that seems to be in place is there, then modders will always find a way of enhancing the game and tweaking it to near perfection using that base. The decision then left for gamers is if they want to invest or can realistically afford to invest in the hardware required.

Quality and flexibilty might always have to come at a cost, or be a very niche thing. With Konami now using the latest engine on the PC version, then at least that niche can be catered for.

Last edited:

FUCK

I have had friends who would say PES wasn't good enough, reason being 'it's not like FIFA'. The issue with some of these journos or a significant part of the crowd is that their standard to compare a football sim is not real world football, but how 'FIFA plays'. Footy Journos obviously understand how football on pitch works, but unfortunately other ones who haven't really seen football on the pitch will just compare it to how it plays on FIFA or previous iterations of PES.

Last edited:
It just remembers me this. But he is The Ronaldinho.

Even Ronaldinho had to face the ball.
no spoiler tag anymore in the forum? can not find it at all
It's under the '+' sign.

FUCK
Is that you, AlphaOmegaSin?
In case some don't know who I'm talking about.

Back to a realistic approach of PES football.
A realistic first touch and realistic passing. People say it wouldn't be fun, wrong, it would be fun. Scoring (in FIFA for example) is easy, because of speed (making defending a nightmare) and passing being unrealistic. I see end to end open games that become a goal festival. OK that's fine, the same thing happens IRL, open games become open because both sides want it. So would a realistic PES with realistic first touch and realistic passing.
Just because it's realistic doesn't mean it's boring. Scoring easy is boring, earning your goals is fun.

The way I look at it, if PES 18 has perfect ball trapping from awkward ball/player positions, I'm convinced this konami team isn't capable of fixing those issues, cos as Iv stated in the past there's no excuses this year.

The way I look at it, if PES 18 has perfect ball trapping from awkward ball/player positions, I'm convinced this konami team isn't capable of fixing those issues, cos as Iv stated in the past there's no excuses this year.
i'm starting to believe it too. i don't think this teams professional, seeing the salaries are under average makes me believe their college students. Being serious though, those awkward ball/player positions and arcade first touches are a disgrace to the PES series. Even EA can do this.:COAT:

Not that it is that important, but i didn't even recognise Marcelo at first. Not their best attempt. But i dont really care about faces (and yes, they are usually very good).

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/PES_Russia/status/876340448876539904

bc8846385fdc.png

Jesus! Give it a bloody rest, will you? "Adam and Asim" this, "Adam and Asim" that! It's so unbelievably boring!

I know people like to blame someone for something that doesn't work. Adam and Asim said many times they work with feedback and surveys, general feedback, not individual one, but honestly that's how every software development company works. Keeping saying them the same thing over and over with some kind of arrogance is bad.

the problem is that they want to impress the arcade noobs.
Adam clearly made that remark numerous times

If they wanted to impress arcade noobs they wouldn't remove the guideline on free kicks and corner kicks, they wouldn't add more first touch errors, they wouldn't have lowered the pace, they wouldn't have lowered passing assistance as it seems they did watching the videos.

There is no such a thing as impressing casual noobs, they just want to make a game that can be fun for everyone. Can you blame them?

Of course they need to improve in a lot of areas to make the game more realistic, but if you really think they are dumbing down the game on purpose i don't even know why you are here still discussing the game.

Sometimes there are so such stupid conspiracy theories on here, like the one they ditched the completed passes percentuage to hide the fact they are too high. If you watched video you would have seen there are many times during the match completed passes percentage is shown on the new top left menu.

Last edited:
If they wanted to impress arcade noobs they wouldn't remove the guideline on free kicks and corner kicks, they wouldn't add more first touch errors, they wouldn't have lowered the pace, they wouldn't have lowered passing assistance as it seems they did watching the videos.

There is no such a thing as impressing casual noobs, they just want to make a game that can be fun for everyone. Can you blame them?

Of course they need to improve in a lot of areas to make the game more realistic, but if you really think they are dumbing down the game on purpose i don't even know why you are here still discussing the game.
take it easy man, don't get a heart attack.
i did not see the first touch error that you mentioned and the lowered passing assistance. those are things you would be able to see on videos.
players pass and trap balls flawlessly. don't have brake their stride or adjust their bodies to pick up a pass. Is not my idea of a sim. if i wanted a FIFA clone i wouldn't be here then i'd be perfectly happy with what FIFA has to offer, which is a lot, minus the gameplay.
fact is that it really seems like they want to make a FIFA clone, how else would you want to impress the FIFA fans?
Adam stated that numerous times and that worries me.

Sometimes there are so such stupid conspiracy theories on here, like the one they ditched the completed passes percentuage to hide the fact they are too high. If you watched video you would have seen there are many times during the match completed passes percentage is shown on the new top left menu.
Considering the fact that the AI pass completion rates were completely unrelated to their passing stats for four years now, that's far from being a conspiracy theory. Nobody pays attention to those statistics during the match anyway, it's merely there to emulate a TV broadcast.

It's not about dumbing the game down . ..it's a case of making it more attack orientated and the objective is to win over Fifa fans and Ex-Pes fans who defected to Fifa . .. goals goals goals .. bigger pitch, more space to attack. . nearly every improvement they make favours attacking. .. .I don't think they're bothered about defensive positioning unfortunately .. .a simulation will never happen . .it's all about the big bucks. .. .in my view their dream would be a hybrid of Pes /Fifa.. . . play like Pes but look like Fifa.

i think the first touch is what needs fixing, it's crucial for realistically slower games. It really would improve game play.

arcade pass :TD:
fSCGNS.gif

realistic pass:TU:

The only thing missing in that gif is just one ball bounce and it would look great. I hope they look into it.

hey, i wanna stay positive guys, i really do but saying something is present when obviously the videos show it isn't is kind of hard to swallow.
i am watching the confederations cup at the moment, Portugal vs Mexico. the first touch errors are all over the place. maybe that would be too much to implement in a video game but make them more obvious then they are at the moment. A lot has to be felt when talking about gameplay improvements and tactics but first touch errors ain't one of them. it is possible to see them.
At the moment i don't see them.

Back
Top Bottom