PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I still dont understand, it seems like they afraid to go full ISS1-2, PES4-5-6 with all the player inertia and individuality.

Its all there but it feels like all nerfed in 2017 too. Really hoping for that PA 1 bringing the best out of this game. Just wish there would be something like that for shooting too.

Genuinely, if you still get retired players in your youth intake again this year, I can't play it. I don't care about graphics, I don't care about petty things, but if I'm getting a "17 year old" youth player called John Terry (with the face of Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy), no. Stop making these ridiculous fantasy decisions - or give us a switch to turn it off.
I agree 100%!!! Reborn retirees kill the immersion of ML for me as I only tend to buy Under-21 players so I tend to stop playing it after awhile when most of the new youth talents are haggard as hell looking 16 year old Italian geriatrics. I wish Konami would give us the option to turn this off as surely it's possible for them to have a random youth player generator creation system instead of recycling real player regens constantly. I'd play ML for 10+ seasons if they fixed this as opposed to the 4 or 5 seasons max I currently play.

I also hope they can fix the terrible transfer system this year as I hate buying a young player and building up his stats and when he wins a prestigious award like World Player of the Year I still receive stupid offers of 6 million for him from some tiny club who's best player has a rating of 72. Konami really need to hire a mathematician to sort out the transfer system based on real word variables and logic because whoever currently has the job at Konami doesn't have a clue.

Adam said again that he won't focus on impressions by people who have not played the game. He is talking about that Matt10 video.

The only option is to tweet it to @officialpes. He also said that.

I can understand what he says but the problem is: the first time we will have access to play Pes 2018 against CPU will be with the demo. It will be too late, and it's very likely that even if they acknowledge that it will be too late to impact development.

When the demo releases the full game development is already concluded.

Last edited:
Adam said again that he won't focus on impressions by people who have not played the game. He is talking about that Matt10 video.

The only option is to tweet it to @officialpes. He also said that.

I can understand what he says but the problem is: the first time we will have access to play Pes 2018 against CPU will be with the demo. It will be too late, and it's very likely that even if they acknowledge that it will be too late to impact development.

When the demo releases the full game development is already concluded.

That was in a twitter exchange with me where he said, unless i misunderstood him, that nobody has fed back the player position issues that Matt had talked about (for years). which is interesting... (fair point, I never fed back the space in midfield, but mainly because I have other priorities that I feed back in surveys)

As i said to him though, we do indeed have to wait to play it to find out for ourselves, regardless they don't seem to deem there to be any issue so unless it has been 'fixed' or changed by other gameplay changes then I doubt it'd have been worked on at all.

Let's just hope the gameplay is good when we come to play it.

I think @officialpes and @adam_bhatti are the same person, so it won't change much. I've thought so for a while now. Either him or Asim.

Scripting use to be a thing in FIFA because the AI was bad. Why on earth did PES copy it since PES 6 I have no idea. And now with the introduction with team spirit, it's even worse. Honestly, there should be a difficulty after Superstar that enables cheating and the rest of the difficulty should have cheating/handicap off.

It blows my mind when I occasionally play an exhibition match, rather than ML. It's like a different game, I absolutely crush anyone in exhibition, but on the same difficulty against hte same team, playing in the ML mode is infuriating. And it's not that the CPU plays better, it's that my team lose ability to control their limbs/make intelligent runs/collect loose balls. It's so painfully obvious.

I guess it's from the old skool Japanese mentality of video games, but it's just not necessary in a sports game imo. It can't be that hard to make it difficult and fair, and players LOVE that right, see all the success of things like Dark Souls - players like it to be hard, but only if it's not cheating.

Or how about an option to turn on/off teamspirit?

Its just literally a boost/screw you over meter. Team work needs to be back as it was down to single players yet effecting the whole team in a clean way! Plus there is the form/consistency attribute. So why on earth we would need this teamspirit?

Feel I should clarify my point about not watching for things in these videos.

I fear that perhaps my remarks come across as rubbishing @Matt10 's approach, but I really am not doing that at all. I value greatly what Matt does for both football games communities.

I guess I don't pay much attention at this stage because it can prove a little too "spoilery". I will happily plead ignorance to that which others notice, but I am not being ignorant to them nor am I judging them. I don't think taking my approach is me not doing any due diligence either, though, nor am I "part of the problem" which is a comment that can sometimes be thrown around if someone pleads a degree of ignorance at this preview stage.

As I have said many times before over the years, I simply like PES and like investing in it come what may. I see it as a £40 - £50 a year annual investment/chance and considering some of the other crap I can or used to waste money on that is a tiny amount. Considering PES2017 for a moment, it proved the best return on investment on any football game I have purchased in the last 9/10 years with ease. I guess therefore PES2018 looking a more refined PES2017 will be less of a problem for me than it may well be for others.

I agree with what Deco has said a few posts above this one: it really does all boil down to what you want to make and take from the game, and that is massively influenced by your approach to the game. Yes, Matt's observations last year were noted after release, and I certainly tried all his workarounds which enhanced the experience, but I think, personally, the developers themselves also made some tweaks here and there throughout the game's lifecycle which proved to do just enough to keep me coming back with interest after a few weeks break. I am honestly staggered at how much PES2017 I've played since release, comparatively speaking, seeing as I have other commitments and interests these days which means I don't play even an excellent football videogame anywhere near as often as I used to. I think that is quite a massive feat for the game, in all honesty; all this in spite of being aware of some flaws/annoyances that either I found myself or had been pointed out by others in the community.

Finally I just want to say I think Adam and Asim are doing a good job. Sorry, but I do.

great post !
even if we assume the game will entertain us only for 2 month (that for pes 2017 was far more for me) ! 60$ isn't high price for that (as a person who has probably lowest salary than you guy due to my country economy ... I earn about 300-400 $ per month).
we all know pes dev team has far far less resource than fifa dev team, but they produced a competitive game (if we don't say better than fifa). this is respectful effort from Adam, Asim and specially Japan dev team.
I know they have a lot of flaws yet that could get better, I know they did some lies and hypes ... but generally they deserve our support for what we saw after 2014 which game got better and better each year (considering their small dev team).
it's not enough in your opinion? ok.
it's not your problem that they have small team? ok.
but not getting the game don't help to reach better quality at all in this situation. it only persuade Konami to give less resource to pes team ! so less investment, less staffs, less improvement speed.
is that what you want?
I think fifa 12 was far better than pes 2012, but in 2017 and 2018 the gap is far less between them (if we don't say pes is better now ... witch IMO actually is) but despite this fact, pes sales got less and less ! why?!
I think this may eliminate pes and leave us with only fifa and crappy EA policy ! (yes, far more crappy policy than Konami ! ... EA already showed us in recent years: if they haven't a competitor they only update last year game with new kits and charge costumers 60$ for updated kits !!!)

I think the only way that we hope pes get better is supporting their effort and purchase the game to persuade Konami to invest more on pes dev team for bigger profit.

I admit we should criticize the flaws and appreciate what matt (and others) done, also I respect who prefer fifa over than pes and don't purchase pes because of that. but I don't understand people which are a big fan of footy game but say I don't purchase any of them, specially pes fans ! you think how it help the game to get better whiles it's obvious the dev team main problem is shortage of invest and staff?

great post !
even if we assume the game will entertain us only for 2 month (that for pes 2017 was far more for me) ! 60$ isn't high price for that (as a person who has probably lowest salary than you guy due to my country economy ... I earn about 300-400 $ per month).
we all know pes dev team has far far less resource than fifa dev team, but they produced a competitive game (if we don't say better than fifa). this is respectful effort from Adam, Asim and specially Japan dev team.
I know they have a lot of flaws yet that could get better, I know they did some lies and hypes ... but generally they deserve our support for what we saw after 2014 which game got better and better each year (considering their small dev team).
but not getting the game don't help to reach better quality at all in this situation. it only persuade Konami to give less resource to pes team ! so less investment, less staffs, less improvement speed.
is that what you want?
I think fifa 12 was far better than pes 2012, but in 2017 and 2018 the gap is far less between them (if we don't say pes is better now ... witch IMO actually is) but despite this fact, pes sales got less and less ! why?!
I think this may eliminate pes and leave us with only fifa and crappy EA policy ! (yes, far more crappy policy than Konami ! ... EA already showed us in recent years: if they haven't a competitor they only update last year game with new kits and charge costumers 60$ for updated kits !!!)

I think the only way that we hope pes get better is supporting their effort and purchase the game to persuade Konami to invest more on pes dev team for bigger profit.

I admit we should criticize the flaws and appreciate what matt (and others) done, also I respect who prefer fifa over than pes and don't purchase pes because of that. but I don't understand people which are a big fan of footy game but say I don't purchase any of them, specially pes fans ! you think how it help the game to get better whiles it's obvious the dev team main problem is shortage of invest and staff?

I'm quite confident that 98% of the PES community actually buy the game. I buy it on PC and on PS4. I'd buy it if it was just stick figures, I'd buy it if it was $500. There is a loyalty of PES fans that goes deeper than the yearly improvements.

They market the game the way they should, they know that PES isn't just a video game, it's a CULTURE. It's a life, it's nostalgia, it's alive.

great post !
is that what you want?

I don't think konami needs a greater staff or devs. What they need is to take the best from their previous works (pes 5 6 2011 2013 2014 2015 2017). That's all. They don't need to invent nothing new. They have all that we want. They could do a very huge job without spending no 1 $!!!!!

Well, I said f it and went ahead and created some gifs. So here we go.

Lol. No comment.
fSCGNS.gif

I'm not sure what's up with this animation? It's supposed to come on the right side but goes through his foot onto the other foot and sticks and slides forward?
5vTk9w.gif

Running towards the ball, traps it with instep/bridge, which should mean the ball drops infront of him, yet it falls behind him, perfectly :/ All to make that quick transition to attack, because God forbid we have another touch on the ball to properly stop it infront then turn around to find the opposition caught up.
YXdINk.gif

I think you used this one to show signs of good trapping but look at the direction he's running and with which part of his foot he manages to stop it and how the ball perfectly moves along his path. I find this very hard to believe. It should drop a little to the left. I'll just leave it there.
Nhqv4A.gif

These last 2 are more a combination of skatey animations (lack of footplanting), collision detection, and trap error. All to make the game more fun. In the first one Griezmann receives the ball on his left and then goes through his right foot to fall properly in his path to score. IRL this would result in the ball bouncing off his right foot.
nHbM-V.gif

8Eo5cy.gif

There are many more that happen every game. And the problem with these also that the CPU AI uses them to cheat its way through on many occasions to score. These have been plaguing the game for years and I find it really surprising the devs can't see them. I guess they do see them and done on purpose to keep the flow going and not ruin the fun.
yup, really makes the game look unrealistic and arcady.
What are the chances of them doing something about it at this stage of development ?

Listen Adam at 18:30

Do you think the MSL can be under licence ?
I know EA Sports got the MLS until 2021, but I don't think it's exclusive, right ?

I know EA Sports got the MLS until 2021, but I don't think it's exclusive, right ?
I think he talks about partnerships, not league licenses. Maybe we will have some MLS teams licensed (never been in Pes, if i'm not wrong), but not the full league since it's a Fifa exclusive.

I don't care what they say. They've been saying the same thing for years and I'm not buying it this time. I'll still go full steam ahead.

USA is Fifpro. And i personnally don't think that EA have signed a full exclusive contract (cost more money) for a league like this: they've both got Chili, Argentina, and clubs from Brasileirao.

So yeah it's a probability that we have a full league of teams signed one by one, like they do with Serie A, or Brasileirao. Or even full rosters with fake teams for some of these, who knows
Ps: connard

USA is Fifpro. And i personnally don't think that EA have signed a full exclusive contract (cost more money) for a league like this: they've both got Chili, Argentina, and clubs from Brasileirao.

So yeah it's a probability that we have a full league of teams signed one by one, like they do with Serie A, or Brasileirao. Or even full rosters with fake teams for some of these, who knows
Ps: connard
Can be great, with some US stadiums
Ps: enculé

I'm quite confident that 98% of the PES community actually buy the game. I buy it on PC and on PS4. I'd buy it if it was just stick figures, I'd buy it if it was $500. There is a loyalty of PES fans that goes deeper than the yearly improvements.

They market the game the way they should, they know that PES isn't just a video game, it's a CULTURE. It's a life, it's nostalgia, it's alive.

agree, I didn't mean to not criticize, clearly they need our feed back.

I don't think konami needs a greater staff or devs. What they need is to take the best from their previous works (pes 5 6 2011 2013 2014 2015 2017). That's all. They don't need to invent nothing new. They have all that we want. They could do a very huge job without spending no 1 $!!!!!

first: I don't defend Konami ! I only defended "pes dev team" that is a little part of Konami, I think Konami don't support dev team enough, because they only care about money. if they find pes is giving more benefit in exchange for more investment, then they will increase their support from pes dev team.

second: what they did in previous engine need to be created in this engine, yes, some of them is about more smart performing stuff in the game (I don't say they did their job perfectly, but they did good and acceptable).
but a lot of flaws is because of low investment and small team (as a result: time shortage)

for ex: if we want less assisted passing on level 1, yes ! this is dev team fault ! because it shouldn't be hard to programming something between 0 and 1 level (that I think they almost had it in 2015, am I right?:THINK:)
but if we want better AI, better animations, better graphic, better physics, etc ... these are directly proportional to dev team staff quantity and game investment.

"pes dev team" that is a little part of Konami, I think Konami don't support dev team enough, because they only care about money
That is quite clear. Pes is a low cost project for KONAMI, this is why they still make money from it, even if sales are so much lower than they were years ago. If KONAMI would give Pes team much more budget we would see a bigger development team, with a better quality. There are so many parts of the game that feel like non tested, unfinished, it's obvious they have not enough people working on it.

It blows my mind when I occasionally play an exhibition match, rather than ML. It's like a different game, I absolutely crush anyone in exhibition, but on the same difficulty against hte same team, playing in the ML mode is infuriating. And it's not that the CPU plays better, it's that my team lose ability to control their limbs/make intelligent runs/collect loose balls. It's so painfully obvious.

I guess it's from the old skool Japanese mentality of video games, but it's just not necessary in a sports game imo. It can't be that hard to make it difficult and fair, and players LOVE that right, see all the success of things like Dark Souls - players like it to be hard, but only if it's not cheating.

Exactly what I feel at times. Difficulty is all welcome but it's frustrating when you know how the CPU wants the game to end. Physical contact is used as a garb to make cheating by CPU legit. A 70ish rated CM would start dribbling circles around your 85 rated CB and hold of the ball from 3 of my players pressing him at a foot's distance. CPU players will run onto goals while I would keep scrambling to get my cursor on my tracking player. Aerial battles are totally different when CPU is 1-0 down even if you have Fellaini vs Verrati, somehow it would be a mis-timed deflection to a CPU player. Don't even want to start about the rigged parry and spillage from goalkeepers, they are always magnetically attracted to the approaching CPU player.

You can have a Pogba or Fellaini trying to shield the ball at perfectly having their backs to the CPU defender but he'll somehow stick his foot and you'll be dispossessed with that 'shock' animation where your player is locked out for a few seconds. Do this to a CPU attacker and you might end up having a booking. Also, CPU rarely or never has that 'shock' or stunned animation because that's just how you unfairly lock human players.

Every time CPU is on the attack and especially if it's down a goal or two, and your star defender needs to clear the ball, he'll take an extra touch, the slowest you'll ever see, CPU player will calmly stick a foot and bam! you're defender is out of play, ball's in the net. I get it, pressure is a thing, can make people take bad touches and defenders aren't too good at playing ball. But it's just clearing the ball, you know the attacker is just infront, why lay of the ball for him to easily pick it up?

Then there is that super goalkeeper phenomenon. I know FIFA is worse, but it's the same thing in some matches. When a shit team's goalkeeper decides it's time to be the GOAT keeper. 10-15 shots on target and you'll still not have a goal, he'll just somehow fly and make saves that shouldn't be possible, just because the game decides how it should be.

Defensive lines are a joke, and this is not just about rigged ML matches. You'll think you have your lines covered and that CPU attacker is absolutely offside but there you see it, that one stupid fullback tracking back all the way to touch line and ruining your defensive line, if there was any.

I know it sounds like a PES 2017 complaint post but this is legit frustrating when you can see the patterns of unfairness to the game. Great AI is about making my life hard as a player but hiding the unfairness, PES 2017 was blatant about it.

great post !
is that what you want?

what you say is true but i will add this :

if :SHAKE: Konami wants they can invest more into development and partnerships (look at konami stock, https://www.konami.com/news/en/2017/) to give us costumers more "like EA does" and increase sales. Konami has plenty of cash to invest.

this football gaming market is to big for just one company to monopoly, any gaming company (with a great idea) can build a great football sim (that FIFA isn't) and grab a million or more (which is 20 million or more for development) out of the fifteen million in annual sales. So don't worry, EA won't control football forever and we will have competition.

Last edited:

yeah, i herd that, :ZZZ: i would like better like the Italian, German or Spanish. I live in USA and still watch better football than that. This just depresses me really, i won't play MLS teams when i can play better.

Back
Top Bottom