PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

If they wanted to impress arcade noobs they wouldn't remove the guideline on free kicks and corner kicks, they wouldn't add more first touch errors, they wouldn't have lowered the pace, they wouldn't have lowered passing assistance as it seems they did watching the videos.

Sometimes there are so such stupid conspiracy theories on here, like the one they ditched the completed passes percentuage to hide the fact they are too high. If you watched video you would have seen there are many times during the match completed passes percentage is shown on the new top left menu.
removing the guideline on free kicks and corner kicks isn't nothing to brag about we can just press L1 to hide it in 2017. By adding more first touch errors to a poor amount is a start, but this is just :SHOCK: .............12 years ago they did it better. To fix this issue here they need to make the animation lift his leg and take a touch or allow ball to bounce then go after it.
fSCGNS.gif

Of course they need to improve in a lot of areas to make the game more realistic.
Yes, and will still be fun. Realistic still can be fun.

There is no such a thing as impressing casual noobs, they just want to make a game that can be fun for everyone. Can you blame them?
Just don't want two FIFA's. Realistic still can be fun, have open games the realistic way. Not arcade way like GIF.

The only thing missing in that gif is just one ball bounce and it would look great. I hope they look into it.
yeah, IMO the game looks great except for first touch. Hope it's improved.

Last edited:
I agree with you all, but getting really tired of this gif...

It's the only one posted here that i've found a bit "shocking", but the others Lami posted are more or less acceptable for me.
Is there any other firsts touches like this one?

Good for posting it to officialpes btw

hey, i wanna stay positive guys, i really do but saying something is present when obviously the videos show it isn't is kind of hard to swallow.
i am watching the confederations cup at the moment, Portugal vs Mexico. the first touch errors are all over the place. maybe that would be too much to implement in a video game but make them more obvious then they are at the moment. A lot has to be felt when talking about gameplay improvements and tactics but first touch errors ain't one of them. it is possible to see them.
At the moment i don't see them.

Guys, first touch error was there in this code. I played for 3 days. I was the first one their and the first one to leave everyday. No one played more matches. I saw it as well as others.

It's a 90 min match fit into a 10 min game are there going to be a bunch of first touch errors every match I highly doubt it. But I saw them as well as Jose and Nestor who played. The first touch in that photo of the defender taking it down I completely agree is over the top for me...but the game isn't perfect.

I want to repeat, THE GAME ISN'T PERFECT.

There are things that need to be balanced out more. And I will go into all of these on podcasts and my write up. The problem is after speaking at length with Adam, tweaking certain things can fuck up other parts of the game. These things are a delicate balance which to us seem like easy things to fix but to developers it is not that simple.

Why I am so excited with the E3 code is because for the first time in a long time when you play PES it feels free, less rigid and less structured, you need to relearn how to play. Ball is a much more free element than ever before in PES. It flows so natural. It's the ethos and what this PES is striving for which is why I am so pumped but the game isn't perfect and I still didn't play enough vs. A.I. to make any type of conclusions. It could blow against the A.I. who knows.

But again, the "ethos" of what PES is striving for in the E3 code from what I played is why I don't want the feedback from mainstream non-footy gaming journalists to take away from that and make the game more assisted again. Which is my fear and I think a lot of peoples fear at E3.

Things like passing on 1 bar default could prob be even more free but compared to how assisted it was last year its a breath of fresh air. Shooting had a ton of error. I missed the net a lot. The game could use more shot animations and tone down some OP shots. But then toning down those OP shots you then have to recalibrate the keepers and could fuck something up in that regard. So I understand the development perspective on tweaking this stuff.

Guys, first touch error was there in this code. I played for 3 days. I was the first one their and the first one to leave everyday. No one played more matches. I saw it as well as others.

It's a 90 min match fit into a 10 min game are there going to be a bunch of first touch errors every match I highly doubt it. But I saw them as well as Jose and Nestor who played. The first touch in that photo of the defender taking it down I completely agree is over the top for me...but the game isn't perfect.

I want to repeat, THE GAME ISN'T PERFECT.

There are things that need to be balanced out more. And I will go into all of these on podcasts and my write up. The problem is after speaking at length with Adam, tweaking certain things can fuck up other parts of the game. These things are a delicate balance which to us seem like easy things to fix but to developers it is not that simple.

Why I am so excited with the E3 code is because for the first time in a long time when you play PES it feels free, less rigid and less structured, you need to relearn how to play. Ball is a much more free element than ever before in PES. It flows so natural. It's the ethos and what this PES is striving for which is why I am so pumped but the game isn't perfect and I still didn't play enough vs. A.I. to make any type of conclusions. It could blow against the A.I. who knows.

But again, the "ethos" of what PES is striving for in the E3 code from what I played is why I don't want the feedback from mainstream non-footy gaming journalists to take away from that and make the game more assisted again. Which is my fear and I think a lot of peoples fear at E3.

Things like passing on 1 bar default could prob be even more free but compared to how assisted it was last year its a breath of fresh air. Shooting had a ton of error. I missed the net a lot. The game could use more shot animations and tone down some OP shots. But then toning down those OP shots you then have to recalibrate the keepers and could fuck something up in that regard. So I understand the development perspective on tweaking this stuff.
Thanks!!
I positively look forward to the demo

The game looks and sounds very promising so far (from B-man and a few others thoughts so far).
The only thing I worry about is the world tour they are going on starting this week... judging from twitter posts, it will be predominantly FIFA youTubers (imo the biggest noobs going), I just hope they stick with their own vision and not cater to these guys and their fanbase, because no matter what, most of these guys fans won't give PES a fair shot.
It's actually quite sad how they turn their back on the real PES community in favour of these youtubers.

It's actually quite sad how they turn their back on the real PES community in favour of these youtubers.

All in service of their initial pre-release hype. They'll give it to primarily FIFA YouTubers, they'll make a video saying how fun it is for example, "I used to not like PES, but this is great!" and then not upload another PES video until the following summer. Meanwhile, people who actually know what the hell they're talking about are insulted and belittled via social media.

Days like PES 5 and PES 6 is where they wanted to be different from FIFA. Where FIFA was focused on arcadey and fun gameplay, PES was focused on simulation and challenging gameplay. But recently, they don't see the benefits of being different so they are targeting the FIFA audience who are much larger than us to get more sales. It's a successful business strategy but doesn't mean it's a game I will enjoy(If they actual take the arcade path). Right now, based on the E3 code,it's all fine. But things can easily change. I will be cautiously optimism and not get on this hype until I actually play the release build.

Which is a fool's errand because you absolutely cannot "out-FIFA," FIFA. It's not possible when EA has as much money and clout (and in this case, licenses) as they do. I buy and enjoy FIFA every single year, but I don't need two of them.

Meanwhile, people who actually know what the hell they're talking about are insulted and belittled via social media.

The arse kissing of certain youtubers you see on twitter in comparison to the treatment of some of the real PES guys is shocking. Some of these guys who are involved in the kit making and option files, which help the game out massively, are treated like nuisances.

We all know now it's a numbers game, unless you have x amount of subscribers you don't have a voice. I'd be interested to see if this process of going after youtubers (who mostly do fifa) has actually increased their sales in recent years.

Sorry for the rant, I'm not even involved in said communities other than the odd post on here, but like most here, I grew up with PES/ISS/WE, and to see the belittling and pedantic responses these guys get winds me up.

In other news...

Y21cQjd.png

Adam said that fans wants more stadiums and NOT a Stadium Creator mode. It seems that less than 4 % used this mode in PES 2013. A shame, I think. If this surveys are going to mark the future of PES, I won't be optimistic about it. Most people will want FIFAish things, I think. I hope I'm wrong.

AItlMgB.png

2016, press asked Adam about 2 vs 2. He said "not too much used".
2018, we get 2 vs 2, even tho Adam said "99 % don't use lobby". As Nocturno said, this surveys act very strange.

In other news...

Y21cQjd.png

Adam said that fans wants more stadiums and NOT a Stadium Creator mode. It seems that less than 4 % used this mode in PES 2013. A shame, I think. If this surveys are going to mark the future of PES, I won't be optimistic about it. Most people will want FIFAish things, I think. I hope I'm wrong.
He also said they will add more stadiums based on feedback and that's good to me.

He also said they will add more stadiums based on feedback and that's good to me.

Yeah it's good, but I don't think it's a problem to get more stadiums AND get the creator as well. But well, they use the feedback they want to use...

Which is a fool's errand because you absolutely cannot "out-FIFA," FIFA. It's not possible when EA has as much money and clout (and in this case, licenses) as they do. I buy and enjoy FIFA every single year, but I don't need two of them.
Well said and i fully agree.

Argentina has a new voice for commentary, Rodolfo De Paoli instead of Mariano Closs. Don't know about his partner though, supposedly we'll have Diego Latorre instead of Fernando Niembro but this last bit hasn't been confirmed.

Argentina has a new voice for commentary, Rodolfo De Paoli instead of Mariano Closs. Don't know about his partner though, supposedly we'll have Diego Latorre instead of Fernando Niembro but this last bit hasn't been confirmed.
i herd a thousand more lines added to English commentary but that was a just website i seen. IMO commentary is important for excitement.

About the commentary, someone can ask to Adam or PESOfficial why you don't have the Japanese commentary by Jon Kabira on console and PC, but it's on the mobile version apparently (I don't have a Twitter).

Thx

Regarding the analysis of video gameplay

@PES_Russia
: [NEW] #PES2016: Is gameplay perfect? All-in-One
Read more: https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... All-In-One
@Adam_Bhatti: No idea why you would ask that, I have told you repeatedly not to send anything until you have played. You ignore me. Goodbye.

@PES_Russia: You claim that it is impossible to judge about the game without playing it. Although you judge about our article perhaps without even reading it completely. The POSSIBLE shortcomings of the game are identified in the article. In addition many of them supported by examples on the video and on the screenshots. We have provided you with facts, but we receive only words from you. Why then do you accept all the positive reviews from the fans who just watched the video. They didn't "play the game" either. Is it that hard to take note of some of the listed actual problems (at the discretion of developers)? Here are the statements from the article..Goodbye.
@Adam_Bhatti: That's a very rude, and single minded response. It upsets me how you try to twist things against the people making the game. We try to work with you, but you refuse to listen to us. Take care, and thanks for your passion.

Link to dialogue:
https://twitter.com/PES_Russia/status/626077376045297665
Read all our materials (except for the last):
https://forums.pesfan.com/forumdisplay.php?385-Have-Your-Say-Submitted-Suggestions

Regarding the analysis of video gameplay

@PES_Russia
: [NEW] #PES2016: Is gameplay perfect? All-in-One
Read more: https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... All-In-One
@Adam_Bhatti: No idea why you would ask that, I have told you repeatedly not to send anything until you have played. You ignore me. Goodbye.

@PES_Russia: You claim that it is impossible to judge about the game without playing it. Although you judge about our article perhaps without even reading it completely. The POSSIBLE shortcomings of the game are identified in the article. In addition many of them supported by examples on the video and on the screenshots. We have provided you with facts, but we receive only words from you. Why then do you accept all the positive reviews from the fans who just watched the video. They didn't "play the game" either. Is it that hard to take note of some of the listed actual problems (at the discretion of developers)? Here are the statements from the article..Goodbye.
@Adam_Bhatti: That's a very rude, and single minded response. It upsets me how you try to twist things against the people making the game. We try to work with you, but you refuse to listen to us. Take care, and thanks for your passion.

Link to dialogue:
https://twitter.com/PES_Russia/status/626077376045297665
Read all our materials (except for the last):
https://forums.pesfan.com/forumdisplay.php?385-Have-Your-Say-Submitted-Suggestions

I don´t know guys....

To be honest....if I´d get tweets like this I´d probably respond the same way.
Really appreciate all the feedbacks and efforts coming from here and there is way too much that doesn´t get heard which should be...I agree with that.
But don´t forget that he might get hundreds or thousands of messages like that.

No PES release felt the same way when I played them myself as it felt watching the first videos. None.

Let´s discuss....discussion is good....but I´m sure playing the demo or the full game is so much different than watching the first gameplay vids.
It always has been....at least with me.

I don´t know guys....

Really appreciate all the feedbacks and efforts coming from here and there is way too much that doesn´t get heard which should be...I agree with that.

No PES release felt the same way when I played them myself as it felt watching the first videos. None.

Let´s discuss....discussion is good....but I´m sure playing the demo or the full game is so much different than watching the first gameplay vids.

I totally agree with this post.
Do not misunderstand me, what PESRussia is doing has all my support, they have the best intentions, but sometimes fans are not very diplomatic...
And playing a game feels different than watching (even if do agree witm most of what people like Matt say).

gerd

We do not talk about the response and other things that need to be felt. We are talking about what we see on the screen. The same was seen before the playtesters, when they recorded this match. Is not it so?

Quote one of the members of the forum WENB TheCloser:
Since pes 2014, we've proven time and time again that you don't need hands on gameplay experience to spot the issues. In fact, you're less likely to notice them when you're immersed in the game.
We are talking about the same thing.

It is important to find the shortcomings of the game and let developers know about it. To make the game better. Then, when the game comes out, it will be too LATE to talk about the shortcomings!
There are a lot of good things in the game, but it's much more important NOW to talk about the shortcomings, so that the developers can partially fix them for the release of the game.

We do not want to criticize, we want to help. A KONAMI perceives this as a non-constructive criticism. And trusts more journalists of gaming publications (who played), and not like us (which on the video can give a deeper analysis, because we ourselves have to play it after the release of the game (not journalists). This is normal? Excuse us if we are in something aggressive and wrong. We really love this game, like everyone here. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:
I don´t know guys....

I can understand how he reacts and people do jump to conclusions on the videos. Saying that though he doesnt help himself. There are some big issues with PES that are glaringly obvious and he has in the past flatly denied they exist. Ones that spring to mind are the constant low bottom corner in PES 16. Fouls and advantage rule since forever all backed up with videos

I totally agree with this post.
Do not misunderstand me, what PESRussia is doing has all my support, they have the best intentions, but sometimes fans are not very diplomatic...
And playing a game feels different than watching (even if do agree witm most of what people like Matt say).
that is truly often the case, i agree but the spokesman or representative of the game has to be, its his job, is what he gets paid for. so i'd appreciate a diplomatic answer that showed the respect for the fans that support the game and are also the reason you get that monthly salary

gerd

We do not talk about the response and other things that need to be felt. We are talking about what we see on the screen. The same was seen before the playtesters, when they recorded this match. Is not it so?

Quote one of the members of the forum WENB TheCloser:
Since pes 2014, we've proven time and time again that you don't need hands on gameplay experience to spot the issues. In fact, you're less likely to notice them when you're immersed in the game.
We are talking about the same thing.

It is important to find the shortcomings of the game and let developers know about it. To make the game better. Then, when the game comes out, it will be too LATE to talk about the shortcomings!
There are a lot of good things in the game, but it's much more important NOW to talk about the shortcomings, so that the developers can partially fix them for the release of the game.

We do not want to criticize, we want to help. A KONAMI perceives this as a non-constructive criticism. And trusts more journalists of gaming publications (who played), and not like us (which on the video can give a deeper analysis, because we ourselves have to play it after the release of the game!). This is normal? Excuse us if we are in something aggressive and wrong. We really love this game, like everyone here. Thank you for understanding.
yup, its called constructive criticism and only helps when you have an open mind. if your not open to other people's opinions and only listen to those that share yours then you always miss the point.
that's why i always liked what Pres. Obama said "
I will listen, especially when we disagree"
there lies the key to solve most if not all problems.

Guys, when a person judges a huge analytical material with examples of its title (without reading it!), it's very insulting. And so it was not once. It is very difficult to convey to Adam that we are with good intentions. What we want to help, not criticize. We hope you understand us, too.
Read this article (сompletely):
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?264243-PES-2016-Is-gameplay-perfect-All-In-One
Perhaps you will change the opinion of us for the better.
Peace.

"I will listen, especially when we disagree"
there lies the key to solve most if not all problems.
Excellent said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom