PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

About the ridiculous transfers that everyone has issues with,I haven't played Pes or Fifa in two weeks,been locked into 2k,and that being the benchmark of realistic gaming (not their mycareer bs) especially Mygm and Myleague modes,I've seen ridiculous trades being made in that game.
So don't crap to much on Pes transfer logics.
I've seen superstars (Lebron,Nowitski,Harden) go to crappy teams for strange compensations.

About the ridiculous transfers that everyone has issues with,I haven't played Pes or Fifa in two weeks,been locked into 2k,and that being the benchmark of realistic gaming (not their mycareer bs) especially Mygm and Myleague modes,I've seen ridiculous trades being made in that game.
I've seen superstars (Lebron,Nowitski,Harden) go to crappy teams for strange compensations.

little relief , but the liverpool's dismantling is still a crap, i wonder how a liverpool's supporter could feel seeing his team totally scrambled and out of the CL.
And Liverpool is a partnership.

little relief , but the liverpool's dismantling is still a crap, i wonder how a liverpool's supporter could feel seeing his team totally scrambled and out of the CL.

Well... Liverpool fans will probably use Liverpool, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Plus... they got kinda used to lose, so... :p

Ha ha,yeah must be tough,I'm actually a Liverpool "supporter" or at least use to be,think the PL is boring as hell from my standpoint nowadays,but tough especially since they're a partner team.

It's odd this game. Playing master league and having just beaten man utd 5-1 (just like in the happiest 90 minutes of real life football I have ever had), and I'm thinking of going up to superstar.

I then play braga in the eufa cup and my players feel like they are stuck running in treacle and totally unresponsive and miss total open goals and I get beat. This knocks me out at the group stage

They must have programmed in something that makes your players worse or less responsive for European games. It's happened in each game. That or night games are like this

They must have programmed in something that makes your players worse or less responsive for European games. It's happened in each game. That or night games are like this
I'd imagine it's a "cup competitions" thing - an extra bit of AI that makes the game go "this is an important match so we need to win". Not the first time I'd have seen that in PES!

I'd imagine it's a "cup competitions" thing - an extra bit of AI that makes the game go "this is an important match so we need to win". Not the first time I'd have seen that in PES!

Yeah. They have done it for years. The master league itself is less responsive than exhibition games to make it last longer.

My next game was against Southampton. 1-1 but the speed of the game was much slower. This is what annoys me most. Sometimes -1 feels right, then the next game it's too slow. The game, it's modes, time of day and each stadium plays different. It's all over the place. It's been like that for a decade, but it's only when you play games on other sports games and go back to pes you think, why do they do this? And do they even know it does it

This is good old scripted Master League. Born in PES 2014 and probably never going away.

That's why when we first get a brand new PES and we are eager to play the first match we love it. Because nobody ever plays the first match of a new PES in ML mode. You always play an Exhibition match. And Exhibition is not scripted. So anything can happen, and happens naturally. And so you play many more Ehibition matches and LOVE the game.

But then... a great Option File is released, with all kits, team names, etc and you decide to start a proper Master League and that's when it all goes to shit!

I pray to God Messi that we will finally see a 100% new Master League for PES 2019. It must be built "from scratch", literally.

I've always struggle in Europe,different game play,had the same issue playing the League cup in FIFA in 15 or 16,almost every game went to OT and penalties.

Yeah. They have done it for years. The master league itself is less responsive than exhibition games to make it last longer.

My next game was against Southampton. 1-1 but the speed of the game was much slower. This is what annoys me most. Sometimes -1 feels right, then the next game it's too slow. The game, it's modes, time of day and each stadium plays different. It's all over the place. It's been like that for a decade, but it's only when you play games on other sports games and go back to pes you think, why do they do this? And do they even know it does it
I don't mind the change of pace due to weather,being away etc,that's a bit more realistic than just the same all the time.
But,when it's very different due to scripting,and you suppose to lose,that's when it feels a bit weird,so get what you mean

It's odd this game. Playing master league and having just beaten man utd 5-1 (just like in the happiest 90 minutes of real life football I have ever had), and I'm thinking of going up to superstar.

I then play braga in the eufa cup and my players feel like they are stuck running in treacle and totally unresponsive and miss total open goals and I get beat. This knocks me out at the group stage

Huddesfield Town 2-1 Manchester Utd......

It’s a funny ‘ole game..!!

Another detail with highlighting. Stride size control when dribbling, and body stance on regard to the ball.

It's really difficult for defenders to take the ball of you if you can play touch by touch when moving the ball.

You see animations like, if the ball is under your feet, it takes a bigger motion to dig it out from under your shadow.

Speed burst is a long stride + heavy touch, but you don't reach maximum speed immediately like the old days (part of why the field feels chaotic, and why players keep colliding with one another... Acceleration was too exaggerated)

So this year is speed burst feels much more comfortable to use as a burst step than before

There are many more cool things to do with ball control, will find clips of it later

Am also impressed how konami have got the tactical links for each player to how they respond to your tactics, seriously impressed, resembles real life at its best, de boer going to crystal palace, two completely different philosophies ended in disaster, and the everton scenario, incorporating 6 new players into your side resulting in a massive team spirit drop and mind you the players they bought i honestly believe were quality, people that play pes complain that there gun players they bought in dont pass well or run well, you just need to dig deeper to find out why, have also recently found out, in the players personality, if you see a very short bar under the tactics trait, he will struggle to get all the links for your preferred tactics, deep stuff.

must be the same program in real life for the FA cup, lower league clubs consistently always do well to try beat the PL sides and alot of cases they win .
Totally agree, but having a lot of lacks about licenses that will never be a reality.
And their kind of knowledge about football is for sure improved ,but, 'reading' the gameplay (or also just watching) , the changes are really poor... Overall difference or derbies (the whole system is based over that) doesn't fit the real football emotions or strategies. They have just to leave all clean, whithout force any behaviors (ATM really that's a matter on this buggy gameplay?). so any kind of users could change this game as he like.. But really, i can't understand why they didn't do that. What they need to force?????? WTF of contract they have subscribed with neymar to not allow any change on his appearance , or why retired players (bug of KONAMI for sure) can't be subject of a base copy (two times a pain).
What they have tought introducing the advanced instructions in 2017 ??? you can't change that on 'their' edit mode, are they crazy? So in 2017 you had to play with monaco on a BLUE/BLUE att/def levels (mean conservative/conservative), and the most of the teams have the fool ORANGE/BLUE behaviors (offensive/conservative : just a midfield to defense endless gap) also on 2018 .
Formations doesn't provide the right placement for the players inside the rosters so a good OVR LMF in a 4-3-3 is often keep out (or is the 2nd choice), 3-5-2 tactics keep out the most of proper players ( FB never play) and so on. Again they never test nothing, just add things that they never tried... It's a shame that Pique and Umtiti play on inversed positions, again at least they should take care of the partnerships .

EDIT but i'm really happy that they give some kind of relink also for unlicensed teams (like feeder teams on LIGA or local derby)

Last edited:
Totally agree, but having a lot of lacks about licenses that will never be a reality.
And their kind of knowledge about football is for sure improved ,but, 'reading' the gameplay (or also just watching) , the changes are really poor... Overall difference or derbies (the whole system is based over that) doesn't fit the real football emotions or strategies. They have just to leave all clean, whithout force any behaviors (ATM really that's matter on that buggy gameplay?). so any kind of users could change this game as he like.. But really, i can't understand why they didn't do that. What they need to force?????? WTF of contract they have subscribed with neymar to not allow any change on his appearance , or why retired players (bug of KONAMI for sure) can't be subject of a base copy (two times a pain).
What they have tought introducing the advanced instructions in 2017 ??? you can't change that on 'their' edit mode, are they crazy? So in 2017 you had to play with monaco on a BLUE/BLUE att/def levels (mean conservative/conservative), and the most of the teams have the fool ORANGE/BLUE behaviors (offensive/conservative : just a midfield to defense endless gap) also on 2018 .
Formations doesn't provide the right placement for the players inside the rosters so a good OVR LMF in a 4-3-3 is often keep out (or is the 2nd choice), 3-5-2 tactics keep out the most of proper players ( FB never play) and so on. Again they never test nothing, just add things that they never tried... It's a shame that Pique and Umtiti play on inversed positions, again at least they should take care of the partnerships .

EDIT but i'm really happy that they give some kind of relink also for unlicensed teams (like feeder teams on LIGA or local derby)

i agree with you buddy, as someone stated a while ago, there was alot of shortcuts in the programming, must assume its the upper konami hierarchy not allowing the guys enough time to do there magic, its very obvious game was rushed out.

Atalanta-Everton irl?

Jimi you're depriving yourself of some good football, to be honest I don't even notice the faults anymore and will probably pipe up with a "What have you done konami?"after the patch.

Haha, me too! For Online I really don't have any BIG issues with the game any more, super cancel helps a lot with the switching although it isn't perfect. I just hope it won't be a bad snowball- effect when they are gonna tinker with it...

Really been enjoying PES since taking a break, so much so that even missing probably the worst open goal of my life on this game isn't enough to deter me from playing more. I have no idea why I put this wide.

Ha ha ha ha . .what a miss Tomj . . . . classic.. . happens to us all, I've done worse.

Really been enjoying PES since taking a break, so much so that even missing probably the worst open goal of my life on this game isn't enough to deter me from playing more. I have no idea why I put this wide.

Did this myself but tried to be smart and pummel it into the roof of the net and it went over. I was rushing into a ball with the keeper and his leg went through mine. I wish it was a foul and a red card but such is life.

bro, you can adjust that in 2k, you cant in PES

Back
Top Bottom