PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Sorry Deco, i completely disagree. I know we had this conversation a while ago and we had to agree to disagree.

Regarding the purple arrows that’s just stat based again. It depends on ‘Form’ stat. Since editing the older games for many years now i make sure that very few players in the database have less than 5 for Form.

One of the things i read about most in this and the ML thread is how scripted the game is. It’s what put me off buying it but eventually i did and i experienced the scripting straight away. In last years game there were certain games where the CPU would always score in the first few minutes no matter how many times i restarted. What’s that all about?

I never experienced that in older games.

After Gerds post I rest my case.

The scripting in Master League could be and should be present in other ways. Not in the gameplay itself. Not within a mastch.
To make it more entertaining and less boring is exactly when the depth of Master League should come forward. And that is what it has been lacking since pre-FOX ENGINE. That's exactly what we all have been asking for. MASTER LEAGUE DEPTH.

But what do they go and do? They script it even more where it should be less scripted: ON THE PITCH.
Far from giving us a revamped Master league ala FIFA-CareerMode, they just make it so that your players feel sluggish and unresponsive and the AI places exact passes and crosses the ball with such precision it makes you wanna exit the game.

Scripting DOES NOT make the game more enjoyable. It DOES NOT make it more addictive. It DOES NOT compensate for the lack of depth in Master League itself. It just RUINS PES.

If you want to script Master League, then do it in other ways. Manager decisions, having to please the owner (yup, I know exactly what that have sounded like...) in more ways than just winning matches, injuries (non existant currently), etc. That's perimetrical scripting. That's called being creative. Please stop ruinning the best mode PES has ever had.

Oh and by the way, scripting has been in since the PS1 days. It was better implemented or less obvious back then. Or perhaps I couldn't notice it because I was just a little kid.

I remember that no matter how good you were (and I was not), if you were winning and conceded a foul near the box... 99% of the times, it went in. Specially if the AI had Pirlo, Beckham, or any of those guys. And it was extremely hard not to concede a foul to the AI if you were winning. Because they way they played made you get to them too late. So more often than not, if you were winning the game, you would tackle them, the referee would call it a foul, and they would score from a free kick.

I'm not sure that what you describe is scripting, Chuny...if that is scripting, it is good...might be the influence of the stats (not the fouling, but the free kicks going in with Beckham and Pirlo). But i guess you mean they also went in with ordinary free kick takers.

Gee, i'm 100% sure that scripting did exist in PES6 because i did a test once.
I played with AZ67 against NAC Breda or Rhoda JC and as soon as i started the match it was obvious to me something was wrong. I lost the match in an unfair way and decided to replay the match. I once again lost the match in almost exactly the same way. And then i did something stubborn, i decided to replay until i did not loose.
I replayed that match 28 times and never won. My opponents won each and every time and always the same way. I scored first, and then they scored twice in the first half.
The first attack in the second half produced 28 times a goal for the CPU team and afterwards i pulled one back.

Every single of those 28 matches ended 2-3 and the way the score went was identical every single time, not matter what tactical changes i made...

To be completely honest, i don't remember if it was 28 times i replayed after 2 first attempts, it could have been 21 or 25 or 29, but it was certainly more than 20 times.

I did that only once..nowadays the scripting is less obvious, yes i'm cheating and sometimes i replay scripted matches...now and then i can win them...and in more recent editions i never had exactly the same scenario for a match (i.e. the way the score builds up the same way each and every time).

This is 100% true.

I’m sure if it was 30 times you would have won :P

Seriously though and honestly i never liked or really played much PES6 so i cannot say about that game. I just mentioned that game in my previous post because it is the most loved. I have played PES5 for many years and recently found out that PES2008 PS2 is the best of the oldies (but that’s a different story).

I knew what i posted would open up a can of worms and i would probably get Harry ‘Kane’d :) for what i said.

But i will just have to agree to disagree with you all. I really used to believe that PES5 was scripted as i used to concede so many late injury time goals especially from corners. But then i started man marking, putting all my defensive arrows on high, maybe change to 5 at the back even when it was just for one corner or if we were holding on for dear life. That...plus much button mashing and i could fight any so called ‘script’. It wouldnt always work but it would help prevent certain chances or goals going against me.

It was so satisfying when it did work and once i worked that out it happened less often even when starting ML with default players it felt like i desrved to lose rather than scripted to lose. Remember stats mattered so much back then. Mentality, Team Work (a better version of Team Spirit) and Stamina. All affected how the game would pan out. Not just some random scripted result because the CPU wants you to lose.

Like @Deco i rest may case and will agree to disagree. ;)

The scripting in Master League could be and should be present in other ways. Not in the gameplay itself. Not within a mastch.
To make it more entertaining and less boring is exactly when the depth of Master League should come forward. And that is what it has been lacking since pre-FOX ENGINE. That's exactly what we all have been asking for. MASTER LEAGUE DEPTH.

But what do they go and do? They script it even more where it should be less scripted: ON THE PITCH.
Far from giving us a revamped Master league ala FIFA-CareerMode, they just make it so that your players feel sluggish and unresponsive and the AI places exact passes and crosses the ball with such precision it makes you wanna exit the game.

Scripting DOES NOT make the game more enjoyable. It DOES NOT make it more addictive. It DOES NOT compensate for the lack of depth in Master League itself. It just RUINS PES.

If you want to script Master League, then do it in other ways. Manager decisions, having to please the owner (yup, I know exactly what that have sounded like...) in more ways than just winning matches, injuries (non existant currently), etc. That's perimetrical scripting. That's called being creative. Please stop ruinning the best mode PES has ever had.

Yes so many better ways, like injuries occuring or players wanting to leave. Not on the pitch scripting please.

I don't know that much about ML and anything above Top Player but i don't have the feeling the game is scripted in a sense you can't do anything to stop it. Sure enough i experienced my moments where the CPU has a certain momentum or a specific player is on a roll, but isn't that part of the game, the challenge? If the CPU would be consistent then matches would be very dull and predictable. The 'scripting' is necessary to simulate the flow of a real match where you are sometimes on the upper hand and sometimes struggling to keep your head above water. Most importantly I don't feel the CPU has special abilities anymore now that the catch up thing is gone, they are merely more efficient in punishing your mistakes then other times.

Haven't touch the game in a while now, might throw in some CL games tonight to see if i still stand by my words after that.

I think we enjoyed or certainly I enjoyed games more back in the day, not just because i was younger, but because I was more naive. The game was mine, it was my own little world... there was the internet, but it wasnt like today. You enjoyed it for what you had and not what you believed it should be.

I was happy just to have Man Red change their name to Manchester United and give them white shorts.. now, I cant start a ML without every kit and team edited. It makes no change to how it plays, but thats the way things are now.

PES isnt perfect and never will be, never. But if you chase perfection you will always end up disappointed.

It's also because it was the debut of the "realistic" type of football games. It was already the case on Ps1, but it takes another dimension when the first PES was released, and so on with the next version. Even 5 or 6 years later.

Now we all used to those type of sports games, it's not new anymore, it became a standard after 15 years and also we've all see some other approach with Fifa.
Even if it was a modded copy/paste with the 08 debut in terms of mechanics, the game became really different when Fifa 10 cames out, and so on with Tactical Defending, physical engine improvements, and so on.

I think we enjoyed or certainly I enjoyed games more back in the day, not just because i was younger, but because I was more naive. The game was mine, it was my own little world... there was the internet, but it wasnt like today. You enjoyed it for what you had and not what you believed it should be.

I was happy just to have Man Red change their name to Manchester United and give them white shorts.. now, I cant start a ML without every kit and team edited. It makes no change to how it plays, but thats the way things are now.

PES isnt perfect and never will be, never. But if you chase perfection you will always end up disappointed.
Is it considered as chasing perfection by wanting the basic football fundamental to work correctly in a football game? As of now passing, loft through ball are op, less to no fouls, players positioning are a mess and shooting needs work. They didnt even manage to get the basic things right for years. At least this is what i feel or what i seek in the game

Agree, It's not about perfection, I just want there to be less issues than in the previous iteration of the game otherwise why should I buy the new one.

I'm not sure that what you describe is scripting, Chuny...if that is scripting, it is good...might be the influence of the stats (not the fouling, but the free kicks going in with Beckham and Pirlo). But i guess you mean they also went in with ordinary free kick takers.

Even Pirlo and Beckham didn't score at every free-kick they took in real life. Certainly not every last minute free-kick.
Call it scripting, cheating or whatever. But I remember feeling so frustrated with the game when I was a kid. I'm talking PS ONE days.

Is it considered as chasing perfection by wanting the basic football fundamental to work correctly in a football game? As of now passing, loft through ball are op, less to no fouls, players positioning are a mess and shooting needs work. They didnt even manage to get the basic things right for years. At least this is what i feel or what i seek in the game

The basic fundamentals of football are there, clearly. You have picked out some niggles that annoy you and others, some annoy me... but assume they are fixed as you expect, there will be something else to moan about, there always will.

On the pitch its the best PES we have had.

The basic fundamentals of football are there, clearly. You have picked out some niggles that annoy you and others, some annoy me... but assume they are fixed as you expect, there will be something else to moan about, there always will.

On the pitch its the best PES we have had.
Yes, its the best pes we have in term of physics, movements and animations. They look realistic

I have this video that should help. I named it "Super cancel always". I don't only click it once, sometimes I hold it. It takes a little time to learn but you can do so much with it.

Holding super cancel, you just released all the script and rails the game imposes on you. You get true freedom. Your player and the ball, completely seperate entities (I say this, because sometimes after a pass, your receiving player gets drawn to the ball automatically, even if you put the controller down. That's a predetermined rail, and a scripted event playing out itself).

With super cancel, you renegotiate where you want to take your first touch. The dangers are, it's extremely free, you might miss the ball if you aren't fully aware of where the ball is going to be. It'll be completely up to your manual positioning.

EDIT: uploaded final version. MANY MORE EXAMPLES :)

Small update: if u know where the ball is, super cancel really helps to get your player out of his scripted (locked) movement when receiving the ball. Do your ball retrieving manually, always

Half circle run here going outside, then coming in to face goal, with a run up to take the shot. Only possible with complete freedom

Super cancel is a very useful tool!
I've been able to place some awesome passes that would have gotten intercepted if it wasn't for super cancel.

I scored a beauty in which the keeper was coming out to catch the ball before Aguero got to it, but I used super cancel and got to it first, got passed the GK and scored.... "CLASSIC KUN AGUERO!" said Peter Drury. Indeed.

I've also been using Manual Shooting for the past week and already got pretty comfortable with it. It's very good.
I hate manual through balls though. Poorly implemented. I think they have been broken since... forever.

Super cancel is a very useful tool!
I've been able to place some awesome passes that would have gotten intercepted if it wasn't for super cancel.

I scored a beauty in which the keeper was coming out to catch the ball before Aguero got to it, but I used super cancel and got to it first, got passed the GK and scored.... "CLASSIC KUN AGUERO!" said Peter Drury. Indeed.

I've also been using Manual Shooting for the past week and already got pretty comfortable with it. It's very good.
I hate manual through balls though. Poorly implemented. I think they have been broken since... forever.

Yeah Advanced through balls (if that's what you mean) seems really random, I think it's stats based since I feel Veratti can use them better than others for example but it's something about them that seems, just, off.

Here's another super cancel first touch. Body shaped to receive the pass, but let's the ball run. Walked around defender to recollect.

Anything is possible, as long as you are fully aware of where the ball will be

Just wanted to commend the users who have changed their tone on the game after seeing the truth of how poor the game is (as of now at least)..... It seems that we're all on the same page now at last and that the new patch needs to address the MAIN things that we've been mentioning before release even!

We can very easily go back and look at each other's posts and be amazed at how people can be mislead by Konami's questionable PR style.... But we're not here to judge each other, We're here to save the game basically and I hope that we can contribute together to positive things in the future.

Bring on the patch!

Hey guys, i have an issue when playing Player vs Player on one console at home. If i choose the second controller for my friend, then all patched teams are substituted with original teams (North London etc.). If there is only ONE controller, so all teams are with correct names (WEPES Option file). Can someone give some instructions whether i can change this?

Hey guys, i have an issue when playing Player vs Player on one console at home. If i choose the second controller for my friend, then all patched teams are substituted with original teams (North London etc.). If there is only ONE controller, so all teams are with correct names (WEPES Option file). Can someone give some instructions whether i can change this?

You need to create one more account on your console. So when u connect the 2nd controller u choose the second account instead of guest. That will work

Just wanted to commend the users who have changed their tone on the game after seeing the truth of how poor the game is (as of now at least)..... It seems that we're all on the same page now at last and that the new patch needs to address the MAIN things that we've been mentioning before release even!

We can very easily go back and look at each other's posts and be amazed at how people can be mislead by Konami's questionable PR style.... But we're not here to judge each other, We're here to save the game basically and I hope that we can contribute together to positive things in the future.

Bring on the patch!
What the actual fuck?

We're here to save the game basically

That's up to developers and we are no more than 0,01% of people playing Pes.
Anyway i have not changed my opinion on the game, i still think it's a good one but i also understood that KONAMI never learns and repeats the same mistakes over and over, that's what is making me so frustrated towards the game and the future of the series in general.

Konami is really capable of making the best footie game however they have the tendency to ignore PES fans. If you play PES 2018, it's frustrating that there are just these little niggles that's letting this game down. Minor tweaks is all we need. When PES finally get's their foundation and gameplay mechanism right, they get other things wrong now. Back then, they use to get the gameplay mechanism wrong but other things right.

Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a fix for this bullshit can’t use edit data on offline 2-Player ? Some shit about media content can’t be viewed ?

I couldn’t get the above advice to work.

Last edited:
I don’t get the Sub Account option from Account bud, it’s not there. I’ve read through that and many others but nothing works.

go to account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
– enter Account > Sub Accounts
– create a New Sub Account, make it 18 years old (it’s parent control level 9)
– then, in Parental Controls change to Allow “User-Generated Media”

Have you got this to work Zee ?

Back
Top Bottom