PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

That's up to developers and we are no more than 0,01% of people playing Pes.
Anyway i have not changed my opinion on the game, i still think it's a good one but i also understood that KONAMI never learns and repeats the same mistakes over and over, that's what is making me so frustrated towards the game and the future of the series in general.

Yup the game can be great agreed..

The frustration to me comes from the division that was apparent in the community when things weren't so clear, That division was caused by Konami who alienated a lot of people as well as sent the wrong messages which made some fanatics jump up and hype it until it was a total embarrassment to their credibility as well as the legacy itself.

At this day and age it is not acceptable to see basic features not functioning let alone not fixing them for years.

Anyways I thought this would be a good time to bring the community together and make sure that next time someone comes in with exclusive news about the date of the patch, Fouls being fixed or how the beta won't change in the full release, We can all challenge these people until they come clean on what the real story is.

You'll be surprised how all social media outlets are echoing all our concerns, We are a majority and If the patch is just a cosmetic one then this year is a write-off for the franchise.

I don’t get the Sub Account option from Account bud, it’s not there. I’ve read through that and many others but nothing works.

go to account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
– enter Account > Sub Accounts
– create a New Sub Account, make it 18 years old (it’s parent control level 9)
– then, in Parental Controls change to Allow “User-Generated Media”

Have you got this to work Zee ?
Yes I did. Do you have secondary accounts? Like any of those new Zealand or US psn accounts on your console?

Oh wait try this

Load the game up using your second account and edit something, like import one club.
PES will recognise that the account has edited data on.

Then, just use your normal account to do your editing and enjoy.

Last edited:
Such fond memories BTW if you want an amazing dribbler try Odegaard playing for Heerenveen. Reminds me of on legendary Andres D'allesandro
Nice tip ;)

That method you offered didn’t work bud, still stating main user needs to change settings to allow others users to see and media or edit data.

Just wanted to commend the users who have changed their tone on the game after seeing the truth of how poor the game is (as of now at least)..... It seems that we're all on the same page now at last and that the new patch needs to address the MAIN things that we've been mentioning before release even!

We can very easily go back and look at each other's posts and be amazed at how people can be mislead by Konami's questionable PR style.... But we're not here to judge each other, We're here to save the game basically and I hope that we can contribute together to positive things in the future.

Bring on the patch!

What a bunch of condasending shite that is

Dribbling in this game is the dogs bollocks!

You can well and truly send defenders for a hotdog.
I have said it numerous times but have to reiterate.

I still win a decent amount of free kicks just 0 fucking penalties. The AI just won't commit in the box.

Lol I got my one and only penalty in my last match for nothing . .more of a bump and stumble. .I made sure that I scored it . ..dribbling and keepers stand out in this game.

What the actual fuck?

What a bunch of condasending shite that is

So much anger and vitriol.....It's just a game boys chill out

By the way Super Cancel was a feature that existed since PES 4 or 5, The heavily scripted games of today have tried to nerf down it's effect but it should be an eesential tool to beat the on trail nature of today's football games.

One other thing is the manual teammate control, This is IMHO an under utilised feature that could elevate the game above fifa in terms of gameplay. In fifa all players run in a straight line and it gets really repetitve., You just shield the ball wait for the runner then through ball!

Konami nerfed it down by making the button combination for teammate control more complicated to execute and allowed you to send only one player on a run instead of 3 or 4.

Seasoned players will understand what I'm saying, In the past you just flicked the analog joystick and the player ran, Now you have to point at his direction and press some extra button L1 i think,I used t be able to make a 3 player off the ball movement combination and it felt soo satisfying on Pes 2013

It seems that Konami want the gap between good and robotic players to become very small, We need more control!

Last edited:
Agree 100%. PES introduced inertia, angles first touch, shifting of body weight, body balance, replication of real life technique across all levels, and have refined it and improved the fundamentals with every incarnation over the years.

Beating a man without tricks but the drop of a shoulder, the shifting of balance, the use of close control and varying momentum to glide past with realism and fluidity is a pure work of art, technically.

This dribble and finish has all the above, difficult to achieve but earned when it comes off, just like real life. The final drag roll to take it away from the defenders last gap lunge before the finish was lovely.

I'm having a blast with online co-op, this game is pretty special at its best, but can be frustrating at times for a few reasons.

Shooting - Not enough variation in trajectory/swerve, too often hit with extreme power (regardless of shooting attributes).

Keepers - Overall, the best in any football game and pull off some excellent saves, but are too susceptible to getting beaten by a little L1 dink in one-on-ones. They also spill very weak headers and don't defend their near post on corners/FKs.

Player switching - Has been covered ad nauseum so I won't elaborate, but playing co-op does mitigate the effects of the problems here.

Button delay/unresponsiveness - Especially in online, you almost need to premeditate your moves and know what you want to do a couple of touches in advance. Often you can even see the power bar fill up (so the game got the input) yet your player will chest and run with the ball a bit before doing anything (can cause own goals), or even just do nothing at all.

Fouls/collision detection - Referees are too lenient, this is one of the top complaints I see... But I think the collision detection also has serious problems which exacerbates the issue. You can skip by players and draw tackles, but often you will just clip straight through them. Okay, it results in more successful dribbles, but I'd rather have more freekicks/penalties. Here is one pretty outrageous example I had that should be a stonewall penalty;

AnotherImpracticalKodiakbear-max-14mb.gif

Last edited:

By the way Super Cancel was a feature that existed since PES 4 or 5, The heavily scripted games of today have tried to nerf down it's effect but it should be an eesential tool to beat the on trail nature of today's football games.

One other thing is the manual teammate control, This is IMHO an under utilised feature that could elevate the game above fifa in terms of gameplay. In fifa all players run in a straight line and it gets really repetitve., You just shield the ball wait for the runner then through ball!

Konami nerfed it down by making the button combination for teammate control more complicated to execute and allowed you to send only one player on a run instead of 3 or 4.

Seasoned players will understand what I'm saying, In the past you just flicked the analog joystick and the player ran, Now you have to point at his direction and press some extra button L1 i think,I used t be able to make a 3 player off the ball movement combination and it felt soo satisfying on Pes 2013

It seems that Konami want the gap between good and robotic players to become very small, We need more control!

seasoned players?! Bro I have been playing this game daily for decades. Your condescending tone and this wierd enjoyment you get from people who complain is beyond my comprehension.
Enjoy the ignore list.. You the first to be graced with it. I see no point in any of your posts anymore.

Anyways I thought this would be a good time to bring the community together and make sure that next time someone comes in with exclusive news about the date of the patch, Fouls being fixed or how the beta won't change in the full release, We can all challenge these people until they come clean on what the real story is.

What do you expect them to say? Of course they will try to make excuses. Besides, the officialpes account is UK, the team is Japanese and there is a huge disconnect even between Bhatti and the dev team, even if he goes there.

They (dev team) do what they want to do, they don't really care about fan feedback. Don't think if they will fix cursor change or fouls is because we complained about it, they will (hopefully) fix them because it was so obvious they were forced to release the game unfinished, they just decided to fix these issues later together with DP2 release.

The only way to express your disappintment is not buying the game next year at dayone, or not buying it at all. Only if they see sales much lower they will (maybe) try and make a complete game at release.

This happened with Pes 2014: reviews slayed that game, gamers complained, sales went from 6 millions to 3 millions in just one year, so they reacted with a good Pes 2015. In that case even Konami Europe head released an official statement saying "don't worry, next year it will be completely different, Pes 2014 was just an experiment".

Remember this?

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/shinji-hirano-expect-big-things-pes-2015/

I cannot give details on exactly what we are doing with the UK studio, but they are working on the next project and looking at the needs of the European people. It’s about globalising the franchise, so it is not just being developed by Japanese people.

We know what’s been going wrong with PES, we are working on that. The next version is totally changed. 2014 is a transitional year for the franchise, so expect big things.

In hindsight that was a lie. Pes is still exclusively developed by Konami Japanese developers. Only the database and feedback collection is given to KONAMI UK. You can also see it, the game is absolutely not better towards European people, it's still absolutely Japanese, in its presentation, graphics, menus, modes.

Let me put this straight: community means nothing to Konami and Pes developers, otherwise they would have heard we expect much more from them and acted accordingly.

Last edited:
What do you expect them to say? Of course they will try to make excuses. Besides, the officialpes account is UK, the team is Japanese and there is a huge disconnect even between Bhatti and the dev team, even if he goes there.

They (dev team) do what they want to do, they don't really care about fan feedback. Don't think if they will fix cursor change or fouls is because we complained about it, they will (hopefully) fix them because it was so obvious they were forced to release the game unfinished, they just decided to fix these issues later together with DP2 release.

The only way to express your disappintment is not buying the game next year at dayone, or not buying it at all. Only if they see sales much lower they will (maybe) try and make a complete game at release.

This happened with Pes 2014: reviews slayed that game, gamers complained, sales went from 6 millions to 3 millions in just one year, so they reacted with a good Pes 2015. In that case even Konami Europe head released an official statement saying "don't worry, next year it will be completely different, Pes 2014 was just an experiment".

Remember this?

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/shinji-hirano-expect-big-things-pes-2015/

Oh yes I remember!

First we need to get them to acknowledge these problems, And not let them send their hunting dogs insulting people trying to point out these issues, catch up bug was ridiculed as a myth for years then all of a sudden they celebrated it's removal!
Fouls were the fault of the user for not playing the game properly, Now apparently we need a patch according to Konami.

On these forums alone we've filled around 5 surveys/feedback threads since the beta, A lot of people claim to be friends of Adam and are passing on feedback, No way we are a minority.

Anyways let's wait for the patch and see where we can go from there.

As you were gentlemen

Last edited:

Im not angry, far from it. Im getting my monies worth, if you are not, then I thank you for paying into Konami to help them develop the game further :COOPZ:

However the way you feel you are some sort of ringleader to save 'PES' is embarrassing. I get that a forum is there to express your opinion, but when its 'PES isnt very good is it, anyone..' to 'Hey everyone, PES isnt very good is it...' to 'Ive always said PES isnt good, who agrees...'

Its like you need re-assurance for something and in fairness, me replying is feeding that, so this is all ill leave it as.

Good luck Shez.

I don't know about you but I'm still playing this game pretty much every day. Sometimes even for many hours (when life/work/friends/gf don't get in the way). And I'm enjoyig it very much. Specially when you can get yourself out of the game's mechanics and play it like a real match would develop. This means more horizontal passes, less through balls (which are very tempting by the way), even passing the ball back a few times if you have to, in order to re-organize, etc. Slow the pace down (even on default speed), using the sprint button ONLY when absolutely necessary or when you would actually accelerate in real life.

When I do all this, every match feels very nice. And I get that 'one more game' feeling.

But when I'm on 'auto-pilot' mode in my head, and don't get out of the game mechanics, when I play the way the game wants me to play instead of making the game playing the way I want to, that's when I fall into the trap and game become a little monotonous.

On the Shez matter:
I've been saying it for so long.

People like Curdstar (who could be a little annoying at times, I'll admit that - HELL! I'M A LITTLE ANNOYING AT TIMES TOO!) was banned and had to leave the forum. While Shez has been resisting and holding the "most annoying people of Evo-Web" flag for such a long time now. I don't know how he does it. The reason why I mentioned Curdstar is because he was battling the type of trolls (like Zee or me) who seem to get hard-ons from coming here and try to ruin everyone else experience no matter how good you think the game is, they will try to lower it for you. Yet Curdstar was always positive about PES (sometimes so much so that it wouldn't let him see the game's flaws) and ended up catalogued as a trolled and banned. Why is Shez still here then? He is the exact opposite, with the exception that THIS is (mainly) a PES forum, so if you ain't here for the game, why are you?. Curdstar was in the right place at least. He loved the game so he was here for it. Shez hates it, yet he is here EVERY DAY, annoying all of us.

He isn't here for the game. He has never been. Although you can find Shez in both, the FIFA and the PES forum, he's never there to share good experiences, or talk about how his Master League is going, or how good the Career Mode is this year. He uses Evo-Web as a way to outlet his frustration. It's like a therapy for him. He needs to be the negative one. He must think to himself "I'm so ironic and funny... everyone probably laughs so much" but he can't see that pretty much everyone considers him the black sheep of the forum. But don't let him confuse you, sometimes he mixes one sort-of-a-kinda-semi-quasi-almost positive post (post out of 20) and makes you think. Maybe I misjudged him. Or maybe he's starting to appreciate the game now. Or maybe he took his meds today. BUT NO! He comes right back with the same shitty annoying troll attitude.

I'm very sorry for the Off Topic, but I just can't understand how we, as a community, are letting people like Shez ruin it. Instead of preserving it, with all its rights and wrongs, we constantly let people like him create trouble. Seems it easier to ban the "annoying positive ones" than the "annoying negative".

I'm NOT asking the people in charge to ban him. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I would love him to get restricted access to certain areas of the forum. PES areas to be more specific. He doesn't like the game at all. So why don't we help him move on?.

OH! BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE MY WORD, SEE FOR YOURSELVES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING POSITIVE COMING FROM THIS FELLA.
Quick search on 'Shez' in this thread Only.

xXPnvr1.jpg

tdTvqN2.jpg

IjPGGM6.jpg

And the funniest thing is.... that was just PAGE 1 out of 8!
I didn't dare go through all 8. I fear I might get depressed after so much negativity.

W9NsWgG.jpg

Just imagine his posts from the Beta times, Demo times, E3 times....
If this is what I got just from a simple search on the full game and only recent posts.

Go figure....

Last edited:
Problem is with people & the internet is that some folk tend to be over-opinionated & judgemental, don't You think?
Pots calling kettle, black.
The thread is about the game,not other peoples opinions of each other,its quite simple really.

Yes but we are here to interact with each other.

If anyone has ANY issues with other people we have a perfectly good reporting system Chuny,
What you have done there is not acceptable in this thread,apart from the fact You do not see that its going to cause friction & off topic personal stuff.
Stick him on Your ignore list if You cannot let his opinions go.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

I am all for opinions but a daily PES bash? Come on superleeds. I was banned for a week for speaking ill of FIFA once off after playing it and giving my opinion on it. Shez is protected that's the bottom line.

Jimmy posts a video he highlights the skating. It's like every post that is positive must be countered with a negative.

Imagine if I did this shit on the fifa thread good ole Chris will have me gone my post 2

So you guys are resorting to personal attacks and insults, I'm just respectfully stating an opinion and if you don't like it just stick me on ignore.

I'm here to talk about the game only, Thanks.

OK Superleeds. Fair enough. I made my point and will now rest my case. Not going to stretch this anymore. Ignore list it is.

However, one final comment: We still haven't got a proper answer as to why Curdstar has been banned. Why doesn't the same criteria apply to all members?

Last edited:
I am all for opinions but a daily PES bash? Come on superleeds. I was banned for a week for speaking ill of FIFA once off after playing it and giving my opinion on it. Shez is protected that's the bottom line.

Jimmy posts a video he highlights the skating. It's like every post that is positive must be countered with a negative.

Imagine if I did this shit on the fifa thread good ole Chris will have me gone my post 2

Protected? Hahaha, come on get real.seriously NO ONE is " protected".

My god that looks like ice hockey with all the sliding

Of course it does, this is the Riverside in December, it’s bloody freezing in Boro at this time of year. All the players are wearing blades....

Didn’t spot the sticks, pucks or protective padding, but I have just spotted a helmet.

It’s our pitch.....

Last edited:
After all these years, I can’t believe we still have the whole PES V FIFA bullshit on here, the most respected, iconic PES website (and in later years FIFA combined) website on the net, bar none. It’s pathetic, childish and quite frankly embarrassing.

Debate, opinion and adult discussion is one thing, jealous, silly digs is another. Its pointless and childish at best.

I’ve never played FIFA, I’m a PES man, always have been, always will be, for all the reasons I’ve explained many times before for me personally.

But, I love what FIFA brings, and I wish EA every success in the world with what quite simply is a phenom of a franchise and a true gaming Hall of fame franchise.

Without FIFA, PES could never strive to be all it can be and vice versa.

Both Konami and EA need each other, and it’s the consumer that will forever benefit from this.

So play the game you love, Life is too short for the rest of the bullshit.

Just my 2 cents ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom