PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

What makes u think anything is gonna change in the final product, to me its pes 2017.5 from the vids and i know what im talking abt it is very obvious from the gameplay, shooting, fouls, scripting is still there, same as gk slow motion dive......man i really hate that each year we get the same shite...

I know it's been invariably promise to anticlimax routine for the past couple of years for many of us but I think this year is it. I played the beta extensively and I was and am convinced. The game flow and player movements compliment each other so organically all the while maintaining the freedom of control of players we've always had in PES series.

What makes u think anything is gonna change in the final product, to me its pes 2017.5 from the vids and i know what im talking abt it is very obvious from the gameplay, shooting, fouls, scripting is still there, same as gk slow motion dive......man i really hate that each year we get the same shite...

It's a mistake to judge a game over some video footage from the internet. I, as many others here, have played the beta for quite some time during the time it was available and it's not PES 2017.5 at all, it's a new game. That doesnt mean it is perfect, i've stated already some of the things that were annoying to me.

Again, don't judge the game from some videos, no video so far manages to capture the feeling/movement/smoothness u experience when you actually PLAY. It's a big mistake and it's also unfair to the game itself imo. Tbh, only those that have actually played the beta should judge.

The only thing I am willing to say is that those who are criticising shooting, or saying Konami "clearly" haven't improved ANYTHING and are "depressed" and now know that Konami won't listen, and repeat these "facts" continually, would be better served finding another hobby or distraction until PES2019 rolls around. But even then, what would be the point in doing the same thing to yourselves all over again?

Dudes, it is okay to dislike it, but maybe we don't need continually reminded of that or have others enthusiasm questioned and labelled as being insecure.

Personally, I was able to find a great deal to love about the beta that simply outnumbered any concerns. I'll live with shooting not being perfect, but that doesn't mean everybody else has to; everbody else certainly doesn't need to hear me going on about how comfortable I generally am with the thing. However, I am posting about a game I am overall looking forward to, in a thread dedicated to discussing it.

I mean, so many who are posting about these issues are often the same who will tell you they have hated the game for years now. Why are you doing this to yourselves?

I mean, I used to like COD for a few years but have disliked it for longer. You won't find me on a COD forum/community telling everyone the game is shite; the developers aren't listening to me and it is depressing. No, I go and do something else I like instead.

Unless... unless some of you like doing this to yourselves?

You guys talk about shooting as if it's the only thing that needed fixing all this time. They fixed and improved a lot of things in PES 2018 compared to last years, and it shows. Why keep talking like it's the end of the world. Also you might not see this but I do see improvements in shooting, it's not there yet but hey let's complain why it's not so perfect yet. You guys are bunch of perfectionist tbh.

We're not though. The shooting in PES 5 and 6 was far from perfect but it gave a much higher sense of satisfaction compared to the sterile shots of 2017 in my opinion. That is tough to take considering we are more than a decade on. Floaty keepers should never be a thing in any football game, ever. But here we are.

There is no sense of entitlement but there are far more saying the shooting needs fixing than not and when Konami claim to be listening and yet keep it the same, you have to wonder.

Anyway, that's my position. I'm glad others like 2017 and see even higher potential this year. I just can't enjoy a football game where the shooting is so at odds with the rest of the game.

We know.

I even agree with you. I don't like the slow-mo keepers and I'm disappointed that shooting is still the same. But if you don't have anything more constructive to say and you're just going to repeat the same thing over and over again - especially when it seems to target people who are enthusiastic about the game (they're allowed to like it, you know) - then you're not adding decent content to the thread.

I didn't think I'd have to explain it again, but there we go. Please can we stop repeating ourselves and/or trolling people in an attempt to kill their enthusiasm for the game, now. Constructive criticism is encouraged but not this constant "meh it's PES 2015.4" or "PES 2013.3" crap. That's trolling. It adds nothing.
yeah my bad, but complete disapointment of what the game is still i can t just say anything other than please fix the things we said.

We're not though. The shooting in PES 5 and 6 was far from perfect but it gave a much higher sense of satisfaction compared to the sterile shots of 2017 in my opinion. That is tough to take considering we are more than a decade on. Floaty keepers should never be a thing in any football game, ever. But here we are.

There is no sense of entitlement but there are far more saying the shooting needs fixing than not and when Konami claim to be listening and yet keep it the same, you have to wonder.

Anyway, that's my position. I'm glad others like 2017 and see even higher potential this year. I just can't enjoy a football game where the shooting is so at odds with the rest of the game.

You don't know that shooting is the same. And you don't know what kind of improvements they make to shooting, there are things that you might not have noticed. But Demo is there soon enough. I don't think shooting would stop me from enjoying the game this year. It's not easy to score. So I don't find it as troubling as PES 2016. To me next 2 years there would be something to brag about.

yeah my bad, but complete disapointment of what the game is still i can t just say anything other than please fix the things we said.

I'll bite in spite of it being perceived (incorrectly) as trolling...

Can you please give clear examples, multiple examples, using video, that highlights everything "we" asked for to be fixed that hasn't? If you are going to say ping-pong passing, can you please illustrate what that is, using video evidence? Same goes for shooting being identical as PES2017, or that all shots are driven rocket shots (I never did get those videos of 30 rocket shots from range by defenders using their weaker foot from 100 different matches. That allegedly happened 9/10). If you are going to say it can you please prove it categorically.

Asking questions isn't trolling, and I have another question for @nigguhpleez :

Can you prove, again using evidence and other shizzle, that passes are "faster, flatter, and more accurate by at least 30%"? And I mean prove the percentage claimed. I want to see this 30% minimum analytically proven. No point posting a video of beta gameplay and going "SEE!" or saying something like "Well, if you can't see it then you must be stupid" Not good enough, the burden proof lies with you and others now. If you want to convince me (and others) then prove it.

In advance, there is absolutely no point at all in asking me to prove otherwise. I've said I am generally happy with what I have played and seen. I don't need to do anything except look forward to more news, more discussion about what we do have that is provable, the demo, and the release of the full product, which leads me to my final question(s):

Are any of you who are trashing the game actually going to buy it? If not, and you also think Konami are not going to listen and haven't listened for four years and beyond, then why are you here?

Can you all tell me what PES games you actually liked across its now 20-year+ history? The answer to that should prove rather telling, not for me or others, but for yourself.

These are just questions. Yes, they are questions that are looking to challenge, but I don't see what is wrong with looking to gain a full understanding of who and what I, and a few others, are debating against.

You guys talk about shooting as if it's the only thing that needed fixing all this time. They fixed and improved a lot of things in PES 2018 compared to last years, and it shows. Why keep talking like it's the end of the world. Also you might not see this but I do see improvements in shooting, it's not there yet but hey let's complain why it's not so perfect yet. You guys are bunch of perfectionist tbh.
The sad part is if shooting is ever perfect which it will never be the loop starts again with a new subject matter. Like freaking goal nets.

Can you please give clear examples, multiple examples, using video, that highlights everything "we" asked for to be fixed that hasn't? If you are going to say ping-pong passing, can you please illustrate what that is, using video evidence? Same goes for shooting being identical as PES2017, or that all shots are driven rocket shots (I never did get those videos of 30 rocket shots from range by defenders using their weaker foot from 100 different matches. That allegedly happened 9/10). If you are going to say it can you please prove it categorically.

Can you prove, again using evidence and other shizzle, that passes are "faster, flatter, and more accurate by at least 30%"? And I mean prove the percentage claimed. I want to see this 30% minimum analytically proven. No point posting a video of beta gameplay and going "SEE!" or saying something like "Well, if you can't see it then you must be stupid" Not good enough, the burden proof lies with you and others now. If you want to convince me (and others) then prove it.

In advance, there is absolutely no point at all in asking me to prove otherwise. I've said I am generally happy with what I have played and seen. I don't need to do anything except look forward to more news, more discussion about what we do have that is provable, the demo, and the release of the full product, which leads me to my final question(s):

Are any of you who are trashing the game actually going to buy it? If not, and you also think Konami are not going to listen and haven't listened for four years and beyond, then why are you here?

Can you all tell me what PES games you actually liked across its now 20-year+ history? The answer to that should prove rather telling, not for me or others, but for yourself.

These are just questions. Yes, they are questions that are looking to challenge, but I don't see what is wrong with looking to gain a full understanding of who and what I, and a few others, are debating against.
first shooting doesn't have any feedback to me, unlike pes 5 or 6, where shots had somekind of tactile feedback, i can't explain more than this.
passing: passing seems very assisted on pa1, and very fast, the receiver doesn;t even have to wait to get the ball, plus add to that there is no first touch error whatsoever, always perfect control on the ball whether its a low rate player or its andres iniesta receiving
goalkeeper: goalkeeper slow motion dive is still there and very annoying, some shots still they will punch it away instead of catching it where the situation is very clear and there is no danger he would still punch it away for no reason.
referees and fouls: there is total randomness when it comes to fouls, u can barged and still not get fouls, while u can make slight contact and can be a penalty...
these are the biggest cuplrits about the game that are keeping the game without any improvement.

Last edited:
first shooting doesn't have any feedback to me, unlike pes 5 or 6, where shots had somekind of tactile feedback, i can't explain more than this.
passing: passing seems very assisted on pa1, and very fast, the receiver doesn;t even have to wait to get the ball, plus add to that there is no first touch error whatsoever, always perfect control on the ball whether its a low rate player or its andres iniesta receiving
goalkeeper: goalkeeper slow motion dive is still there and very annoying, some shots still they will punch it away instead of catching it where the situation is very clear and there is no danger he would still punch it away for no reason.
these are the biggest cuplrits about the game that are keeping the game without any improvement.

Why don't u go back to Fifa? You'll do us a huge favor. That's the perfect game for you.

Lets not go off topic with Brexit.

Football or fuck all.

GroundedJealousGecko.gif

Posting 20 paragraphs telling people to chill out :D

I see numbers aren't your thing (14 paragraphs or thereabouts, I believe), so how about some questions? Plenty up there that you'd do us all favour by answering instead of trying to be funny/trolling, or waiting for the next negative post to give a like.

Never mind the questions, actually: just posting anything of any substance at all would be fine, mate.

I asked for evidence and your reply is an opinion.

No first touch error whatsoever? Always perfect control? Please prove this to me.

Why does this bother you?

Saying something that I have observed doesn't bother me.

I saw my neighbour this morning. I observed that and I'm saying that now too. Did me seeing my neighbour bother me because I've said it? Or could it be that I just that I saw that and remembered it, and then said it?

The only thing I am willing to say is that those who are criticising shooting, or saying Konami "clearly" haven't improved ANYTHING and are "depressed" and now know that Konami won't listen, and repeat these "facts" continually, would be better served finding another hobby or distraction until PES2019 rolls around. But even then, what would be the point in doing the same thing to yourselves all over again?

Dudes, it is okay to dislike it, but maybe we don't need continually reminded of that or have others enthusiasm questioned and labelled as being insecure.

Personally, I was able to find a great deal to love about the beta that simply outnumbered any concerns. I'll live with shooting not being perfect, but that doesn't mean everybody else has to; everbody else certainly doesn't need to hear me going on about how comfortable I generally am with the thing. However, I am posting about a game I am overall looking forward to, in a thread dedicated to discussing it.

I mean, so many who are posting about these issues are often the same who will tell you they have hated the game for years now. Why are you doing this to yourselves?

I mean, I used to like COD for a few years but have disliked it for longer. You won't find me on a COD forum/community telling everyone the game is shite; the developers aren't listening to me and it is depressing. No, I go and do something else I like instead.

Unless... unless some of you like doing this to yourselves?
Exactly my thoughts.
Thanks you!!:TU:

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::WORSHIP::WORSHIP: Thank you.
i don't really like typing so much so i love the way you took your time to sum up all those questions i had myself.
i really hope we get some video evidence cause i often get the feeling that i am blind or something.

well PSN updates on Thursday nope?
so there is either an announcement tomorrow that the demo hits this Thursday or nex on the 30th. i believe the latter one is true

ur the troll... so why don ;t u shut up and keep defending a half broken game.
nah man come on, be realistic. how can u say that?
the online Beta is out and felt very good gameplay wise (minus the unrealistic dribbling)with great animations and graphics.
the demo isn't even out yet.
how can u make such a statement?
have u just made up your mind already without the solid proof?

It was an estimate not a scientific claim. I've seen enough trustworthy people on Twitter also notice the difference to know that the observation was not simply conjured out of my imagination -- of course it's true we don't know what pass assistance settings they had but I guess we will find out tomorrow. Hopefully those guys were just making the game look bad.

I see your tactic is to demand an unrealistic burden of analytical proof while also maintaining that everything is subjective and there are no definitive truths. You've got a system where you can never lose.

32 seconds in....wtf is #15 for Brazil doing there? (bottom of screen)

I mean...sorry, that's not good.
lack of AI programming talent, they do this on offense too. They get lost.
the guy with the British accent, his videos show this they are posted pages back. I can't remember who he was to pull up the video for proof.
update : him
3:00, 4:55, 6:28, 7:48, 9:18 lack of AI programming, hopefully it's fixed for final game

Last edited:
It was an estimate not a scientific claim. I've seen enough trustworthy people on Twitter also notice the difference to know that the observation was not simply conjured out of my imagination -- of course it's true we don't know what pass assistance settings they had but I guess we will find out tomorrow. Hopefully those guys were just making the game look bad.

I see your tactic is to demand an unrealistic burden of analytical proof while also maintaining that everything is subjective and there are no definitive truths. You've got a system where you can never lose.

That is the fanciest piece of trollfuckery I have read in a long time.
My own "tactics" are much easier to understand.
Did You ignore my post & 52 minutes ago#3922 ?
Quite simply pack it in, next one engaging in playing tweedledum & tweedledee at someone else's expense really is a goner from this board.

Back
Top Bottom