PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

i need to stop watching these videos as they just don't fill me with excitement. it's like watching pes 17. i know its different when you play it.

I agree.
It looks to me like the same problems are there. So disappointed if that's the case. Been waiting for a classic PES for so long now. That's why I stuck with PES 6 all this time.

I agree.
It looks to me like the same problems are there. So disappointed if that's the case. Been waiting for a classic PES for so long now. That's why I stuck with PES 6 all this time.

The last bit of hitman's post is where you've never agreed - 'I know it's different when I play it'. I don't think you even noticed that he'd put that line in.

Honestly mate, I wouldn't bother with PES 2018 or 2019 if I were you. There's too much of a psychological block in the way for you to enjoy the game. If I thought you were going to approach it with an open mind then I'd say you should give it a go. But the extent to which you've sought the negative with every post, even when much of the time your criticisms are easily proved to be inaccurate or misguided, makes me think you'd be better off putting the £40-50 towards something that will make you happy.

You're free of course to spend your money as you see fit, and you can post as you please. I'm not trying to police your thought process. I'm just not sensing that even the best PES ever could break through the mental wall you've built up.

The last bit of hitman's post is where you've never agreed - 'I know it's different when I play it'. I don't think you even noticed that he'd put that line in.

Honestly mate, I wouldn't bother with PES 2018 or 2019 if I were you. There's too much of a psychological block in the way for you to enjoy the game. If I thought you were going to approach it with an open mind then I'd say you should give it a go. But the extent to which you've sought the negative with every post, even when much of the time your criticisms are easily proved to be inaccurate or misguided, makes me think you'd be better off putting the £40-50 towards something that will make you happy.

You're free of course to spend your money as you see fit, and you can post as you please. I'm not trying to police your thought process. I'm just not sensing that even the best PES ever could break through the mental wall you've built up.

Its not about mental block, we just want the things we always mention to be fixed, i like the nrw vids of the demo but still, goalkeeper slow motion dive is there...it makes u feel that shooting has no sense no purpose when that happens, i believe a big thing affecting my opinion here is the camera position and angle, it doesn t look nice at all the cameras they have implemented....pes 2014 had better cameras

Passes look faster, flatter and more assisted by at least 30%, animations are playing out faster making it look more PES 2017 like. I don't think it is down to video compression because it is consistent across all the new demo videos regardless of game speed and looks palpably different to the beta videos, I fear it has been tweaked to be like this to make the game more suited to online tournaments.

Look at any of the onlnie beta videos and you notice players actually having to wait for the ball to arrive:
Hopefully I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about it

Well....

we´ve been there already, haven´t we?
We´re gonna watch gameplay vids until the demo comes (well not all of us...kudos to @Chuny ...I admire your discipline...seriously) and realize how different it is to play the game yourself than watching other´s playing it.....AGAIN!

Before the beta came it looked like PES 2017.5 to me...just a bit more fluid. Some vids been horrible, some looked better.
When I played the beta, I couldn´t stop playing because it felt so much different than PES 2017...just speaking from my personal impressions....but this was the case.
So I don´t care about gameplay vids either no more....I played it and I know that those vids can be so deceiving.

Let´s just cope the last days/weeks ;)

Well....

we´ve been there already, haven´t we?
We´re gonna watch gameplay vids until the demo comes (well not all of us...kudos to @Chuny ...I admire your discipline...seriously) and realize how different it is to play the game yourself than watching other´s playing it.....AGAIN!

Before the beta came it looked like PES 2017.5 to me...just a bit more fluid. Some vids been horrible, some looked better.
When I played the beta, I couldn´t stop playing because it felt so much different than PES 2017...just speaking from my personal impressions....but this was the case.
So I don´t care about gameplay vids either no more....I played it and I know that those vids can be so deceiving.

Let´s just cope the last days/weeks ;)
Did you enjoy the OP and very straight / unvaried Shooting from the BETA? I sure as hell didn't and I honestly can't see Konami doing anything about it... actually what they will do instead is devote time to create better Faces.... :)

Did you enjoy the OP and very straight / unvaried Shooting from the BETA? I sure as hell didn't and I honestly can't see Konami doing anything about it... actually what they will do instead is devote time to create better Faces.... :)

Well, most of us have different expectations and different areas which we like or dislike.
I didn´t feel any negativity in those areas you mentionend because I enjoyed the other ones much more.

So much that I´m really looking forward to the demo/full game.

That´s all I can say :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine the people who work on faces in Konami are the face artists. The people who work on the shooting are probably, PROBABLY, the gameplay designers. Rather than the face artists. It's outside-the-box thinking like that that changed my life - I've stopped getting my hair cut by the plumber, and told my barber to stop fucking about with the leaky cistern.

Getting irrational and het up about nonsense like this is why people thought Brexit would see £350m a week going straight to the NHS. Outrage leads to stupid decisions.

Well, most of us have different expectations and different areas which we like or dislike.
I didn´t feel any negativity in those areas you mentionend because I enjoyed the other ones much more.

So much that I´m really looking forward to the demo/full game.

That´s all I can say :)
But shooting is a big part of the game? Infact a very important one? I don't see how people can enjoy a game when they will hit the shot button and see a very straight and powerful effort hit the back of the net a lot of the time... Meh. But each to their own as they say.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine the people who work on faces in Konami are the face artists. The people who work on the shooting are probably, PROBABLY, the gameplay designers. Rather than the face artists. It's outside-the-box thinking like that that changed my life - I've stopped getting my hair cut by the plumber, and told my barber to stop fucking about with the leaky cistern.

Getting irrational and het up about nonsense like this is why people thought Brexit would see £350m a week going straight to the NHS. Outrage leads to stupid decisions.
What is Brexit? lol. No I know I am mentioning 2 different things when it comes to Faces and Shooting. Calm down man wasn't trying to upset anyone :)

I wasn't trying to start up an off-topic, just saying there's parallels. But yeah, let's stick to pointing out that Konami can work on faces and shooting simultaneously, and that it's silly and childish to complain that they're working on one instead of the other.

I wasn't trying to start up an off-topic, just saying there's parallels. But yeah, let's stick to pointing out that Konami can work on faces and shooting simultaneously, and that it's silly and childish to complain that they're working on one instead of the other.
Thanks for the insult!.... Calling me Childish....

My main reason for mentioning shooting and faces in the same sentence is because most of the updates and news we hear from the PR Boys at Konami is usually regarding a random person or club that are now licensed and not about gameplay fixes when a lot of people on different forums etc complain about the same issues. The shooting has been a problem in my opinion since PES 2014. It has never really been properly addressed since.

Why are some people so insecure about the game?

This is the 4th year that we go through the same depressing cycle, So far it seems that it won't be a huge step forward and most of the main problems aren't even addressed (fouls,shooting,editing,scripting,pingpong passing)

We tried to get the message across to Konami and it's their call...

Why are some people so insecure about the game?

This is the 4th year that we go through the same depressing cycle, So far it seems that it won't be a huge step forward and most of the main problems aren't even addressed (fouls,shooting,editing,scripting,pingpong passing)

We tried to get the message across to Konami and it's their call...

Because each year we got dissapointed and each year they promised something they failed to deliver in the end.

But shooting is a big part of the game? Infact a very important one? I don't see how people can enjoy a game when they will hit the shot button and see a very straight and powerful effort hit the back of the net a lot of the time... Meh. But each to their own as they say.

It sure is a big part of the game.
It´s not perfect....nothing is perfect on this game....but to me it´s not totally fucked up.
I haven´t played PES 5 (the one where shooting is so highly praised) for years.
Last I played was, before PES 6 came out. I don´t play the old releases.
They have been good back then....I like to reminisce about those games in a positive way.
I´m scared I would destroy that if I would play them again.

That´s why I can´t say whether shooting has been so much better than now, cause I don´t remember.

I said it in an earlier post:
I tested that in PES 2017. Players with a high kicking power do hard shots and players with a lower one, do weaker shots.
Same with body positioning and weak feet.
Maybe.....I don´t know, maybe sometimes this doesn´t stay like that ALL the time, depending on situations, scripting, full moon, solar eclipse....
But whenver a player made a strong or weak shot, I would pause and check stats...and it was always comprehensable.

When I watch replays of long shots.....the ball is flying in a curve mostly (best seen from an angle straight behind or in front of the player). In game that´s hard to be seen.

There used to be shots in earlier PES games I hated (low shot in the corner....keeper falling down).
Specific long shots from out the box etc...but I haven´t seen that in the beta.....nor in PES 2017.

As long as I don´t feel that situations keep repeating and it makes my fist bump when I score and makes me yell when I miss, I´m fine with the game.

And that´s what PES 2017 did to me after PES 2015 and 2016 which I disliked to the max.

That´s what the beta did even more :)

Eaxch to their own....it´s just dangerous reading too much into other people´s negative opinions.
It could affect your positive one ;)

Firstly, I noticed what he'd said thank you. I have played the game - did you miss the beta? The shooting feels exactly the same as 2017 to me and, seeing as I have a huge problem with the shooting in that game, I can confidently say I don't like it.

BIB - yes, I can post as I please. Get off your high horse telling me to forget 2018 and 2019, I will invest my money however I choose. If Konami actually bother to address a system that many have complained about for years then I will return to PES wholeheartedly. Maybe some of the feedback they gather is through this site. Do you know for a fact they don't use this site? If they do, what good is it not to mention the shortcomings - they'll think everyone is happy with the shooting when it's clearly inferior to previous iterations.

You say much of the time my criticisms have been inaccurate and misguided - no, they haven't. If I'm seeing bland shooting, perfect passing, near-perfect ball control, and OP keepers, it's because I've seen them. Do you think I sit here making stuff up? I like what I like and I dislike other elements and post them here. It's a message board. It's public. This is to discuss the game. If you don't like what I'm posting then block me.

Can we calm it down in here please, folks. This is why we can't have nice things.

There are two sides. If you're happy with the game, great, don't talk down to people who aren't. If you feel like shooting lacks variation (note: I agree), you've every right to discuss it, just don't troll about it. Then we can all live together in harmony.

It's worth discussing the videos too, considering that it's already been pointed out that comparing beta videos to the "demo" videos highlights real differences (as opposed to viewing 10 demo videos recorded 10 different ways and just saying "that looks fast"). But most importantly of all, everyone needs to bear in mind that neither the beta nor the demo is the final version and that the final version could be slower, faster or a golf game endorsed by Hideki Matsuyama.

We've still got to make it through the demo being released, with half of us saying "it's loads worse" and the other half saying "it's loads better", and then we've got to get through videos of the retail release coming out (with half saying "it looks loads worse" and the other half saying "it looks loads better").

Then a day one patch will change it completely, and we'll all need sectioning by this point, rocking on the floor in the corners of our living rooms, chanting "the beta was perfect, the beta was perfect" and attacking strangers with pens.

What I'm saying is, if we're going to get through this next few months, we're all going to have to pull together.

Last edited:
It sure is a big part of the game.
It´s not perfect....nothing is perfect on this game....but to me it´s not totally fucked up.
I haven´t played PES 5 (the one where shooting is so highly praised) for years.
Last I played was, before PES 6 came out. I don´t play the old releases.
They have been good back then....I like to reminisce about those games in a positive way.
I´m scared I would destroy that if I would play them again.

That´s why I can´t say whether shooting has been so much better than now, cause I don´t remember.

I said it in an earlier post:
I tested that in PES 2017. Players with a high kicking power do hard shots and players with a lower one, do weaker shots.
Same with body positioning and weak feet.
Maybe.....I don´t know, maybe sometimes this doesn´t stay like that ALL the time, depending on situations, scripting, full moon, solar eclipse....
But whenver a player made a strong or weak shot, I would pause and check stats...and it was always comprehensable.

When I watch replays of long shots.....the ball is flying in a curve mostly (best seen from an angle straight behind or in front of the player). In game that´s hard to be seen.

There used to be shots in earlier PES games I hated (low shot in the corner....keeper falling down).
Specific long shots from out the box etc...but I haven´t seen that in the beta.....nor in PES 2017.

As long as I don´t feel that situations keep repeating and it makes my fist bump when I score and makes me yell when I miss, I´m fine with the game.

And that´s what PES 2017 did to me after PES 2015 and 2016 which I disliked to the max.

That´s what the beta did even more :)

Eaxch to their own....it´s just dangerous reading too much into other people´s negative opinions.
It could affect your positive one ;)
Good post Chief!
I have a renewed love for Pes 17,not perfect,but compared to what's out there,in my mind a top three game.
I hope for some variety,that's all,and throw in a few more stadiums,stadium creator is probably to much to ask for.
So I'm looking fw to 18 a great deal.
All of us who are on twitter will vouch for the negativity spiral (in general) amongst people chief,and yeah it gets to you after a while.
But just like every other game I love/hate/think is ok,I'll make up my own mind on it.

Can we calm it down in here please, folks. This is why we can't have nice things.

There are two sides. If you're happy with the game, great, don't talk down to people who aren't. If you feel like shooting lacks variation (note: I agree), you've every right to discuss it, just don't troll about it. Then we can all live together in harmony.

It's worth discussing the videos too, considering that it's already been pointed out that comparing beta videos to the "demo" videos highlights real differences (as opposed to viewing 10 demo videos recorded 10 different ways and just saying "that looks fast"). But most importantly of all, everyone needs to bear in mind that neither the beta nor the demo is the final version and that the final version could be slower, faster or a golf game endorsed by Hideki Matsuyama.

We've still got to make it through the demo being released, with half of us saying "it's loads worse" and the other half saying "it's loads better", and then we've got to get through videos of the retail release coming out (with half saying "it looks loads worse" and the other half saying "it looks loads better").

And then a day one patch will change it completely, and we'll all need sectioning by this point, rocking in the corner, chanting "the beta was perfect", drawing on our own faces with marker pens.
What makes u think anything is gonna change in the final product, to me its pes 2017.5 from the vids and i know what im talking abt it is very obvious from the gameplay, shooting, fouls, scripting is still there, same as gk slow motion dive......man i really hate that each year we get the same shite...

to me its pes 2017.5 from the vids
We know.

I even agree with you. I don't like the slow-mo keepers and I'm disappointed that shooting is still the same. But if you don't have anything more constructive to say and you're just going to repeat the same thing over and over again - especially when it seems to target people who are enthusiastic about the game (they're allowed to like it, you know) - then you're not adding decent content to the thread.

I didn't think I'd have to explain it again, but there we go. Please can we stop repeating ourselves and/or trolling people in an attempt to kill their enthusiasm for the game, now. Constructive criticism is encouraged but not this constant "meh it's PES 2015.4" or "PES 2013.3" crap. That's trolling. It adds nothing.

You guys talk about shooting as if it's the only thing that needed fixing all this time. They fixed and improved a lot of things in PES 2018 compared to last years, and it shows. Why keep talking like it's the end of the world. Also you might not see this but I do see improvements in shooting, it's not there yet but hey let's complain why it's not so perfect yet. You guys are bunch of perfectionist tbh.

Back
Top Bottom