PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

So at 12:04 the dude pauses the game, 78 simulated minutes in, and Brazil have 67% pass success and Argentina have 79% success. Possession is 54/46 in favour of Argentina.

And I'm meant to start believing there is some 30% overall increase in PA1 accuracy and effectiveness? Off the back of this match... from the demo... in which Brazil faced Argentina... that finished 0-0?

Y'know, I watch a video like this and can take very little from it. Both players clearly knew how to play PES, but not PES 2018. Both players looked comfortable enough in possession but neither looked particularly commanding of the defensive game and it was a friendly environment, so it just meant there was a lot of standing off or just trying to pressure-in clumsily, meaning the dude in possession could pick a pass with time and space; neither player was really trying to tighten the game up until the final third. It's just two players fairly fresh to the game as a whole and the possession game proving a bit easier to get a hang of than the defensive game, though the passing accuracy was fairly realistic. It's wholly inconclusive.

The guy playing called team mate pressure with square button, that's what looks to me.

Teammate pressure should go to the ball, right? He's just marking the man without the ball. If it's set to "Man-Marking" in the advanced instruction then I get that. However, that's still not quite the logic the players should behave in right? It's Man-marking...not "Man Marking or I die."

Teammate pressure should go to the ball, right? He's just marking the man without the ball. If it's set to "Man-Marking" in the advanced instruction then I get that. However, that's still not quite the logic the players should behave in right? It's Man-marking...not "Man Marking or I die."

Just rewatched and i confirm that when the Brasil defender starts sprinting at 0:28 (the one with the next player cursor icon) he rushes towards the man with the ball. I think it's clearly a human player mistake.

I think Matt10 is talking about the #15 right at the very bottom of the screen who runs towards goal, marking an attacker, but then stops and follows the attacker (who had also stopped) rather than carrying on back towards the six yard box to try and help deal with the impending goal threat.

So at 12:04 the dude pauses the game, 78 simulated minutes in, and Brazil have 67% pass success and Argentina have 79% success. Possession is 54/46 in favour of Argentina.

And I'm meant to start believing there is some 30% overall increase in PA1 accuracy and effectiveness? Off the back of this match... from the demo... in which Brazil faced Argentina... that finished 0-0?

Y'know, I watch a video like this and can take very little from it. Both players clearly knew how to play PES, but not PES 2018. Both players looked comfortable enough in possession but neither looked particularly commanding of the defensive game and it was a friendly environment, so it just meant there was a lot of standing off or just trying to pressure-in clumsily, meaning the dude in possession could pick a pass with time and space; neither player was really trying to tighten the game up until the final third. It's just two players fairly fresh to the game as a whole and the possession game proving a bit easier to get a hang of than the defensive game, though the passing accuracy was fairly realistic. It's wholly inconclusive.
Just fresh from a Pes 17 ML game,it looks so different from what I'm playing right now,especially having more space.
Looks sharp

I think Matt10 is talking about the #15 right at the very bottom of the screen who runs towards goal, marking an attacker, but then stops and follows the attacker (who had also stopped) rather than carrying on back towards the six yard box to try and help deal with the impending goal threat.

Correct, it is #15 right? That just looks irregular, which is why the only explanation, that I can think of, is advanced instructions > Man Marking....

Edit: Or...the player is controlling #15, and using teammate pressure with the player on the ball?

Edit2: ^Nope, he controls the defender flying from the middle of the box to the ball carrier. Sigh.

Haven't we been through this when Beta came out?.
First day it was all so negative, I could barely come in here. You were bringing me down so much.
Then, the next few days, everyone starting to get the hang of it and the tables were turned. I even posted I was amazed at how everything changed in just two days. Comments went from "PES 2017 1.5" to "This could really be a classic".

So now we got a few new videos and everyone is going bananas.
This next week is going to be full of negativity. Then, demo will surface and I expect the first day to be dark as a stormy night. And finally... people will love it and probably get more real about what needs to be improved without saying the game can't be played. I mean, there's a difference between "I can love this game and play it all year long, although the shooting could be a lot better" and saying "The shooting is a game breaker, I can't play this more than two games, I'm done.".

Furthermore, FIFA demo will also be out so I expect lots of people to either acknowledge PES 2018 greatness even more after playing FIFA 18 OR, if you liked FIFA more move on to the FIFA thread and stop complaining about a game you don't like.

We've still got to make it through the demo being released, with half of us saying "it's loads worse" and the other half saying "it's loads better", and then we've got to get through videos of the retail release coming out (with half saying "it looks loads worse" and the other half saying "it looks loads better").

Then a day one patch will change it completely, and we'll all need sectioning by this point, rocking on the floor in the corners of our living rooms, chanting "the beta was perfect, the beta was perfect" and attacking strangers with pens.

Hats off, Chris.

Haven't we been through this when Beta came out?.
First day it was all so negative, I could barely come in here. You were bringing me down so much.
Then, the next few days, everyone starting to get the hang of it and the tables were turned. I even posted I was amazed at how everything changed in just two days. Comments went from "PES 2017 1.5" to "This could really be a classic".

So now we got a few new videos and everyone is going bananas.
This next week is going to be full of negativity. Then, demo will surface and I expect the first day to be dark as a stormy night. And finally... people will love it and probably get more real about what needs to be improved without saying the game can't be played. I mean, there's a difference between "I can love this game and play it all year long, although the shooting could be a lot better" and saying "The shooting is a game breaker, I can't play this more than two games, I'm done.".

Furthermore, FIFA demo will also be out so I expect lots of people to either acknowledge PES 2018 greatness even more after playing FIFA 18 OR, if you liked FIFA more move on to the FIFA thread and stop complaining about a game you don't like.

Hats off, Chris.

It's a Catch-22, man. The underlying fact remains is that whether good or bad, PES is being part of the main discussion. It is a time of a hope, and a time of despair. It is what it is. I'm not even sure how many uncertain analogies I can pull in, but that's the reality we face. To understand it, or control it, is futile. We got our hands on the beta...explicitly told not to judge the gameplay...check. See the demo videos...emphasis on not judging the gameplay...because we haven't played it. Easier said/instructed...than done.

What can be done? Maybe changing the forum code so everyone's signature said "Whatever I said about...but [insert waiting to play game comment here]"...would get just as repetitive.

I personally could care less how people are interpreting the game. It's not to say I agree or disagree, I just know my opinion matters just as little as theirs do. That part kind of stinks, but it is the reality to accept. The part to accept is that this...everything that happens...is inevitable. It's like you know it's coming, you know the topics that are going to arise, it's not worth fighting it.

At the end of the day, we'll have the game in hand, and these posts will be buried. Till then, noone is right, and noone is wrong. I love this time of year for what it is. Everything is an attempt to filter the message at this point - and that's really all you can do. Enjoy the ride, we'll all be off of it soon.

If your jusging the game by a video then I really have no words....

Who started this movement that it's not a valid understanding to judge a game by it's video content? I mean...this is a sport, right? You know when your team is playing like crap, and you know when they play well.

You don't actually have to go and kick the ball to know this.

Programmers have approached from this aspect since the start. How else do you know your code is working if you don't "see" it? Do I need to bust out my udemy C# completion to qualify as an astute observer?

I've said it before. You need the guys who analyze video, and you need the guys that analyze based only playing. Both work hand-in-hand, and both contribute to providing a full circle approach.

Personally speaking, I've analyzed videos for years. I'm still waiting to be proven wrong when I get the game in hand.

Why don't u go back to Fifa? You'll do us a huge favor. That's the perfect game for you.
Man i can t go back to fifa, fifa every game feels the same while pes every game is different, player form etc, if only we have the variation and the foul system that the other game has

My 3,5 cent about reactions to post PES6 games and about expectations.

1. The mythical PES6 was not as good as it seems now.It definitely was seen as a step back from PES5. Even then the expectations were too high. It was seens as a step back by both large parts of the community and by the "professional" reviewers.

2. Nevertheless PES6 was good enough to have huge expectations for the next installment for (then of course) next gen consoles.

3. It seems the development team struggled with both PS3 and Xbox 360 and the games after PES6 were huge disappointments.

4. By then there was a schism in the community: FIFA made a huge step forward and some people here turned to the dark side (this is humour), others (like me) were blind and kept believing that Konami would turn it around.

5. What happened then (and is still continuing today) is that every yearwe got the same discussion between believers and non-believers. People over here literally posted that they hoped Seabass and his childeren would get cancer (and were not even banned for it). The PES believers did similar things (but i only remember the cancer post, it must be 8 or 9 years ago, but i still remember it). This thread became a sewer.

6. Because of the bad games, because people got older and looked different towards gaming (nostalgic), PES6 got this (totally undeserved) mythical status even if Konami had a few reasonably good games (notably PES2011, a game that was far from pefect, but imo better than PES6).

7. Each year expectations got higher an Konami made stupid mistakes, bad PR, lost licenses, sold less games and diminished the development team and lost even more licenses. It became some sort of downward spiral.

8. With PES2014 Konami hit rock bottom and a turning point. If PES 2014 would have hit the stores 3 months later, this could have been a good game, but now it seems a game that was rushed and not tested (surely?).

9. Since PES2015, Konami is doing a better job with PES. In my very humble opinion PES2017 was a good game (not an outstanding). I still play it. Some people don't like it...i don't understand them, but i respect their opinion.

10. Still lots of people are not satisfied with what Konami does, and frankly in a way i do understand them. To me it is a fact that that EA is more customer friendly than Konami. I don't like FIFA17, but EA are great in atmospheric details (the licenses, the stadiums, the commentary, the online servers and lots of litle things were Konami still make mistakes because they have less money and because the y don't allow customers to ...customise their games. But i'm sick and tired of the people who come here and only post negative posts without arguments and repeat themsleves for months... Some of them don't respect my opinion. Because they think i'm not critical (which is wrong, i clearly see flaws and post about them) they act superior and i don't feel 'protected' by all mods in this thread (i know this is a very difficult thread to moderate and i was once asked by Mart to become a mod and refused, because i'm sure i would be a very bad mod).

11. What i don't like at all is that some people spoil the enjoyment i have of the game. I don't care if people are critical with arguments. I really hate it when people keep on posting the same unfunded bullshit and lies. You can't talk about Brexit (why not? We live in a free countries, don't we?), but people who don't respect other opinions or wish that a developer and his family gets cancers, can get away with it (see also everything that is written about Adam Bhatti).

Sorry for this long rant...this community needs more humour, i miss guys like Joostebrood... must be getting old.

So any ideas about what licenses PES has got this year, and which they have lost? I have a bad feeling about the Italian league. I think PES still is quite strong in Italy so it would make sense for FIFA to try to make that league exclusive.

PicpxnDLS9qtKkLxU5gD0A.png

36 stadium?? :COAT:

If your jusging the game by a video then I really have no words....
This tbh.
watching and playing are two completely different things, I had no idea how good the pes18 beta was going to be from looking at gameplay vids bfor it came out, you just can't judge it unless you feel the play, the pes18 beta sort of blew me away with how good it was and how much I enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom