PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

..So people are reporting the demo is out on the 30th August.. then I see Adam posting (approx. 11hours ago) that the demo date will be announced next week, presumably at gamescom. Surely the demo will be out before the 30th?? anyone remember the demo date of pes 2017 and 2016??? 23rd (Americas) and 24th (Europe) wasn't it... NZ and Aust got it the day before right??? Talk about an itch in the nuts... somethings gotta give :)

I'm also hearing on twitter there's a possibility the game has been sped up and pa1 is more assisted than beta, if that's the case than that's it, we know for a fact the game is definately catered more for casuals and the hardcore fan feedback is non existent, also when Konami show pes at future E3's we know the game will be fake, that's how I see it Konamis vision will become like EA, cater for the online gamer kids to spend money, and they are the ones that want assisted, fast paced football.

..So people are reporting the demo is out on the 30th August.. then I see Adam posting (approx. 11hours ago) that the demo date will be announced next week, presumably at gamescom. Surely the demo will be out before the 30th?? anyone remember the demo date of pes 2017 and 2016??? 23rd (Americas) and 24th (Europe) wasn't it... NZ and Aust got it the day before right??? Talk about an itch in the nuts... somethings gotta give :)

Just because people say it will be released on X date, doesn't make it true.
Until you see it on Adam's or OfficialPES Twitter (and the next second, of course, everywhere else) don't hold your breathe, bud.

It makes sense for them to release it a few days after Gamescom ends, because when it does there will be still lot ot material to analyze and talk about, INCLUDING DEMO DATE (usually announced at the end of the specially prepared PES Gamescom Trailer) to keep the hype going. So if Gamescom ends on Saturday 26th, they could very well release the demo on Friday 1st. Would be nice because it's already the weekend by then.

But it could also be released on any date for that matter.

I'm also hearing on twitter there's a possibility the game has been sped up and pa1 is more assisted than beta, if that's the case than that's it, we know for a fact the game is definately catered more for casuals and the hardcore fan feedback is non existent, also when Konami show pes at future E3's we know the game will be fake, that's how I see it Konamis vision will become like EA, cater for the online gamer kids to spend money, and they are the ones that want assisted, fast paced football.

No, please no. Twitter is as official as Wakypedia. Unless it's coming from an official source, of course.
You can read rumours of all kinds being presented as the absolute truth there.

Does anyone think we will see 2K soccer ?
I think it's a big thing for us and 2K.
2K always outdoes EA in sports games, this could be revenge for the EA NFL exclusive license.
Be great to have 3 titles to choose from. I hope the fans can get 2K to do it. Would improve all 3 titles as competition would become stiff.

2K always outdoes EA in sports games, this could be revenge for the EA NFL exclusive license.
Be great to have 3 titles to choose from. I hope the fans can get 2K to do it. Would improve all 3 titles as competition would become stiff.
i would love to see 2k do a soccer, i bet they can top konami, especially with the matchday presentation.

I doubt it.
I actually tried to reach out to them via Twitter and ask them about it like a month ago. Obviously, no answer.

This license shit is enough for other companies to not want to be involved in the football gaming industry, I think.
How would you want to get in this business between exclusive licenses, partnerships, agreements, etc. I mean, what would be left for them? Just focus on the gameplay? You can't sell a game with just that, nowadays.
Konami already has big troubles standing up to EA, yet Konami have many licenses. Imagine if 2K tried to release a game with no player likeness, no real names, no real kit, no real stadiums...

It's such a pity.

Took long but the 2k mention had finally landed :D
It's an old topic. We had that years ago. Anyway.
What if sheep start flying to the moon... what if... ^^
Regarding that demo release date. My magic 8ball predicted that there is a possible release at august 29th. :)
Not long... time will fly... gamescom will be a helpful distraction too. ;)

FAKE NEWS. Sad!

The one thing that may be most likely to be affecting this, if it has been changed, is the proactiveness of players in moving toward the ball. L1 player switching but also general player awareness. Quite a few times in the beta a player wouldn't track the ball as effectively which could lead to turnovers or balls going out of play. If this has been fixed then a side effect could be higher perceived accuracy of PA1, and faster gameplay in general as people can move the ball in a more carefree fashion.

Overall, fixing something which genuinely did need fixing might have a negative impact on the overall balance of the game. Might. I'm going to wait for the demo personally.

Who is saying this?

I've read on twitter in the past that the queen was dead and earlier in the week there was a series of tweets by some dude who had 100 followers and wrote 14 tweets saying Mayweather got knocked out in sparring. The dude has a total of 14 tweets.

In late 2015, when the tragedy was unfolding in Paris, a couple of news organisations were retweeting a picture that showed thousands on the streets in an act of defiance. It was soon identified as being nonsense and the image was from a vigil that was organised days after the Charlie Hebdo massacre earlier in the year. Still, it was reported as news by some fairly credible news agencies.

Last edited:
I doubt it.
I actually tried to reach out to them via Twitter and ask them about it like a month ago. Obviously, no answer.

This license shit is enough for other companies to not want to be involved in the football gaming industry, I think.
How would you want to get in this business between exclusive licenses, partnerships, agreements, etc. I mean, what would be left for them? Just focus on the gameplay? You can't sell a game with just that, nowadays.
Konami already has big troubles standing up to EA, yet Konami have many licenses. Imagine if 2K tried to release a game with no player likeness, no real names, no real kit, no real stadiums...

It's such a pity.
I think all they need is one league even MLS would sell it. As long as it's a simulation and better than it's competition. Just look at the numbers, they are growing. 15mill in sales now. How can just 2 companies keep the others out. I think 3 soccer games will be the future because the market is growing

Last edited:
If this is true then konami will lose many die hards like me that have stuck with the series

As it is pes is still behind in terms of presentation and silly things like colours still being too bright, bad pitch textures, crappy generic crowd chant for english teams etc I could be here all day....

but to then speed the game up and make it even more assisted??

I think that would be the final straw for me....

dramatic post I know but just want a really good pes it's been far too long now and fed up with adam promises year after year.

@romagnoli @curdstar @guru83
B-man tweeted in regards to a video that was shown from the recent South American world tour, people were telling him that passing assistance and pace has been modified, now wether it's fake or not, I don't know, b-man himself is on the sideline and waiting till gamescom or actual demo before judging.

OMG, that looks disgusting ... I almost cancel my pre order ... Then I found this :
Which is bit better but.. gosh.
1ucwoq.jpg

:TD:

@romagnoli @curdstar @guru83
B-man tweeted in regards to a video that was shown from the recent South American world tour, people were telling him that passing assistance and pace has been modified, now wether it's fake or not, I don't know, b-man himself is on the sideline and waiting till gamescom or actual demo before judging.

He just said people were DM him and asking him his opinion about the latest gameplay video. From what i read on twitter nobody told him passing assistance or pace of the game were increased. If i'm wrong please link the conversation were people tell him those things.

Come on dudes. Adam himself scoffed at the idea of increasing the game pace and had an impromptu twitter poll to see how the pace is being perceived by the fans. Majority were in favour of the slower pace so I highly doubt it is faster.

We never learn from watching YouTube videos do we?

Come on dudes. Adam himself scoffed at the idea of increasing the game pace and had an impromptu twitter poll to see how the pace is being perceived by the fans. Majority were in favour of the slower pace so I highly doubt it is faster.

yeah, i checked "keep the pace" and commented on it. "for years of speedy soccer this years version seems to nail it. keep it that way. please. dont speed it up!"

You are assuming that Adam has absolute control. Ultimately it's the developers in Japan calling the shots and they might be getting different feedback

More likely though is what romagnoli said, fixing the "issues" in the beta might actually have a negative effect on gameplay.

He just said people were DM him and asking him his opinion about the latest gameplay video. From what i read on twitter nobody told him passing assistance or pace of the game were increased. If i'm wrong please link the conversation were people tell him those things.
Ok I got the impression someone messaged him to say it's changed from the last video, yeah Iv been avoiding videos myself cos it's a fact they do play a lot faster, gamescom is around the corner so will get more solid info then.

I have a simple question regarding the shooting. How hard would it be to have the power of the shot be determined by how long you hold the shot button down and the height and the direction of the shot be determined by the left stick?

I have a simple question regarding the shooting. How hard would it be to have the power of the shot be determined by how long you hold the shot button down and the height and the direction of the shot be determined by the left stick?

this with advanced shooting for sure, with basic you have less options, and about manual i think is pretty the same of advanced (even if i've not tried too much that)

Back
Top Bottom