PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Man oh man... this month will be unbearable!

Everytime I think of playing a game, PES comes to my head. But I can't play PES 2017 anymore. I would pay 100 euros right now to have PES 2018 earlier.
For.me its already unbearable because i constantly find myself wantinf to play a football game and i dont want to go back to the robotic movement of pes 17 lol

Don't know why Konami don't put small details into player details when finding players in the transfer market, for example, how many times player has been in team of the week, won top goal scorer, or assist, I could go on, but very small details like that but adds a lot to the personality of the game, don't think that would require a programming genius to add that into the details, but I again we are the minority, ML isn't a big deal for Konami anymore, if it is honestly taking them a whole year to add just chairman objectives, it's a fkn piss poor effort if you ask me.

For.me its already unbearable because i constantly find myself wantinf to play a football game and i dont want to go back to the robotic movement of pes 17 lol

I still enjoy PES 2017 but knowing what 2018 will bring to the table makes it hard to keep playing 2017.
That's the thing for me. Long 27 to go.

I feel like I'm going to catch the flu on September 14th. Would hate having to skip work that day...

I dont know but for me pa1 is still too easy and passes zip on the floor with no wobbling and are laser guided , there is no first touch error etc...feels too much like 17
So wierd. I didn't feel this at all. Passing was much harder with a lower pass success rate. Especially the Hollywood passes
One thing that comes to mind when watching Real vs Barca is how much space they have.
That's because we are shit and have not been able to do the high press game for close to 3 seasons now.

I feel like I'm going to catch the flu on September 14th. Would hate having to skip work that day...
I've already booked a week off (18-22 september) for other reasons but hey, it's not my fault if it's basically also the first week of PES 2018. Is it?

I dont know but for me pa1 is still too easy and passes zip on the floor with no wobbling and are laser guided , there is no first touch error etc...feels too much like 17

I found PA 1 on the beta much less assisted than on pes 17, which was even more good since we only got to play with two top, top teams where almost everybody SHOULD be a great passer. My fear is that they have nerfed this down for the full release. I faced some players online that was really good but I never got that ping- pong feel that 17 had.

Another thing; does anyone know where to go for option files when the release is? PES Universe seems good, but they charge u right (I could pay, I'm just afraid this somehow could fuck shit up for Konami if option files will be something you have to pay for)? Or is it pesworld.co.uk the place to go to?

Guys i was tryinf to play pes 17 manual, but i struggle a lot when i need to make a tight space sudden cross, u have to push l2 and point the arrow and press, sorry but this is so annoying and not doable under pressure,simply too.many buttons to push...

Turn off the assists and guides in settings and play manual that way .. you won't have to press L2 and won't see any arrows . .you will just press the normal buttons except your judgement of direction comes into play .

Turn off the assists and guides in settings and play manual that way .. you won't have to press L2 and won't see any arrows
Exactly what he said.

Just a quick tip: @ramgamer, don't be afraid of keeping the guides on for reference at the beginning though. I still have them on so I occasionally press LT and see where I'm aiming, and because I still can't really aim properly with advanced through ball.
And I've been playing manual since the day it's been brought to PES (and even before with FIFA) and using advanced through ball for months now.

So wierd. I didn't feel this at all. Passing was much harder with a lower pass success rate. Especially the Hollywood passes

That's because we are shit and have not been able to do the high press game for close to 3 seasons now.
Yeah we are shit and this is worrying at the beginning of the season, u can t but blame ter stegen for both goals yesterday, the guy just cannot stand on his line well, always conceding from lon range.....it is worrying the fact that neymar s departure has unbalanced the whole gameplan, thats how much his impression on proceedings is important to us, he was a crucial crucial part of the gameplan, anw the sporting director said that advanced negotiations are going on with osmane dembele and philip coutinho...

I still enjoy PES 2017 but knowing what 2018 will bring to the table makes it hard to keep playing 2017.
That's the thing for me. Long 27 to go.

Lol ur gonna catch a flu hahaha

the reason i think PES 3 and 5 are more fun is shooting and AI defending is better making the challenge greater. PES 2017 isn't as fun because it lacks in these two important areas. How can 2017 be more simulation than 3 when shooting is so perfect or arcade?

Each to their own. I had a lot of fun with PES 3, 4, 5, 6 and so on.
But that was back then. I couldn´t imagine at all to play those games nowadays.
I like animations and I couldn´t stand that dated robotic movement, just because of shooting and defending.
I´m fine with manual shooting and as I said in an earlier post...to me shooting is okay.
High kicking power stats come strong and lower stats come weak...same with bad body position and weak feet.

But well, that´s down to everyone´s personal interests.

Guys i was tryinf to play pes 17 manual, but i struggle a lot when i need to make a tight space sudden cross, u have to push l2 and point the arrow and press, sorry but this is so annoying and not doable under pressure,simply too.many buttons to push...

Since when are you trying? I used to have the same problem in the beginning. Now I´m quite fine.
You need to be patient cause that takes time. After many many games, I didn´t have to use L2 for aiming no more, but I had to force myself to keep on playing manual.
The cool thing about manual crosses is, that you can aim the ball to someone standing slightly out of the box.
I did that a few times and had my midfielder taking a volley shot on the goal.

One thing though that annoyed me with playing with PA1 (I'm a manual player on Pes 17) on the Beta is that when using L1 + circle for early crossing the player ALWAYS tries to kick up to the attackers, it was the same with pes 17. When using manual passing you can use this much more freely and can be quite useful. It worked OK using L2 + L1 + circle but it's not easy to perform and feels off.

Turn off the assists and guides in settings and play manual that way .. you won't have to press L2 and won't see any arrows . .you will just press the normal buttons except your judgement of direction comes into play .
A lot of people complain about shooting and passing. I think if people follow your advice to play manual, things will go much better. At least that's my experience.

Last edited:
A lot of people complain about shooting and passing. I think if people follow your advice to play manual, things will go much better. At least that's my experience.
my experience is different, i played on manual with FIFA from 2008 to 2016 - i think FIFA did really well implementing manual shooting as there was still loads of variation in shots, in PES 2017 after playing 8 months of manual it was getting very repetitive, advanced shooting with manual pass (purely because PA1 is to restricting) showed a lot mare shot variation

Exactly what he said.

Just a quick tip: @ramgamer, don't be afraid of keeping the guides on for reference at the beginning though. I still have them on so I occasionally press LT and see where I'm aiming, and because I still can't really aim properly with advanced through ball.
And I've been playing manual since the day it's been brought to PES (and even before with FIFA) and using advanced through ball for months now.

Does Advanced Through Ball have more variety than just Manual?

Categoría Primera A (Columbia) Clubs and Primera División Peruana Clubs (Peru) licensed: http://www.ps4news.de/news/ps4/partnerschaften-mit-kolumbianischen-und-peruanischen-klubs-101168

Sporting Cristal and Alianza Lima
Atlético Nacional
and Millionarios F.C.

KONAMI Signs Official Partnership Agreement with Argentine Football Association!
https://twitter.com/PESCommunityit/status/898131343598649344
Does this mean : Mario Kempes, Pasarela, Roberto Ayala, Veron, Claudio Lopez, Gabriel Batistuta, Kily Gonzalez and Diego Simeone as Legends also!!????

Does Advanced Through Ball have more variety than just Manual?
Not varied in terms of how passes look maybe, but I feel that with some training you could pull passes that would be almost impossible to do with manual through ball. I still can't use it at its full potential for example but I somehow feel that I have more possibilities with it than the ones I would have with standard through ball.

demo teams confirmed???

https://twitter.com/PES_Armenia/status/898145883220582402

#PES2018WT
1f1ea-1f1e8.png
demo teams: Inter M. Borussia Dor. Barcelona Liverpool Corinthians Flamengo Boca Jrs. River Plate Colo Colo +
1f1e6-1f1f7.png
1f1e9-1f1ea.png
and
1f1e7-1f1f7.png
NT

Back
Top Bottom