PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

You are assuming that Adam has absolute control. Ultimately it's the developers in Japan calling the shots and they might be getting different feedback

More likely though is what romagnoli said, fixing the "issues" in the beta might actually have a negative effect on gameplay.
No I am assuming he has played a far advanced version of the beta and knows it will be that pace in the final game hence trying to make the point clear since the beta.

How about more likely the issue is actually the compression on recording then uploading to YouTube?

Don't Always gotta be negative man.

No I am assuming he has played a far advanced version of the beta and knows it will be that pace in the final game hence trying to make the point clear since the beta.

How about more likely the issue is actually the compression on recording then uploading to YouTube?

Don't Always gotta be negative man.
You right it's good to be positive but adam isn't the best person to gauge how good pes will be..

He never once acknowledged how easy it was to score in pes 2016 AFAIK

we all want pes to be the best it can be but Adam and that other guy don't like criticism they want praise and nothing else

we are the ones that spend £$€ on pes every single year not them

He never once acknowledged how easy it was to score in pes 2016 AFAIK

That's wrong. During Pes 2016 months after release i edited a video and showed him how easy it was to score against CPU even at Superstar level. he acknowledged it and even said something like:"yeah, i agree, we are making some improvements to defensive AI".

And you really can see that in Pes 2017 is nowhere near as easy to score against CPU, defenders are more responsive when you are trying to dribble through their defense.

That's wrong. During Pes 2016 months after release i edited a video and showed him how easy it was to score against CPU even at Superstar level. he acknowledged it and even said something like:"yeah, i agree, we are making some improvements to defensive AI".

And you really can see that in Pes 2017 is nowhere near as easy to score against CPU, defenders are more responsive when you are trying to dribble through their defense.
Thats the problem, they only acknowledge the problem month's after the Game is Out, when the hype and good criticism does not matter because you already gave them the money.
If you had told them that when the demo is Out they will deny it and say that you are the minority, and thousands say its wonderfull. Like they are doing with shooting and now with speed.

Demo will tell if its changed or not and its not long to wait, but then again if we find Out the shooting its the same and the pace has changed, you sure will ear that final version is better bla Bla bla, and there is nothing to be done now.

#nextyear

Guys just go watch the latest inter vs brazil on youtube from the demo, gamespeed is insane again, omg......i didn t believe what im seeing, passes laser guided and super fast and gameplay was so so fast.....

Watched the same video just for the sake of watching some PES2018 and it looks like PES2018: a game I have quite literally played for two weeks and enjoyed. It is the same looking game to the one in which fan feedback was used and the pace made slower, with a poll suggesting many of those same fans saying they like the pace of the game after having played it; the pace of a game that we have been told will not be altered partly as a result of fan driven feedback.

But now I am meant to believe that they are applying super-duper top secret fan feedback and speeding the game up and making passing more assisted?

I love this and other communities but we do venture off into territory that is both hyperbolic and conspiratorial... based on video footage... of a game we have already played. We tend to hold up the unproven as fact, or more believable, especially if it puts a negative spin on things. Anything that can be easily provable as positive, like really positive, is trashed or swept aside, even if that which can be provable as positive has been experienced, first hand, on account of us actually having played the game.

I can't wait for the demo and the final game now, if only because the talk can finally move on from what has been seen in videos... of a game we have already played.

Guys just go watch the latest inter vs brazil on youtube from the demo, gamespeed is insane again, omg......i didn t believe what im seeing, passes laser guided and super fast and gameplay was so so fast.....
i wouldn't judge youtube vids for speed. It's different from video to video. Maybe it's the video compression software.

Last edited:
I love this and other communities but we do venture off into territory that is both hyperbolic and conspiratorial... based on video footage... of a game we have already played. We tend to hold up the unproven as fact, or more believable, especially if it puts a negative spin on things. Anything that can be easily provable as positive, like really positive, is trashed or swept aside, even if that which can be provable as positive has been experienced, first hand, on account of us actually having played the game.
You use nice words.

I would call it flat out stupid. It's as if they are seeing YouTube videos for the first time smh.

About the pace: don't judge if you are only watching videos. We all know that some of the players use game speed +1 and +2 and that some of the videos looks faster than others.

On Tuesday I will be able to play the demo at the Gamescom. I played the beta a lot so I hope that I can recognize if it's the same speed or not. Of course I will tell you my impressions immediately.

Thats the problem, they only acknowledge the problem month's after the Game is Out, when the hype and good criticism does not matter because you already gave them the money.
If you had told them that when the demo is Out they will deny it and say that you are the minority, and thousands say its wonderfull. Like they are doing with shooting and now with speed.

Demo will tell if its changed or not and its not long to wait, but then again if we find Out the shooting its the same and the pace has changed, you sure will ear that final version is better bla Bla bla, and there is nothing to be done now.

#nextyear

That's not the problem, because it's reasonable to wait some time before making definitive judgement. I also said that Pes 2018 flaws will be clear only after playing the final release code and even then you will want to have few weeks to confirm it.

Shooting looks like has no noticeable variation again, we already noticed it. Adam is saying wait to play the demo before you judge yet i can tell you that even if he acknowledges there is something to fix with the shots developers won't have time to fix it. It's already and always next year, like it or not.

But it's better to have shots improved next year than never. Do you remember when Pes games not only didn't improve year after year but they managed to be worse than the year before? I'm just glad we are past that phase.

i skipped episode 4 as i'm not into that wrestling stuff...
but um currently listening to the latest eposide. made me smile a few times. keep it coming!!!

one thing: steve-o's sound quality isnt the best. if he promisses to get a new microphone ill be that second user watching your streams 24 hours straight! :LOL:

Good comment on the audio he's on it I know its not the best we will be improving that as we go on and the streaming is live soon as well. thanks for the feedback .

heres episode 6 as well

https://soundcloud.com/thecontextualpodcast/episode-6

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-6/id1126505691?i=1000391231263&mt=2

that game was being played on +2 speed, watch the animations of the players after a goal is scored.

There is just an overall misunderstanding of pace.

If you have space, you have pace. It's really that simple. You can have it on +2, but if you have proper space, like you see in real football, then it wouldn't matter.

PES problem is they watch too much Real Madrid and Barcelona and think everything is end-to-end football. That is like 10% of matches played on the weekend.

If only the understanding could sink in that with less space, that actually creates more chances. The reason is space has to be created, and pace is the #1 that can create it. Emphasis on needing to be created...not pre-set. There's a big difference there.

I like the vid barcelona vs dortmund, the pace in that one looked absolutely spot on, did anyone notice they workd a bit on the nets, now nets have more movement when slower shots go in, i like what i see, notice the dortmund own goal

I still don't understand why can't the fix the goal celebrations/ cutscene animation speeds when using +2.

I prefer to play with +2, but man it makes the cutscenes super weird to watch.

i need to stop watching these videos as they just don't fill me with excitement. it's like watching pes 17. i know its different when you play it.

Back
Top Bottom