PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Agree with that list except attack/def balance which is not a problem for me in PES 2017.
At least in superstar vs cpu or vs somoene who knows a bit how to defend (not coming directly from Fifa)

I see some of you think we'll be able to import kits PS3/4 way, but i'm pretty sure it's a microsoft limitation (same problem on xbox). But i read about it a long time ago so not 100% sure.

They also need to give the possibilty to edit attack / def balance prefered setting depending on the team.
For example Monaco when IA controlled is always on "mostly defending" or blue setting, because last year they were very defensive and i'm guessing Konami forced behaviors like this and that's what they call "team ID". Still they often get it wrong, so does anyone knows if it's possible to edit these settings threw sider or else ? i'm looking for this since forever it seems

Being able to force advanced instructions to AI controlled teams would be a nice touch too. (@kilay WB issue could be solved with this)

The full attack setting needs to be reworked too, the CB who's in attack doesn't even try to defend a little, contrary to real life.

And one of the best improvement imo would be to nail the ia intelligence to choose the appropriate tactics, and use of players. At this moment there is absoluetly no flexibilty, a good CDM will never get picked as a starter if they play 4231 with two CMs, same for SS/WF and SS/CF (the IA should at least be able to change the registered position to match bench guys play style and have the player at max potential). The intelligence regarding who gets which position needs to be reworked (would have to be improved via a better ladder for overall depending on positions) and better team balance (IA often choose two very offensive midfielders with 0 defensive capacities or the opposite resulting in a poorly balanced team). Form would need rework too, because even with form 1 player will have blue arrows and will be selected to play sometimes or all the time if he has the best overall for an available position in his team's 11 so it's very hard to emulate low game time despite good overall (my fix is to put them on B for their registered position and alternate one where they might be picked up. Did it for Marchiso in order for the game to select Khedira and Pjanic as midfielders, it works and Marchisio still plays but a lot less.

An other ridicule example of things needing to be patched in PES 18 : Barcelona was loosing 1-0 against me, and so decided to make turan sub jordi alba. They could implement a change of formation to a more offensive one in those cases but no, they keep the same formation so Turan plays as a LB despite not having it registered, resulting in 3 goals conceded by them because of course Turan can't defend. Little game ruining stuff, not such a big deal.

Transfers. Every big team turns to shit in ML when ia controlled after their star players retired because they can't buy the proper players and create a whole new team, i saw bayern buy 3 GK to go up to 5 GK in the team. They also tend to sell players and replacing them with a less skilled player, resulting in bad performances. (Dortmund sold aubameyang and never bought back a CF, they had reus play there for 2 seasons, and they had not a single registered CF in the entire team.

Last a deadlier superstar level. The IA is too easy to read and tend to do stupid shit you'll never see in a real game defensively and offensively. The positioning is waay to influenced by game tactics you chose, rather than situation. with high defensive line, players close to each other in defense (not a native speaker, don't know the word) and aggressive pressure in the middle world class defenders like bonucci or else will have the poorest decision making, agressing the ball carrier even if it leaves space for an other player to score. I expect to have more than binaries choices, or tactics to have less weight or at least get players to not follow instructions when situation needs it.

Excited for this, not been excited for a PES since probably a decade but 2017 was a return to form.

Yesterday, I got to thinking about this teaser. And something triggered my internal mistrust-alarm off.
While I do think the game will look AWESOME. I now tend to believe it will not look as in the teaser.
It will be a more PS4-PRO-awesomeness kinda way instead of that highly photo-realistic short trailer we all loved.

The reason:
What triggered my mistrustfulness (is that even a word?) are some of the effects they've added to the clip. i.e: Suarez heading the ball -
As some of you might have realized this trailer has been inspired by Barcelona 6 - PSG 1 game. And I'm pretty sure they tried so hard to make it look like actual real footage. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual game colors didn't look nothing like this video.

Both Konami and EA have been known for lying in their Teasers/Trailers/Previews.
They can always hide behind something like "We had to tone some things down because most PCs (and no console) wouldn't be able to run it. The game was so demanding" later. Which we all know would be BS.

Last edited:
But we have seen very impressive graphics from many other kinds of games before on PS4 like Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn. And those were even much larger games and more wider open areas and are open worlds.
So I doubt it's gonna be a problem for it to look great on the regular PS4. I mean they showed the trailer for PES 2017 graphics and it was exactly like that on ps4. It looked amazing up close as it was on the trailer but from far away it's totally the opposite just like the trailer. I think they finally figured it out.

But we have seen very impressive graphics from many other kinds of games before on PS4 like Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn. And those were even much larger games and more wider open areas and are open worlds.
So I doubt it's gonna be a problem for it to look great on the regular PS4. I mean they showed the trailer for PES 2017 graphics and it was exactly like that on ps4. It looked amazing up close as it was on the trailer but from far away it's totally the opposite just like the trailer. I think they finally figured it out.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying it's impossible to reach the teaser's kind of graphics level in the actual game.
What I'm saying is that Konami have always done this "show you once thing to sell it to ya, but give ya a similar one" thing. And EA does it too. So it wouldn't surprise me if the graphics level and colors were massively scaled/toned down, or that in fact... a lot in that teaser was just a product of video editing post-processing.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying it's impossible to reach the teaser's kind of graphics level in the actual game.
What I'm saying is that Konami have always done this "show you once thing to sell it to ya, but give ya a similar one" thing. And EA does it too. So it wouldn't surprise me if the graphics level and colors were massively scaled/toned down, or that in fact... a lot in that teaser was just a product of video editing post-processing.

This is very true. WE have to take the graphics of Trailers with a grain of salt.

It's not that PES looks ugly. But the colors/contrast of the Trailers are heavily modified most of the time. Also some of the minor details might not make it in the actual game.

Anyway, some of the most obvious bullshots were from EA games with FiFA 11,12,13,14. FiFA 12,13 and 14 literally had different lighting in the trailers [which was obvious looking at the inverted normal map on the cloths. And ofcoure the 3D grass which never was in the game except for Instant Replays.

But, being that said, PES does look much better now and looks almost similar to it's trailers. Even FiFA 17's trailer was similar to the real game. Maybe we will have to use Reshade to get vibrant colors.

One of the reasons of having dull colors is because most of the modern TVs have color enhancements that makes Already Vibrant colors look shit. So they use dull colors instead.

For me .... KONAMI's promise of pes2018 to PC users is enough to leave the experience of playing with the old gen, If the color of the trailer is very dazzling and may be different from the game, let's just say...that a way promotion as a developer

Furthermore, I asked Adam and Asim about this several times on Twitter and they straight up ignored me.
Adam usually replies to me. So this raised my suspicions. If that teaser was completely taken from the game (aside from the obvious stuff added later) it would have been as easy as saying "Yes". And that was it.

Guys about the colors....do you have any idea how many factors are involved in it? I mean the simple fact that i have a display and you have another its already a big one. Colors will never be the same for everyone. About the teaser....Obviously it has some edition tricks but nothing more if you pay attention you can spot it. But also all that you see in there like reactions, movements and expressions are in game and are new for pes18. They didnt mention a lot of stuff that you can see in the trailer and some more that you will see later. PC version this year will worth any euro you spent on it. Mark my words

I know, Fruits. But perhaps you didn't get my point.
I may have a different monitor than the rest of all of you, but I'm sure that what's saturated for me, it's saturated for you and vice versa. In this case, unless some of you have a poorly calibrated monitor, I'm sure we've all seen more or less the same video, and perceived the same things (intense colors, level of detail, etc), which is a great thing (if it is true)

I'm also sure that when you watch this

You will see a very different game compared to what we got in reality, in PES 2016.
It is one thing to add a few bells and whistles here and there for Showcasing purposes, but it's another thing to sell something that isn't true.

And now that I re-watched that, I'm even more 'scared'. I'm now more than convinced PES 2018 won't look like in that teaser. Specially not the level of details and the (realistic) colors. Look at the crowd and the details in that trailer. I'm sure that if we go back and read these very same forum again back then when PES 2016 was surfacing, many of us were talking about the new crowds looking awesome, and the amazing details. What we got was very very different......

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be right on this one. I'd rather be wrong.
But recent history shows they do these kind of things.

I know we will get a great game regardless of these little things I'm pointing out. I'm sure of it. I'm just saying I would die for the game to maintain that color palette (the grass color, the blue color of the Barcelona kit, the skin colors) in the actual game and not just for a little teaser.

Last edited:
@Chuny

poorly calibrated monitors are the majority of the displays are in the market...

Vivids and intense colors of moderns TV/Monitors are not naturals and realistics colors, but you like colors that in nature, with your eyes, when you watch out of your home window, into your real life, you can't see

Last edited:
@Chuny

poorly calibrated monitors are the majority of the displays are in the market...

Vivids and intense colors of moderns TV/Monitors are not naturals and realistics colors, but you like colors that in nature, with your eyes, when you watch out of your home window, into your real life, you can't see

Monitors barely come calibrated out of the box. It's up to you to calibrate them properly. Same goes for TVs. Old or new.
Plus you always have some kind of "Natural" preset to choose.

I don't have my monitor nor my TV set up with saturated colors. But it's a fact that Football broadasting make colors stand out a lot more (specially in night matches because of the lighting) than if you were watching the same match live in one of the stadiums seats.

I guess most of us, football fans, go to see the team we support every now and then when we come back home and turn on our TVs and watch some Sports channel with that match highlights, we see everything so different compared to when we were there at the stadium watching it live.

That's what I aim for when playing football games. TV Broadcasting feeling (otherwise why would even bother making scoreboards and stuff like that?.)... PES 2018 teaser gives me the feeling of a real football match being watched on TV. I want them to keep it that way. OR to show the real deal, not lies to get us to buy.

Last edited:
All of you just must thinking positive about the future...just stop play your mind with negative think about past series...and just stay calm and see in final release....dont stop your excited feeling...and even the final release is not the same....what the hell we must complain? The point is PC is next gen now ....and it talk about better graphic thats all...and all of you guys think ps4 version in final release is bad? I dont think so...so stop think about different teaser and final game

Lol next gen, ps4 pro is a last gen by pc standard...

Next gen should mean in the very least all resolutions supported including ultrawide and multi monitors setup, fifa 17 already supported ultrawide for the 1st time.

Hi guys. I'm not on here as much since i been working myself into madness.

many big things planned for PES 2018 and the world cup especially!

Seems Konami realized downscaling the pc version is too much effort and porting the ps4 version to pc. Konami are being clever here and exploiting a hole being left open by EA.

EA have KILLED their PC modding community. The game is barely moddable which leaves Konami this year to start showing the game at its peak with all the licensed content out there. With steam Konami seem confident enough they can look to try and capitalize and dominate the PC market.

With modding we can take football gaming to new heights!

Hi guys. I'm not on here as much since i been working myself into madness.

many big things planned for PES 2018 and the world cup especially!

Seems Konami realized downscaling the pc version is too much effort and porting the ps4 version to pc. Konami are being clever here and exploiting a hole being left open by EA.

EA have KILLED their PC modding community. The game is barely moddable which leaves Konami this year to start showing the game at its peak with all the licensed content out there. With steam Konami seem confident enough they can look to try and capitalize and dominate the PC market.

With modding we can take football gaming to new heights!
This exactly.

Konami will have upper hand if they make next gen port and we can mod it. While FiFA 17 is not a bad game, it does feel cheap compared to FiFA 16 due to lack of mods.

If you want to know the real colors of the game look at the screenshots. The trailer definitely has a saturation effectto make colors appear much more vivid. Honestly i don't like that kind of effect, it's not realistic at all but it's cool in trailers.

PES-2018-Screenshot-3.jpg

Still there. I think they signed a 2-year deal or something.

I did some research and Juventus are exclusively licensed for at least 2 more years. I hope there is a way to get Real Madrid licensed on PES. PES signed an exclusive deal with Barcelona but FIFA still had them.

What i mean is...after pes14 15 16 and 17 we finally get some good news, a upgraded pes18. A console version ported to PC, new graphics new gameplay new features and new details. However it seems that people keep tracking negativity around pes and when you track negativity for sure you will find it. C'mon guys, be happy and excited, this pes matches all that konami been promising since pes 14 and after 4 years they will finally deliver it. Colors are easily changeable and so are a few details but just the fact that PES will finally get out of the box in terms of "limitations" its exciting enough for me. 99% of the games don't match the teaser/trailer and yet they feel amazing. Not to mention that i really just miss chants in ps4, i find ps4 pes17 just right and satisfactory i wouldn't mod a PS4 version too much to be honest. Plus don't expect running this pes18 modded easily. A lot of people were complaining about fps drop in pes17 i can't barely wait to see the angry ones complaining about pes18 :BYE:

Last edited:
^^
Yeah but probably no stadium for Juventus. Which is fine by me as long as the league is exclusive to PES it would be awesome. It might be why FIFA got Juventus exclusively licensed, I guess they knew PES would license Seria A in the future. Just a theory. I hope FIFA doesn't get Seria A licensed they deserve a blow. As well as next year with PES the only one to have Bundesliga would be even more awesome.

What i mean is...after pes14 15 16 and 17 we finally get some good news, a upgraded pes18. A console version ported to PC, new graphics new gameplay new features and new details. However it seems that people keep tracking negativity around pes and when you track negativity for sure you will find it. C'mon guys, be happy and excited, this pes matches all that konami been promising since pes 14 and after 4 years they will finally deliver it. Colors are easily changeable and so are a few details but just the fact that PES will finally get out of the box in terms of "limitations" its exciting enough for me. 99% of the games don't match the teaser/trailer and yet they feel amazing. Not to mention that i really just miss chants in ps4, i find ps4 pes17 just right and satisfactory i wouldn't mod a PS4 version too much to be honest. Plus don't expect running this pes18 modded easily. A lot of people were complaining about fps drop in pes17 i can't barely wait to see the angry ones complaining about pes18 :BYE:
People complaining about FPS drops should upgrade their Potato.

I agree with you about the color thing. Reshade is there to save colors.

But I got a bad feeling that the cutscenes will be locked to 30 FPS on PC too. Hopefully disabling Vsycn and enabling it via drivers will fix it.

Master League Online is Back.
PES 2018 will have Master Leauge Online game mode.
I'm so happy.
is this true? i have read on pes Facebook community.

Soumen Roy Chowdhury source?
· Reply · 4 hrs

Joe Sackey Annan
Google it
· Reply · 4 hrs

Thomas Chappell
Just googled it, can't find owt, you got a link?
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 4 hrs

Joe Sackey Annan
Wait for this new news to Spread. It's not a Lie. I only read it yesterday. I'm so happy
LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 2 hrs

Thomas Chappell
Joe Sackey Annan if it's true I'd be so stoked man I loved master league online from the older games like 2013

Back
Top Bottom