PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Maybe it's the other way around?
They build the game in PCs. Then they port it to consoles. (...And then they downgraded it back for PC...)

So this time we should be getting a first-hand product.
Nah, making a game using PC doesn't necessarily mean it will run on PC.

They have to make it work with DirectX 11 [or 12/Vulkan] API and then optimize the games for several specs [usually they group it to low/medium/high spec] and lots of other shit. It was rather easy to update the kits, faces and turn PES 15 into PES 16 into PES 17. What didn't mae sense was why they had to downgrade the PS3 graphics to begin with? PES 14 had nice graphics.

DAXu-K8WAAAtNM8.jpg

DAaji8qXUAAkerI.jpg:large

DAXtHGnW0AAOho3.jpg:large

Yeah, you go ahead and tell yourselves graphics don't matter or if colors don't match those in the trailer doesn't matter either. But it could change the whole perception on your view of the game, when you pick the controller up for the first time.
Graphics pes2018 is better than all sweetfx pes17

The console versions of PES 2014 had severe FPS problems.
I see.

So they had to downgrade the PC version too? PES 14 ran fine on potato, they could just add kits, faces and turn it into PES 15 nstead of downgrading it.

But it doesn't matter now. We finnally got what we wanted.

So they had to downgrade the PC version too? PES 14 ran fine on potato, they could just add kits, faces and turn it into PES 15 nstead of downgrading it.
PES 2014 was already "downgraded" on PC. I mean, the overall lighting was better than what we got to see in PES 2015, but there were already some limitations: no shadows for the goalposts under a searing sun? Seriously, Konami? And don't get me started on the LOD... A player two metres away from the ball carrier was already almost impossible to recognize due to his LOD being insanely low... :LOL:

In before "do you even have the original game?" Picture attached.
The funny thing is that the ones who do not own the original game can play it as they wish, even without connection. :RANT:

PES 2014 was already "downgraded" on PC. I mean, the overall lighting was better than what we got to see in PES 2015, but there were already some limitations: no shadows for the goalposts under a searing sun? Seriously, Konami? And don't get me started on the LOD... A player two metres away from the ball carrier was already almost impossible to recognize due to his LOD being insanely low... :LOL:

The funny thing is that the ones who do not own the original game can play it as they wish, even without connection. :RANT:

The irony, aLe :)

PES 13 had worser LODs than PES 14.
PES 14 looked a lot better than PES 13 overall, except for few downgrades like goal post shadows. But it wasn't a horror that was PES 15 which looked worse than PES 10,13.

Well, you can always buy the game and then use crack, that way yo aren't stealing the game but enjying offline aswell.

One more thing if i might add. I see the hype around NG coming to PC, but what about the problems that are not fixed for years concerning the Online mode?

I mean, if somebody else would tell me how PES is played on the consoles, how lag-free, input-lag-free it is. I wouldnt believe his word..

But.. after getting myself the XBOX ONE version also and tested the online..i was like OMG.. this is a different game.. and now, i really feel cheated by KONAMI regarding the PC version. And please guys, don't tell me there are tools/tricks i dont want to use external software, i want to play the game with the same online quality as consoles have.

Fact is, after trying the online on the console, i couldnt get back to the PC online...

Hope they will fix it in 2018....

So we start a thread for PES2018 PC,thats now well off topic discussing pes2017 and its patches,
WHY ?
Can no one be bothered to raise questions in a more appropriate thread?
All those posts now dumped.

Keep on topic.

You can't be serious. You want them to drop the price JUST NOW when things got awesome for PC?.

Yep, I have no problem with the price. If we get NextGen and also all stadiums and other stuff, I'm fine with this price. :)

All stadiums? Nobody ever said we were getting "all" stadiums
It'll be probably the same as last year (PS4 Pro version which included Anfield and Signal Iduna Park after DLC), plus a few more. Don't expect nothing out of the ordinary mate.

Right now we gotta be thankful that we're getting the best version of PES 2018, period.

One of my gripes is that they've gotten rid of some old generic stadiums. Rose park, Mohamed lewis, the old Konami stadium. They should just make a shit ton of generic stadiums.

One of my gripes is that they've gotten rid of some old generic stadiums. Rose park, Mohamed lewis, the old Konami stadium. They should just make a shit ton of generic stadiums.

Baffling. Although I felt some of them were hideous, I particularly remember The Bristol Mary's stadium turf being awful & I just didn't like the aesthetic of the stadium itself. Reminded me of that Cape Town stadium from PES 5, can't remember the name..

You can't be serious. You want them to drop the price JUST NOW when things got awesome for PC?.

Now it's 50 bucks in my country steam.. definitely. Saving 10 each month until september :D.

If the same people bought pes 2017 on
steam buy 2018 version, will easily double their revenue.

Surely, i'd love them to improve online experience.

All stadiums? Nobody ever said we were getting "all" stadiums
It'll be probably the same as last year (PS4 Pro version which included Anfield and Signal Iduna Park after DLC), plus a few more. Don't expect nothing out of the ordinary mate.

Right now we gotta be thankful that we're getting the best version of PES 2018, period.
It will not be like that on this year
Pc will get all content the same as curent console get chunny ...

Mate, I'm the kind of guy for whom gameplay > everything, also I mostly play PES online be it with friends or in competitions. We are in 2017, online gaming is the real deal, at least for me. Playing vs AI I find it boring and frustrating due to AI cheating...etc.

That's why, for me, a decent online gameplay is very important. If they wont fix the online component for PC this year ill stick to xbox one version and wont give them a penny for the PC one if they keep the same price and bring me a NG graphics version with the same shitty online as we had since..forever.

Mate, I'm the kind of guy for whom gameplay > everything, also I mostly play PES online be it with friends or in competitions. We are in 2017, online gaming is the real deal, at least for me. Playing vs AI I find it boring and frustrating due to AI cheating...etc.

That's why, for me, a decent online gameplay is very important. If they wont fix the online component for PC this year ill stick to xbox one version and wont give them a penny for the PC one if they keep the same price and bring me a NG graphics version with the same shitty online as we had since..forever.

I have both PES and FIFA and have never played an online game. Not once.
Human thirst to win at all cost is beyond me.

So I'm sorry but I disagree. They could simply remove Online gaming altogether for all I care, mate.

And since they confirmed that PES18 for PC will be next-gen, does anyone have an idea or clue which system requirements it will be?

I have both PES and FIFA and have never played an online game. Not once.
Human thirst to win at all cost is beyond me.

So I'm sorry but I disagree. They could simply remove Online gaming altogether for all I care, mate.

I don't play online either. I can't find players on seasons and FuT.

I am able to join pro clubs but the lag is horrendus. It takes 2 seconds for my player to respond to my input.

They shouldn't remove online mode though, many people want that.

And since they confirmed that PES18 for PC will be next-gen, does anyone have an idea or clue which system requirements it will be?

Here's what I'm guessing:
Minimum requirements:

CPU: Intel Core i3- 4xxx series.
RAM: 8 GB DDr3 1600Mhz
HDD: 40 GB.
GPU: GTX 750 Ti/GTX 680.
API: DirectX 11.

We will most probably get a Xbox One port since that uses DirectX API and is easier to port.

If Xbox One uses Dx12, then the PC port will require Dx12 too.

RE: Auto protect feature, which we've been discussing here.

lflyLF2.jpg

Also... for the net-maniacs:

tFljldQ.jpg

He meant "net physics", not "next physics" by the way.

And last but not least, it seems Atletico Madrid not only will be licensed, but players have been scanned (faces AND bodies).

Back
Top Bottom