PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Before everything, teaser/trailer everyone should take that with reserve. It's just a damn commercial and it doesn't mean anything.
Now, there is a lot of things that always bother someone in PES..
The number of those things is huge, but what bothers me most is this:
If we forgive KONAMI for lack of licensing and etc, why the hell they can't bulid lively game followed with solid chants atmosphere and commentators which we can play for hours and not be pissed and bored all at once after two matches?
Why the damn modes in the games like ML are still terrybly made and followed with even worst transfers system etc.
Why the hell driblings are so hard and bad that if you want to see one you need to go on YT and watch Weedens videos?

And to be clear - PES17 is the best football game in newer history(because other versions and other game just suck more) but it is still dull for me and my aging has nothing to do with it.
S O G I V E U S D A M N L I V E L Y G A M E W H I C H W E C AN P L A Y F O R D A Y S L I K E B E F O R E

Before everything, teaser/trailer everyone should take that with reserve. It's just a damn commercial and it doesn't mean anything.
Now, there is a lot of things that always bother someone in PES..
The number of those things is huge, but what bothers me most is this:
If we forgive KONAMI for lack of licensing and etc, why the hell they can't bulid lively game followed with solid chants atmosphere and commentators which we can play for hours and not be pissed and bored all at once after two matches?
Why the damn modes in the games like ML are still terrybly made and followed with even worst transfers system etc.
Why the hell driblings are so hard and bad that if you want to see one you need to go on YT and watch Weedens videos?

And to be clear - PES17 is the best football game in newer history(because other versions and other game just suck more) but it is still dull for me and my aging has nothing to do with it.
S O G I V E U S D A M N L I V E L Y G A M E W H I C H W E C AN P L A Y F O R D A Y S L I K E B E F O R E

Dribbling is very easy you just have to turn off auto-feint. For example, hold down the right stick and then move using any direction(left stick).

Just to know, have someone totally removed steam issue to update PES ?
That is my main issue. I can't mod my game without be scared to a casual update that could ruin my work . Without that fix i don't wanna spend a single $ or € to buy pes in the next year.. This year i've played just one month with original game then after a toons of incompatibility issue and don't wanted updated i'm moved over CPY, and never go back.
Sorry but without that they can also bring us to play pes on the moon but they don't deserve my money...
(same story about different exe that totally change gameplay and the missing chance to play without an Internet connection in offline mode)

Last edited:
That is my main issue. I can't mod my game without be scared to a casual update that could ruin my work . Without that fix i don't wanna spend a single $ or € to buy pes in the next year.. This year i've played just one month with original game then after a toons of incompatibility issue and don't wanted updated i'm moved over CPY, and never go back.
Sorry but without that they can also bring us to play pes on the moon but they don't deserve my money...
(same story about different exe that totally change gameplay and the missing chance to play without an Internet connection in offline mode)

It's impossible.
Same with Origin.

Only easy solution is to download an Auto-BackUp tool, which allows you to select speific folders and keep them safely stored somewhere else, for easy restoring. You could set it to back them up every week, every day or whatever.

In my humble opinion, this isn't something that should prevent you from buying the game bro.

Really so many excuses not to buy the game so many negativity this that i can't dribble/compatibility/color, come on if you have tons of issue just don't play the game play Fifa instead. We are getting probably the best pes after so many years think positive why so negativity sorry if you offended i don't understand this why don't you guyz appreciate what we are getting instead of complaining rubbish things.

Really so many excuses not to buy the game so many negativity this that i can't dribble/compatibility/color, come on if you have tons of issue just don't play the game play Fifa instead. We are getting probably the best pes after so many years think positive why so negativity sorry if you offended i don't understand this why don't you guyz appreciate what we are getting instead of complaining rubbish things.
Don't worry mate, i'm not offended, this a forum and here we should talk about different opinion...
My idea is leave steam platform, but KONAMI could also make two different documents folder with two different edit one for online and one for offline. Is not a rubbish things.. the last copy of fifa that i'ìve bought is in 2000, never liked that game.. But i've a lot of users that ask me how stop this stupid steam behavior.. if i'm not wrong no-one has solved that. and why i can't play pes over my laptop in the center of the sea? Why i suppose to be forced to have an internet connection to play a game that could be used in offline mode.. sorry but that is a no-sense (for all the steam/origin game, FM the last year was a nightmare) . I MUST have the choice.. if not i don't want that product.
Do you will buy a car if you can use that only in your garden?

I agree that i'm annoyed myself also that i can't run the game without internet connection. Your second problem tho with 2 different OF files, can be solved pretty easily with a custom selector. We did it for our patch.
Yeah i know the process .. but a lot of users are not able to do that. anyway if it is really easy why KONAMI don't provide that in his game?

Don't worry mate, i'm not offended, this a forum and here we should talk about different opinion...
My idea is leave steam platform, but KONAMI could also make two different documents folder with two different edit one for online and one for offline. Is not a rubbish things.. the last copy of fifa that i'ìve bought is in 2000, never liked that game.. But i've a lot of users that ask me how stop this stupid steam behavior.. if i'm not wrong no-one has solved that. and why i can't play pes over my laptop in the center of the sea? Why i suppose to be forced to have an internet connection to play a game that could be used in offline mode.. sorry but that is a no-sense (for all the steam/origin game, FM the last year was a nightmare) . I MUST have the choice.. if not i don't want that product.
Do you will buy a car if you can use that only in your garden?
who play pes on beach? btw that's the worst part i know u need internet to play the game that's how denuvo works but this shouldn't be the reason you will use cpy[piracy] and not supporting the game this is not the major issue. They finally did something what we were complaining for years and you came up with a minor issue to not supporting the game that's i don't agree with you. From ps3 port to ps4 port[even better than ps4]+modding is HUGE UPGRADE.

I've my original copy, i don't support piracy. But if is the only way to block steam to a forced update and play without internet connections. My example in the center of the sea is not a joke.. One guy that works over a ship asked that to me.
And remember also that not all the country in the world are served by a good internet connection.. That's the point, not support piracy, just make a better game with little fix. But KONAMI has never follow a logic..
So is useless talk about that...
Regards

I've my original copy, i don't support piracy. But if is the only way to block steam to a forced update and play without internet connections. My example in the center of the sea is not a joke.. One guy that works over a ship asked that to me.
And remember also that not all the country in the world are served by a good internet connection.. That's the point, not support piracy, just make a better game with little fix. But KONAMI has never follow a logic..
Regards
Get real, no sane business is willing to cover every extreme case of usage for their products.

Next time someone is going to say that he's an astronaut and want to update a game from mars.

who play pes on beach? btw that's the worst part i know u need internet to play the game that's how denuvo works but this shouldn't be the reason you will use cpy[piracy] and not supporting the game this is not the major issue. They finally did something what we were complaining for years and you came up with a minor issue to not supporting the game that's i don't agree with you. From ps3 port to ps4 port[even better than ps4]+modding is HUGE UPGRADE.
Nah, it's not a denuvo issue. FiFA 15,16 & 17 use Denuvo too and they can be played without having internet connection at all.

Right now I'm happy for a next gen port finally. The always internet thing sucks, but I hope they will fix it with update later/ or with PES 19.

It's impossible.
Same with Origin.

Only easy solution is to download an Auto-BackUp tool, which allows you to select speific folders and keep them safely stored somewhere else, for easy restoring. You could set it to back them up every week, every day or whatever.

In my humble opinion, this isn't something that should prevent you from buying the game bro.

Wait, Origin doesn't auto update games unless you enable auto update.

I haven't updated my FiFa 17 for a long time until a few days ago. I turn off auto updates. And games can be run without updating even when origin is not in offline mode. Just open the game from the installaton folder or shortcut instead of clicking update on the game icon in origin.

Why don't you relax a little?
We're just talking about things we like and things we don't like about PES.
We've been praising and drooling over the teaser for a whole week. Can't we talk about something else now? Or do you want this to stay Alice In Wonderland forever?. Geez...

Wait, Origin doesn't auto update games unless you enable auto update.

I haven't updated my FiFa 17 for a long time until a few days ago. I turn off auto updates. And games can be run without updating even when origin is not in offline mode. Just open the game from the installaton folder or shortcut instead of clicking update on the game icon in origin.

But... if I'm not mistaken, once Origin detects there's an update available for one of your games, you can't play it unless you let it download and install the update. You can choose not to download it, but you won't be able to launch the game at all, right?

Why don't you relax a little?
We're just talking about things we like and things we don't like about PES.
We've been praising and drooling over the teaser for a whole week. Can't we talk about something else now? Or do you want this to stay Alice In Wonderland forever?. Geez...

But... if I'm not mistaken, once Origin detects there's an update available for one of your games, you can't play it unless you let it download and install the update. You can choose not to download it, but you won't be able to launch the game at all, right?
You can launch the game if you open the game's exe file or shortcut of the exe file.

I just pin the exe files to start menu for convenience. And if I open the games from there, it doesn't prompt me to update the game. Atleast that's what happened to me because there was an update available for a long time and I didn't even notice it lol, because I always open games from the shortcut from start menu.

unknown.png

But, there is a way to completely bypass update on origin just incase my above technique doesn't work for you. Just turn Origin to offline mode [You don't have to disconnect internet] and you can run any games without updating. Make sure you disable auto updates from the Origin settings in the first place.

This is one of the reasons I like Origin more. It boots up fast, doesn't force me to update the Origin client and lets me start in offline mode without the updates, and the games doesn't need to be updated.

That's cool man I didn't know it tbh.
Hopefully Steam will do something like that sooner or later.
Having to keep a backup of so many files constantly, is a pain in the you know what.

Regards

Mate, there is a difference if you play online or offline.
I personally haven't touched the game offline for a long time only if I played against some friends.
Most of the times the DLC are announced by Konami so you know when a new update will show up, so you can backup your files.

Another recommandation would be to never change the game default files, you can use tons of custom CPKs, if you play only offline. Therefore you will not be affected by any update or any DLC.

From my point of view, this year the biggest problem was the lack of working Editing Tools for EDIT00000, therefore I always edit only the DB files and regenerate my EDIT after each change.

Get real, no sane business is willing to cover every extreme case of usage for their products.

Next time someone is going to say that he's an astronaut and want to update a game from mars.

No, i dont agree with u. We bought a product that we want to use and not only when we have internet access. That's stupid and dumb. Maybe i want to go to the country or in some other place i dont have internet access.. or maybe my internet breaks and i need several days to fix it. That means what? I can't play the game that i bought for 50E? Really? I like your logic.

In before "do you even have the original game?" Picture attached.

Attachments

• proof.png
    proof.png
    468.2 KB · Views: 44
Probably not too likely that we'll see minimum specs for it for a little while but what do people think they'll looking at build wise for PC's in order to run it at 1440p 60FPS?

Had no issues with PES2017 at 60fps but it did drop below that into the 30 mark when it was during cut scenes, replays etc.

I think my GTX780 might finally have hit a cap on what it's actually capable of :(

DAXu-K8WAAAtNM8.jpg

DAaji8qXUAAkerI.jpg:large

DAXtHGnW0AAOho3.jpg:large

Yeah, you go ahead and tell yourselves graphics don't matter or if colors don't match those in the trailer doesn't matter either. But it could change the whole perception on your view of the game, when you pick the controller up for the first time.

Last edited:
this is gonna be vry interesting i not played pes since 2016 i think but might go back. No didnt jump FIFA shi[ i just sold ps3 of

Yeah, you go ahead and tell yourselves graphics don't matter or if colors don't match those in the trailer doesn't matter either. But it could change the whole perception on your view of the game, when you pick the controller up for the first time.
Graphics matter indeed. Else I wouldn't want Next gen port lol.

Graphics matter indeed. Else I wouldn't want Next gen port lol.

Maybe it's the other way around?
They build the game in PCs. Then they port it to consoles. (...And then they downgraded it back for PC...)

So this time we should be getting a first-hand product.

Back
Top Bottom